[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 50

Applying for a UPIN. How long will it take? I have the kit, form to fill out, fingerprint card and return envelope, where do I get my fingerprints for this card at? Local PD? Do they do that? Would they charge me $50 like they did when they took my prints for my CCW?
>>
THICC
>>
Who is this cum drum?
>>
>>33636544
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
>hhhnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
>>
>>33636544
Now THIS is what thick looks like
>>
just delete and remake this thread
>>
File: 1479580510015.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479580510015.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>33636544
>>
File: 1475826423004.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475826423004.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
>>33636544

Those are some impressive pussy lips.

Hnng.
>>
>>33636544
>>33637318
say you'll give everyone source if they answer your question then just leave.
>>
File: comfy_CJ.jpg (11KB, 261x218px) Image search: [Google]
comfy_CJ.jpg
11KB, 261x218px
>>33636544
>side-piping a camel-toe
>>
>>33636544
What is a UPIN? Are you talking about the thing you get so your NICS checks don't get delayed every time?

Why the fuck are they fingerprinting you for this?

Just buy guns privately.
>>
File: 1482283319221.gif (44KB, 834x556px) Image search: [Google]
1482283319221.gif
44KB, 834x556px
unf
>>
>>33637435
Yea that's what the UPIN is, I always get delayed... but always get a proceed after couple of days.
>>
>>33636544
Should I buy a VZ58 in 7.62 or 556? Does the fact that it' was originally designed for the 7.62 make it better for that round or is it just preference on which you prefer?
>>
>>33637529
>Does the fact that it' was originally designed for the 7.62 make it better for that round
No, and anyone who will tell you otherwise is full of shit.

That said, I'd get it in 7.62x39 because it just looks right with those huge magazines.
>>
>>33637565
Right now I don't own an AR15 or any kind of AK (I know the vz isn't an AK) so I guess I don't really have a round preference. I was thinking of maybe the 7.62 so I'd have one of each for when I eventually buy/make an AR15, but I'd like to get the VZ first since they just seem to keep going up in price.

Is there any likelihood they could go down somewhat soon since Trump is in? I know Obama put those sanctions on Russia but I heard he did a lot of that on a smaller scale on imported rifles and 'tactical' shotguns so they soared in price. Is all the VZ's floating around just ones that have been in here for like half a decade or more or are they still importing them and just modifying them for semi-auto only?

Sorry I'm not too knowledgeable on this stuff, but I don't want to drop like $1,100 in 4 months if it's likely they'll drop in price a lot by them flowing in in like a year.

Thanks
>>
>>33637689
>Is there any likelihood they could go down somewhat soon since Trump is in?
No. They will likely not get any cheaper, they've been phased out for over a decade so CSA is the only manufacturer left still making them.
>>
Just turned 18, will be graduating in about 8 weeks, give or take.

Few questions - I live just outside of Austin, can't drive, can only bike, don't have much money, but I do have a gunstore nearby.

Can I/should I try to work at the LGS?

Also, because I turned 18, and have no money, what gun should I buy when I get money?

I was thinking of trying to aim for saving up about $2,500 for a gaming laptop and a gun.

Any advice on that front?
>>
File: 11b.jpg (24KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
11b.jpg
24KB, 500x331px
>>33636544
>>
>>33636544
It's gotta be shooped
>>
>>33637729
>Can I/should I try to work at the LGS?
Depends on the gun store. If it's the kind of place you can make 10 bucks an hour sitting around at, go for it.
>Any advice on that front?
Spend 2500 on guns and forget gaming.
>>
>>33637728
Alright thanks for the answers
>>
>>33636544
Never post a picture more interesting than the question.
>>
>>33637741
But senpai I want a gaming laptop so I can make games on the go and then sell them

But thanks
>>
>>33637778
>make games on the go and then sell them
You need to research literally any aspect of what you're talking about.
>>
Does brand reeeeally matter when it comes to building an AR? If I get a $70 stag arms stripped lower from gunbroker or some shit will it not work with an upper from a different brand? And what about the lower parts kits? Most of them come with a trigger but I think I'd want to buy a different trigger. What would you recommend?

>TL;TR first time AR builder give advice plox
>>
>>33637828
not with the upper and lower. But the other parts you get what you pay for.
>>
>>33637806
I am currently trying to teach myself how to use Blender and Unreal Engine 4. I screwed myself up a bit on that front because I learned Unity and Maya first - I don''t want to use Unity and modeling in Maya could screw me over if I ever get around to selling my games.

I also know how to use a few image-editing tools to create textures, and can program well enough in Processing (a visual-oriented Java wrapper) that I can make textures there as well.

I can program in C++, C#, and Java. I enjoy coding a lot, and it's not that hard for me to pick up a new language (except, for some reason, HTML. I can't get the hang of the tags).

The only thing I currently can't do is animation. I'll find a way though.

After that, I'll cross the "selling" hurdle if/when I get to it.

And I understand that a good game usually can't be built by one person, so I have "assembled" a small team of people that all want to make games.

We're going to try to make a game that's playable - maybe something similar to Ravenfield? Probably nothing with voice-acting or a really involved story.
>>
>>33637778
Yea, you're not going to do that. You'd do well to take my advice. If you're not even making 3D games, you don't need discrete graphics.
>>
>>33637923
Wow, you're a moron. If you have an any brains at all you'll buy a recycled Sandy/Ivy Bridge workstation and one of the last gen workstation graphics cards.

Fuck laptops.
>>
>>33637923
Oh buddy. I'm sorry, whoever put those thoughts into your head needs to be shot. Repeatedly.
>>
>>33637828
In my expierience theres a happy medium. Too cheap and you get exactly what you pay for. They will "fit" insomuch as they go together and shoot, there will be wiggle room and it will wear phenominally fast.

If you build a $400 AR dont ask yourself in 18 months why your buddies $1200 AR has been going strong for 8 years and your is already shitting the bed.

Converseley going too expensive can mean you arent bargain shopping shrewdly enough or are just buying meme-tier overpriced stuff with a 30% brand name markup.

Dont get me wrong, there are primo products out there that are worth every penny, but theres also overpriced junk. Its possible to build a $1500 AR thats every bit as trashy as a $400 build.

My advice is to look up lots of reviews and not shoot too high on your first build. Also dont heeb-out and build some bubbas gunshop polymer-lower nigger rig and expect it to shoot like a bushmaster.

Mid-range is a good first build.
>>
>>33637923
>We're going to try to make a game that's playable - maybe something similar to Ravenfield? Probably nothing with voice-acting or a really involved story.

