[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The face when I can't join airforce cause I got shit eye sight.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: EYE.jpg (227KB, 2111x1420px) Image search: [Google]
EYE.jpg
227KB, 2111x1420px
>TFW Can't join airforce cause I wear glasses
Anyone know this feel? I was so excited than I was told I can't be a pilot if I have shit eye glasses. And no I'm not going down with that experimental laser eye surgery.
>>
Told by who?
Talk to a recruiter dumbass.
>>
>>33630295
Then don't be a pilot faggot. There's plenty of other jobs you can do that involve being the front seat of a fighter.
>>
Become a helicopter pilot.
The reason fighter pilots can't have glasses is the high g-forces.
My old aerodynamics teacher was a fighter pilot and when he got glasses he started flying copters
>>
>>33630295
Can you go for UAVs then?
>>
>>33630324 cont
And nowadays he drives a bus and teaches so bus might be an optiom for you too
>>
>>33630324
Not OP but I've been thinking of trying to become a heli pilot, from what I've read you have to send in a packet and get accepted to become a warrant officer, how hard is it to get accepted, would having a degree increase my chances?
>>
>>33630295
Everything about this is retarded.

Pilots can have glasses. You literally just need to be 20/20 with correction and get an easy-to-obtain waiver. There are F-22 pilots flying literally this afternoon with corrective lenses.

Neither Lasik nor PRK are experimental, literally thousands of airmen get these surgeries (for free) every year. And they are both authorized for flight.

That said, you probably shouldn't be a pilot. Someone who's this much of a moron as you would almost certainly wash out of IFS.
>>
>>33630295

>Experimental

PRK is over 30 years old.
>>
>And no I'm not going down with that experimental laser eye surgery.
Why ? Are you scared of complications ? I don't know the current state of the technology.
>>
Don't worry Op the marines will let you drive a tank if you are just above legally blind
>>
>>33630295

If it can be corrected with laser eye surgery and you want to be a pilot, do it faggot. I came from a line of pilots which stretch back to WWI and was hit with a double-whammy of being both near-sighted and colorblind. I can't even get a commercial license.
>>
>>33630815
Thank you friend, you give me hope. So good news I guess I could get into airforce as a pilot!
>>
File: 1466994487997.jpg (971KB, 1223x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1466994487997.jpg
971KB, 1223x1280px
>>33630355
>would having a degree increase my chances?

yes, but having a heli license is better
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.