[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Zealand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

File: 30silverfernblue.jpg (155KB, 1985x993px) Image search: [Google]
30silverfernblue.jpg
155KB, 1985x993px
Any /k/iwis here willing to share their experiences living in their home country?

Been watching some stuff on NZ, immigration, etc. and there's one side saying it's a paradise and welcoming and another saying it sucks and is super racist, only wanting immigrants for poor labor.

Would be nice to hear what natives from NZ have to say about their home country, also relating to /k/ activities such as shooting.
>>
>>33651268
You say "paradise" and "super racist and unwelcoming to immigrants" as if those were opposites.
>>
File: 1437896569398.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1437896569398.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
What info are you after in particular?
>>
Pretty good.
>it's a paradise
That would be accurate if you're talking the south. Up north everyone is highly strung and has a chip on their shoulder about all sorts of shit and then there's Auckland which may as well be its own country. Gun laws are great, not American level and self defense basically doesn't exist, but the best you can hope for generally speaking. Suppressors are unregulated and with the right license you can have p much anything you want.
>it sucks
It really doesn't, but there's a commonly held belief that everything is going to turn to shit for NZ before too long. Our last PM sold ownership of a bunch of primary industries (particularly farms and meat works) to the Chinese, who then fired everyone and imported and accommodated hundreds of Chinese slave workers to replace them. Housing bubble will burst any time now and probably tank the economy. Kiwis as a whole are too politically moderate and non-confrontational do do anything about it, so comparative extremists like Winnie going to be able to intervene and everyone else is in on the scam.
>and is super racist
Depends where you go. Urban centers are leftist as fuck, working class/rural areas are low-key /pol/
>only wanting immigrants for poor labor.
Yep. Our fruit is picked by Guatemalans, our retirement homes are staffed by Flips, etc.
>>
are maoris worse than abos?
>>
File: 1243090687314.jpg (105KB, 960x613px) Image search: [Google]
1243090687314.jpg
105KB, 960x613px
>>33651438
>Gun laws are great
Well, hopefully we stop the new Arms Amendment bill in time or our gun laws are soon gonna be UK-tier.

>>33651444
Any Maori you meet with either be one of the chillest and funniest guys you ever meet, or a brute psychopath who will break your jaw just to steal your shoes.
>>
>>33651444
Australian here. Met plenty of cool Maoris, but I can only think of one Abo I was friends with.
>>
>>33651438
How hard was it getting an e cat?

>>33651456
First time hearing about the arms amendment bill. How likely do you think it will pass.

Also any nzdf in here? How are the new rifles?
>>
>>33651422

Is diversity of goods really that low? Can imagine due to shipping and import costs to have less choice, but how bad is it? How bad is housing? How bad is availability of skilled jobs for foreigners? How many criminal/problem foreigners are there? Is youth really that hard binge drinking and vandalizing? Are rural areas peaceful? Is the nature intact and clean? Can you avoid human caused issues when not living directly in one of the bigger cities? How are land prices? Harbor prices for parking a boat? How about running a business oneself, creating jobs, is that working out better than being employed somewhere? What about medcare, heard it was rather good and affordable.

Just gimme a synopsis of what you are satisfied with and what things are shit, basically.

>>33651438

Good info. As far as I could see, NZ has all different climate aspects, from kinda tropical to alpine, digging that shit. That would be a great factor for me, also gun laws sound nice so far.

I heard foreigners are being fucked with job related even when they're European or American whites, that's something I'd be wary about. Not gonna spend minimum wage working with a qualification for much more.

