[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shotgun Light Mount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

Any recommendations for mounting a flashlight to a shotgun, either pump or semi?

For the sake of argument, let's say that there are no 1913 rails on the pump gun. Best thing I have found is this, though I have no first hand experience. Seems to be a little better than the stuff that just clamps onto the barrel/magazine.
>>
>>33657326
Duct tape.
>>
>>33657341
well yeah, but that's the easy answer
>>
i have an RS Regulate BM-12G
rock solid & easy to adjust
clamps to the magazine
there's also the Surefire DSF integrated lights
http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/shotgun-forend.html
>>
File: p_streamlight_69901.jpg (92KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
p_streamlight_69901.jpg
92KB, 1000x1000px
Streamlight mount is pretty nice.
>>
>>33657716
The Surefire is a little over the price range I was looking at, though I never specified.
>>33657771

I'm not sure why either the RS Regulate or the Streamlight never showed up when I searched. Maybe I was just overlooking them. Definitely going to give them some thought!
>>
File: P4115196cr.jpg (309KB, 1920x1227px) Image search: [Google]
P4115196cr.jpg
309KB, 1920x1227px
>>33657326
I bought this thing, has some keymod on the sides.

Anyone know of a light with a thumb button that can mount on keymod?
>>
>>33657326
Bought the same mount for my father in law's Mossberg 500. Fit and finish was very good and it's well built 10/10 would buy again
>>
>>33657326
>>33657981
That looks really nice desu. Would it work on the Maverick 88?
>>
>>33658236
It should work because they are nearly the same gun. I put a Mossberg 500 barrel on my Maverick and it fits fine, so this should work as well. (actually what I'm looking to put a light on)
>>
If I have a magpul forend, is it best to mount the light onto the forend?
>>
>>33658313
That's what I would suggest. They make M-LOK mounts, or just attach some rail sections, then the light to the rail. I'd go with the second option, so you can move it to other stuff later if you decide to without having to buy more stuff. Plus gives you more variety of equipment
>>
>>33658313
its the easiest but you'll get shadow from the barrel
>>
>>33658404
True. Could you still do a tube mounted light with the Magpul furniture? I'm not sure if it extends too far forward on a standard tube or not
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Little to no bbl shadow
Lights up the front sight/bead
Can manipulate the light regardless of where you are in the pump stroke
With the MOE grip and scout mount your hand is unable to slip in either direction but is free to release unlike a Mossman strap

Doesn't get much better my bro.
>>
>>33660015
New magpul forend owner here. I was thinking of mounting the light under, but lighting up the front sight seems like a really good idea. How do you like the foregrip? I don't see a lot of foregrips on pumps so I assumed they were not good for pumps.
>>
File: IMG_4614.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4614.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
My setup. It obviously has a significant shadow, but in my experience with maneuvering around my house in the dark to try it out, it's not a significant problem. Even with the shadow you can still see in front of you just fine.
>>
>>33660681
I have the haley momentary on WML on my AR and I hate it. I have to press the switch exactly in the middle or it wont stay on consistently. Also, how does the light handle the recoil?
>>
>>33660361
It's great for a couple of reasons. The most important thing is not trying to milk it like a donkey dick. 90% of fudds that try this gun try to milk it's cock. That's not what it's there for. It's 1) a hand stop for the blade of your hand and 2) and emergency racking device. If one of your arms is injured you can't run a pump. A short vert grip like this makes it super easy to pump against your leg or a surface if you need to.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 225x225px
You don't need no flashlight on a shotgun
Let's the flame out the barrel be your guide!
>>
>>33657326
Pumps should have the light mounted to the pump itself.
>>
>>33660760
It's ok, I don't think the switch is that difficult to engage, but everyone is different. It seems to handle the recoil, although it's probably only seen around 100 rounds.
>>
File: image.png (289KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289KB, 640x1136px
I got one of these with a sure fire g2x

It's bretty gud and if you mount it forward there's almost no shadow. I can hit the switch with my thumb when the bolt is forward.
>>
File: 1463180739357.jpg (71KB, 772x507px) Image search: [Google]
1463180739357.jpg
71KB, 772x507px
>>33657326
>has a little sling loop

>>33660015
>illuminates the front sight
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.