[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone been scammed on gunbroker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3506.png (166KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3506.png
166KB, 750x1334px
I've seen a couple posts made by two different people that are almost word for word. Just switched family members. It seems a little sketchy to me. Anyone ever have a bad gunbroker experience? I haven't actually won any auctions yet.
>>
File: IMG_3517.png (332KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3517.png
332KB, 750x1334px
Different guy, different family member, same description.
>>
If it seems sketchy, it is. That's a scam, OP, don't be dumb.
>>
>>33626413
Well it doesn't seem like a scam until you see the second one. I don't have any reason not to believe some guys uncle/ brother in law died and he's auctioning off his old guns. Just not both
>>
>>33626395
Not so much a scammer, just a shitty dealer. He uses his multiple accounts to get people into bidding wars so shit goes way above what it would otherwise. And some of the merchandise is likely fake.
>>
>>33626556
>And some of the merchandise is likely fake
do you mean he's not actually selling the shit he's listing
>>
>>33626395
I use gunbroker more than anything else because I have never been scammed on it
>>
I haven't been scammed but I scam people on Armslist all the time, it's funny as fuck and kinda pathetic how people still fall for the same scams that are almost as old as the internet itself.
>>
>>33627265
No, like he force matches numbers on shit that isn't actually matching.
>>
>>33626395
>>33626408
No

One guy saw the ad and copied it. Or both guys copied from someone else
>>
>>33627265
That actually does happen. Some faggots just list to show off what they have, and when people try to buy they take it down.
>>
>>33626395
>>33626408

If I recall, you can check their info to see their address.

It's likely one for the following or a mixture of:
1) The guy is legit selling a family members collection.
2) The guy is buying and selling rifles without an FFL
3) The guy plays off the "I'm not a dealer" to appeal to people who don't like dealing with greedy dealers
4) The play plays off the I'm not a dealer and these aren't my rifles to avoid dealing with condition(of the rifle) issues
5) The rifles are cobbled together, see 4)
6) The guy is an FFL dealer put plays off the "I'm not a dealer" because he has a bad rep
7) The guy has multiple accounts
8) Someone copied someone else's selling angle
9) etc

Post one of the links and I'll check it out, I GB lists their phone as well, shit you can even call them. If anything cross reference the two sellers and FFL lists.
>>
>>33628748
Never mind I see the accounts. Quick glance at the first guy's completed auctions. He gets a lot of action(bids & bidders)- he starts the bids low and this usually draws a lot of action due to a psychological effect but also the "liquidation of deceased's collection" and "I'm just and average Joe who don't know nuffin bout guns and shiit" will draw bidders and often the same bidder to other auctions for thinking they will get a deal.

Smart seller. Also, if you play that up you can't authentically keep it up if you have hundreds of sales and feedback under your belt. Hence using multiple accounts with innocuous monikers.

"mlhdkh" I mean, he's not even trying anymore. Just smashing keyboard for account name.

So is he trying to scam out out of your money, likely not. But he does have a good shady sales pitch
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.