[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are guns not more prominently placed in art for a reason?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170413_030011.jpg (327KB, 901x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170413_030011.jpg
327KB, 901x900px
Are guns not more prominently placed in art for a reason?
>>
(((Art)))
>>
File: avenexalea.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
avenexalea.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Because autists from an Egyptian hieroglyphics forum will turn it into their deity
>>
>>33630066
dubs
fpbp
(((Art)))
>>
Artists

It's tacky
>>
>>33630066
>>
>>33630067
Have you prayed towards murder/k/ube seven times today?
>>
>>33630061

The dude seems to have a lot of these "art" with guns.

http://www.thompuckey.com/index.php?/works/2010-figure-falling-backwards-with-2-carbines/
>>
>>33630061
Artistry unfortunately tends to attract more liberals than anyone else. It makes sense that they'd make art catering to their own interests, which generally speaking doesn't include guns.
>>
>>33630153
figure-with-luger-and-nazi-regalia/

naked... yeah this is jewish art
>>
File: larger (1).jpg (164KB, 1024x851px) Image search: [Google]
larger (1).jpg
164KB, 1024x851px
>>33630061
Yes. Taking into account that you are a pleb.
>>
Weapons are in art constantly. This thread is retarded and any comments posted on it saying stuff like "artists are liberals" or some bullshit is just echo chamber nonsense.

sage
>>
It's because they sexualize or romanticize weapons and power because they have no power in day to day life.

Ironically, this is the same reason why they would want to ban it. It's because they have had bad relationships with power and don't want anybody else to have it.

t. Freud
>>
>>33630243
misread. I thought OP said why are they placed prominently.

You are an idiot OP because they feature heavily in art. Weapons in general do.
>>
>>33630211
>>33630211
>>33630211
>Weapons are in art constantly. This thread is retarded and any comments posted on it saying stuff like "artists are liberals" or some bullshit is just echo chamber nonsense.

This desu

Left / right politics and race war threads will be the death of /k/
>>
most 'machines' arent common in art. you're not going to see many paintings of lathes or mining equipment. it also helps that war and combat just arent as romanticized as they used to be.
>>
>>33630269
and not as aesthetic
Back in the day people used to have regalia
now they won't even get knee boots or belt buckles
>>
File: 1479825436326.png (1MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479825436326.png
1MB, 768x1024px
>>33631057
>Lathes aren't aesthetic
There's something about thousands of pounds of metal spinning at a high speed with the capability to kill/maim the careless that's always seemed aesthetic to me, don't know what you are talking about.

Plus, there are plenty of aesthetic guns.
>>
Assuming we are talking about sculptural art.

Never mind that the artists tend to be raging liberals. Now and as it ever was, the question is who the customer is. And the only ones shelling out major money on art are states, counties with access to state funds, and rich people. None of these have any interest in putting up art of armed people.
>>
>>33630061
They aren't considered to be as romantic by the majority of the art community as other weapons are.
>>
>>33630243
>sexualize or romanticize weapons

so like, /k/?
>>
>>33630061
Most people don't fetishize guns as much a /k/ does, so there's not really a lot of public demand for gun-related artwork.
>>
Guns have too much details to be stone sculptur.
>>
Guns are already fine pieces of artwork (except anything hi-point)

Why do you need to make "art" out of a piece of art?
>>
>>33630153
http://www.thompuckey.com/index.php?/works/2011-figure-with-luger-and-nazi-regalia/
>>
>>33630061
http://www.thompuckey.com/index.php?/project/mitrailleuse/
>>
Godard said all you need to make a movie is a girl and a gun. although he was being cynical when he said this, pay attention to how many movies have guns in them.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.791110093_aj69[1].jpg (303KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.791110093_aj69[1].jpg
303KB, 1500x1500px
>>33631396
>>
>>33631865

Makes sense to me. I would not sit down to watch a movie about a girl and a bible.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.