>>33651456

How /k/ is the general population in NZ? One thing politically that I remember from the Snowden leaks is that NZ was on the documents together with the UK.
>>
>>33651475
>One thing politically that I remember from the Snowden leaks is that NZ was on the documents together with the UK.
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK, and America are all in the Snowden leaks together, because all their spy agencies cooperate with information sharing.
>>
>>33651485

Yeah, good ol' Imperialism going on. Anyways, from what I can see a very nice and diverse environment, a bit off the map but fairly calm and isolated, so not a lot of trouble going on either. If it's /k/ enough could be a nice place to settle and shit, but there's places on the net that warn about this and say it gives you PTSD, no shit.

https://e2nz.org/

Scroll down here and read the PTSD story haha

https://e2nz.org/2017/03/22/migrant-tales-german-expat-says-nz-looks-good-from-the-outside-but-shabby-on-the-inside/
>>
>>33651474
It's not impossible to get an e cat. Easiest way to get one would to be a member of a pistol club and do 3-gun etc. That way you can get your b cat (pistol licence) at same time. Only hard part right now is that they have fucked the regulations around endorsed safes so there are very few to choose from. I'm fucked at the moment as the safe I bought 9 months ago which was endorsed is no longer, so I have to either fork out ~1kNZD to get a new one or wait for mine to get re-endorsed.

I'm not nzdf but the new rifles look on paper very good. They are full ambi and are super modular even for an AR. Can quick change barrel etc and the upper is one piece with the forend/rail. Pretty interesting.

>>33651475
In regards to gun parts it can be relatively hard to get what you want due to the small market but there are a few retail outlets doing good things and trying to get more choice here.
>>
File: 1437134174558.jpg (55KB, 498x489px) Image search: [Google]
1437134174558.jpg
55KB, 498x489px
>>33651474
E-cat isn't too bad, just need a 'genuine reason', a $1000+ safe, and someone with a license willing to be a reference for you.

The new arms amendment bill is the brainfart of Labour, National and the Greens, with only NZFirst trying to shoot it down.
Its full of bullshit like universal registration, individual permits for every firearm and ammo purchase, giving police power to change firearm definitions as they see fit, and shifting all semis into an E-cat type classification, among other things such as import bans and giving police the ability to check on your gunsafe 24/7.

With support from both major parties its looking scarily possible it may get through...
>>
>>33651494
>Its full of bullshit like universal registration, individual permits for every firearm and ammo purchase, giving police power to change firearm definitions as they see fit, and shifting all semis into an E-cat type classification, among other things such as import bans and giving police the ability to check on your gunsafe 24/7.

Stop stealing German gun laws, yo.
>>
>>33651502
>German gun laws
Got nothing on Australian gun laws, you bunch of baby-killers.
>>
File: cannabalism.jpg (31KB, 460x343px) Image search: [Google]
cannabalism.jpg
31KB, 460x343px
>>33651475
Cost of groceries is pretty high compared to places overseas, we pay through the nose for alcohol and cigarettes compared to Europe for example.

You can import most things at pretty high cost, just make sure you have a permit if required as our customs service are ruthless and will hold anything that makes them slightly suspicious.

They once held a scope I had ordered in and made me come in, verify what it was, and then phoned police to make sure I was allowed it, before charging me an import tax on it for the trouble.

Purchasing a house is prohibitively expensive on a NZ wage, and theres not many high paying jobs out in the sticks where the housing is cheaper.

Theres plenty of nature to enjoy in the south island, and quite a bit of it you can shoot on if you don't mind walking up mountains for a few hours.

Public health is shit unless you have something life threatening, otherwise look forward to being on a waiting list for months.

Our crime rate is relatively low outside of Auckland, though at the moment with the arms amendment bill being backed by the NZ police, the media are reporting every little thing any gun owner does wrong, like farting in church, or looking at a girls bare ankle.
>>
>>33651494

Where can I oppose this bill?

They can get fucked anyway, if they tell me I have to get rid of all my semi-autos I'm just going to say I sold them all.
>>
>>33651527

Can you legally make your own beer and shit? Did some hobby brewing with mead and would be able to make some DIY brews for trade, if legal to do so.

Don't drink or smoke myself, so idgaf really.

I'd save up the money before buying anything there, but I feared the wages there are crap.

Hiking and moving in the outdoors are no issue, that's what it's about actually.

What about private health insurance, how expensive is it relatively speaking?

