[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SVT-40 and Chinese ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6749.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6749.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone else have problems with Chinese ammo in an
Svt-40?
I consistantly get light primer strikes, for 1/5 rounds on average.

Is it a worn out hammer spring, or does Chinese 54r just have hard primers .
>>
The easiest and cheapest thing was to find out is change ammo. If you're getting failures that often you should notice within a few rounds of any other brand of ammo. If you still get light strikes on one or two different brands, then it's the spring.
>>
>>33648535
Do you have any experience with Chinese milsurp ammo?

Just curious, because I've heard more than one person say the ammo is know for hard primers, and has had a similar experience with an svt
>>
Gas setting 1.5 on mine works perfectly so it has to be your springs.
>>
>>33649169
Interesting

I can't seem to find a place to order the hammer spring from
I'm probably going to just experiment with random springs until I find something that works
>>
>>33648496
Check your bolt and firing pin, it could be full of crud. My SVT-40s (early, late, both arsenals) don't have trouble with harder military primers.
>>
>>33649169
>>33649759
Okay I'm pretty sure it's the spring, as I've meticulously cleaned the gun when I first bought it.
Anyone know a good source for a replacement spring
>>
>>33649937
Just to check, you have taken the firing pin out of the bolt and cleaned out the channel and everything right?

How far does the firing pin protrude when you push it (when it's installed)?
>>
File: IMG_7483.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7483.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>33650027
Yes

Pic related
>>
>>33650136
That is a fairly healthy protrusion, nothing wrong there. Any binding when you push it in and out?
>>
>>33650156
None at all
>>
>>33650172
Now for the trigger bits, if you slowly lower and drop the hammer, how much force is there?
>>
>>33650172
Its the ammo trust me, Chinese 54r is the worst, but unfortunately itshe the most available, you might be able to find bulgarian stuff in spam cans but I havent seen any for a while
>>
>>33650184
I don't really know what to compare it to

It feels 15-20% less than the spring force on the sks trigger assembly
>>
>>33650197
If that's the case then that's kind of dissapointing. I just bought it recently as a piece of history and an interesting plinking rifle. Literally all 54r I've seen in Vancouver area gun stores is Chinese light ball, or Barnaul new production heavy ball
>>
>>33650225
Probably try different ammo before throwing money at it to be honest, SVT-40 hammer springs aren't that hard. I generally just shoot S&B steel case, it's not corrosive and shoots well in all my SVT-40s.
>>
>>33650261
>S&B
I mean Barnaul

derp

Yeah barnaul is gud and not too expensive.
>>
>>33650269
I've heard that the heavier stuff is really hard on the gun. Is it true ?
>>
>>33650292
Turn the gas down.

Put it at 1.1, if it doesn't cycle, go up a notch. If it just barely cycles and has malfunctions, you're almost there, only go up one more setting.

Barnaul runs in most my guns fine at 1.3, while civilian soft points require 1.5.
>>
>>33650197
What even happened to all the Russian/Eastern European surplus.
Is it from all the stupid sanctions
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.