[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ Recommended Concealed Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0769.jpg (512KB, 900x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0769.jpg
512KB, 900x628px
Just got my concealed carry permit and have been doing quite a bit of research on what's the best CCH piece.

Have limited experience with hand guns but a lot of experience with the AR platform.

Right now I'm leaning towards the LC9s. Any thoughts? Good pick or something better?

Money wise I'm able to spend upwards of $800.

Pic related an LC9s
>>
>>33649641
With that budget, you can pretty much get anything compact/subcompact. I'd recommend going to a range that rents and trying a few out. I personally like the MP shield, even though I fucking hate the full size MP. I don't think Ruger's CCW oriented guns are all that great, maybe except for the LCP, but that's only because of the tiny size, and bang for your buck.
>>
File: 1330843314261.jpg (111KB, 434x500px) Image search: [Google]
1330843314261.jpg
111KB, 434x500px
>>33649641
Honestly, think of your conceal carry collection as a tool box. Sometimes a J-Frame 38 in a pocket is best, sometimes a .45 single stack on your belt is best, and sometimes a double-stack 9mm on you is best.

I had some Ruger conceal guns, LCP and LC380, and had problems with both.
I'd look more at buying a Smith and Wesson 38 snub and a Shield in 45 or 9mm.
An XDS in 9 or 45.
A Glock 43 or 36.
First look for a good single stack that carries well on you like a Shield, XDS, or Single Stack Glock. Most of these work well for CCW and usually have extended mags that can work for home defense until you get something bigger. I'd stick with 9mm or .45 in this group.
Then find a good pocket gun, something you can throw in your pocket easily for short trips to the mail box, local 7-11, etc.. Usually snub 38s and small 380s work best.
Find a good full sized gun for home defense. Really doesn't matter if it is 9, 40, or 45. They all work well.
Then finally get a good double stack compact in 9/40/45. This usually ends up being a good winter conceal carry.

I generally stick with .38 snubs for pocket carry because it doesn't jam like the pocket autos I tried.
I generally stick with .45 for conceal carry because I usually have spare mags on me and I like its performance.
I generally stick with 9mm guns for home defense, because I may not remember to grab a spare mag when something goes bump in the night and have 20 rounds of 9mm on tap is comforting.

After a while, you'll start carrying based on the threats of that area. If you are going to a really safe place, you'll prob take the pocket or single stack. Going to a really bad place, you'll prob take the compact double stack and take the pocket gun. Again, they are tools, treat them as such.
>>
>>33650006
What I did for a while, and what I think works out pretty well, is to get a g26 for summer, and get a g19 mag and sleeve to make it into a makeshift g19. The only major thing you lose is the rail to mount a light, but I think that the versatility is worth it.
>>
I'm also a rifle guy looking to get a carry gun. I prefer da/sa, and right now I've been looking into the px4 compact and pcr.

I don't really like the ideal of sub compact personally, but then again I've never shot any.
>>
>>33649641
P30sk, vp9sk, p2ksk, p2k, used hk45c.
I'm partial to HKs. They are expensive initially but require less maintenance than glocks and are reliable and safe with many trigger options for hammer guns. Plus, they're not ugly.
>>
>>33649641
great CCW but not good if you have big hands
>>
File: 1464723813383.jpg (1MB, 1950x2504px) Image search: [Google]
1464723813383.jpg
1MB, 1950x2504px
>>33650189
berreta handguns are a meme. anyone who says different is a pastraminigger.

i couldent find my infograph of /k/ approved ccw, so here have this giant opinion.
personally id recommend sig, glock, walther and HK. just read reveiws on their pistolas mi amigo.

i carry a glock 19 and 43. i know everyone hates them because "muh glock meme" and "muh unasthetic" but honestly it shoots, i like it, but would trade my 43 for a walther ppq, they feel soooo nice in my hand.
>>
>>33649641
Glock 19, and before someone calls me a glock fanboy I carry a p-07.
>>
I cc a Glock 43 and it's great. Shoots good, goes bang every time, and comfortable to carry for hours.
>>
>>33649641
The LC9s and LC9s Pro get a lot of love. Personally, I'm not crazy about Rugers, but that's mostly because of F&F issues I've had with them. On average, they tend to be reliable guns with decent triggers.

There are lots of CCW options on the market, and they generally fall into four major categories: micro compact (Ruger LCP II size), slim subcompact (Glock 43 size), double stack subcompact (Glock 26 size) and small revolvers (S&W J frame size). As an alternative, you could also carry a full size pistol (Glock 17 size) or a "compact" full size pistol (Glock 19 size), but you'll be putting more work into dressing around the gun. Also, please excuse the fact that I'm using Glocks for size comparisons, it's just easier that way.