I read about robberies with guns on that site, yeah. Sounded bollocks to me, as individual cases are just part of regular crime statistics. Of course they're going to over-dramatize whatever they can find.
>>
File: kiwidrinkin.jpg (21KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
kiwidrinkin.jpg
21KB, 300x381px
>>33651541
There are a few groups of Facebook trying to rally the shooting clubs together, try Firearm Owners United NZ.

And thats the opinion of a lot of people Ive talked to, this is just gonna create a glut of cheap semi-autos for the black market, since our govt is too shitty to offer buybacks or compensation, but I'm sure the gangs will have plenty of meth money to buy up the surplus..
>>
>>33651550
>Can you legally make your own beer and shit?
Is that even illegal in any country?

I've heard of spirits being illegal or restricted, sometimes wine, but not beer.
>>
>>33651268
Hey mate, were a melting pot so most races are welcomed with relatively wide arms in the cities, rural nz is a little less welcoming if you arent nz European or Maori, but still pretty fucking good internationally. Guns are easy to get and shooting and hunting are both massively ingrained in rural culture as well as fishing. Pistol and MSSA clubs are easy to go to and participate in unless your a fucking weird cunt. Im a School teacher at a rural school in a medium town and take students trap shooting and attend the local pistol club 1-2 times a week.
>>
>>33651550

Home brewing anything is legal and in fact Wellington has one of the best craft beer industries in the world
>>
>>33651557
NZ is one of the only countries with no regulations on making your own spirits. Your free to moonshine as hard as you want
>>
>>33651557
>Is that even illegal in any country?

Scandinavia does give you shit for that, yes. Because astronomical liquor prices, lots of binge drinking, suicides, especially during the dark phases of the year in the northern parts.

>>33651560

Cool stuff. Yeah, accessible recreational shooting would be a big factor, won't move or work somewhere even more restricted than here.

>>33651561

Good to hear. Would definitely set up some batches to trade with people for shit to avoid spending too much money when living more rural.
>>
File: 1342617442760.jpg (21KB, 318x446px) Image search: [Google]
1342617442760.jpg
21KB, 318x446px
>>33651550
Brewing and distilling are completely legal here, but you'll need a license if you want to sell your product.

Private health insurance isn't too pricey, but theres usually a 1-year stand down period and no cover for pre-existing conditions.

And the robberies at the moment have been ridiculous, and are more a testament to the police incompetence than an indication of high crime rate.
They reckon the same guy with a sawn-off shotgun has held up something like 8 pubs and stores over the last 6 months, of course, each incident is a 'gun crime' that fuels police statistics.

To be fair, crime has been on the rise in Chch due to poor govt response after the earthquakes, police looting of the CBD, destroyed housing market and rent price gouging, and denial of any problems from parliament,followed by cutting funding to public health services..
>>
>>33651586

Probably wouldn't bother selling it for cash, just swapping some jugs with your neighbors. One good thing about brewing is that after setting that stuff up you just have to wait, which is practically zero labor.

Sounds good on the insurance, being a young healthy dude.

I read about the robberies a bit, the town is being nicknamed "Crimechurch" lel. Something about 10 incidents in 8 weeks, though that was murder related even I think. Don't remember the exact details.

It'd be really great to get some plot in nature, build some type of house there (block house, earthship, something like that) and be able to live and work there.
>>
File: nurmnurm.jpg (164KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
nurmnurm.jpg
164KB, 550x413px
>>33651597
There is a bit of bitterness about foreign investors buying properties here, as they often lack the community-mindedness of the small town folks.

There are lots of issues of people shutting off private road access to public areas just because they don't like the idea of people driving over their land, which causes those people to get bitter, and if the issue isn't resolved or the person refuses to negotiate, it can get quite nasty, with things like cut gates being the mild end of the spectrum.