I know this is /k/ and not /agdg/, but let me give you a tip: THINK SMALLER

THINK WAY FUCKING SMALLER

Design one central core mechanic, make it work and design one level or environment to make that mechanic work with a minimum number of assets.

Write your GDD and then start cut, cut, cutting.

Go to physical gamejam meets to get some crash course experience in how to meet a deadline and the harsh realities of working within it. Then use that knowledge to make your own game of a similarly limited scale on your own terms, just add more polish- but don't make it bigger.

Your first DIY game should take you no more than a couple of months to finish. If you're getting mired down in a multi-month project (which you WILL if you keep thinking big), then it is time to stop, reevaluate, look at what assets you have already, and refocus to turn them into a much smaller game.
>>
>>33637923
>a few other indie devs conned people into subsidizing a shitty rehash into profitability so I ought to be able to do it too!
>>
>>33637970
>the fat guy who made minecraaft spent 3 years working on it full time

> In September 2014, Microsoft announced a deal to buy Mojang and the Minecraft intellectual property for US$2.5 billion

i think we know who's got the right priorities here, boomer
>>
>>33637925
I've traumatized myself by using ridiculously underpowered laptops.

Picture running Unreal 4 on a Toshiba from 2011. My "fastest" laptop has exactly 1 GB of RAM.

>>33637939
I feel that on an almost spiritual level. I'd personally love to use a desktop, however, given the fact that I live with my parents (which probably won't change for a few months because the most they'll charge for rent is $400 a month), and my room layout, a desktop is not an option. I wouldn't have a place to put it in my room, and anything outside of my room instantly becomes family property, which I don't want.

Two younger brothers, one of them's a freshman that's nearly bricked 1 of my personal laptops because he wanted to play Minecraft, and almost bricked another trying to "jailbreak" (his term) his Android.

>>33638004
My idea is less of "create something incredible that has playability beyond 5 minutes" and more of "create something that's mildly impressive and checks the 'this person has an idea of what their doing' box that's on the EA and BioWare job requirements", although, knowing me, I'll fail at that.

I participated in a program where I went to Daybreak Games with a few fellow students, and they helped us make a playable game, so I have a small idea of what goes on behind the scenes. I understand, however, that what I learned/did there was but a fraction of what goes on - it was basically a gamejam.

>>33638010
I need my sheckles
>>
>>33638058
>here's one cherry-picked anecdote
>it is representative of every instance of situations similar to it
wew lad
>>
>>33637983
Thanks senpai. Better answer than I was expecting. But when you talk about shit wearing out are you talking about the receivers themselves or the internals? I guess I'll figure it out one way or another.
>>
>>33637923
>>33638004
>THINK WAY FUCKING SMALLER
this.

look at the stuff vlambeer is putting out.
nothing terribly complicated, but good gameplay.
>>
File: smug animuu face.jpg (71KB, 442x304px) Image search: [Google]
smug animuu face.jpg
71KB, 442x304px
>>33638058
Sure thing pal. Sure thing. Also, you don't have to be a boomer to know you're retarded
>born in 90
Checkmate.
>>
>>33638058
You're basically working off the same mentality that people use for winning the lottery.

You are not going to make a full scale game on your first attempt, and trying to do so is going to lead to your project collapsing under it's own weight.
>>
>>33637925
Also, but desu, I do want to make a 3D game

>>33637970
I put those ideas into my head and I refuse to give the liberals anything to complain about when it comes to guns.

>>33638086
Thanks for the advice, anon!
>>
>>33638065
>My idea is less of "create something incredible that has playability beyond 5 minutes" and more of "create something that's mildly impressive and checks the 'this person has an idea of what their doing' box that's on the EA and BioWare job requirements", although, knowing me, I'll fail at that.

You know what makes a good portfolio piece? A small, but tightly made game. A larger meandering game that is empty and has flaws does nothing but emphasize the negative aspects.

Also creating a very small game means that if you are actually decent and learning, you will be able to pump out multiple small games in multiple genres and art styles. See how that looks way fucking better to a company?
>>
>>33638089
I am not >>33638058

I am
>>33637729
>>33637778
>>33637923
>>33638065
>>33638095

I don't think I'll strike it rich. My hope is to make something that'll let me enter the field of programming careers without getting a costly, overly competitve, and, frankly, boring degree in computer science.

If I don't manage to do that, well, it's off to college I go.

It's good to have experince, though, right?

>>33638144
You've got a point.
>>
>>33638081
>PC games revenue to hit $42 billion in 2020
indie gaming is the new hotness
the kid already know enough code to get his feet wet.
he can pump out a couple of games in his 20s, make a little scratch, go back to school in his 30s then hop into a dev job with a degree and 10 years experience.

>>33638085
fuck firearms at 18, you'll have enough money to buy whatever you want in your late 20s.
>>
>>33638085
Both. Cheap recievers got shitty tolerances a lot of times. Stuff that ought to not be rattling around is, it increases wear on the reciever and the internals.

Plus stuff thats too cheap is that way because corners were cut. Corners being cut either means cheaper matierials or less precision in shaping them, or even both at once.

Converseley you can only really get so much performance out of an AR before you move into customizing it for very specific purposes for little practical gains beyond just being able to say yours is special.

The main things you need to get right:
1: good upper-lower fit
2: barrel on the upper is of decent quality and fit to the upper properly
3: internals like trigger group, hammer, buffer, etc etc all fit properly with decent tolerances. (When you shake is shit shouldnt rattle around on a brand new rifle, when clean and lubricated you shouldnt feel anything scraping when you work the action, it should be smooth)
4: a decent trigger. Doesnt gotta be match grade, or some crazy high tech hi dollar rig, but the trigger ought to be comfortable and consistent
>>
>>33638169
>PC games revenue to hit $42 billion in 2020
>indie games is the major source of that revenue
you're wewing my lads
>>
>>33638065
>I feel that on an almost spiritual level.
All right, then, go for an older workstation laptop. Not ideal, but will actually serve you since they're built for constant heavy loads.
>>
>>33638199
I'm done with this off topic mess. We got some very optimistic people here who think it's the 1990s where a little bit of coding equals instant cash.

I've met probably a first time dev dozen people in person who are convinced that they are creating the next WOW/CODkiller game and it just doesn't materialize. It's hopeless to steer the discussion away from the dream because they just act like you're a Debbie Downer and they are going to be the next John Carmack.
>>
>>33638199
Indie game devs who actually make money are like youtube lets-players. Yeah theres a pewdie-pie here and there raking in 300k a year.

For every one of them theres about 600,000 guys making 15,000 a year copying them.

For that 600,000 theres 20 million uploading stupid lets-play clones to youtube desperatley hoping to have that mystical "it" that gets them E-famous with a big revenue stream.

