[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger BX-25 mag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5079.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5079.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I bought a BX-25 magazine for my 10/22 a couple of weeks ago and ran 25 rounds through it. I wanted to use it for hunting but it kept getting in the way, just sticks out to far and gets hung up on stuff. Today I was sighting in my rifle and used the mag. Stupid thing wouldn't feed from the start. I could see the bullet hitting the little ramp on the metal part of the mag and it was just sloppy in general. I took it apart and the spring and the looseness of the way it feeds is retarded. First thing I did was google and it appears to be an issue.

This is the first time I have had a 10/22 fail to feed and I own 2 of them. The stock mags work great. Now I'm not sure if it's worth trying to fix or throw it away.
>>
File: BX25 mag.webm (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
BX25 mag.webm
3MB, 740x416px
This is what it is doing. It's way to sloppy and I'm wondering if I just got a bad one. They are built like a tank but I don't want a tank that doesn't work.
>>
I honestly don't know, because I only have the 10 round magazine.
>>
bx 25 likes dry lube.
>>
Maybe it's not putting enough pressure on the bullet in order for it to chamber the round?

Also only use round bullets, some hollow points with flat bullets will jam it.
>>
File: IMG_5080.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5080.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33650832
Those were the ones I always used. I sure did pick the wrong week to quit drinking bad beer.
>>
>>33650821
I wonder what would happen if you put a quarter inch thick plastic plate I'm just under that. Might spread out the spring more evenly
>>
>>33650856
>muh hops
IPA's need to fucking stop.
>>
>>33650843
>Maybe it's not putting enough pressure on the bullet in order for it to chamber the round?
That's exactly what it's doing.
>>33650859
I'm thinking the little red donut thing has the red stud so sloppy in it. Almost wondering if wrapping the stud with tape to take some slop out would do it.
>>33650865
It's so tasty and it's 8.5%
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4rSR3NGCM
>>
>>33650865
FUCK YOU ,you swill drinking cunt.
Hops are delicious , go back to drinking the backwash anal juice you call lager.
>>
>>33650835
seriously ive had this problem
tried grease tried shimming tried throwing at stuff and cursing at it
dumped some graphite in it and its hunky dory ever since
>>
>>33650893
I think this guy has a different issue. Mine goes in just fine. But I actually have a bunch of springs from another project I was doing and might try this but not the grinding part.

>>33650902
It slides fine though. It gets cocked and leans forward and down because of the slop. Then the bullet won't feed.
>>
>>33650967
I know why do you think i tried throwing it and cursing at it in multiple languages?
just clean out any oil and try some dry lube what could it hurt?
>>
>>33650992
>try some dry lube what could it hurt?
It won't hurt anything and I have dry lube but it's brand new and so loose. I'll give it a try and see.
>>
>>33651039
Its supposed to be loose
shimming just seized it up when i tried it.
>>
>>33650807
An easy mod that fixes the feeding issue for a lot of people is putting a filed down spent .22 cartridge in the red hole. it fits perfectly around the pin that holds the follower in and takes away all the slack.
>>
>>33651109
What? The donut and pin?
>>
>>33650807
Really? I remember when BX-25's were like the best hi-cap 10/22 mag. Never had an issue with mine.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.