[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting a bolt action rifle left handed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: t3x_lite_adjustable.png (99KB, 1600x279px) Image search: [Google]
t3x_lite_adjustable.png
99KB, 1600x279px
Hello /k/,

I'm looking into buying my first bolt-action rifle. The problem here is that I'm a southpaw and I would like to know wether this might be an issue.
I am thinking of buying a Tikka T3x and I've come accross their left-handed version but it's a bit more expensive.

Thoughts ? Experience ?
>>
>>33636466
Buy the left handed one. Or stop being a dirty heathen.
>>
Who cares if it's more expensive? Save yourself the hassle imo.
>>
>>33636466
Buy the left handed version. Don't be a cheapskate.
>>
>>33636466
Right handed is fine just watch out for tanks
>>
>>33636466
Are you planning to hunt with it? If so, get a left handed one. Having the bolt digging into your body all day sucks, and off hand is always easier.

If it's just a range toy or you plan on doing precision shooting with it, then it doesn't matter as much.
>>
>>33636466
shoot right handed and thank us later. Won't be that awkward
>>
>>33636466
Dude, spend the money and get the leftie version, you'll thank yourself. You'll have more fun and perform better.

Working a bolt-action with your offhand can be done, but it'll always be a fair bit more cumbersome than using your dominant hand with a rifle suited for you.
>>
Mostly range shooting but some occasional hunting too.
>>
>>33636606
Stalking or stand?
>>
As a fellow southpaw it's cheaper and more rewarding to learn how to shoot right handed than to pay a premium for left handed guns.
>>
Stalking
>>
>>33636619
Actually, fuck it, doesn't matter. Pay the premium for the left handed action.

I didn't, and while I enjoy my bolt action, it's not really _my_ gun. Not to mention, I've had it for a lot longer than the hours I would have had to work to pay for the LH version.

TL;DR: Pay more now, but enjoy more over the entire life of the rifle.
>>
I have also seen several fancy techniques for southpaws to use right-handed bolt-action rifles, one of them involving the left hand travelling over the scope to move the bolt back. Any thoughts on this ?
>>
>>33636466
If they have a left handed version, but it. If they don't, just shoot it left handed anyways. It's not hard.
>>
>>33636466
stop being wrong
>>
>>33636466
Is the reason why you shoot left-handed because you're practically blind in your right eye, but not your left? If not, learn how to shoot right handed. It's not that hard.

t. left-handed person
>>
File: 1416458491170.png (330KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1416458491170.png
330KB, 414x499px
>>33636487
>>
>maybe an extra hundred bucks tops isn't worth a lifetime of mildly awkward inconvenience EVERY SINGLE TIME you cycle the action
stop being cheap faggot
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.