[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about celebrating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3324.jpg (118KB, 750x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3324.jpg
118KB, 750x463px
Moving to new apartment that's a bit more affordable to put money towards more fun-funds and gear (quality scope)

Now, would be buying things after I get settled but I want to get into the AR game. Priced out a decent 20" build for my second AR (with glass scope)

But then I heard that Aug makes a 20" heavy barrel for their rifles.

So I ask the /k-ollective what you think would be more fun to have, the 20" Ar build, or a 20" aug with bipod on barrel and still have the 16 inch barrel as a spare?"

Pic related 20" AUG
>>
>>33651071
I can only tell you about the AUG, as former australian military fag.

Id go with the AR to be honest. Its a more complete platform. The AUG is a fun weapon to shoot, but its main strength is its handiness with a full length barrel.
>>
File: 20170308_223045.jpg (4MB, 2260x1802px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_223045.jpg
4MB, 2260x1802px
>>33651071
Civilian AUG owner here, the AR is going to have so many more options for customization compared to the AUG, not to mention the magazines for the thing are proprietary, unless you get the NATO stock. 20" AUG is pure sex though, and the barrel change takes literally like 5 seconds

>>33651091
What were some of the things you liked and disliked the most about the AUG?
>>
File: 1483897380560.jpg (113KB, 1024x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1483897380560.jpg
113KB, 1024x1001px
>>33651071
>Moving to new apartment that's a bit more affordable
Expect a rent hike after six months.
If it's just going to be a derp rifle go with whatever you think is cooler.
An Aug is definitely cooler though. 20" ARs are available whenever you want one. Unless you hilariously overspend you can just sell it whenever and buy an AR if you hate it. Try it before you buy it if you can even if you have to pay for ammo. It's kind of a subjective decision, no?
>>
>>33651135
Two year lease under $900 a month

1200 square foot studio living room and kitchen, and a half bath on the ground floor. Bedroom and full bath upstairs.

Lease papers air-right this was a total steal. Now only challenge is to find a gun friendly girlfriend and find myself a social life outside of work.
>>
>>33651131
The AUS Military AUGs (f88s) had lighter barrels, so couldn't handle more than a few mags of full auto without heating problems.

As far as a service rifle goes, they are pretty good, especially the newer ones. Really light and handy. As you mentioned, barrel change is extremely easy so is maintenance and cleaning.

They get a bad rap from civilian owners that say they are harder to clear a malfunction, but i couldn't disagree more. Just spend a bit of time with them and they will be as easy as any other rifle to clear.

If i had a choice to own a semi-auto AUG or a AR equivalent, id go the AR, purely because there is a million different options for customization, whereas the majority of the parts for an AUG will be Steyr proprietary.

Tl:dr the strengths of the AUG are that it is are shorter, lighter and handier in stock config (16" barrel). If you are going to be running a 20" barrel, the main advantage of the bullpup design is lost.
>>
File: QQ截图20170414234214.jpg (46KB, 731x700px) Image search: [Google]
QQ截图20170414234214.jpg
46KB, 731x700px
op, you already got an AR. So second rifle, you should go for AUG no doubt. A 20" m16 build just look cool.
>>
>>33651156
why not grab a cheap 300$ shotgun and a 300$ mp 9, and you can go on to play 3 guns. If you can find some 2 gun match, that would be even better.
>>
>>33651564
Yeah...op here

Fuck the mp9

Beretta 92 owner, I can't stand the mp line handguns, would rather suckstart a glock 32.
My AR is an anvil arms lower before they went under, and a carbine parts kit.
>>
>>33651156

i had a place like that and i loved it. the only shitty thing was there werent enough kitchen cabinets.

>get a raise
>move in $1700/mo apartment
>realize this is cutting into my gun fund
>move when lease is up into $1300/mo apartment
>get another raise

feels good, f a m
>>
>>33651071
that's a 720mm barrel
which is 28 inches
not 20
>>
>>33651559
ATOMIC PENETRATION
RAPID FIRE THROUGH YOUR SKULL
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.