[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many medals have you got /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: North-Korean-Generals.jpg (36KB, 599x324px) Image search: [Google]
North-Korean-Generals.jpg
36KB, 599x324px
How many medals have you got /k/
>>
>>33638339
A handful
>the scouts give you medals for fucking breathing
Just end it.
>>
Just one because I wasn't in a military that gave out medals for everything.
>>
>>33638383
how many insurgents did you slay in Baghdad?
>>
>>33638423
Afghanistan and personally none, I was always first in any movement so I mostly got shot at and vehicles behind me shot back in return before I could the turret around to shoot. If we went out as the lightest force we moved in; QRF my CS was first. If we did a dedicated operation with more assess my CS was first. If we moved the whole battlegroup for something fancy, I was first. In theory if the battlegroup was expanded, due to the numbering of the BG I was in it would always be first and I was in the first CS of that BG.

On the upside I never had to deal with dust in front of me or anyone getting in my arcs of fire.

Came close to shooting some guys while on guard duty but RoE didn't allow that. RoE changed after I had my event.

Prior you couldn't use lethal force on people stealing defenses only if they tried to enter a base. After you could use lethal force if they were stealing, moving, modifying or otherwise tampering.

Locals that may have been Taliban were stealing the steel pickets that held our extreme outer wire in place. Got an unofficial award in the form of a Commander's coin for that. But only ever got my one tour medal.
>>
>>33638754

Neat
>>
>>33638892
Got shot at and sometimes hit by almost everything in the Taliban arsenal.

Pistol, rifle, MG, HMG, RPG, recoilless rifle, mortar, rockets, hand grenade, anti personal land mine, shoe*.

The only thing I never hit was a large IED.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0bVaTjF_Y
>>
Are those participation metals?

Do best Koreans earn metals for doing basic stuff?

>dear leader needs his diaper changed.
> here's a metal
>>
>>33638339
>Medal of Fearlessness inside Battlefront
>Medal of Serving the People's Army
>Medal of Special worker's party
>Personal Award for the service of the Leader
>Medal for Command of Ships in war
>Medal of special Bushtop Warfare
>>
>>33638754
>>33638892
I was at home playing video games because my parents were rich and didn't want me to enlist.

My stories aren't as interesting.
>>
>>33638339
>0
I feel good about it. Haven't earned any yet.
>>
National Defense Service Medal.
>>
>Locutiousness Commendation
>Medal of Autism
>Silver Manual Shifter
>Gold Ditch of Valor
>Transman Service Award
>>
File: laughs in dd214.jpg (74KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
laughs in dd214.jpg
74KB, 409x393px
>>33638339
I've got:

Pizza stain
Gwot
Good cookie
NAM

Rifle expert
Pistol pizza box

Meh it ain't much but at least I served? I still look at the "join the reserves!" crap they send me in the mail, and I'm conflicted about it pretty often. But I think I'm gonna stay out and continue to enjoy the civvie life for now.
>>
>>33638339
that's practically plate armor
>>
>>33638339
>How many medals have you got /k/
Two and fuck knows why. I think it was an error by the CO
>>
File: these.jpg (65KB, 728x506px) Image search: [Google]
these.jpg
65KB, 728x506px
ARCOM
JSAM
Good Conduct

There are other awards that don't have medals or are awarded to everyone for participating. These are the ones I feel I actually earned. Two duty stations, 7 years in the fucking barracks. Stayed out of trouble. No deployments, no fun. Broke as fuck now, no monies. At least I'm not surrounded by grown children anymore.
>>
File: Medalje.jpg (22KB, 398x396px) Image search: [Google]
Medalje.jpg
22KB, 398x396px
>>33638339
It's a service medal every conscript recives if they aren't complete fuck ups.
>>
>>33638339
1 ADF service medal for medical discharge after 2 years lmao

I still think about re-enlisting, but don't want to work for ZOG
>>
I have a silver medal in the long jump for my school sports day in 2009

I also have 3 boxing trophies from when I was a kid, but they're given out simply for fighting, you don't have to win.

Wasn't a very good boxer and I don't really like the whole "reward for participation" thing but it felt nice to get something because it was easily the hardest and most painful thing I've ever done in my life
>>
>>33638339
Nine, plus several badges.
>>
>>33641123
Technically the only medal that isn't earned is the purple heart, anon. Cheer up. We'll be at war again soon and you and me will get to sit around talking about it while the younger men go off to fight. You did your part.
>>
>>33638339
Why does the brass in tinpot dictatorships festoon themselves with medals?
>>
>>33641457
they know it is ridiculous but the structure can't be rolled back. if the Leader's cadre awards you a metal, it's like George Dillman (backed by Chi Police) giving you a red belt. To turn it down will just get you and your family executed with an anti-aircraft gun.
>>
File: 40936.jpg (68KB, 283x284px) Image search: [Google]
40936.jpg
68KB, 283x284px
Behold the pussy magnet.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.