[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pepper spray, is it a meme? Stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Spicy seasoning.jpg (27KB, 387x257px) Image search: [Google]
Spicy seasoning.jpg
27KB, 387x257px
I have been meaning to put some pepper spray in the center consul of my car for a long time. What is a good brand? What size can should I get, as big as I can fit in the space I have?

The main use being a Road Rage deterrent, I rather pepper spray a fucker that comes up to my widow before I consider running them over.

Yes yes, I know, "A gun". Problem is, I compute between Nj and Pa most days. I can't have a loaded gun in my car for defense.
>>
>>33653191
Just get a cheap brand in a car it's going to degrade fast, have a tire iron or tire beater for back up.
>>
Baseball bat, baseballs and 2 mitts, keep bat with you.
>>
File: 3314137.jpg (1MB, 4588x3059px) Image search: [Google]
3314137.jpg
1MB, 4588x3059px
>>33653191
>>
File: 3314146.jpg (2MB, 5565x3710px) Image search: [Google]
3314146.jpg
2MB, 5565x3710px
>>33653290
>>
File: 2323338.jpg (2MB, 4789x3193px) Image search: [Google]
2323338.jpg
2MB, 4789x3193px
>>33653299
>>
File: oWT5Xig.jpg (602KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
oWT5Xig.jpg
602KB, 1500x1200px
>>33653191
as some one who has actually been OC sprayed for security force reaction team I can tell you it is in the top 5 for pain I have ever felt in my life. it feels like the devil himself pissed in your eyes. mil and LE sprays are more concentrated though. fox labs and first defense are two of the best out here.
>>
>>33653191
Make sure you get a good brand, and check the expiration date. I was pepper sprayed once when I was 14, and while it burned, it never incapacitated me.
>>
>>33653486
>I was pepper sprayed once when I was 14
don't leave us hanging anon
>>
>>33653424
>fox labs and first defense are two of the best out here.

Thank you. I'll look into those. I guess it will be something I'll have to replace every so often, but I'm willing to do that. I'm a very good defensive driver, but there's only so much you can do to get away from someone when stuck in traffic. Not that I drive in a way that makes people road rage, but I can be aggressive.
>>
>>33653523

Not a terribly exciting story.

So, at this time, my parents were doing some basic remodeling of the house, and on this day, we were doing something outdoors. I think we were either replacing the siding on the house, or replacing some boards on our backyard fence. Since all of us were out, we decided to let our dog who lived in the backyard out and let him run about.

So, quick aside: this dog was big. He was mostly black lab, but the vet said he looked to have a bit of great dane, and possibly mastiff in him too. In the winter time, he got up to 115-120 lbs, but in the summer time when this happened, he was probably between 90-100 lbs. Our gate was kinda flimsy, so our goal with keeping it closed wasn't to keep people out, it was to keep him in. We had a slab of wood that fit in a couple slots on the gate, and we propped up a slab of concrete against it that was probably 3 inches thick, and a square foot across. It wasn't that he was dangerous, or mean, it was that he was stupid, and liked to run at full speed all the time.

So, anyways, it was my job to keep an eye on him, and help my parents if they needed me to grab something for them. Normally, he did a pretty good job of staying in the yard. If he got near the road, we could call his name (Apollo, which became more appropriate than we thought when we bought him), and he'd come sprinting back. He was especially obedient to my mom. Well, my mom left to go to Lowe's and pick some stuff up.

And a few minutes after that, one of our neighbors is walking her little dog, and Apollo saw that, and thought he'd go introduce himself. He goes sprinting down the street, I start yelling, and once I realize that he isn't listening, I go chase after him. So, I get down to where he's at, he's jumping up and down all excited, she's got her yapping dog in her arms in one hand, and in the other hand, a little bottle of pepper spray, shooting it at my dog.
>>
>>33653944

I wrap my arms around him, and bring him down the best I can. You'd think that would be the end of it? Well, instead of putting the bottle away, she keeps going, spraying me, and my dog. And for some reason, I'm the one apologizing.
>"I'm so sorry, ma'am."
>"It's okay."
as she said this, I could see, through my squinted eyes, her shaking the bottle to get the last few drops out of it. She panics, and runs back up the street to her house, and I manage to get my dog back to my house, and lock him in the back yard.

I don't remember the pepper spray working right away, but when it did, it burned so bad. There's an apt description that I read somewhere that says, "It feels like having your eyes and lips dipped into a vat of acid, while your face is set next to an open furnace." That's pretty much how it felt. My dad ran a bunch of water over my face and hands, and I remember when my mom got home, they took me to a walk in clinic to make sure there wasn't any damage. When I got home, I took my clothes off, put some cold rags on my hands and face, and laid in bed for the next few hours, not wanting to move a single muscle. Most of it got on my hands and face, but some of it got to my neck, and upper chest.

And my dog was fine. He rubbed his face in the dirt, splashed some water on himself, and was completely fine the next day.

So, yeah. If you want to use pepper spray, make sure you get the kind that incapacitates when you hit them, not five minutes later.
>>
>>33653191
>Pepper spray, is it a meme?

memes are a meme
>>
>>33653191
>Pepper spray, is it a meme?

No it works and I have tried a few versions on myself. even if you know what to expect after about 60 seconds it has a real effect

Stun guns and extensible batons are a meme and worthless.
>>
>>33653953
>>33653953
>I don't remember the pepper spray working right away, but when it did, it burned so bad. There's an apt description that I read somewhere that says, "It feels like having your eyes and lips dipped into a vat of acid, while your face is set next to an open furnace." That's pretty much how it felt.

Its not that bad. Stop being a pussy. Bad alright but not that bad. Worst in the eyes that is the most disabling. On the skin it is quite ok really.
>>
>>33654023
>Its not that bad. Stop being a pussy.
he was 14, the fuck do you expect?
>>
Been sprayed a couple of times.

Hurts like the worst sunburn you had. Only relief is cool air on the skin. Water made it worse as every time it started to dry it burnt again.

It's not world ending pain though.
>>
>>33653191
>I can't have a gun because NJ
Listen nigger I travel to ny state for work all the time. I carry a gun. Fuck nj and ny and their gun laws
>>
>>33655136
I have no interest in getting caught with shit. I enjoy my rights to legally own guns, don't want to lose them. As bad as Nj state laws are, I'll follow them, and enjoy my guns at home and on the range.

I'm moving to Pa eventually, I want to be able to legally have a CC then.
>>
>>33655405
Fuck you you fucking commie nigger.
>>
>>33655421
okay
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.