Its jumping into the ocean with 20 million other people looking for a handful of pearls. Some guys will get lucky, and theres stuff you can do to increase your odds, but in the end its really just gambling.
>>
>>33638182
Needs more tit pics
>>
>>33636544
Who is that semen demon?
>>
>>33638238
Agreed, Definiteley a meme that needs to die. Back in the 90's my mom bought a persoal computer and spent 6 months learning to use it.

By luck the company she worked at bought a bunch of computers for the first time later that year and it quickly became apparent nobody but her knew how to use them. They promoted her to head of IT and bumped her pay up 2 or 3 levels and now instead of being a receptionist she was getting paid to teach 55 year old corporate officers how to send Emails and print stuff.

Now-days that doesnt happen. IT has become a bottomless pit of despair that feasts upon the souls and finances of those conned into taking out college loans thinking its a lucrative career.

Programmers gotta compete with xi cho and yen li in china for who can do the job for the lowest wages and expenses in the shortest amount of time.
>>
>>33638864
From smash to trash in one post
>>
>>33638864
Can you repeat that, but in English this time?
>>
>>33638864
I have no idea what half this post means. I knew I would become old and out of touch, but I just didn't think it would happen so suddenly.
>>
>>33636544
>QTDDTOT
I'm new to rifles and still fairly new to guns in general.
Can someone explain to me what is meant by a "twist rate"?
Like I understand that it is the ratio of full rotations of rifling per distance in inches.
But what does a difference in twist rate actually do (Obviously beside that the bullet spins faster)?

Like if I was to get a 1:8 vs a 1:10 what would be the difference in the guns assuming identical barrel length?

Does the faster spin give better precision/distance/stability/etc?
Does the difference become negligible/greater when using particular loads?
>>
>>33638910
Im 21 and didnt understand what was being said

jesus christ
>>
>>33638910
Its not just you,
that poster is either mildly retarded
or just ghetto
>>
>>33638864
>[unintelligible]
>>
>>33638922
http://www.nssfblog.com/firstshotsnews/the-truth-behind-twist-rates/
Depends on the: Bullet, powder, shape of bullet, barrel lenght, barrel consistency, barrel weight, harmonics, ambient temperature in Gary Indiana, etc.
>>
>>33638934
I think it's the beginnings of a pidgin English, kind of like what you find in Belize.
>>
>>33636544
2/10 camel toe. would pimp for smokes.
>>
File: 1466904844559.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466904844559.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
Trying to finish an 80% Glock and buying the barrel/slide/parts separately seems to cost way more than together. Anyone know where I can get a good price for a complete G17 Gen3 upper? Found one on Ghost Guns for $439 but want to see if I can get a better deal
>>
>>33639001
>unga binga chomba
>chomba chomba...
>ing bad wumba!
>>
>>33639001
They really should have just kept the old captcha, I'm almost certain that being forced to read meant at least drooling retards like this couldn't post
>>
File: 1489975688800.jpg (139KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1489975688800.jpg
139KB, 1368x1026px
>>33639001
>>
>>33638885
>>33638938
>>33639001
>>33639029
Fake red hair is the best indicator of a chick being a whore. Literally 100% accuracy.
>>
>>33639029
> Claims to be Mexican
> uses 'check your privilege'

Hombre my ass. You're probably some bored Korean kid. Nice pictures though.
>>
>>33639059
German Schnitzel. Will blow your mind. No idea where you'll find it stateside though.
>>
>>33639091
this is the kind of whore we find raped n beaten to death or od'd shoved into a dumpster or washed up on the beach

puberty at 13, gets fucked by tons of hombres till adulthood then has kids and gets killed or becomes a stripper, kids repeat process
>>
File: Frigg.png (32KB, 371x349px) Image search: [Google]
Frigg.png
32KB, 371x349px
>>33639095
I bet if you go to one of those "German Festival" type events you might find some somewhat authentic stuff there but it's a bit of a crap shoot.
>>
Building a retro AR. Which manufacturer's LPK is best for the naval jelly trick? The spare LPK I had came out way, way too light when I tried on it.

Also, where can I find a no tick safety?
>>
>>33639114
They never put horseradish in the breading and they often serve American cole slaw instead of real cabbage, vinegar, and paprika.

Don't even get me started on the potatos.
>>
>>33639168
I really want to know, whats wrong with the potatoes?

And I have been to a few events where there are some old Germans who live in the states running the stands, so I just assumed they made it authentic but I guess that won't be everyplace
>>
>>33636544

Can I just buy a Vepr 12 non folding stock and put it in a ACE adapter ?
>>
>>33639184
German potato salad is the simplest fucking dish imaginable. You slice up and boil potatoes, mix up whole seed mustard with oil, and mix. If you can make a bowl of cereal, you can do it.

Yet you will never see this. Ever. Instead it is potatoes and mayo, sometimes with celery. I do not know why this happens.
>>
>>33639240
btw I can't find her fb anymore
>>
>>33638182
name pls
>>
>>33639300
>She's not dumb tho
I would best thousands of dollars otherwise
>>
>>33637923
Wait a minute, you can program in C++, C#, and Java, but you can't figure out HTML? I call bullshit.
HTML is hands down the simplest language to learn.
>>
>>33639313
Oh the irony.
>>
>>33639338
That would be because it's document markup and not a programming language.
>>
>>33639340
He got you with the subtle b8 m8
>>
>>33639338
I mean, it's not a language, but yeah, I agree with you. No one is that fucktarded that programs in java,
>>
>>33639095
>>33639114
>>33639168
>>33639184
>>33639267
>schnitzel
>potato salad

Y'all niggas are doing Germany wrong.
Currywurst and Döner Kebab
>>
>>33639362

HUURR I WAS ONLY PRETENDING

>>33639300
Only ghetto bitch I would dick down, always wanted to
>>
File: Attach673_20170413_223842.jpg (50KB, 768x397px) Image search: [Google]
Attach673_20170413_223842.jpg
50KB, 768x397px
Kind of a fucked up question. Inherited gun, hasn't been shot for over 30 years until today (function check after restoration), and I have a "scope" that will work. Keep it clean, or add scope?

Pic related, clean.
>>
File: 1475332242762.jpg (20KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1475332242762.jpg
20KB, 480x451px
>>
>>33639395

looks like any fudds .22
scope dat shit
>>
File: Attach672_20170413_221052.jpg (51KB, 768x397px) Image search: [Google]
Attach672_20170413_221052.jpg
51KB, 768x397px
>>33639395
And scope. It's a Tasco 4x15, about $15 all told.

