[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought A Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: curve380_magazine_2428web.jpg (1MB, 1600x1015px) Image search: [Google]
curve380_magazine_2428web.jpg
1MB, 1600x1015px
Hello recently my aunt was hijacked in a parking garage and there has been a rash of crime in my city lately, i've decided it's time to protect myself but I have some questions. I don't know anything about any guns and have never shot a real one (I'm pretty liberal and so is me and my whole family so no guns) I had some questions for the Cabelas guy and we picked out this gun in the picture to buy, (mine is purpleish pink though) he said it's great to keep in a purse and it's lightweight with the attached laser sight, also ergonomic. He picked out a box of bullets for me too and I bought it all and came home.

Do i need to practice shooting before I go out and about with it? It looks pretty nice and with the laser pointer and flashlight it seems like I could hit easily with it, I don't know much about how to put the bullets in, they seem really hard to put in. I like the fact that it has the flashlight for when I'm walking to my car at night. I really don't know what i'm doing with it and I am scared to shoot it. I've only been carrying pepper spray and a swiss army knife for the past couple years but there has been some serious crime lately, it's getting bad.. So where do I learn to shoot? I don't know if there are any gun ranges around here but I know that it is ok to carry for me without a license because it's state law for everyone to be able to carry but I want to actually know what I am doing before I take it with me.

How many times can I shoot? How do I learn to reload quickly?
>>
>>33636988
What a masterfully crafted shit thread. Good job.
>>
>>33637015
it really does hit all of the (you) marks

-off body carry
-laser
-zero research
-liberal
-scared to shoot it
>>
>>33636988

Yes, absolutely practice shooting it. The gun is not going to do much good if you can't hit shit. You are inexperienced, your intuition is currently worthless.
Also, keep it on your person, not in your purse. A robber is going to want you to just hand your purse over - you won't have time to dig around in it.
Practice drawing your weapon, too. Situations that demand the use of your firearm often only allow a moment to draw your weapon, and fractions of a second can mean life or death.

That's the most of it. The rest is all practice and training.
>>
File: 1403371926794.png (30KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1403371926794.png
30KB, 399x400px
>>33636988
Where's that comic strip about buying a gun?

Sage.
>>
Serious question: Would carrying a Curve make me look gay? I really like the design and it looks quite professional, but it might come off as non-intimidating and I want my masculinity intact.
>>
>>33637295
It'd probably get you killed. They're shit. Just saying that Taurus made them isn't enough. Secondly
>I care about how I look when I'm defending my life
>Mr mugger, does this gun I'm holding on you make me look gay?
Jesus H. Fuck, turn in your guns and get yourself a rape whistle.
>>
>>33637335

Yeah, no offense Mr, I don't know about you but I think taking my guns to the range so I can learn to know them and be well prepared if I actually need to use them. That's where I'd be concerned if they look gay.

Anyways, you're probably right regarding the crap part, I just want a small 9mm with a sleek design that's still subtle, I don't flaunt and brag very much, I just want the gun to be total "no bullshit". Any reccomendations?
>>
>>33637335
>>33637401

Was supposed to be a "good idea" after the "if I actually need to use them".
>>
>>33637401
>caring what others think
Jesus you're a mess. Get any single stack 9 out there you think looks good and fits in your hand. Yes you actually can hold the pistols behind the counter. All you have to do is ask.
>>
>>33637411
>>33637401

and I misspelled "Recommendations" too. Fuck.
>>
>>33637401
Get a ruger lcs9
>>
>>33636988
>Do i need to practice shooting before I go out and about with it?

Yes.

Regardless, google search the following:

"firearm safety course in [insert your city here]"

Look up reviews of the course, watch a few safet instructional videos, go to the course, don't fucking use the flashlight built into your your gun to find your way to your car at night, that's retarded as fuck and get in a bunch of range time.

Also invest in some ear protection before going to the range.
>>
Go to a gun store. Go to a lot of gun stores. Tell them you're fucking clueless and eager to learn. Be wary of sales pitches.

I don't trust .380, but it would probably fulfill the purpose.

9mm, .40, and .45 are all pretty much the exact same fucking thing except .40 and .45 generally means a larger gun, more recoil, and less capacity.

To properly grip a pistol, look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzQIHN-LiI

Ask about safety when handling a firearm.

Then ask to hold a Glock 19 or 17. Grip it as the video shows. If it feels good in your hand, like it was custom made for you, look no further.

If you can't good a good grip with it with your hands, discuss it with the seller. Keep doing this until you find one that feels like it was made just for you.

Then for fucks sake, take a class. Your life literally depends on not being stupid, negligent, fucking up, or a lack of confidence, skill, and knowledge.

Then get a license to carry it and never, ever vote for a politician that wants to restrict your rights to defend yourself.

You should go to the range at least once a month, ideally shooting 100 rounds per visit.
>>
>>33637062
>>33637015
but it didn't ask if it was a meme
>>
>>33636988
>>33637574

Forgot to mention, you bought one of the worst possible guns on the market. I would not trust my life or anyone else's to it.
>>
>>33636988
You should probably invest in a CPL class regardless of whether you want a CPL right now (follow-up tip, strongly consider getting one). It will answer all basic questions and give you supervised practice. But there's not that much to know and I will try to summarize in one reply in a minute.
>>
File: 1617-Josh-Blue-Flying.jpg (11KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1617-Josh-Blue-Flying.jpg
11KB, 500x300px
>How many times can I shoot?

So close.
>>
>>33636988
You're not a liberal if you don't surrender your car and butthole to Tyrone willingly for his reparations. It is pretty close-minded of you.
>>
>>33637597
I would trust the carjackers life to it
>>
>>33636988
I know this is most likely a bait thread, but leave it to a liberal to suddenly forget they hate guns when they realize they themselves might actually need one
>>
File: 81aff4_5165788.gif (2MB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
81aff4_5165788.gif
2MB, 300x182px
>>33636988
Be careful anon, shooting those things feel like a bazooka and sound like a cannon. You will likely get PTSD from the experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThzNEs9jh_8
>>
>>33636988
>my aunt was hijacked
>it's time to protect myself
...and to Hell with auntie?
>>
>>33637580
Hey /k/. Redpill me on memes.
>>
File: 1292115607680.jpg (56KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1292115607680.jpg
56KB, 413x395px
>>33636988
>I like the fact that it has the flashlight for when I'm walking to my car at night.
>>
>>33637335
I have one and it has never jammed on me. I don't need pretend macho guns for my concealed carry like you fags.
It's slim and comfy and works.
>>
>>33637597
And please tell me how much experience you have shooting and carrying one of these curves?
I assume you must since you "know" it is one of the worst guns?
What I'm getting at is this site is funny because everyone becomes a lemming and just spouts off shit with no evidence.
I own a curve and it is a good carry gun and reliable so far after 500 rounds.
>>
File: Tyrone.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>(mine is purpleish pink though)
You will be fine.
Tyrone is going to die from laughter when you whip out your gat.
>>
>>33641788
Wow congrats you got lucky and had one manufactured more to spec than others.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.