[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about /fit/ness, /k/ How would you rate your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: 381111_med.jpg (230KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
381111_med.jpg
230KB, 600x450px
Let's talk about /fit/ness, /k/

How would you rate your personal health and physical fitness at the moment?

Do you train? If so, provide details.

Bonus points for anyone who's at SFOD-tier physicality.
>>
>>33628172
>>>/fit/
>>
File: J PERSEC 014.jpg (2MB, 1472x2077px) Image search: [Google]
J PERSEC 014.jpg
2MB, 1472x2077px
Just got back into lifting and training after a year of dropping my routine to move to a new state.

I'm getting back to the strength I achieved a year ago faster than I thought, and it feels great. I've been eating healthier as well, and I feel so much better.

Pic related, old, but its my gear from a run'n'gun in my old state.
>>
>>33628204
Slightly worse than this dude in terms of build.

I have excess skin from getting skinny a bit too fast.
I'm quite muscular under everything though, and I have the legs of a fucking Greek god.
>>
File: comfy mornings.jpg (2MB, 2000x1260px)
comfy mornings.jpg
2MB, 2000x1260px
>>33628172
>How would you rate your personal health and physical fitness at the moment?

Completely average for a normal person. All I do is swim every other day in the mornings and walk my dog every night.

I'm moving in 6 months though and won't have access to a pool anymore. I have no idea what I'm going to be able to do to compensate.
>>
>>33628172

Could be better

>Do you train? If so, provide details.
Yes and no. I work a nine-hour shift in a warehouse as a forklift operator. I don't have time for the gym in an average day, so I make my work as much of a gym as possible. I have to move around a lot of hefty shit in a day (such as pic related) and I am the only guy who can wrestle 55-gallon barrels of automotive fluids on his own with no help.

I'd really like to work on my actual application stuff though. I mean like spend every other weekend or two on a hike somewhere. I am in much better shape than I was two years ago (thought still flabby) and I want to put it to use.
>>
File: 1361308971495.jpg (52KB, 713x561px) Image search: [Google]
1361308971495.jpg
52KB, 713x561px
broken femur is kinda holding me back at the moment. I was training in judo but I don't think I ever will be able to again...
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10 ... 3. I have repetitive stress injury in my hands/wrists, plantar fasciitis (strained foot arch muscle), scoliosis (elongated spine), and for some reason I can't nearly touch my toes and have never been able to. Beginning to think I have some kind of general muscle issue. But I'm not crippled, I dropped 40 lb in the past several months, and my cardio is noticeably better since I started skateboarding.
>>
File: image.jpg (804KB, 1801x2530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
804KB, 1801x2530px
Am I operator yet?
>>
>>33628172
diseased skeletor/10
>Do you train?
yeah. I do the same stuff grandmas do. it keeps me from being winded around the house at least.
>>
I'm used to be fit, got fat because of college, training kali, muay thai, and bjj to get back in shape.
>>
>>33628172
Who's the old man and his mother? was he going for the turbo cuck aesthetic?
>>
>>33630469
sure
manlets can be operator
>>
Excellent. I'm in my early 70s and I'm in good health, with a decent level of fitness. Still cycle, swim and run frequently. Haven't been skiing in a while, but next year I'm heading out to Sun Valley for a week.

>Do you train? If so, provide details.
5k on Monday, 7k on Wednesday, 10k on Friday. Tuesday and Thursday I'll squeeze in a hike, cycle or a swim. Weekends are usually spent relaxing. Every fortnight I'll do a long run, but it takes longer to recover these days. Squash once a month.

>Bonus points for anyone who's at SFOD-tier physicality.
Not since the mid 80s. Kept myself moving around and adjusted the diet to keep up with age/gravity, but for a long time I was at an extremely high level. Mountaineering was the main passion, but I had rugby and squash too.

My advice: Have a sport. The gym is excellent if you're living a modern lifestyle, but nothing can replace sport. Individual or team.
>>
>>33631165
Lol, nice meme.
Good luck living, for the vinning is always winning.
>>
File: 173.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
173.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
>>33631165
>Who's the old man
>turbo cuck
>>
I do a bodyweight routine that takes me a bit over an hour 3x a week, and I swear I'm going back to kyokushin once I get my back problems sorted. I have a job where I walk for hours every night, so even if my cardio is mediocre I can into long marches okay.
>>
File: 1491394473184.png (225KB, 880x882px) Image search: [Google]
1491394473184.png
225KB, 880x882px
I'm tier 2 obese
>>
Ballet classes a couple times a week, and some running.