Thoughts?
>>
>>33639426
Here's the problem with scoping it: it uses some shit called tip-off mounts, around 11mm size.

Actually, the scope is someone's throwaway airsoft/air rifle scope.
>>
>>33639237
I don't think you can. I've got one and it doesn't use the standard AK rear trunnion, it's literally part of the entire rear trunnion, so you'd have to find one of the older VEPR12's to do it, so yes and no
>>
How do I make this meme a reality?

I swear I saw some guy at the range shooting a revolver that looked pretty fucking similar. I don't think it was a top break though.
>>
File: Screech.png (295KB, 644x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screech.png
295KB, 644x480px
>>33639388
>Doner Kebab
>KEBAB
>>
>>33639388
> Discussing comfort food
> Anon starts talking about what he ate in the Frankfurt airport

You could at least mention the leberkase if you wanted something quick.
>>
>>33639444
because its a small caliber i dont think airshit parts with break with that, and off center scopes aren't abnormal, look at a POSP for aks
>>
File: 1367116318013.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1367116318013.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
>>33639002
>>
>>33639481
It's too late, anon. They already exported Vertz Kebab to the states. They lasted only six months before they somehow turned into Chipotle though.

Your American blandness was just too powerful.
>>
>>33639500
It costs money to be a felon anon, you could try getting your gun rights back.
>>
>>33639514
>Everyone who builds a gun is a felon

I'm under 21, anon, and private sales have been cancer for me so far so I'd rather just build the damn thing
>>
>>33639477
slabside revolvers
>>
>>33639477
You could buy a reproduction top break and pay out the ass for a gunsmith to add all the unnecessary bullshit
>>
>>33639580
Oops. didn't see the barrel.
>>
>>33636544
Could you image if you were her?

The rest of you life constantly being hit on by guys always wanting nothing more then to fuck you over and over. Even if sex feels good a vast majority of the chads pushing themselves on you would be disgusting or just complete assholes you would hate to have inside you.

Everything you do is irrelevant compared to your body. Any accomplishment is contributed to the shape of your ass or sizer of your tits.
>>
>>33636544
More fat pussy plox
>>
>>33639667
I've seen enough hot sluts who were also destitute to remain skeptical of such lifestyles being the norm.
>>
Would hunting in CADPAT be a good idea, bad, or just kind of neutral?
>>
>>33639810
Isn't it legally required to wear orange in some places? Also most animals don't see color well, just patterns IIRC
>>
Assuming two cartridges with the same powder charge, same bullet weight, same everything except for bullet diameter, are fired from otherwise identical guns, would the larger caliber bullet travel faster, because there's more room for powder to burn in the barrel?
>>
File: 1469376656712.png (15KB, 278x510px) Image search: [Google]
1469376656712.png
15KB, 278x510px
>>33636544
>>33638182
>>
>>33640388
probably slower because more drag, the powder burns pretty damn fast regardless
>>
File: 1490657509024.jpg (507KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490657509024.jpg
507KB, 1100x900px
what's a good average price for used USP45 compact?
I see one for a two tone for $800~
>>
>>33640388
No, because you're taking one dimension of measurement and trying to put that into 3 dimensions.

Same powder charge in different volumes and different calibers turns into different surface area for pressure to be applied and for friction to repel in the barrel, and volume of the barrel (further affecting the expansion) differs with every millimeter as compared to the other one.

AND THEN, there's the whole bullshit about surface area of the goddamn powder grains.

So, short answer...one would travel "FASTER" than the other.

Long answer, I hope to God you're good at fucked up math.
>>
>>33639427
If that's the scope I would try it without first. I had one on a marlin 60 and it was frustrating to use well.
>>
>>33640658
If you have experience, what's the best zeroing distance with this caliber in a rifle?

I've never owned or used a .22
>>
File: 1490215265521.jpg (468KB, 1050x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1490215265521.jpg
468KB, 1050x1119px
>>33637729
Never, EVER, buy a gaming laptop.
They're a fucking meme, overexpensive for what they can do, and their just too fucking big, heavy, and power hungry to be an effectively transportable laptop.

Best thing to do is build a desktop for gaming, and buy some cheap-ass used but good laptop for mobile use.

My $1000 computer took 2 months to buy, as I built it over 2 months as different parts went on sale, but it would've been $1500 without sales.

$2000 is enough for 2 computers, one better for gaming, one a managable laptop, and a gun.
>>
>>33638004
>>33637923
Games design is like trying to fit a gallon of good ideas into a half-gallon carton.

Remember to be realistic...
>>
>>33638161
Have you done any fucking programming? If you haven't, don't dive into a CS field. I got 3 years into a degree before I found out how hard it was, and how much I just couldn't be fucked to do it. I had no passion for it, and I guess I should have done some programming (beyond HTML) before I entered university to see how I felt.

It's also better to have a degree because it can allow you to get other jobs unrelated to your field of study. It's kind of like a badge that potential employers look for because it means you were able to buckle down and get through it.

I'm begging you anon, unless your really fucking lucky, like lottery winning lucky, you aren't really gonna get into the middle class without a degree. There are very few jobs that don't require a college or technical school degree, and also can bring in a healthy living.

Take a look at community colleges, they're a great place to cheaply earn general credits and figure out what you want to study before you transfer to a university.

Trust me, you don't want to have to be in college for 5 years, that shit gets old and fucking expensive.
>>
File: 1491542627586.jpg (163KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491542627586.jpg
163KB, 1080x1080px
>>33638058
Wow 1 out of 7,000,000,000

I'm sure you'll be the next one!
>>
>>33640694
I have a marlin 60 and a cz trainer. The marlin has a sight similar to yours and is a pain to adjust, so I zero at 25 yards. 22lr tends to drop like a stone and with most ammo this zero will have impacts 1inch high at 50 yards and 1 inch low at 100. I zeroed the tasco at 50 yards because that's where I was setting targets. I had see through rings so if I did it again with a better scope I would probably still keep the 25 yard zero on the irons. The cz has and adjustable tangent like you see on a mauser or ak and is simple to adjust on the fly.
>>
>>33640770
disregard that I suck cocks. Looking at some drop tables you should zero at 25 or 50 and estimate at least an inch of drop per 10 yards after that.
>>
>>33637729
Nigga, you gonna need to learn how many bills you need to pay.
At minimum:
>rent
>electricity
>water
>gas (if not, even more electricity)
>internet (you can drop this if you go somewhere with free wifi every time you browse)
>phone (you need at least a basic cell in this age)
>car (go to /o/ to learn how to buy a cheap car and not get fucked)
>car gasoline
>car insurance (required by law)
>food
>savings in case something fucks up (car repairs, medical costs will just fuck you)

After all that, any remaining money should be put to a NORMAL laptop
>something that can do internet and basic word processing/

Gun and videogames are both expensive hobbies, and you're gonna have to work up the economic ladder to get to a point where you can support even a one of them. The fastest way to do that is college. Get a degree, and a huge number of well-paying jobs with good benefits will open up to you, even ones that don't match you degree field (80% of degree holders don't work in that field).

