[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M&P 15-22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How is this? Is it a piece of shit?

Worried about the plastic upper in a gun that's over 300 bucks. I hear accuracy is bad but how bad? Like 2-3 moa or worse?
>>
>>33640341
its fun but if your in it for a 22 rifle a marlin or ruger is a better gun at half the price
>>
>>33640356
I have a cz 452 so I've got heirloom quality .22 LR covered. I just thought it might be something fun.

The takedown 10/22 I was looking at was about 300 all said and done and the 15-22 would be about 350 all said and done.
>>
>>33640372
if yoyu want it cause you want it just get one. the mossberg is the pos in a plastic shell. the s&w is ok.
>>
>>33640464
Ya I want it but I'm not a big believer in using .22 LR as a "trainer rifle" airsoft would be just as good in that case (for some things). So I want a gun that's also practical.

Some of the accuracy reports I read about this are horrendous (5 moa).
>>
>>33640341
Had one in 2010, fun plinking gun and cool looks. I had lots of people on the range asking about it and trying it out. The only .22's that worked regularly for me were the VMax made by CCI and the Federal's shown in the pic. Even then I had a couple of FTE's (about 4 to 8 per 525 rnd box) and a couple of FTF's. The CCI's were flawless.

The only accessory I put on it was a foward grip. I preferred using the iron sights but occasionally used an Eotech clone loaned to me by a co-worker. Was saving for a drum mag and thought about a fake suppressor (real ones very verboten in Canuckistan) to piss off the range fags we have in abundance here.

I was on a wait list for almost 2 years and got one from the 2nd batch brought into Canada. Paid $585 for it at the time. Snagged twenty 25 round mags just before the Gestapo illegally reclassified them as prohibited and retailers panicked and pulled them from the shelves.

Synopsis: fun and cheap to feed. Just wish we could get .22 tracers here.
>>
File: 0751196_1.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
0751196_1.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>33640632
Forgot pic. :-/
>>
File: 1485584045411.jpg (22KB, 237x229px) Image search: [Google]
1485584045411.jpg
22KB, 237x229px
>AR-style rifle in .22lr
>rail system on a plinkster
>fake STANAG magazine
>>
>>33640632
It does sound like fun, I'm just worried it will be a less practical rifle than other options.

>>33640709
What is wrong with a rail system on a .22 or any of that?
>>
>>33640372
>wants heirloom quality .22lr
>doesn't buy an heirloom .22lr
>buys eastern european trash hoping it will eventually become one
>>
>>33640723
>CZ 452 is trash

Literally pitted against Anschutz rifles in amateur competition. Please learn something bud.
>>
>>33640734
so were the actual "heirloom" rifles I was talking about. if Anschutz is your baseline for quality, then buy a fucking Annie and stop cheaping out.
>>
>>33640851
You're a fucking retard spoiled brat. Guns that were given down to families are good guns not just expensive shit. Take whatever multi thousand dollar gun your daddy bought for you and shove it up your ass faggot a cz is less than a third of a an Anschutz and pretty much just as good.
>>
>>33640341
Honestly no, they aren't great.

Persistent KB problems due to bolt design, pin holes deform in the lower which can cause pin walk (also manifests as trigger issues, I've seen this a lot in the last year), mixed QC, unimpressive accuracy. 4+ MOA at 25 yards in the worst guns with reasonable ammo.

I see a shitton of these things and they're just not particularly well-made. 10/22s, etc are better guns. Like, I'd rather have a Rem 597 or Marlin 795 from Freedom Group.

Military retirees and the tactical crowd all seem to keep buying them though. I mean, I guess they're the best mass-produced rimfire AR clone option available but that doesn't say a lot.

I don't mean to shit all over them, but I think better guns can be had for less.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.