Just something to be aware of.
>>
>>33651614

Wouldn't do that. Just want some place to have a semi-outdoor lifestyle, some gardening going on, growing shit and crafting stuff. An outdoor man cave basically. As long as they don't litter my place up people can come there, drive through it, come and talk, no issue.
>>
Mh, what else... from what I saw there's a lot of boating in NZ, anyone here owning a boat and can tell me about the local marinas? Would be interesting to know about prices, services, laws, etc. Could imagine living on a boat for the first time, also not settling down too quickly and saving money.
>>
File: saythattomyface.jpg (16KB, 270x217px) Image search: [Google]
saythattomyface.jpg
16KB, 270x217px
>>33651673
Nah mate, forget the boat and buy a tank.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/skoda/auction-890528354.htm
>>
>>33651744

>armbird kiwi

Damn, should've made that your new mascot, lol.

Seriously though, could get my own boat before even going to NZ and live off it, being mobile (2 islands and such), maybe even running some business on the side taking people out places.

Can't do any real shit with a tank, high maintenance, fuck using it in the mountains or overgrown areas.
>>
>>33651268

NZ outdoors are incredibly well marketed outside NZ. There are plenty of spots (mostly in the south island) that are as amazing as all that stock footage out there but most of it is kinda shitty.

The north island has litter everywhere in bush walks and shit and tourists haven't been following the guidelines for washing boots and the native trees around auckland are dying of a fungus that got spread around.

The rivers have turned to absolute pus in the last decade due to the governments jacking off the farming industry and failing to put laws in place about waste. And the bubble they created has been popping over the past 2 years or so.

Look at NZ from google maps and you'll see the light green is endless farmland. The dark green is native bush. It's about 20% left. Fucking heartbreaking desu, spesh when you look and see that north america, south america, asia, russia, india, europe and most of africa are the same. Light green vs dark green on google earth/maps, go do it.

Gun laws are ok, a few dumb things like the stocks on semi autos have to be thumbhole (like it makes a difference to functionaliy.) This arms amendment bill might be about to make ownership and acquisition a really big stupid hassle for everyone who obeys the law. It would be a real victory for reason if it fails, it's seriously fucked up.

TLDR:
Outdoors are epic but take tourism industry ads with a grain of salt. Firearms ownership is either decent or pretty fucking lame, we don't know
>>
>>33651268

Don't come here if you're all like 'that looks like a nice place to get away from it all, its all green and out of all that international shit"

We have enough foreigners eyeballing us like a fatty eyeballing a donut. Don't come here and get in the way of everyone who was born here. If you're unhappy in you're own place, find a different place in your own country. There's not enough room for all the rich entitled fucks from the whole planet to come and chill. Fuck off, you're not welcome.
>>
>>33651777

Trips checked, thanks for the info. Hope that shit get's fixed, yo.

>>33651792

Y-you too, anon.
>>
File: westisland.gif (3KB, 223x229px) Image search: [Google]
westisland.gif
3KB, 223x229px
>>33651792
t. West Islander
>>
File: contitution2.jpg (114KB, 500x174px) Image search: [Google]
contitution2.jpg
114KB, 500x174px
>>33651824
t. Constitutionally mandated state of Australia
>>
File: 20160116_171754.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160116_171754.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>33651777
Some places in the north island can be good
>>
>>33652765

Please dump more pictures of NZ you made.
>>
File: IMG_0277.jpg (3MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0277.jpg
3MB, 5184x3456px
>>33652765
I see your 'good' picture of the north island and raise you a mundane picture of the south island that I took.
>>
As an American tourist who spent a week in NZ, I have to say there are too many damn Chinese, booze costs twice as much, and food is expensive. It's a great place, stunningly beautiful, and New Zealanders are really nice people; but I think it's currently being ruined by the rest of the world.
>>
>>33655182

This is what fascinates me about NZ, it's like a warmer version of Scandinavia.

>>33655211

Chinese can be annoying, yeah. Booze meh, I'd make my own and trade it for foodstuffs from farmers.
>>
>>33651438
>It really doesn't, but there's a commonly held belief that everything is going to turn to shit for NZ before too long.

feels exactly like Canada ayy
>>
>>33651560
nathan desu
>>
honestly auckland is fucked

the waterways are fucked

too many asians

center right govt will sell all of our grandmas to the chinks and everyone else is bloody useless

vote winnie, dont litter, and dont take your dog to auckland
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.