If you take it slow, balance your income, grind through school, and do a lot of research before purchases or to learn how to do something yourself, you can stretch your cash out, and have a way greater quality of life compared to most people in your income bracket.

Best of luck anon.
>>
>>33639061
Also if they drive a mazda 3
>>
>>33638463
>o into geology
>lots of jobs
>great pay
>outside/inside
>field important to national security
>>
>>33640722
>>33637729
The only true reason you should buy a gaming laptop is if your job constantly requires you to travel (lightly) and you basically have no stable location. IE Military, tech rep, government contractor, etc.

You have to remember no matter how "portable" a gaming PC is, it's going to pretty much be tethered to a wall if you actually want to use it for gaming. It is better to think of them as a portable "All-in-One" desktop, because between the weight, size and power requirements your going to be treating them as such when you use it.

Building your own PC is vastly cheaper for the same equipment for better cooling and capability. If you want it portable then you can do small form factor builds on about a mico-ATX level and still do a very decent machine that is fairly portable and only truly leaves you restricted by finding a local Monitor(Tv) to plug into.

I personally am Military and have a full retard laptop right now that is pretty much un-needed as I am currently in a set location until late 2018. It's a hold over from my previous 2 commands. I have a damn good water cooled Desktop that unfortunately took a hit getting shipped to my current location and I havn't bothered fixing it due to Laptop currently being better stats wise. Pretty much though, Laptop itself is 13 lb's, then it has TWO power bricks that converge into one (each about 5 lb's) so when I go back to the states to visit family I lug around about 20lb's of just Laptop with me.

>>33640836
Yeah... get a sustainable base as this Anon has said then worry about nice things. Think it was probably 2 years after joining military that I built my own "decent" computer for gaming (had a basic laptop until then) and then about another 2 years after that before I started purchasing firearms.
>>
>>33640758
I have done programming. I'm nowhere near the level of a CS graduate yet - I have about a year of programming experince in C# and C++ and like 8 years in Processing - but I can make a fairly rudimentary bot AI. I enjoy the feel of coding and I work to be better nearly every day.

BioWare and EA both have an item in their job requirements list that basically says "we'll hire you if you're a high school graduate that can point to a decent gameplay feature you programmed/made by yourself". That's what I'm hoping for.

>>33640732
I understand that.

>>33640836
Parents for a few months until I either get a real job or go to college - it's about $400 a month (depends on what my parents want to negotiate for) and I get a place to live, food, phone, internet, and so on. Don't have the ability to drive at the moment - life got hectic and my learners permit expired before I got the hours in.

My hope is that my career is in video games or guns. Going for something in Computer Science because I have no idea what I need to do to work for big-name arms manufacturers.

>>33640870
I might have to travel, don't have a place for a desktop, and I routinely hauled around a 30 lb laptop from 2004. Weight is not a concern.

Thanks for all the advice!
>>
Should I buy a 7.62 Nagant Revolver?
>>
>>33642154
If that's the case then I'de save up for a MSI laptop if you really want to go that route, lil expensive but you can upgrade them on the fly and they normally have upgrade/trade in programs when next gen models come out. That's how I am rocking a full retard SLI-024 right now as I paid semi-retard price couple years ago and managed a decent trade in/upgrade price to get a hell of a lot better machine. I am still also slotted 1 more gen upgrade when the next program comes out.
>>
>>33642434
Thanks for the suggestion!

I was looking at MSIs because they got that sexy 17" screen and they're not AlienWare.
>>
File: 9mm-ammo.jpg (12KB, 380x220px) Image search: [Google]
9mm-ammo.jpg
12KB, 380x220px
Here's a question that doesn't deserve it's own thread:

Is it worth it right now to trade 9mm for 45 or 5.56/.223?

I have 4,600rds of 9mm, Sellier Bellot, Federal American Eagle and PMC. I haven't bought ammo in years so I'm not up on the prices/scarcity. I no longer have a 9mm, all my guns shoot 45 or 5.56/.223 now. Would I be getting a decent or fair trade? How much should I ask for in return?
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x960px
What .22lr/mag switchable revolver should I buy?
Preferably sub 300$ used
>>
>>33636544
What does /k/ think about Sportsman's Guide? I might buy a pistol from there in the future, and I've heard good things about the EAA Tangfolio Witness. Any recommendations on that too?
>>
>>33643226
I've heard good things about the Heritage Rough Rider. If you aren't quite that cheap go Ruger.
>>
>>33640770
>>33640820
Thanks for that. Also, I started looking at ballistic charts after you mentioned it. Apparently, I need to pick a specific kind of ammo and stick with it, too. The ballistic variance is insane.
>>
>>33643587
inside 50 yards with open sights it really doesn't matter what ammo you are using to set your zero unless you are swinging down to hot-shit 32gn. any deviation due to ammo types will be overshadowed by variance due to your ability
>>
Can anyone vetted answer me this
In theory burst weapons are supposed to be extremely efficient and versatile, but in life they seem not to be, why is this? What if you change the number of rounds used in a burst ( 2 round burst/ 4 round burst) do you think that would make it more attractive? Is there some universal problem with burst guns , some major design flaw?
>>
Have a question to the 1911 enthusiasts. Recently acquired a Norinco 1911a1 and read they commonly have improperly fitted barrels. How do these lugs look? Trying to determine if this is early signs of peening and I should take it to a smith for a new barrel
>>
File: 20170414_150042.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_150042.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>33644640
Might help if I attached photo
>>
File: 20170414_150113.jpg (1MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_150113.jpg
1MB, 4032x2268px
>>33644651
>>
File: IMG_20170414_152851308_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170414_152851308_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>33636544
What's a good or average price for a MCU-2A/P?
>>
>>33644565
I'm nearly noguns but fuck it I've done a bit of reading on this. The consensus seems to be that burst does all the same shit as full auto, but gives you less control and firepower should you need it. It makes the trigger more complex than FA/SA, and was only used by the US military to discourage hip fire spray and pray. So if you can't train your troops it might be a good idea, but outside of that no way.
>>
What's the over/under on these filters actually working? I only might need them to protect me against tear gas.
https://www.keepshooting.com/polish-mc-1-gas-mask.html
>>
Do munitions have an expire date?
I'm thinking particularly of the following:
1- MOABs
2- All kinds of conventional missiles (hellfires, sidewinders, GBUs, unguided rockets, cruise and ballistic missiles)
3- 20mm
>>
File: 89115_full.jpg (25KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
89115_full.jpg
25KB, 1000x708px
>>33646286
I'm leary of any gas masks that are old and possibly stored in hot warehouse conditions. At that price though you could take the gamble and test it yourself. Would suck to buy and need it only to figure out you wasted your money
>>
File: ORD_Hydra-70_Rocket_Collage_lg.jpg (22KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
ORD_Hydra-70_Rocket_Collage_lg.jpg
22KB, 288x288px
>>33646625
Some of the solid propellants have use-by dates. I've had to manually remove them from 2.75 inch rockets similar to pic related.

