[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biowarfare thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: Biowarfare.png (275KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
Biowarfare.png
275KB, 640x340px
What does /k/ think of biological weapons?
>>
>>33641282
They kill people
>>
File: You-Dont-Say.jpg (19KB, 620x460px) Image search: [Google]
You-Dont-Say.jpg
19KB, 620x460px
>>33641286
>>
>>33641282
They're harder to make than chemical weapons.
>>
File: images (38).jpg (9KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
images (38).jpg
9KB, 255x198px
>>33641293
>>
>>33641297
That sounds right, such as getting the needed bacteria and etc right?
>>
>>33641282
Best biological weapons ever created are children they slowly suck the life out of you, drive you crazy and drain all your resources.
>>
>>33641307
I get that but
>>
>>33641319
Fucking legend.
>>
File: norovirus.png (34KB, 1170x655px) Image search: [Google]
norovirus.png
34KB, 1170x655px
>>33641286
Just like chemical weapons can include things like tear gas and LSD, there's nothing (apart from general human decency and all that) stopping you from trying to spread a perky strain of norovirus amongst the enemy to incapacitate.
>>
i like to wipe my mucus on door handles for shit and giggles
>>
>>33641282
They're o/k/
>>
>>33641282
real men use massive non-nuclear bombs
>>
>>33641311
they are hard to breed as beer.
all you need is the right bacteria, which is hard to find
on the other hand they are hard to deploy, and very, very prone to accidents, so enjoy killing all your staff next time an intern bump in a cart full of samples
also, nowadays is almost impossible to predict how far they will(or will not) go, you can destroy teh earth, you can kill that one old lady with the cats
>>
File: NORACIDE.jpg (116KB, 772x705px) Image search: [Google]
NORACIDE.jpg
116KB, 772x705px
>>33641319
/thread
caption this and include me, please
>>
I think about SAGE
>>
>>33641282
Scarier than nuclear or chemical weapons
Highly unlikely to be used ever, luckily.

Too easy to harm your own population or troops when using these boyo's
>>
File: Haha Time for Death.png (31KB, 191x196px) Image search: [Google]
Haha Time for Death.png
31KB, 191x196px
Pneumonic Plague sounds lovely :
>near 100% mortality
>still no cure to this date
>>
>>33641293
Nice meme
>>
File: C1UzKRTXUAAySJA.jpg large.jpg (28KB, 334x442px) Image search: [Google]
C1UzKRTXUAAySJA.jpg large.jpg
28KB, 334x442px
>>33641282
Absolutely disgusting, quite literally.
>>
>>33641958
>Highly unlikely to be used ever, luckily.
Unless you are some genocidal maniac that doesn't care about killing indiscriminately. Of all the possible terrorist WMDs, bioweapons are the cheapest, easiest to obtain, and the deadliest. Even a strain that is not normally lethal can inflict horrible economic damage if it is made to be more virulent and drug resistant like the norovirus >>33641360 used as an example. Then there is the fact that bacteria and viruses mutate, often unpredictably.
>>
Too dangerous to be used. Just use chemical weapons instead if you want to be an arse. At least you wont possibly wipe out the entire human race on accident
>>
>>33641958
> Implying they have never been used yet
>>
>>33642229
>some genocidal maniac that doesn't care about killing indiscriminately
Valid point of concern

>terrorist WMD
>cheapest
>easiest to obtain
Sounds more like uncle achmeds' batch of bathtub ginstill chlorine

I don't really see terrorists getting their hands on a live and usable strain that easy, let alone figure out a dispersal method
>>
>>33642305
>I don't really see terrorists getting their hands on a live and usable strain that easy, let alone figure out a dispersal method

There are entire islands that are deemed uninhabitable due to biowarfare testing, islands where virulent strains of anthrax can be pulled from the dirt. Past that most of the information for incubating and expanding the strain exist on the internet. Hell, you can receive a college education and learn how to cultivate various bacteria and viruses, not to mention learn how to use CRISPR and other gene editing equipment.

Another fun fact, when I worked in IT and electronic recycling, it wasn't uncommon to older laboratory equipment come in that grew vast cultures of microbials.
>>
If you're good with cloning it's a snap. Ebola genome is 19 kilobases long. Buy the genes in groups of one or two in separate plasmids with unique restriction sites. Stitch them together and transform. The problem is upkeep and initial investment (plus if you get caught that's beyond buttfuck territory)

I used Ebola as the first example because it's small. Smallpox genome is much larger at 186kb (for reference, the gene service we use charges roughly $.25/ base pair), but if you're set on creating a bioweapon then really who's pinching pennies? The issue is the time and steps needed to stitch together such a large genome from scratch. Plus, if you're this invested in it you'd undoubtedly be testing for mutations to enhance virility and lethality.
>>
>>33642580

I'll add that Genscript offers GenBricks, sequences up to and over 15kb at the low price of $.45/bp, but you have to remember that ordering the entire ebola genome would raise tons of red flags, so either you synthesize everything in-house or split up your purchasing to avoid scrutiny.
>>
File: C8-7XlJV0AEgJ8O.jpg (162KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
C8-7XlJV0AEgJ8O.jpg
162KB, 1200x799px
Were going to have to deal with biowarfare soon. The people are waking up to the globalists and nationalism is rising all across the west. Because of the internet, this time the pogroms will be simultaneous around the world.

The kikes will release them to try to murder as many White Christians as they can on their way out. They have a long history of this sort of thing. They used to poison wells, but this time they will spread plauges in airports.
>>
>>33642253
That's only a concern for rational actors.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.