[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say NK test a nuke this weekend. What next for our military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Reports coming in NK may have a nuke ready to explode in an underground tunnel. April 15th is a big day for their country. Reports also coming in US SOF has kill teams in SK ready to take Kim out. What will America's next move be if Kim test a nuke?
>>
>>33626183
Probably a few hours of peace as the United States attempts to finish last minute negotiations with China in aims of getting the North to completely abandon its program.

Then, at three AM on Sunday morning NK time, when that fails, North Korea is going to promptly be trounced.

Not sure if the United States will opt for an initial decapitation operation with actual individual forces. That could potentially bring about less risk for conflict spreading and bringing Japan and the South completely into it.

Or the US could attempt a less precise decapitation strike and pull a 1991 maneuver where they paralyze the North and perhaps kill Korean leadership in the process. It's the North Korean response that's questionable.
>>
>>33626253
>3 AM

The us loves its early morning attacks for some reason
>>
>>33626280
nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning
>>
>>33626183
sit back and watch as China zerg rushes from the North ti kill Kim themselves, because they fear a unified Korea.
>>
File: Mercenaries.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenaries.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
I'm not the only one who sees all this and wants to play Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction right?
>>
>>33626303
No, this is literally one of my favorite games even to this day.
>>
>>33626293
This. If anything, China will beat US to the punch and install a puppet regime.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6KB, 311x162px
>>33626303
>not available on steam but Mercenaries 2 is
>>
>>33626253
What is the most efficient and rapid response we can strike NK with? Kim will be heavily guarded and hidden somewhere deep underground. SOF units would have a harder task of killing Kim than Osama. Nuking them wouldn't kill him either if he's protected deep underground.

Seoul may have a very high body count if NK artillery the shits out of it and there are lots of NK spies/assassins ready to fuck shit up on command.

I do not see this going very well. I think America will eliminate NK's firepower but it will not be easy. ESP with NK understanding it's about to be defeated and firing off nukes.
>>
>>33626347
You're right, he will be deep underground. But the minute Kim tests that nuclear device, his days alive on this earth are likely numbered. US intelligence, while not omniscient, is certainly capable of tracking his movements, whether that be by HUMINT, satellite, or other means. It would be a matter of waiting Kim out, or, if he's stupid enough to stick around up top, simply slaughtering him in the first few hours of the war.

Maybe not as high as you think. Remember when NK fired on SK a few years ago? 1/4 of those shells were duds. In addition, few people account for the fact that these guns require ammunition, which would be quickly expended. Unless the NK army mobilized without alerting the world, they'll have to stop to reload eventually. Combine that with the fact that they'll be getting pounded in every way possible and consistent combat efficiency fatigue from the gunners, and you've got a relatively moderate death rate in Seoul, especially if evacuations and shelters are utilized.

As for the strike...the standard American loadout. Cut the brain from the limb with suppression of enemy air defense (think cruise missiles for fixed SAM and AA instillations and airfields) before hitting infrastructural targets with stealth aircraft and attack aircraft. Mop up on military assets too if the conflict threatens to get that big.

It's the Gulf War II basically. It will be overwhelming, brutal, and short.
>>
My balls need a release from this, they are hurting in anticipation.
>>
>>33626558
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's still a good chance that China can somehow get the test stopped and give the United States some bullshit promise about North Korea stopping its program. Believe it or not, a lot of people don't like war.
>>
>>33626464
I hope you're right that it'll be short. I am worried about moles in SK that will mobilize as assassin groups and cause as must disruption possible on critical infrastructure and civilians before ROK/US soliders can clean them out.

I really hope if we go full-scale on NK it is over quickly and we can minimize the death toll on SK/friendly forces.
>>
>>33626464
Why would the US act on this nuclear test and not all previous nuclear tests by North Korea?
>>
>>33627063
They are now developing ICBMs that will be capable of hitting US soil.
>>
>>33627063
>>33627072
And more importantly, this nuclear test in the face of all of this rhetoric would be the biggest "fuck you" America has seen since Syria crossed Obama's red line.
>>
>>33627085
A fuck you to China also. Their Pit bull has gone rabid.
>>
>>33627072
For that to matter, we would need to see not just a functional ICBM, but the targeting chain and a device small enough to be installed on one. US intel should be well aware of any of these projects.

>>33627085
Yep, that's kinda what North Korea and multiple other small dictatorships have done in the past. Iran was a similar example. Be dangerous enough that they can't ignore you, be weak enough that the cost of intervention is too high.

