[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cork ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: images-8.jpg (7KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
7KB, 347x145px
So I had a thought. How well would bullets, as well as slugs be if they were made out of cork? Would they be effective for less lethal, like rubber bullets? Tried looking it up, but I can't find shit about it anywhere else.

Any one else try this?
>>
It'd break apart
>>
>>33656585
this
>>
>>33656577
Less than lethal compressed foam rounds are already a thing. Compressed cork would basically just be that.
>>
>>33656635
So, I could load a shitload of cork rounds, and hold a cork war? Fuck yeah!
>>
>>33656585
>It'd break apart

Areyou sure/

Cork was used in BP shotgun rounds as wads forever and a day
>>
>>33657168
>as wads
Yeah, but OP was asking about an actual round/slug being made out of it.
>>
What if you coated the cork in a tough wax and tried to shoot that?
>>
>>33656577
MDF bullets work... at 50 meters I get the same grouping as winchester white box 9mm fmj, no bullshit.
>>
File: Cork_151.jpg (57KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Cork_151.jpg
57KB, 600x399px
>>33656577
Get taufladermaus to try it.

Make sure you get solid corks like these. Not the corks made of glued together little bits like the cheaper wines use.
>>
File: corks.jpg (91KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
corks.jpg
91KB, 1050x700px
>>33657335
not these.

I'm pretty certain these would come apart.
>>
File: Toy_popgun.jpg (8KB, 546x391px) Image search: [Google]
Toy_popgun.jpg
8KB, 546x391px
>>33656577
Already a thing.
>>
>>33656577
I have heard about a pest removal services which use cork/foam/rubber bullets to take down animals in commercial buildings, like birds and squirrels in shopping malls.

They use rifled barrels in their shotguns. The idea is that the animal gets stunned enough to drop on the floor but doesn't burst to drip blood and shit all over the foodstuff or clothing on sale.

They also use blunt stun tips with bows and arrows. It's pretty bad for reputation if the squirrel gets nailed on the ceiling 30 feet high in the middle of the major mall.
>>
>>33657375
>It's pretty bad for reputation if the squirrel gets nailed on the ceiling 30 feet high in the middle of the major mall.
What if it was in a cabelas?
>>
>>33656577
Where in the fuck can you find an cork bottle stopper with out having to buy some bullshit Whine?
Even then half of those mafks are synthetic.
"Check out the local craft store."
Bullshit, those Hmongs that run the joint will treat you like a retard when you ask for a cork.(rightfully so)
>>
>>33657491
Homebrew supply shops sell bags of corks.
>>
>>33657491
Lots of people bottle their own wine. You can fine fresh corks online on countless websites, or your local homebrew supply store.

Did you even look?
>>
File: parris.jpg (242KB, 799x449px) Image search: [Google]
parris.jpg
242KB, 799x449px
>>33656577
Had one as a kid. it took a paper cap and shot a cork ball about ten feet.
>>
>>33658184
Nope.
Left that part out on purpose.
>>
>>33657362
/thread
>>
>>33657168
Yeah, but the wad doesn't need to stay together when the round goes off.
>>
>>33657491
ebay bro, I just checked and there are bunch of listings for like 12, 50, 100, 200, 500, whatever amount you want
>>
>>33657168
Specifically because they disintegrated when fired but held together long enough to clear the muzzle.

Sooo...yeah. it'd break apart.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.