[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USCCA or other CCW Insurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: threelevelsChart.gif (95KB, 745x727px) Image search: [Google]
threelevelsChart.gif
95KB, 745x727px
So I have my CCW in California and it was suggested that I might want to look into CCW insurance. If the victim or the victim's family sues the county then I am held liable.

Anyone here use insurance?
Waste of money even in CA?
I have heard that the NRA advertises insurance through a third party, is that any better/worse?

Not moving for at least 5 years, job contract, so save your breath.
>>
>>33643224
If you carry a gun, and you're willing to shoot somebody, get insurance.

It's not an if, you will get sued. No question. Especially in California. Even if you shoot a bum, you'll find a third cousin coming after you.

This is like getting a car and questioning getting auto insurance
>>
>>33643399
Great, which do you use?
>>
>>33643541
Not him
But I'll go with the NRA
>>
>>33643224
Coming from another left leaning state (NJ), I like the idea of some sort of carry insurance, if only for the on call defense attorney who is specialized (or at least access to attorneys who specialize to consult with) self defense cases.

I also like the idea of having lawyers on hand to support you in the impending civil case if you do use lethal force in self defense.

The catch is I have not researched any of them myself (since it would be a cold day in hell before my state willingly issues a carry permit to the unconnected), so I don't know how much they costs or if they have any speed bumps in their contract. If you are serious about getting some, you may want to ask a contract lawyer look over the contract, to make sure there are no sketchy parts, like if you they can force you to settle a court case or lose all support from them.
>>
File: franklin.jpg (146KB, 1024x439px) Image search: [Google]
franklin.jpg
146KB, 1024x439px
>>33643399
>>33643555
>>33643566
The gets in this thread...
Looks like I'm getting insurance.
>>
>>33643224
I hear the owner of USCCA is a scam artist. I do hear good things about Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network but I am still considering my options on CCW insurance and if it is worth it myself.
>>
File: grant.jpg (160KB, 1024x433px) Image search: [Google]
grant.jpg
160KB, 1024x433px
>>33643688
>USCCA is a scam artist
I have heard this as well but can't find out why people say this. They have an A+ with the BBB and no registered complaints. I do hear their insurance only works as a reimbursement and you have to front all the money.
>>
>>33643224
>the victim or the victim's family

Bad choice of words. Try using perpetrator or suspect, instead.
>>
File: he_gone.gif (238KB, 470x259px) Image search: [Google]
he_gone.gif
238KB, 470x259px
>>33643909
Having to front all the money for me instantly makes me not want to do business with them.

Aside from that this is what I have heard from others who had it, "Tim Schmidt uses the member base as a mailing list for his latest get rich scheme. He pitches so many different things. He then made it mandatory that everyone in the organization purchase their brand of concealed carry insurance(his forum members). If you had your own coverage at the time he just informed you that it is "for the best of the membership base".

Just the fact that if you just google if it is a scam everyone is talking about how it is potentially a scam. It smells fishy but just cant see where the fish is. So I am out.
>>
>>33643224

Before you get this, look and see if you're in a state that has immunity for civil cases stemming from a shooting.
>>
>>33643224

also look at

secondcalldefense.org

armedcitizensnetwork.org

if i had to pick 1 of uscca, 2nd, or armc i would pick 2nd call based on their website & materials

i signed up for 1 year read-only at USCCA just to get access to archives for their magazine, that was well worth $47 - but if you look at the coverage i think uscca falls short compared to the other 2

but i've never been involved in a ccw shooting

>>33643399
this is a fact, even if you shoot jamal & tyrone breaking into your house, or some jihadi matcheting people on the street
>>
>>33643224
Is CCW insurance moot if you live in a state with civil immunity for self-defense/castle doctrine?
>>
>>33644373
>if you live in a state with civil immunity
They'll either find a loophole or take you to court anyway, and by the time you get it thrown out under civil immunity, you've already acquired a niggerillion dollars in court fees and lawyer costs.
>>
>>33644373
Pretty much, this insurance is for states where you can be sued even if found innocent or not charged with a crime.

Castle doctrine doesn't automatically mean your state will protect you from civil repercussions though, make sure you know the law inside and out.
>>
File: Flag_of_Communist_California.jpg (796KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Communist_California.jpg
796KB, 3072x2048px
>>33644442
>make sure you know the law inside and out
Pointless trying to know it. Get a good lawyer, ones that defend cops after a shooting if possible. Also have some way to pay for it or at least a back up plan to. You may have to remortgage your house but at least you'll have good council.
>>
More people get struck by lightning in my state every year than use a ccw for a self defense situation. If you use it legally the odds of a protracted legal battle or having your pistol permanently confiscated are slim.

Now clouds on the other hand, they're plotting something. Get that insurance.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.