Firing any missile, even non-nuclear, at the US is a death knell for North Korea's regime. So why would a they commit to an first strike action, kicking off a scenario they know they cannot survive? They are infinitely more likely to use the same playbook they always have. Posture, test, let up in exchange for industrial support or food, and then we'll be back here with the same process in a couple of years when the rices runs out.
>>
File: 1469494650352.jpg (358KB, 602x578px) Image search: [Google]
1469494650352.jpg
358KB, 602x578px
>>33626183
>MFW the norks nuke one of our fleets starting absolute global warfare and the biggest atomic bitchslapping of all time
>>
>>33627256
See, the reason that I hate /k/ is because a lot of people are on here that only know about guns. You do realize that North Korea possesses no weapon capable of penetrating a carrier group's defenses right?
>>
>>33626183

Really excited. I hope countries finally come together and pop this little irritated pimple off the face of the earth. It will not be easy though.
>>
File: 1474230608758.jpg (238KB, 700x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1474230608758.jpg
238KB, 700x1025px
>>33626464
>>33626347

Says someone who has never served in Korea. 8th Army is in no way shape or form ready to invade Best Korea. 2ID and 210 FAB plan for an quick exchange before being overwhelmed. "Fight Tonight!" = "We wont survive the first night..." American forces in Area I exist just to buy political elites time to evacuate from Seoul with their blown up corpses.

I really want to scream to the whole damn world how dysfunctional and unprepared USFK is for the conflict but it would violate OPSEC to get into any specifics. Norks are always ready to advance at a moments notice. If Fat Boy ever really thinks he's going to get invaded, he just strikes first. Norks pour into South, overwhelm ROK and USFK forces in Area I and capture Seoul. Plant nuclear devices and you've got 10 million hostages, you face the mother of all urban warfare battles. Would Trump pay the price to dig them out? Maybe. But Fat Boy will just do enough to placate and prevent a war, wait for a different US prez that's a pussy like Obama was then try it. Time is on his side.
>>
>>33627447
Anon knows what's up. I'm cool chilling here in Area III but Area I is going to get butt fucked within a 48 hour period. DPRK will lose the war but they'll first two weeks are going to be bloody as shit, not like the horseshit seen in Key Resolve
>>
>>33627447
>plant nuclear devices and you've got 10 million hostages

It always amazed me when I served that the military is really no different than the normal population in terms of people who believe fringe conspiracies and/or have no idea what in the fuck they're talking about. I guess we can add you to the mix.
>>
South Koreas biggest mistake was putting their capital city so close to the demilitarized zone
>>
>>33627447
>Norks pour into South, overwhelm ROK and USFK forces in Area I and capture Seoul.

Lol

>Plant nuclear devices and you've got 10 million hostages

Lol
>>
Decapitation strikes on Kim and his commanders, beef up defenses at the DMZ and try to keep Norks out. The South doesn't want them flooding into the country.
If a nuke flies at Seoul, Tokyo, or anywhere else then flatten Pyongyang with strategic bombing or return the favor with an SLBM.

It does concern me that there may actually be a nuclear exchange of some sort if NK really is that stupid.
>>
>>33626183
The answer depends on whether US forces believe they can eliminate North Korea's nuclear capability in a single strike that leaves no opportunity for retaliation outside of conventional warfare, AND that they can hold the DMZ in the event of a retaliatory invasion. The first question can only be answered by knowing information that is undoubtedly classified, as it would depend how good US intelligence is at determining every site holding North Korean nuclear weapons and enriched uranium stockpiles. The answer to the second question is an unsure maybe at best; there is simply too much of a manpower disparity to safely assume that our technological advantage is a sufficient force multiplier.

My bet is that China uses the opportunity presented by the rising tensions and their recent cuts to trade with North Korea to negotiate some kind of deal that in the short term reduces tensions and in the long run leads to a regime change.

Ultimately however, as none of us are high ranking officials in China or the US we cannot know for certain what will happen. My personal pipe dream is that Trump goes full Trump, demands a face to face meeting with Kim, somehow actually makes it happen, and miraculously hashes out some sort of deal that decreases of tensions and produces propaganda photos of the two staring down. Trump can claim he made a great deal and the Norks get their propaganda of "The Great Leader stared down the US President and personally forced him to back down from warring with our glorious nation"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>
>>33626280
who the fuck is awake at 3am?

lol only americans waiting to ambush you. they have been awake since 10:30pm the day before waiting for the "go-ahead" to wreck shit.
>>
>>33626183
can we have a moment of silence for those poor 2ID soldiers.

i just know in my heart GENERAL ORDER #1 is in full effect...
>>
>>33626280
>we own the night

its not a meme
>>
>>33626183
Okay, we all know the Norks are gonna get trounced.
That's a given based on their numbers, tech, the fact that their whole ideology will collapse given the death of any significant portion of their leadership, and their absolute dogshit economy.
Hell, we could probably win just by air dropping food and some paratroopers to guard the people while they eat.

