[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beretta 92

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Berreta 92.jpg (28KB, 597x403px) Image search: [Google]
Berreta 92.jpg
28KB, 597x403px
Is this a good gun?
>>
Yes, but there are better ones.
>>
>>33631585
Yes, but that one is ugly.
>>
>>33631585
The question "is X a good gun" will always be dependant on the intended use.
For duty/home defence, yes. I CC one and it is a bit of a chore. I will get a 92 compact at some point, but it is still a thick pistol.
>>
>>33631590
/thread
>>
I love my 92, but you definitely have to dress around it if you carry concealed. You can't carry it IWB, period, so you are stuck wearing a jacket or vest year round.

Remember: fishing vest getups scream "I AM CONCEALED CARRYING, SHOOT ME FIRST", so you essentially have to wear a suit or the like in the summer, unless you're fine open carrying.
>>
>>33631756
I IWB mine. I am 5'10 and about 165.
>>
File: IMG_0188.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0188.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33631756
>>33631647
Do you guys carry appendix or 4 o clock or what? I have 2 92s and need an iwb. I have 3 owb (one with light, one without, one with a paddle/serpa compatable thing). I used to summer carry my p230 but I can't find extra mags for it and it might be time to just safe that gun and use my 92 more often.
>>
>>33631788
I should clarify, I can't IWB my beretta 92 and have it be comfortable, unless you're aware of a holster that I'm not aware of.

>>33631905
I OWB at 4 o clock, and I wear a jacket. Considering that I have to wear a sport coat for my job anyway, it's not *that* hard to get away with.
>>
Will find out when my surplus 92s comes in tomorrow or saturday
>>
>>33631975
I do that pretty frequently, I'm a college kid so wearing a cheap blazer/sport coat looks not half bad on me and it can hide my entire Beretta so whats to complain about.

>>33631647
And this is an iwb isn't it?! Or you left handed?
>left handed
your a faggot
>>
>>33631905
>>33631975
Ah, I see. It is too long for me to carry IWBA comfortably, but I do it anyway. I carry mine in a Clinger holster, but I am looking at other options. The Clinger tends to push the grip out slightly, and I don't have much extra waist, so it can print if I am sloppy. I carry at 04:00 sometimes, but my times are slower that way and it still likes to grab my shirt.
>>
>>33632026
IWB just doesn't make sense to me when I can get away with wearing a jacket at almost all times. OWB at 4 o clock, FBI cant works just perfect if you're wearing a sport coat or suit, etc...
>>
>>33632064
It sounds like a perfect solution for you. I am not trying to criticize your carry choices. I am articulating mine.
Your OWB light holster, is that a JM Custom kydex one? I am looking into lights and will need a holster for that.
>>
>>33632138
If the threads not dead before I get home to my hard drive tonigth I'll post pics of my JM custom kydex. I have 2. both owb one with light the other without, they are for the 92g brig tac but work for my 92fs perfectly.
>>
>>33632138
I actually use one of the leather thumb-snap holsters that Beretta sells themselves.
>>
Does the 92s fit into any 92fs holster? I know the trigger guard is different so I thought i would ask.
>>
>>33632651
the SERPAs might give you some trouble as the retention mechanism clips to the trigger guard
>>
>>33632272
Thanks. My Vertec has the m9a1 style square trigger guard, and that can cause some issues with lvl 1 retention holsters. I would like to get away from the SLS I use on my duty belt.
>0.10 second splits : )
>0.85 second draws : (
>>
>>33632835
I don't touch that trash. If I want retention, I'll get Safariland.
>>
>>33633032
Serpas are ok for DA/SA guns. I agree that they are not a great choice for striker triggers. They are decent, cost effective holsters for range use.
>Inb4 stuck in holster
SLS and ALS can get jammed up as well.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.