[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright I need help on this. I want a good conceal carry gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: image:1909.jpg (141KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
image:1909.jpg
141KB, 900x675px
Alright I need help on this.

I want a good conceal carry gun for protection and shit so I cam down with either the LC9 or the walther ppk.

The lc9 being a striker fire and single action as in rack slide in order to shoot gun but cant pull trigger for second strike incase of dud round.

The walther ppk being double action allowing you for second strikes and hammer strike.

Which is better to get and why?
>>
>>33630010
LC9 isn't a single action.
>>
>>33630010
Walther a shit.
>>
Why have there been so many threads about the PPK recently? Did a character in a popular movie or show use one recently?

My uncle has a real Walther and it's great, my dad bought a S&W PPK/s because he liked his brother's gun and it's terrible.
>>
>>33630086
>double action
>can't shoot LC9 unless you pull back the slide
>double action
>only shoots when the slide is pull back
>double action

No anon, double action is when all you have to do is just pull the trigger and you can dry fire as many times without pulling the slide.
>>
>>33631479
It is a double action pistol retard.

Ruger has announced it is a double action and you know it.
>>
>>33631855
If it was double action then why do I have to rack the slide in order to shoot then?

Why do you assume it is double action just because ruger says so? That is like me saying the M1911 colt pistol is double action when it isn't.
>>
>>33630010
LC9 bad
LC9S better
>>
>>33631939
What are the difference?
>>
>>33632009
LC9s are striker fire.
>>
>>33631855
>http://www.realguns.com/articles/322.htm
>The LC9 is listed as double action by Ruger, however, it is a presetting action, different than a Glock or Smith & Wesson. A Glock's cycling slide partially cocks the gun's striker, but it's the trigger pull that fully retracts and releases the striker. The cycling slide of the LC9 partially cocks the hammer, but it is the trigger pull that carries the hammer the rest of the way to fully cocked and initiates its release. Once the hammer is released, the trigger cannot be pulled again without the slide moving rearward enough to partially cock the hammer again. There will be no double striking a stubborn primer with the LC9 without partially cycling the slide to preset the hammer which means correction for a misfire is racking the slide and clearing the chamber.

Maybe look into these things a little more before you decide what's what, Anon.
>>
>>33631855
Marketing is marketing. Century markets themselves as a manufacturer of quality firearms and Apple markets their products as a good value for the cost. It doesnt matter if whats said is total bullshit as long as it cant be proven to be a lie.

A "DAO" can be marketed as one even if its not a true DAO system. Welcome to corporate america.
>>
>>33630086
Striker fired guns are weird.
They have this preload ratio, which could be 100% and you get single action, or 0% and it's DAO.
But most of them are in the middle, so it's kind of SA and kind of DAO.
>>
>>33632167
Never mind I'm dumb, LC9 has a hammer but it's preloaded anyway.
Which still doesn't mean shit.
It's definitely not DAO and certainly not SA.
>>
>>33632167

Yup nobody to my knowledge has yet to make a true DAO gun that is striker fired. Its hard to pull back on a striker with a mechanism off a trigger while making it drop safe and easy to takedown. Its one of the main reasons i still prefer guns with a hammer.
>>
>>33632202
VP70
>>
Is there any difference in performance and safety and trigger pull with the striker fire LC9S and the hammer fire LC9?
>>
>>33632394
No difference really
>>
>>33631902
Because in order for any semi auto to fire you need to chamber a round you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>33632707
OH GOD NO NOT YOU PHIL OH FUCK AAAAHHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD GODDAMN STOP TALKING TO ME INSIDE MY HEAD JESUS FUCK STOP FOLLOWING ME FUCK SOMEONE HELO I NEED AN ADULT I NEED AN ADULT HELP I'M BEING MENTALLY ABUSED BY PHIL HOLY JESUS GOD HELP ME FUCK!!!!!!!
>>
>>33632764
You need to try decaf, dude.
>>
File: Walther_PPKS.jpg (73KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_PPKS.jpg
73KB, 960x719px
>>33630010
You're probably better off getting an LC9. Its way more powerful and smaller than the PPK. Second-strike should only be used at the range, not for carry practices. Double action should be used as a safety in that there's no fucking way that trigger is getting pulled unless you want to. The LC9 is more beginner friendly and has a thumb safety.

The PPK will always have more class, simplicity, and history but its really not for the majority.

>>33631237
The PPK is a pop culture icon and still holds relevance today as a useable firearm. Even nogun normies can recognize its aesthetic, so it makes sense that they're still popular. Also, "real" Walther is very subjective.
>>
>>33632787
NO STOP STOP FUCKING TALKING INSIDE MY HEAD YOUR A VOICE INSIDE MY HEAD HOLY FUCKI'M NOT CRAZY MOMMY SAYS YOUR NOT REAL MOMMY SAYS YOUR JUST A VOICE INSIDE MY HEAD AND YOUR ARE NOT REAL STOP FUCKING FOLLOWING ME EVERYWHERE ON HERE DEAR GOD HAVE MERCY HELP MEI'M BEING STALKED BY PHIL HOLY FUCKING FUCK YOU ARE A VERY MEAN EVIL PERSON STOP TRYING TO MANIPULATE MY BRAIN YOU ARE NOT REAL GOD FUCKING HELP ME I WANT TO DIE FUCK!!!!!
>>
>>33632862
Post pics of mommy
>>
>>33632857
>The PPK is a pop culture icon

I'm aware of that, what I was asking is why there has been an uptick in recent days. I've been hiding several PPK threads practically every time I refresh the catalog and that kind of thing usually only happens when someone uses a gun on True Detective or something.

>"real" Walther is very subjective

I assume you're referring to wartime vs. post-war. I actually couldn't tell you which my uncle's pistol is (haven't seen it or him in well over a decade) but I would assume post-war.
>>
>>33633025
Yeah, that's basically it. Almost every single PP series made after 1945 was French, finished in W. Germany, and then exported. I'll be interested to see how Walther Arms US PPK's hold up, it looks like they're unfortunately sticking with the S&W beavertail.
>>
P938 all day
>>
>>33632857
I see you finally got the ppk, looks secsee. How much did you grab it for and what caliber .32 or .380?
>>
Carry a knife. Plenty of people get shot with their own pistol each year, no one was ever shot by their own knife.
>>
File: HP_Walther_2017.jpg (176KB, 960x581px) Image search: [Google]
HP_Walther_2017.jpg
176KB, 960x581px
>>33634471
I paid $400 and its a .380 very-late S&W build. The second I find a wartime blued PPK in .32 ACP for a reasonable price I'll buy it and sell the one I have now.
>>
File: ccw.jpg (103KB, 620x371px) Image search: [Google]
ccw.jpg
103KB, 620x371px
>>33630010
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. You can get them online for ~$240 w/ rebate right now.

>>33632673
>>33633460
>>33634243
>>33636264
>>33639062
Fuck off & don't abuse the system. This is how you get banned.
>>
>>33641760
Fuck you I bump anyways you big stinky poopy head!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.