[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HD Shotgun Loads/hip firing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1490215935310.jpg (609KB, 900x629px) Image search: [Google]
1490215935310.jpg
609KB, 900x629px
What kind of load to you put in your home defense shotgun?

From what I've read recently no 4 buck is good for lethality but without putting holes in the house, any others that are ideal?

Recently got a 590 shockwave and really enjoyed hip-firing at the range with it. had forgotten how much i enjoy it and that i'm actually alright after a few rounds

any thoughts, pointers or tips on hipfiring/point-shooting shotguns or handguns in general?
>>
I use #4 buck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cgJT3McWc4
>>
>>33645822
>"got a 590 shockwave"
>Posts pic of Rem870
>really enjoys hip-firing
Faggot
>>
>>33645822
>i'm actually alright after a few rounds
so at 2am when the glass breaks you'll take a few practice shots to warm up before hitting the badguys?
>>
Frag 12 exclusively
>>
>>33645842

>didn't have pic of the 590, used what i found
>posts on 4chan
>everyone's a faggot
>enjoying firing guns

do you even know where you are or are your ears and eyes so full of shit from having your head that far up your ass?
>>
>>33645858

it had been years since i had tried it, with range trips and practice i don't think it'll be much of an issue
>>
>>33645822
Plated #1 buckshot is the smallest size that reliably penetrates 12" OP. Don't use #4.

Oh, and keep in mind that you should be suspicious of the relevancy of gel tests with light weight shot. Due to the low mass of individual pellets the ribs and sternum can have a abnormally detrimental effect on their penetration.

That's to say that while a sternum doesnt effect the passage of a 147gr 9mm round much, or even a ~50gr pellet for that matter, you reach a certain point where deflection off the bones becomes significantly more likely. this is a noted phenomena with birdshot. Sometimes a hit to the chest will encounter the sternum and deflect 90 degrees, effectively only penetrating an inch or two deep. Those round little balls really like to take the path of least resistance.
>>
00 buck, 00 buck, pdx1 defender, pdx1 defender, 00 buck, 00 buck, 00 buck

If they make it past that, I am going to have a bad day. As for wall and door damage.. I can fix that, blood and organs are more of a bitch to clean up.
>>
I'd never use a shotgun for home defense. But if so I'd use #4 shot.
Just get an AR.
>>
>>33645822
Here you go op
>>
>>33646074
>>33646028 here

Well please understand my point on using the shotgun. I got bullpulp mossberg 500. if I wake up and there is noises I grab that from the bedside. The lady takes the 9mm. Police are called by her. I check the situation. I am not at my best being woken up and then on the rush of a home invasion. My aim is not 100% but because of state laws they cannot leave the house if shot even once.

Shotgun is required. If AR then they may go with excessive force (cant have them crawling out the door to the lawn for a civil lawsuit). Am I a monster? no, just a nice guy with a girlfriend and a cat. They just leave me no choice to protect my continued life.
>>
>>33645964
thnx for the info

>>33646028
not a bad point, glad you brought it to mind

>>33646109
lol, actually shot a box of those the other day and got some more for another time, alot of fun, but then again as far as hd goes unless i'm definitely certain im gonna deadeye a shot with a slug under pressure i think it may be better to have a shot spread instead. would probably be good for bear defense though
>>
File: 1479511077783.jpg (15KB, 300x300px)
1479511077783.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Loaded in this order in a five round magazine:

>rubber slug
>000 buck
>slug
>7 1/2 steel birdshot
>dragon's breath

Think about it. That will take care of everything, just keep shooting.
>>
>>33646159

we think alike, but im a doggo person myself
>>
>>33646168
>lol, actually shot a box of those the other day and got some more for another time, alot of fun, but then again as far as hd goes unless i'm definitely certain im gonna deadeye a shot with a slug under pressure i think it may be better to have a shot spread instead. would probably be good for bear defense though

You know they make buckshot too
>>
>>33646182

>less than lethal first shot

Enjoy prison
>>
>>33645822
3 1/2" 00 Buck Super Mag will snap your wrist like a wishbone.

I would not even try magnum.

2-3/4" only in 00
>>
>>33646182

>dragon's breath

where can i get some of this, seen youtube vids of it and would love to try it but can never find any

also w dragonbreath rounds is there any precautions concerning heat build up after so many rounds through a barrel?
>>
>>33646194

nice, the place i got my minishells only had the slugs and 7 1/2 shot, but if they ever have minishells w buckshot ill def get a few boxes
>>
>>33646211

590s take 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells, shot some 00 buck and wasn't as bad as i thought, yeah i wouldn't really go for magnum either
>>
>>33646159
>My aim is not 100% but because of state laws they cannot leave the house if shot even once.

1)At short range your shorgun will only have a spread marginally bigger than the barrel diameter
2)If you shoot someone with a hangun they will be running walking talking for quite some time before they sit down, they have a fair chance of living if they get an ambulance same with winging them with a shotgun. If you hit torso or of course sternum with a shotgun they will be down immediately and they will die
>>
>>33646245
>590s take 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells, shot some 00 buck and wasn't as bad as i thought, yeah i wouldn't really go for magnum either

I had supermag slugs and the only thing that compares is shooting a bolt 50 no matter how tight that shouldering is it is a hell of a kick
>>
>>33646213
>love to try it but can never find any

You will have to buy online, I have never seen them in any of the gunships I have gone into.
>>
>>33646247

has a good point. pistol fire is primarily lethal from penetration and blood loss, meaning unless its a major artery or organ theyre going to have time to continue moving or threatening/attacking or getting away
not as much of a chance after a shotgun round/s with the larger spread and more damage it puts out
>>
>>33646270
>gunships

Gun shop*
>>
>>33646270
damn alright thnx, any particular sellers online you recommend?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.