Some of the weapons with built in-batteries like certain sub munitions also have use-by dates. Other battery powered or fueled munitions need batteries or fuel swapped out by a certain date.

Mostly though it's less about hard dates and more about how they were stored and if you can verify the conditions were good. If you can't, or if you start shooting rounds from a certain lot or storage point and they all are duds, you just destroy the whole batch.

An example of how storage affects simple munitions would be thermite grenades. If their storage involves extreme temperature changes over time all the thermite clumps together and you end up with a giant HE firecracker instead of a properly burning incendiary grenade.

20mm and other sealed projectiles are pretty much good unless they have been subjected to a lot of moisture or open air storage. Sealed containers are good functionally indefinitely.
>>
>>33646839
That sounds awesome dude.
How long are we talking about here, when you're refering to ude-by dates I mean?
>>
>>33647139
Years. Usually a decade minimum.

There is C4 from the 1970s still in circulation. Same deal with vintage LAW rockets still being used to this day.
>>
>>33647314
Any idea how to determine the storage conditions and how deteriorated the end result is?
>>
i'm going to buy a VEPR soon, which should i get, the 12g, 7.62x54r, or .308?
>>
File: 1491959656547.jpg (44KB, 517x396px) Image search: [Google]
1491959656547.jpg
44KB, 517x396px
>>33642444
>>33642154
It''s good that you enjoy the programming and have some experience. CS probably is a good fit for you then.

I'm gonna warn you tho, I've heard game dev is hell if you aren't indie (and sometimes even when you are).

Long hours, poor pay (for the hours), and unfulfilling.

It may sound like I'm a downer, but I'm just speaking from experience. The upside of CS is that it's a fast growing, well paying, and nationwide field, so you can basically live and do what you want. There are so many fucking jobs out their of all different shapes and sizes that my freedom boner starts throbbing. CS is a fantastic field to go into, but game design is almost always something you want to do in your free time, or after you've saved up some cash from another degree job.

Please, for the love of god, don't buy a gaming laptop. I ain't met someone who didn't regret it.
Gaming laptop pros:
>pretty
>powerful

Cons:
>weak (for what you pay for)
>hard to replace parts/expensive parts & repairs, difficult repauirs
>big
>hot (gonna cuck your parts)
>heavy
>power hungry (you gonna have shit battery life or gonna lug that power brick everywhere)
>all nvidia XXXXm discrete graphics cards are actually the equivalent of the non mobile version of the previous generation (ie 870m = 770)
>embarassing in public
>niggas gonna see that and want to take it

I beg of you, listen to >>33640722 and >>33640722

Do the research, and you can find fantastic laptops with fantastic prices that you will be very happy with, you just need to put the time in. I love doing it (part of the reason I went into CS), so I can give you some recommendations, tips, warnings, and places to start if you want.

Buying on desires is gonna cuck you, but a little time can stretch out that moolah and make you look rich compared to people earning similar incomes at your age.

When it comes to jobs at your age and experience, shop around at the local places, and avoid chain stores to get better pay.
>>
>>33643168
Ammo prices are going down faster than your mother.

You may want to trade bretty soon, or wait for the market to stabilize and rise when are the whorders are done panic selling.
>>
>>33648082
Oh shit, that duplicate link is supposed to be >>33640870
>>
>>33647362
It's a crapshoot gamble. Originally could of been in a polish warehouse since first year of manufacture, or could of been shared with an allied nation and stored in worse conditions, or surplus sold off to a commercial interest and stored in some shit storage in Lithuania for years before being transported (crushed while shipped) in a freighter, then mishandled by the people unloading the crate or left in the shipping container for months cooking, etc. Unless you can physically inspect it's a gamble. So unless they have a handpick upcharge or sold by a dealer you trust..... might as well pass or buy multiple hoping one actually works.
>>
This one's for the veterans: if I bought a Colt M45A1 and carried it/took it to classes/trained with it/etc. would any veterans think it's weird like I'm trying to be a Marine? I've never served in any capacity, just a regular civilian. Would they look at it and think it's like stolen valor or something? The newer ion bond ones don't say "USMC" on the slide anymore I don't think (see pic). Or what about the MK25?
>>
File: IMG_6559.jpg (17KB, 1000x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6559.jpg
17KB, 1000x208px
Mossberg 590 on sale for $300 right now, is this a good deal? I already have a 500 I don't really use, but I could pretty easily flip it for what I paid at $200.

While I don't really shoot shotguns, I like having one in the collection.
>>
>>33648877
No. Literally nobody would care about either. Even if somebody did ask just say you got a deal on it. If anybody tries to take it beyond that they're a garbage person and you can disregard them.
>>
Can you remove the rearsight on an M9?
>>
>>33649478
Yes, front sight of the m9 & 92fs is part of the slide. However select police version FS have dovetail cuts and trijicon sights installed
>>
>>33649600
Gotcha thanks.
>>
My 03 FFL just came in the mail. I know ive got to keep record, can i just use a regular notebook or should i get something fancier?

Im pretty sure its just the regular stuff, make, model, serial, date acquired, where its from
>>
Condition 1 or 3 for conceal carrying a 1911?
>>
>>33636544
Already asked in the gearquer thread but you know how helpful those huge faggots are

Anyone have experience with these Duluth Trading company pants.
>>
File: Untitled.png (207KB, 454x318px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
207KB, 454x318px
what program is this?
>>
What would be a good projectile weight/s for a 24" 1 in 10 twist .308?
Thinking 168gr or 175gr.
>>
>>33652256
OnTarget Shooting
>>
>>33647362
You are supposed to do regular inspections. With mundane munitions, it's once a month. You do inventory and check storage conditions and write it off.

Those monthly records are kept running. If there is a gap, you have to make some extra inspections. If the gap is too long or the paperwork is too spotty, it's no-go.

