[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

polymer80 glock 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: glock 19.jpg (230KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
glock 19.jpg
230KB, 880x660px
im thinking about building a glock 19 with an 80% lower. Are they any good?

Am also having trouble finding a way to build it for under 500$, any advice
>>
>>33645196
Either buy a glock brand glock or stop being poor
>>
>>33645196
This seems like a good option if you wanted to build a .22lr glock.
>>
>>33645196
>im thinking about building a glock 19 with an 80% lower.

Why?
>>
>>33645196
>Are they any good?

Yes they work fine if you do it right. Take your time and make sure you read the instructions. It's not hard.

As far as price they probably won't be cheaper then buying a Glock. The real point of these is to not have to deal with ffl and have a firearm that isn't linked to you by serial #. Ghost guns!
>>
>>33645257
Not OP, but I'd do it for funsies and to learn more intimately how my gun works.
>>
>>33645196
Just remember you can't ever sell this legally after you build it. I've built 2 of them and they work just as well as a factory glock
>>
>>33645250
What kits are recommended for this?

I live in MA and FFLs can't sell most glocks here.
>>
>>33645336
You can legally sell it. You can't build it with the intention of selling, but you can sell later if you feel like it.
>>
>>33645196
>Am also having trouble finding a way to build it for under 500$, any advice
Yeah not happening. Factory glocks are cheaper. Take the opportunity to build a fancy pants glock instead.
>>
>>33645473
>Take the opportunity to build a fancy pants glock instead

This is what I did. Custom barrel, slide, trigger. I kind of went full retard with my build
>>
>>33645299
>learn more intimately how my gun works
and you cant take apart and put back together a regular glock?
>>
>>33645336
>>33645460
Which one of these is correct? I'm considering making one to use but if some day I don't want it anymore what can I do?
>>
Is this doable without a drill press?

If so, what can I use if space is limited? I'm in an apartment without access to a dedicated workshop.
>>
>>33645460
This one is correct.
>>
>>33645596
Most everyone who I've seen who tried to make one has fucked it up almost to the point of throwing it away, but almost always to the point of taking it to a gunsmith.

The only 'benefit' is not having it registered. If you care about that, good luck, if not, buy a gun.
>>
>>33645596
a dremel tool might be your best option
>>
any 80% lower is going to cost more to build than buying because sperglords drive the price up to pretend they're a coolboy outlaw with an unserialized gun
>>
>>33645624
I'm MA as well. Ownership is allowed but FFLs can't sell them to us, so private sale costs are fairly high.

Not sure how legality works having someone else make it for you.
>>
>>33645257

For why to use the 19.
Great size.
Great ammo cap.

Why to use the 80% lower?
No finger groves.
Gets rid of the back hump.
Trigger guard cut outs, which gets your hand up higher, your support hand to wrap around easier.
Improved rails.
>>
>>33645593
You can sell it but don't plan on doing it right away
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/can-i-sell-or-give-my-homemade-gun-another-person.htm
>>
>>33645624
>Most everyone who I've seen who tried to make one has fucked it up almost to the point of throwing it away,

You must know a lot of retards or you are just talking out your ass. It's very easy to complete with a drill press and even using a Dremel. You are removing a very minimal amount of polymer. It was one of the easiest projects I have ever done.
>>
>>33645593

Laws already state that you yourself can make a firearm, that it itself does not require a serial, due to it being yours and your own only.

Right when you plan on selling it, a serial number must be put on for the purpose of I.D.ing a d tracking.

Now that you are producing and selling, you now to have proper license for making and selling guns.

This is all from what I learned from my friend Lane, who is owner of Mega arms.
>>
>>33645624
>Most everyone who I've seen who tried to make one has fucked it up

You are trolling right? Building my RC car was more difficult
>>
>>33645802
This

I literally just did one today using only a Dremel, a small hand drill, and some files/sandpaper. The hardest part of making the rails and even that isn't bad
>>
Unless you need a ghost gun, they aren't worth it. A brand new Glock 19 will run you the same price as building one like this.

>T. I looked into it too
>>
>>33645919
>Unless you need a ghost gun, they aren't worth it.

If you want to build a fully custom gun they are worth it. You can pick and chose every option you want.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.