How operator am I?
>>
>>33633237
You are probably stronger and have better cardio than most of this board.
>>
>>33631198
Auddie Murphy, one of the greatest soldiers of all time was like 5'6" and 140lbs.
>>
>>33628172
Physical health - poor - near obesity
Training - Actually pretty intense, I want to get into operating shape
Now if I could just stop being sick so I could get back to it already.
>>
>>33628172
I went from like 250lbs down to my current weight (195lbs) in about 8 months. Gonna lose another 10 and then start lifting and doing cardio. It's amazing how after you lose weight and you look back on how you used to eat, its disgusting.
>>
>>33631165

Me again.

I just saw a C5 fly over my house and some paratroopers jump out a mile away into the woods. What the hell was that crap about?

Anyway just got back from a long shift. Im gonna take a nap
>>
>>33628172
Solidly in strongfat territory, 5'11" 235 lbs 30% bf. Chronic mild back injury is exacerbated by shitty work. My job is too exhausting to go to the gym anymore, so I'm waiting until the summer semester of school starts to drop this shitty job and go back to school and get in shape. My old routine was a personal adaptation of Starting Strength plus tri-weekly elliptical cardio for an hour a day. My cardiovascular strength has never been good but I can't really train it until I drop this job but, in turn, this job is more anaerobically exhausting than aerobically so it doesn't provide much cardio.
>>
>>33631198

Most operators are manlet. Serious, go look at avg height for SF, other operator type groups.
>>
File: 1488127537413.jpg (47KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
1488127537413.jpg
47KB, 418x418px
>>33633885
Tfw smaller target
>>
>>33630469
Do you work abs?
>>
File: 201033_med.jpg (134KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
201033_med.jpg
134KB, 600x430px
>>33633356
sweet dreams
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (66KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
66KB, 342x342px
I'm one month into serious lifting and horny as fuck.
>>
>>33628172
Health is probably 7/10
Fitness is above average, probably 7-8/10
Run and lift on alternating days, run 4km minimum and have run 6km in the past month in 31 minutes. Lifting could use some work, but there are gains right now either way.

No training because I'm in Canada (or nothing practical) but I'm looking to be a reservist so I should be in basic this summer. That'll cover my training.

I probably could do a lot more, but baby steps for right now. There's a lot I have to care about.
>>
>>33628458
I hate to be that guy but you can make time, you can always make time. I'm a production assistant who sometimes works like 15 hour in a day and I'll still cram an hour in the gym somewhere.
>>
>>33634869
I've worked eight of the last nine days, and don't have another day off for another four. I work graveyard. I have other shit I need to take care of. I still manage to get in 75 minutes in the gym 3x a week. It's all about priorities.
>>
>>33628172
Pretty fat. I started going to the gym about a year ago. Mostly stuck to cardio equipment. I pretty much avoided strength training because I found it pretty intimidating for some reason. Finally started lifting about 5 weeks ago. It feels pretty good. It's neat tracking my progress and actual seeing myself getting stronger and stronger every week. My upper body strength was almost nonexistent but surprisingly my legs are fuckin jacked. I guess when you're as fat as me, everyday is leg day.
>>
>>33633297
With some of the fat-asses I've seen, that isn't saying much. Just getting out of bed seems like a struggle for some of the landwhales who manage to waddle out to meet-ups.
>>
>>33634987
Fat tactitards are worse than fudds imo. Marksmanship is meaningless if sprinting to cover ten feet away is liable to give you a heart attack. If you make the effort to concealed carry, you should also make the effort to go to the gym and learn at least some BJJ or something.
>>
>>33635024
This. I may be on the skinny/trap side, but at least I know if I have to I can do buddy rushing and all that bullshit. My ballet teacher even noticed that I still had a lot of leg muscle left over from before I got out of the military.
>>
>>33634531
>mfw started lifting seriously in the Muhreens
>mfw went through that turbo horny stage
>lost virginity to hooker because I couldn't take it anymore
>got laid a couple more times ever since then
>stopped lifting when EAS
>can literally feel the difference between lifting and not lifting in your life

I need to hit the gym again...
>>
Used to be super fat, 215 pounds 5'7", couldn't run for shit, weak AF. I got really fat in college because I stopped playing sports. That was 3 years ago. I'm down to 170 and losing about a half pound or so every 2 weeks I'd say. I'm in the best shape of my life. I had a roommate who was a nutritionist who taught me to eat right, and I took classes on nutrition in college then I got a personal trainer. I'm in the best shape of my life so far. considered an intermediate weight lifter across all major lifts for my height and weight, and can run 6 miles comfortably. 15 pullups if I am fresh. Trying to get that to 20. I cant' swim worth a shit though.
>>
Test
>>
>>33635071
>>33634531
Is this really a thing? I'm >>33634929 and I was wondering what the fuck was going on. I've been going crazy the last week or so. Like, I've been seriously considering trying Tinder or something.
>>
>>33635071
Usually, not always, but usually if you can lift for 6 months it starts to become something you just never stop doing. If I don't lift 5 times I week its like the same nagging feeling you get when you don't brush your teeth or shower and you just know you should.
>>
>>33635120
When you lift weights your T levels go up, when your T levels go up so does your sex drive. It's the same for girls. You want some fun, take a girl for a workout date.
>>
>>33635137
>It's the same for girls.
How so? Does their T go up as well? Or estrogen?
>>
I'm somewhere between 215 and 220. Would like to go for more walks but I hardly have time for that.
>>
>>33635137
This