Also,Quality Assurance Specialist Ammunition Surveillance (QASAS) are inspectors who will spot check or check on problematic munitions storage points. If they determine storage conditions are not up to par, it may end with the munitions being destroyed.

An example I have is a foreign military who had munitions stored in a joint US run ammunition storage point just "finding" a conex full of 40mm grenades from the 1980s. The conex had holes in it which had let some environmental leakage in and the munitions had no paperwork. Since it was a US run ammunition point, US made the call (not like the foreign military disagreed on the issue) and we blew up literal tons of 40mm grenades.
>>
File: 2017-04-15 12.48.53.png (314KB, 1080x999px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-15 12.48.53.png
314KB, 1080x999px
Does this statement have any merit or is it bullshit?
>>
>>33654051
Closed bolts are generally a bit more accurate because you don't have the whole mass of the bolt shifting the gun right at the moment of firing.

I'm not sure how much of an effect it has on full auto fire, but it is a factor.
>>
>>33654408
That's what I thought but I was also thinking of the actual accuracy of the bullets being able to hit the same spot each time.
>>
>>33654051
100% factually correct.

HOW MUCH more accurate than an open bolt depends a LOT on the mass of the bolt and the velocity with which it closes, but it can potentially be significant if we're talking a several-pounds bolt like in a GPMG (but at which point the benefits of open-bolt outweigh the loss in accuracy).
>>
File: 1489710273322.jpg (123KB, 614x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1489710273322.jpg
123KB, 614x1230px
>>33654462
>That's what I thought but I was also thinking of the actual accuracy of the bullets being able to hit the same spot each time.
>>
>>33649044
pretty good
>>
>>33636544
Two, 2, questions! Ha ha.

>why can't I watch Full30 videos? Do I need to log in or be on a PC?

>what was OP's picture?
It was already deleted when I got here.
>>
>>33647849
Bumping this.
>>
>>33650954
>cargo pants
>>
When going through the employment process for a cities police department, how much online information do they get about you?
I deleted my facebook account in 2013, would they be able to get it somehow?

Also anything to know about the polygraph?
>>
anyone know of a gunsmith in PA that fixes top break revolvers?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-15-16-18-30.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-15-16-18-30.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>33655428
I can only halfway help.

https://desuarchive.org/k/thread/33636544/
>>
File: vash2.jpg (42KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
vash2.jpg
42KB, 700x400px
>>33639477
>>
File: tmp_7139-14859931330762085560185.jpg (197KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7139-14859931330762085560185.jpg
197KB, 1024x1820px
>>33655839
Thanks for the help. So, unfortunately, she seems to be undesirable as a whole. And the guys who was posting her here seems to want to be a woman so he can fuck his way through life...

This is how I know we're not all exactly the same, like fucking wow dude.

I would probably get along real fine with picrelated though, not saying life partner. Just saying that compared to the hotter but more insane criminal, I would prefer the just slut pornstar.
>>
This is the thicc poster.
>>
>>33655428
Why the fuck won't the video load?
>>
Just got an IWB holster with a leather frame. How long will the leather take to loosen up and conform to your body?

Secondly, I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds. Should I wait until I lose some weight before I start using my holster everyday?
>>
Where the fuck did Karl even come from?

He's literally new as fuck, but feels like an old part.

What was he before we all knew him through gunjesus.
>>
File: flamethrower.jpg (111KB, 1022x589px) Image search: [Google]
flamethrower.jpg
111KB, 1022x589px
Would it be okey-dokey to open carry a flamethrower?
>>
>>33656473
>how long
A few weeks to properly conform

>should I wait
Well....wearing it until you're used to it will help conform the leather. It can also be your goalpost. Your choice, really. I personally recommend it.
>>
File: UPkrYhX.jpg (160KB, 1024x2048px) Image search: [Google]
UPkrYhX.jpg
160KB, 1024x2048px
>>33656604
Do it fagit
>>33656479
He was an organizer of shooting matches, as they've said many times. Also probably a fat fuck. It takes many years of videos for their personal lives to slowly be revealed, and only recently have anons stalked Ian's family.
>>
>>33656604
Please don't fuck shit up.
>>
>>33656645
Thanks. I'll compromise: I'll wear it a couple days a week until I hit my goal.
>>
>>33656011
Who is pic related?
>>
>>33648082
Alright, thanks!

I would like a little help - what do you have for me with them tips, tricks, warnings, recommendations, and places to start?
>>
File: Hoppes_1.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hoppes_1.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>33636544
I spilled a bunch of Hoppes 9 on my desk.
How do I make this smell go away?
>>
Hey /k/ I just bought a Walther PPS M2 9mm for <$600. Did I do good?
>>
>>33658116
>M2
You fucked up.
>>
File: 1480820563429.jpg (244KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1480820563429.jpg
244KB, 608x1070px
>>33658116
no. even fucking cabelas has the base model for under 480. LE with glow sights and 3rd mag for 500. go return your pistol and buy some rope and wobbly stool.
>>
File: 1453793423285.jpg (79KB, 760x423px) Image search: [Google]
1453793423285.jpg
79KB, 760x423px
What sort of rifle is Trump holding in this picture?
>>
>>33658769
PTR.
>>
Is the Vortex Crossfire II a solid scope?
My .300 Win Mag Tikka destroyed my Nikon last week and I wanted a higher magnification anyway.

Wondering if I absolutely had to spend a fuckton on the scope since I remember hearing that even the cheap stuff from Vortex is decent.
>>
>tfw want to saw off and cut off stock of old breach loading shotgat am I allowed to do this somehow
>>
>>33659309
File a Form 1 with the ATF and register it as a Short Barreled Shotgun.

>>33658921
Get a Nightforce.
>>
>>33659599
>Get a Nightforce.
If I was rich as fuck I wouldn't have asked.
>>
>>33659656
Okay, just keep buying progressively more expensive scopes until you find something that doesn't snap in half when you mount it on a .300 Win Mag, then.
I'm sure you'll save a lot of money that way.
>>
>>33659689
Guess it's time to trade in my TIkka for a Vz 58 then.
>>
Will a CZ-75D fit in a P01 holster? They have identical trigger guards but very much dissimilar frames. I'm shopping for my first kydex holster and I'm not sure how important exact compatibility is between these two guns.
>>
>>33660109
Doubt it. With kydex, that kind of compatibility typically only exists with guns that are explicitly just different sizes of each other, like Glocks.
Try asking your holstermaker of choice instead.
>>
>>33644640
Does the lockup seem to be loose? Is the gun noticeably less consistent than it should be?