In general, you're going to find a micro compact to be the easiest to carry, but harder to shoot - due to both recoil and smaller sights - and generally chambered in smaller calibers. At the larger end of this size class, you'll find the Sig P938 in 9mm, which has a pretty good trigger, is reliable, comes with high profile sights. At the smaller end are things like the Seecamp .380 and Ruger LCP II, which are very snappy guns despite being chambered in .380.

The next step up is the slim subcompact - guns like the S&W Shield, Walther PPSM2, Glock 43 and Ruger LC9 fit into this category. These are bigger than micro compacts and have the same grip length as bigger guns, but are just slimmer, so while the feel is intended to mimic a large gun, they are still going to have small grips in the hand and be a little snappier to shoot.

Double stack subcompacts shoot the most like a large gun (easiest), but are also quite a bit thicker than other CCW's. The Glock 26 is very popular, but some people would find even this to be too big for daily carry.

Small revolvers have their place, but tend to be hard to shoot, low capacity and slow to reload. Unless you are too retarded to operate a semi-auto, just get a semi-auto.
>>
>>33650006
>Honestly, think of your conceal carry collection as a tool box. Sometimes a J-Frame 38 in a pocket is best, sometimes a .45 single stack on your belt is best, and sometimes a double-stack 9mm on you is best.

I used to think like that when I first started carrying and if you want to put the effort in, then more power to you, but the problem with this is that when the moment comes for you to actually use your CCW, if you've been constantly swapping out your carry gun, you might forget which one you're carrying and mistakenly pull the trigger with the safety on. It's just not the smartest strategy.
>>
>>33650556
>The Glock 26 is very popular, but some people would find even this to be too big for daily carry.

The average Glawk is usually around 1.20 inches in thickness. Unless you're pocket carrying that shit, that one-fifth of an inch in width shouldn't be a concern at all for double-stack carry if you get a holster that's worth its name in quality and you're not a hungry skelly.

I usually have three guns on CC rotation, one of them being a G19 in a Hidden Hybrid, and it fits and feels better than the single-stack Shield I had at one point in time.
>>
>>33650567
Glock - no safety
Snub - no safety
XDS - no safety
Shield - no safety (unless you buy faggot model)
LCP - no safety
Your argument makes no sense unless you CHOOSE to have no safety.
>>
A beretta nano
>>
>>33650805
>LC9
>no safety

Nigger what?

They have manual safeties besides the trigger safety on them which you can manually switch it on or off.

There are some at the pawnshop that has this.
>>
>>33650006
>shield in 45 or 9
But not 40? Whys this?
>>
>>33650840
you need to get your eyes checked
>>
>>33650887
I was at the store and the LC9 had a small manual safety on the back end of the left side.

You can't compare that to glocks.

>pic related proves your wrong.
>>
>>33650710
It makes a lot more of a difference than you'd think for concealment and for comfort. Why do you think single stack pistols are so popular?
>>
>>33650805
>Glock - no safety
Points differently from all the other guns. Like I said, if you want to put the time in and master point shooting with many different guns that point differently, more power to you, but if you don't, you might find yourself shooting low or high, depending on what guns you train with the most and are shooting at any given moment.
>Snub - no safety
Totally different trigger from all the other guns - you're likely to short stroke it if you try to shoot it like a semi-auto.
>XDS - no safety
>Shield - no safety (unless you buy faggot model)
Why would you want to rotate between a Shield and an XDs anyway? Aren't they basically the same kind of gun made to fit the same niche?
>LCP - no safety
Again, different trigger than the others, and takes a different grip than the others.

It sounds like you just like to complicate your life for the sake of making things complicated.
>>
>>33650929

I've owned and CCed both types for a couple months, and there's hardly any difference at all to me. I'd rather have that extra bit of capacity on hand, with a minor trade off for giving up 1/5th of an inch on my pants' waistline.
>>
>>33650876
Not him, but The Shield in .40 is not easy to handle. The sides of the grip are kind of slick and the recoil is stout enough that the gun is prone to coming a bit loose from your grip, making you regrip the gun between shots. I suspect the .45 has the same issue, but I haven't shot that one.
>>
>>33650909
The post you replied to didn't mention the LC9, you dope.
>>
>>33650962
Just because the difference doesn't matter to YOU doesn't mean that the difference doesn't matter to other people. Please think back to your aspergers therapy sessions and recall what your councilor said about experiencing empathy. I don't want to waste a bunch of time arguing with you over such petty shit on /k/.
>>
>>33650953
OMG pull a gun, pull the trigger and it goes off.
Soooo complicated.
>>
>>33650983

You mention autism like it's a hurtful insult here, yet you sperg out about my anecdote. I'm not stopping anyone from carrying a single or double stack pistol, I'm just providing another perspective on the subject, you temperamental tard.
>>
>>33650988
When you go to the shooting range and fire at a bullseye target from 7 yards, what percentage of shots are you able to get on the paper? Of the shots you get on paper, how big is your grouping - from the widest flyer on one side of the target to the widest flyer on the other side of the target - when you're aiming at the center of the bullseye?

