/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CC gun XDS vs G43

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Which of these guns is better for CC? I'm split 50/50 on it and need some opinions from people who own them.

Not a big fan of the shield after shooting it, so that pretty much leaves these two right? Or are there other contenders I should look into?
>>
How are you going to be carrying it?

Why not a G26 if you're going with the glock? Would the minimal increase in size be that unacceptable?

Of course, there's the Shield. LC9 and variants, etc etc.

My vote is for the Boberg XR9-L. Don't know if Bond will be making an -L version when they finally get around to selling theirs, though.
>>
Personally, I would take the Shield in 9mm as the mags are flawless & the ergos are amazing. It's a much softer shooting gun that any other 9mm single stack. The Glock 43 is fucking awful to shoot

I'd take the XD over the Glock for a lot of reasons. WAY better ergos, more comfortable to shoot, stainless melanite coated barrel beats Glock's tenifer coating, more accessible controls, XDS has a solid steel sight, Glock's is plastic & fragile

If it HAS to be a single stack 9mm semi-auto I'd also look at Walther's PPQ. The trigger is fucking amazing, ergo's are outstanding & you'll need to mortgage your house to buy mags.

If you want a highly concealable CCW that you'll carry all the time I highly encourage an S&W 640M&P or Ruger LCR in .357. Here's why:

I carry an M&P9C for my EDC,, 2 spare mags, Olight & small 4" folding tac knife. Here's the problem. Even the compact is fucking heavy. If I want to take the dog out at night, I have to put on my holster, which means I have to put on my belt, which means I have to put on pants & it's a pain in the ass. With a wheel gun, if I'm just running down to the corner store or walking the dog I can throw it in a pocket holster with a speed strip & walk out the door. Drawstring gym shorts or sweats? Not a problem. It's lighter weight than the single stacks especially the S&W & even if it prints it doesn't look anything like a gun. Pocket carry is SO FUCKING CONVENIENT & I don't *look* armed.

The other significant advantage, especially in my neighborhood, is I can shoot someone off of me. You can't do that with a semi-auto except the Beretta Nano & no, just fucking no to that.

For all-day, every day I still prefer the double stack M&P9c. It shoots incredibly soft even with +P+ loads. It's the mildest shooting 9mm semi I've ever shot, caveman reliable, accurate as hell & given that my hands have taken a beating over the years I appreciate that.
Also, don't do the fucking Boberg.
>>
>>33646561
LC9s Pro
>>
>>33647602
>Personally, I would take the Shield in 9mm

i agree with this
>>
>>33646561
I have the G43, and I can't say that it is objectively better than the XDs but it is smaller and lighter, and almost certainly more comfortable for carry. Comfort was key when I selected it over the xds and the shield. If I'm going to be out and about for 12+ hours I'm not making any compromises in that regard.

I will note that I do not care for the sights, and it does not point naturally for me.
>>
>>33647602
You mean PPS or PPS M2
The Walthers are comfy though

We all know the real answer is "any G26 or similar doublestack"
>>
PSA has the Shield on sale for $320 with free shipping. Then you get a $75 rebate through S&W. Thats a shield for a $245 (plus whatever your FFL charges for transfer).
>Get a Shield.
>>
>Shield fags shilling over rebate

The Springfield rebate is way better than 75$.
>>
File: OliviaJensen2.webm (343KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
OliviaJensen2.webm
343KB, 1280x720px
>>33648409
That $75 could buy you a Jimenez that'd save your life though.
>>
What about the vp9 SK? How difficult will it be to conceal vs a single stack for a slimmer dude like me?
>>
>>33649130
jesus christ, none of the guns in discussion are difficult to conceal in the slightest.

So many shit tier non EDCers who put a gun on once a month thinking their nonsense opinions related to the objective reality of concealing.
>>
>>33646561
Hands down the glock

>>33648409
But then you own an XD
>>
>>33649168
Just bought a G43 online like three minutes ago.
>>
>>33649156
Yo I'm just tryna get my carry dick wet I ain't concealed shit before.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.