I only see surface wear, no peening. If there's a problem, go ahead and find a guy who has done a few 1911 barrels before. If the gun shoots as good as you can shoot it, don't worry about it.
>>
So I put Williams fire sight fiber optic sights on my 10/22 today. The front sight drifted out right to left, and the rear sight left to right. The rear sight would not go right to left, I checked.

Literally never heard of this. I already thought and heard that 10/22's were out left to right.

Has anyone seen this before?

Also these are very nice sights
>>
i was thinking about getting into hunting and trapping and i was wondering what people do with the deers and squirrels and raccoons and shit they kill. is there somewhere you can sell the hides and stuff online? i know people eat deer meat but what about raccoons, mink, otter, opossums, coyote, and other stuff do people eat those or what?
>>
>>33639388
neither of which are German.
>>
>>33639611
soooo, being a typical female. yeah, it must really suck being able to get whatever you want without actually being good at anything.
>>
>>33648877
I'd make fun of the faggy stars more than anything else.
>>
>>33639611
That's what women are for, though.
The highest accomplishment a well-adjusted woman should aspire to is raising good children and keeping her husband's household in order.
>>
>>33656604
legally, yes. except in states where they are b&.

Or where OC is b&.

Or into fireworks stands, while pumping gas, and possibly bars.
>>
>>33663148
>Or into fireworks stands, while pumping gas, and possibly bars.
Doubt it. Shouldn't be any different from carrying a lighter.
>>
>>33658921
.300 magnums are breddy brutal on glass.

you could try looking for a scope that is specifically advertised as magnum capable.
>>
>>33662859
there is a legitimate market for pelts. that is one reason why there are laws about trapping.

the fat/tallow can be used to make soap. you can sell the soap at farmers markets and shit.

occasionally, people buy mounted animals like art. ask your local taxidermist.
>>
>>33663158
try it and find out. post results.
>>
Never bought a gun online, but I want the Ruger gp100 match deal on buds. Will the lgs I ship to touch my gun? I don't want their dirty hands touching my shit...
>>
>>33663206
should i just throw the meat away or is it ok to feed to dogs or something?
>>
Want to buy a tt33, should I get 7.62 or one of those new zastava 9mm ones? Also is there any 9mm ones that can be compensated?
>>
File: 1472294090130.jpg (75KB, 617x603px) Image search: [Google]
1472294090130.jpg
75KB, 617x603px
How fucked would I be in this hypothetical situation:
>Live in Alaska
>selling something on Craigslist
>Carrying concealed
>go to meet buyer in parking lot or something
>Buyer pulls a gun and Robs me
>shoot him in the back when he turns around and goes to leave
Or
>shoot him when he gets in his car to leave
I've never done a Craigslist sale and I'm just concerned I'll get fucked by the law for defending myself and my stuff even though it is the freedomland Alaska.
>>
>>33663380
My only concern is if the animal was diseased or carrying worms or something
>>33663344
I dont think they open the box until you get there to do the paperwork on it, but they might
>>33663502
Why would you buy a TT and not get 7.62?
>>
File: 1466752660489.jpg (28KB, 436x435px) Image search: [Google]
1466752660489.jpg
28KB, 436x435px
>>33663502
Bumping for answer to this as well.
>>
>>33636544
What are the chances of getting fucked over by trying to buy a gun from someone on gunbroker from sellers who only want money orders? Does Gunbroker have any sort of buyer protection?
>>
>>33663551
When you go meet someone for a sale you're worried about, go meet at a police station parking lot. Or alternatively, any parking lot with lots of security cameras
>>
>>33663616
I was going to do the sale at like a Walmart during a crowded time but still stupid people do stupid things. I have do doubt there are a million people willing to pull a gun on you INSIDE a station too.
>>
>>33663654
there are walmarts in alaska? i always thought everyone up there just lived off the land like mountain men
>>
>>33663689
Lol. I live in Fairbanks and we have a Walmart superstore, a small and large Fred Meyer, Sam's club, and Safeway. All for a population of about 35000. Go to wasilla/Anchorage, and it's literally southern California: frosty edition with all that plus target, costco, malls, and really anything else you would come to expect on the west coast, just cold.
>>
>>33658096
help
>>
>>33663732
You don't. It is eternal. Now you go to Valhalla, Oily and slick
>>
>>33663726
damn that's more than what we have in rural mississippi. my town only has 3 stop lights and a regular walmart that closes at 8pm
>>
>>33663577
That's a good point. Was really just wondering what pros cons with either one function wise. Don't wanna buy one and spend double the price replacing parts or have a gun that is complete dogshit.
>>
>>33663761
Oh well.
I needed a new desk anyway.
>>
In theory, would I be able to de-pin this front sight block from the front bracket of the gas cylinder and switch it out with the front sight block I already have on my SKS? I have more pictures if one doesn't show enough.
>>
>>33663785
I assume it has to do with the tourism and military. There is an army base and air Force Base within 30 minutes of each other and I heard they hold something like 15k combined. Idk if they're included in the census but if they are that's almost 1/2 the population.
>>
>>33663898
What is the desk made from?
>>
>>33664021
Particle board, with a woodgrain decal that's mostly peeled off.
It's one of those cheap 24x48 tables with fold-up legs you can get at Office Depot, etc.
>>
>>33664116
If it's made it to the particle board you're screwed. If it's just on the laminate, you can probably use a strong degreaser.
>>
>>33663984
Desperate self bump
>>
Top break revolvers are inherently weaker, I got it, but is a .357 already too much for long time usage or not?
>>
>>33665266
Top break revolvers are the plainly superior design. It breaks my heart that they've gone nowhere, in favor of inferior swing cylinder designs.
>>
I live in CT where I can't buy a new AR, but my family owns property in other free states. Can I buy an AR in another state and just keep it there? Will a FFL sell an AR to a CT resident?
>>
http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/firearms/rimfire-rifles/bolt-action-rimfire-rifles%7C/pc/104792580/c/553829580/sc/105530580/i/105531480/savage-rimfire-combos/1788372.uts

Is this a good deal? The scope seems decent enough for .22, and there's a $30 rebate!
>>
Where do you buy new guns at the /k/ approved price?
I keep hearing about $300 Mossberg 500's on /k/, yet the ones at my lgs are $350 online plus $30 in-store markup/transfer plus tax, total around $420.
Then I hear about these $450 something gen3 glocks, only to find them at $590 at lgs and $550 at Cabela's, probably before tax.
Buy online and the transfer fee is $30 at lgs.
Do you all have great stores around or are you guys parroting prices from a decade ago?
>>
>>33668040
i buy all my guns on gunbroker/classic firearms/buds/the occasional pawn shop bargain. my ffl doesnt charge me anything but i generally will buy a box of bullets or something from them as a nice gesture when i go pick a gun up
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.