I strongly suspect that you aren't the best shot, even under ideal situations, if you think that shooting is as simple as "pull a gun, pull the trigger and it goes off." Do you even own any firearms?
>>
>>33651017
>disagreeing is the same as having an autistic shitfit
Stop projecting.
>>
>>33650988
You haven't actually put any thought into this, have you?
>>
The LC9 is a decent carry gun. It tucks nicely, and it has good sights. However, it has a Double-Action Only trigger which can be bothersome to people who haven't been trained to use it. The Springfield XDS offers similar concealment while not having to deal with a Double-Action trigger. Just some food for though. Granted, the LC9 isn't bad: Take whatever you have the best deal on. It's just that Double-Action is a bitch.
>>
File: winning smile.jpg (94KB, 769x789px) Image search: [Google]
winning smile.jpg
94KB, 769x789px
>>33651023

I don't think you know what that word means. You were also the one to chimp out first.

Go soak your head faggot.
>>
>>33651047
OP is talking about the LC9s, which has a crisp striker-fired trigger. Get with the times, gramps. Ruger upped their game on this gun a few years ago.
>>
File: projecting.png (19KB, 807x234px) Image search: [Google]
projecting.png
19KB, 807x234px
>>33651050
>when I disagree with you, I'm just providing another perspective
>when you disagree with me, you're "sperging out"
>>
>>33651070

That has absolutely no context here, just as you posted. I think you're lost in your own train of thought.
>>
>>33651117
Are you in denial about your condition?
>>
>>33651159

Yeah sure, so long as you fuck off and stop derailing the thread ;-)
>>
File: 1488946074364.jpg (39KB, 350x708px) Image search: [Google]
1488946074364.jpg
39KB, 350x708px
>>33651204
>make a quality contribution to the thread
>somebody (you) thinks that a Glock 26 is JUST FINE and there's no reason why anybody would ever want to carry a single stack, despite the fact that tens of millions of these guns are made every year
>original contributor (me) follows up to elaborate
>STOP DERAILING THE THREAD FAGET

Just fuck off. Nobody likes people like you.
>>
File: 1481048775209.jpg (54KB, 669x471px) Image search: [Google]
1481048775209.jpg
54KB, 669x471px
has anyone tried out the LCP 2? I know it sorta recently came out and it felt pretty snug in the hand, in comparison with the original LCP, but didnt know if some of the gimmick features made it a better deal than the 1 or other options
>>
>>33651250

Your post is so delusional it's entertaining. Nowhere in >>33650710 did I decry single-stacks; with a good holster like a Crossbreed or you can mitigate the "bulkiness" of a gun that can use a double digit capacity. A few posts later you follow up with >>33650962 and break the civility our discussion had.

The way you spin stories like your greentext adventure there to make yourself out to be some paragon just shows how fucking silly you really are. I call you out on your buzzword shitpost and you sidestep hard. There is nothing benefiting this thread by replying to our series of posts anymore. Please stop replying and fuck off already.

>>33651288
I tried one. It feels nice in the hand with the added weight and dimensions, and the trigger is a very big improvement to the LCP (I own the gen 1). They're both very nice pocket guns for the price. LCP 2 also locks back on last round, but you can buy custom followers for the LCP 1 if that's a factor for you.
>>
>>33651316

Meant to quote >>33650983
>>
>>33651316
Keep projecting.
>>
Go to LGS and feel the grip and try the trigger of the Glock 43, Kahr PM9, S&W Shield 9, and Ruger 9S. All four about the same size and weight. Only real difference is the thickness, grip angle and trigger pull. I think the Kahr might be the lightest at 14 oz empty but not sure. I carry a Kahr PM9 because the other 3 weren't available when I bought it. I just bought the Shield because why not at $259 after rebate. I like the feel but have not shot it yet. Kahr has always performed excellent.
>>
>>33650567
thats why most people have a medium and a compact of the same maker.
>>
>>33650369
>sig, glock, walther and HK
America loses once again
>>
There are two guns I can recommend, both S&W.

The shield and 360PD.
Shield has more rounds, but heavier.
360PD has less but it's very light.
>>
>>33650189
The PX4 Storm is actually pretty decent pistol, but you’re right in not getting it in subcompact it's literally not the same gun as the compact and full-size PX4.
I tried it out for the first time at a local gun range a couple of days ago and I was thoroughly not impressed with the DA but the SA trigger was ok.
The pistol was very accurate and I shot very well which is saying a lot for me.
And you can generally find them for a decent price somewhere around $500 +/- some.

Also you're not going to go wrong with buying a Glock brand Glock or a Sig/HK/Walther/S&W brand Glock, they're all almost exactly the same gun and you should get whichever one fits in your hand right and that you shoot well.
>>
>>33654010
>actually recommending someone a 360PD
You are fucking nuts. Do you want OP to break his hand?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.