[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ask a anon who had a makarov malf and nd into a wall and then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 184x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 184x174px
at least i found out it was defective this way, loaded it, was about to decock it and set it into it's holster and i flip the safety up to decock and Bang! luckily i had it pointed in a safe direction, still poked a hole trough the wall, a sobering experience. i know it malfed because the safety was on and it did not cycle a round
>>
>malfunction
>ND
It's one or the other
>>
Let me guess, it's a .380?
>>
>>33647709

well it went off because of the decocker sear is apparently bad, not that i really want to fuck with it right now and check and see
>>
>>33647717

no it's a Bulgarian 9x18 hammer and sear had some wear but i thought nothing of it
>>
>>33647742

Were you pointing the muzzle skyward when you decocked it?
>>
>>33647799
no into the ground, i live in a 1 story house no it was a pretty safe place to have it
>>
>>33647817

Could be the sear then, Maks can ND when decocked with the muzzle pointing skyward because the firing pin will hang out enough to be hit by the hammer. This is a more common issue with .380 maks because 9x18 is typically Russian-made and thus has harder primers.
>>
I just had a ND happen a few hours ago. I just bought snap caps and was messing around with them. I stupidly had live rounds on the same table. I take out the snap caps from the mag and put in the live rounds so I can put the gun up. Like I had been mindlessly doing for the past hour, I racked the slide and pulled the trigger. The round went through my hoodie on the chair, through the open air of the kitchen and dining room, only hitting the window and blinds. It went low into the bushes and might have hit the driveway. I immedantly went across the street to the neighbors house to see if they were ok. They were. My neighbor thought it was funny.

The worst thing is, I am usally a saftey nazi. I religously check and double check any gun handed to me. I feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.
>>
>>33648484
damn, well at least i know i'm not the only one, felt like total shit for decocking it with a loaded chamber
>>
>>33650484
That's what you get for using slav shit. Modern guns have hammer catch AND firing pin block.
>>
>>33647699
OP you still in the thread?
>>
>>33648484
>>33650484

You both are fucking idiots.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.