Your T levels go up especially when you work out your legs, I'll never understand why people always skip legs, its my favorite body group to work out to be quite sincerely honest
>>
>>33635160
Testosterone. Girls have it too. Both sexes have both, and produce both naturally, just different levels obviously. But yeah super heavy compound workouts make your T levels go up. Dead lifts, squats, etc
>>
>>33629227
>broken femur
Jesus how'd that happen?
>>
>>33635137
>Doing something that increases T levels

Fuck that shit. I don't want to ruin my skin even more.
>>
>>33635228
Get a decent set of retinol solution, sunscreen, and lotion
>>
Former marine/10 physique
>>
>>33635228
10/10 Bait, if this is bait, if it isn't you are so fucking retarded that I can't even comprehend it. I would be less annoyed if you were just honest with yourself and admitted that you didn't want to lift.
>>
>>33628172
Started getting /fit/ no longer a skin fat piece of shit but by no means were I want to be.
>>
>>33635243
tactical hat, broad shoulders, large biceps, strong chest, beer gut, t shirt, shorts, flip flops?
>>
>>33635252
Lifting too much would cause there to be too much muscles, which would just look ugly. At most I just want to look toned.
>>
6'0 160 lbs, definitely want to get more in shape but I don't have any exercise shit at home and wouldn't know what I was doing in a gym
>>
File: 1478679137762.jpg (26KB, 308x308px)
1478679137762.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>33635281
Heh. This is some precision bait that only someone who has spent time on /fit/ can pull off.
>>
>>33635281
I'm having a stroke. GG baiter you won.
>>
>>33635312
It's not bait. I just want to stay in shape without completely losing my figure. Is there some sort of intermediate workout were I can get in shape without looking like a guy in womens clothing?
>>
>>33628172

Probably about a 7 or 8. I can lift a fair amount, and my cardio's decent. Not in terrible physical shape, just got a bit of a paunch now.

I will say though, I can jog at a steady pace for a fair distance, but sprinting really fucking takes it out of me. I was doing sprints at the gym earlier today, and I felt like shit afterwards.
>>
>>33628172
I do some really basic shit and have got some great results. Every-other day I run a mile and a half, increasing distance as I go and trying to do it more frequently should my schedule allow. I am also doing some pretty standard PT and doing just fine.
>>
>>33634473
Never, I know I'm autistic.
>>
>>33635040
I seriously wonder about some people's ability to retain a weapon should someone try to grab it. There is a reason that every military ever spends so much time on PT.
>>
>>33635543
You're not alone. I hate lying on the incline bench at the gym.
>>
>>33628172
Oldfag with the can-be-fat-at-a-moments-notice gene. Last October, I stopped working out hardcore (running 3 times per week, lifting 3 times per week) and had a summer fun family/friend vacation at the beach.

Even eating okay (read: still watching nutrition but not portion size), I put back on almost 15 lbs since then. Working out again never going to let it slip until i'm 80...

But, of fucking course, I pull something in my leg three weeks ago and aggravate it yesterday. Hard cardio is out for at least two more weeks.

Make fitness a lifestyle, guys. You can cheat here and there, just don't let it become three times a week.

www.darebee.com
>>
>>33636663
I only work out at my house because I don't like people watching me, I'm 90% sure I'm on the spectrum. I just see no purpose in working abs.
>>
>>33636976
>doesn't see any purpose in working out on core
>literally the "core"

You're even worse than that ballerina faggot.
>>
>>33628172
3/10. 6', 240lbs, 50yrs. Spend all day in a cubicle and traffic. Pretty much only exercise is weekends hiking innawoods with the doggo.
>>
>>33635357
you're pretty good
>>
>>33636992
Deadlifts and squats are enough for me, fuck isolation exercises though.
>>
Skinnyfat and in pretty shit shape. I've always had a very inactive lifestyle. I was ultra skinny growing up, 24 now and in the past couple of years I finally started to put on weight since my metabolism has slowed down, so I'm at about 150 lbs, up from like 125. The positive in this is now I know I can actually put on muscle weight if I work at it, which I will be starting in a couple weeks when I ship to AF basic.
>>
>>33631248
Might actually just be Vining.
>>
>>33637373
start now.
>>
>>33631248
how long does it even take to get SFOD tier if you've got average or shit fitness
>>
>>33637422
It kind of sounds like him. Compare the writing style to the reviews he writes on Amazon?
>>
>>33636992
>targeting your core in [current year]

>>33637217
This
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.