[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the Finns have such accurate rifles compared to other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

Why do the Finns have such accurate rifles compared to other service rifles? The RK95TP is around 1 MOA with some of the rifles being below that.
>>
File: IMG_1386.jpg (957KB, 2285x1398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1386.jpg
957KB, 2285x1398px
>implying our guns aren't better
>>
>>33630591
Because they have a history of autistic devotion to rifle marksmanship, since back when they first gained independence about the only thing their army could afford to do was to shoot their rifles.

>>33630598
F
>>
>>33630591
because autistic standards,
>>
>>33630591
>accurate rifles compared to other service rifles
wrong. they just shoot match grade ammo. m4s will shoot damn good with 77gr match ammo too.
>>
>>33630631
Isn't the accuracy of AK-like rifles mostly in a high quality barrel and bolt, which I assume the RK's have?
>>
>>33630631
>m4s will shoot damn good with 77gr match ammo too.
Nope

But what you say is correct. Match ammo gives you a couple og moa less
>>
>be me
>be a finn in army
>last rangeday of service
>i shoot average scores
>but the guy next to me
>he shot good
>we shot at turning paper targets at 150m
>just as the target turns away the guy shoots
>splits the target right in the middle
>with a rk62tp from year -84
>this happens twice

If i hadn't witnessed it myself i propably wouldn't have believed it.
The accuracy comes down to good sights and before mentioned auristic standards
>>
Does Tengri bless their rifles?
>>
>>33630678
forgot to say it was with iron sights
>>
>>33630598
F
enjoy them while you can still have them
>>
>>33630646
no. it's mostly shit steel case ammo made by slavs. the rk is nothing magical, memelore aside. Saigas and other imported AKs group really good too when shot with Hornady/Fiochi/Lapua brass cased.

>>33630647
>every gun benefits from good ammo except the ones I don't like
kys
>>
>>33630591
Finns are fucking crazy.

See
>>33630614
>>
Finnish amry uses Lapua ammunition in everything except pkms which eat mosin food from tins.
>>
>>33630732
>>33630614
>F

Is this the new meme?

>Implying the EU gun laws will have a chance when we get a referendum.

Oh and guess what. The Fins and the Czechs are the ones that will get fucked properly by the EU.

Good luck with those RK95s, enjoy them while you can!
>>
>>33630591
Superior marksmanship comes imprinted in their mongol blood, the downside is slight autism in everything else they do
>>
>>33630837
if the eu shit gets passed the finnish government will file an exception for it since our nations defense is based on reservists training with their own guns
>>
>>33631019
Who cares about reservists with their rifles? You do know that Switzerland already has that exception, don't you?
>>
>>33631019
Also the EU shit ALREADY passed. Are you living in the past anon?
>>
>>33631047
what the hell are you blabbing about?
Also hunting is pretty big in finland so that helps too.
Don't think we're the same kind of cucks like the fags in southern europe
>>
>>33631058
i'm getting the feeling we're not on the same page here
>>
>>33631076
>http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/20170308IPR65677/parliament-approves-revised-eu-gun-law-to-close-security-loopholes

>>33631064
Nobody wants to ban hunting rifles you moron.

Jesus, you are so blinded that it's amazing. You actually think that Finland will completely exempt from the new laws because of your shit militia and your hunters?
>>
>>33630799
The m4 is like 4 moa. No way in hell that shit goes submoa with good ammo
>>
>>33631096
yea my bad.
this completely slipped by me
>>
>>33631096
Finnish parliament still has to implement tge directive into law. Thar shits not passed.

Furthermore. The directive thats voted throug in eu exempts reservists already.
What the directive bans is, magazines if you are a hunter, and full auto guns converted to semi.

Depending on how the finns implement it it can be more or less restrictive. Like ruling that hunting is a sport essentially allowing everyone with guns large magazines
>>
>>33630799
Service rifles in the US are beat to shit. If an M4 rattles when you pick it up it will not magically shoot MOA by inserting match grade ammo.
>>
>>33631162
Finland already restricts magazine size for hunting. So this might not change much at all
>>
File: RK62M.jpg (137KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
RK62M.jpg
137KB, 1024x652px
>>33630591
RKs are made with so tight tolerances that they are closer to a range rifle than a combat rifle, but because it's AK based it just works everywhere. Also the sights are made more for range target shooting than combat.
When I was issued my RK for the first time the dust cover was so tight that almost every NCO in the company had to take turn trying to remove it until it finally released.

Same with Suomi KP/31, over-engineered and Soviets cloned it cheaper as PPSh. After the Wars, Finn copied the simple AK and overengineered it.
>>
>>33631199
one of my mates had so tight dustcover it had to be taken back to the armory since it just would not budge.
And that was a 30+ years old gun
>>
>>33630591
>>33630621
>>33630678
>>33630808
>>33630865
Well when you have your primary threat outnumber you by thousands to the man you really cannot afford to miss let alone waste ammo that you may not have enough of to finish the job anyway. Not as bad now but the number of commies the Finns would need to kill back in the day were staggering
>>
>>33630598
They aren't
>>
>>33631185
>Service rifles in the US are beat to shit
maybe in the nasty guard. we literally just got brand new m4a1s you sperg.

>>33631112
they're 3-4moa due to the inconsistent placement of the steel penetrator in m855. easily 2moa with wolf gold and better with mk262. I don't have data on the new m855a1, probably same as m855.

deal with it faggits.
>>
>>33631047
Are you absolutely retarded? The Swiss reservists have guns from the miltary armoury, only converted for single fire only. The Finns have to buy their own guns, even the reservists, and before buying we need to apply for a licence to be able to buy said firearm.
>>
>>33631194
It would change sports shooting and casual range shooting. Currently the only limitation is when a person is actually hunting, if the gun is a self-loader.
>>
>>33631199
>so tight tolerances that they are closer to a range rifle than a combat rifle
kek. you guys do know Americans have access to legit finn made RKs and Israeli Galils right? that's the most absurd bullshit I've ever read on /k/.
>>
>>33631423
You dont have any rk95s over ther do you?
>>
>>33631279
Thanks for proving my point. You shave off a couple of moa with better ammo. But the m4 is still not sub moa.

Alltough i would like to see some tests of the rk as i doubt tge service rifles are sub moa 2.
Most euro infantry rifle requirements say no worse than 2 moa with mil ammo after x number of rounds. 10k in the case of norwegian requirements
>>
>>33631423
You barely get the civil versions you mongoloid. You think we shoot with those?
>>
>>33631755
Different anon. They don't just swap out the FCG and bolt for those with everything else made to spec?
>>
>use ak based guns
>call yourself european
lmao
>>
>>33631821
You didn't get the memo? Russia became more Euro than Mongol when they put a German queen on the throne back in the 1700s and she turned out to be their greatest monarch.
>>
>>33630591
You can't kick the USSR's shit in when your guys can't shoot.
>>
File: americanfreedom.jpg (53KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
americanfreedom.jpg
53KB, 600x315px
>>33631821
>>
File: 481507.jpg (222KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
481507.jpg
222KB, 880x660px
>>33630591
They shoot nice ammo. My slr shot a 1inch group at 100 yards with pic related. Best group was 1inch , worst was 2.2inches. Shit was Fugin ridiculous, but it is $1.50 per round
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.