But that's not the point or question

What happens when we win?
Are the norks and South Koreans reunited?
Do we let them live seperated as their own democracies republics or whatever the fuck they are?
Perhaps a new American protectorate?
And better yet, an abolition of any shit regarding importations from North Korea?
Could we potentially see North Korean AKs and shit imported eventually?
>>
>>33627447
I don't think being a grunt in Korea for a short time qualifies you to speak on the actual strength or capabilities of the defensive strategy.

Recognize that US and SK have had 60 years to develop a strategy to block land invasion from a force that deploys with fucking biplanes.

If we had any indication that their forces were mounting on the southern border, I highly doubt they'd rush us down before we had them locked 32 ways to Sunday.
>>
>>33627447

Area I will be a warzone, but i dont think it will fall.

NK has no real answer to decivice airpower, and every US airbase in the world will have planes at the DMZ within 24 hours, and when that happens its ogre.

They can hold for 24 hours.
>>
>>33631648
>decivice

wew lad.

Decisive.
>>
>>33626183
Whats happening with the South Korean lady president and her shadow adviser scandal as of late?
>>
>>33631608
>Perhaps a new American protectorate?
I'm sure China would be completely fine with that.
>>
Pretty much every move has china losing.

Either way is normalized relations with SK, weather the US invades or china. That means trade, that means the border is effectively porous, that means no realistic buffer state.
>>
>>33631648
They have a lot of anti air missiles, they move them with tractors but they are still a lot, enough to hit something by mere chance.
>>
>What will America's next move be if Kim test a nuke?

Nothing. Same as every other time.
>>
>>33631712

NK AA missiles would get EWARed to shit, and maybe hitting something by mere chance wont stop the rape train.
>>
>>33631718
was about to post this
>>
File: 1490263289796.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1490263289796.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>33626280
>Oh boy 3AM!
>>
>>33626280
It's so the bongs can watch it on the telly on cheer on son while drinking tea.
>>
>>33631606

This
US nightfighting capabilities are completely unrivaled
>>
I have 30 days to EAS so this shit better hurry up in case i need to submit a reenlistment package
>>
>>33626303
>If only Mercenaries 2 was half as good.....
>>
>>33632211
>Ywn hog tie nork generals
>Ywn run through a shitload of hostile fire to throw said nork in a chopper and bail
>Ywn get payed shitloads so you can do it again and again
Why even live?
>>
https://sputniknews.com/politics/201704131052612166-us-north-korea-chernobyl/
>>
File: 1490842028325.jpg (73KB, 495x593px) Image search: [Google]
1490842028325.jpg
73KB, 495x593px
>>33627282
Just like how pearl harbor was heavily defended right?
>>
File: Does a Body Good.jpg (449KB, 2123x1613px) Image search: [Google]
Does a Body Good.jpg
449KB, 2123x1613px
>>33626280
The sun never sets on the British Empire for a reason.
Good wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark. An American, on the other hand...
>>
>>33626183
Nothing will happen. Norks like to try and swing their lil chodes but never do anything. We aren't going to do anything because they won't do shit. They've done underground nuke tests before, it's nothing new or special.

t. US intel fag working PACOM
>>
>>33634011
So like what are these images called.
>>
>>33626347
I keep hearing the "muh artillery" meme. What's stopping us from bombing the fuck out of the emplacements?

Especially with something like a B2 so they don't see it coming.
>>
>>33634515
Divine Juche Proof of American Pig-doggery.
>>
>>33634515
>So like what are these images called.
Gross.
>>
>>33634515
Degeneracy
>>
>>33626280
We'll kill you in your sleep on Christmas
>>
>>33626744
>moles

North Koreans are very easy to spot in South Korea, they essentially speak two very distinct dialects and it's not hard to notice the differnece. Now, you do have to worry about infiltration by NK specops into SK that'll make hell in the rear but they're a slow down and not a serious threat.
>>
>>33634657
>>33634668
>>33634732
I love this board.
>>
>>33631872
Weren't all asians really good in previous wars at that?
>>
>>33634515
Gross.
>>
>>33635461
Idk but jungle shit sure changed when our soldiers all got night vision and sky robots. Tech-wise our soldiers are all Iron Man to impoverished countries.
>>
I really wish the memes about Trump being "unstable" and "imprevisible" were true. I'm not really expecting much more than one of the two backing down like literally every other fucking time and Trumpfags just saying it's all part of his 8th dimensional hungry hungry hippos strategy.
>>
>>33635938
high svenergy my friend
>>
File: C66vm_dXAAAKZej.jpg (39KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
C66vm_dXAAAKZej.jpg
39KB, 540x960px
>>33631769
>>
File: h6n68d3ip7r12wq1vdr1.jpg (21KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
h6n68d3ip7r12wq1vdr1.jpg
21KB, 620x400px
>>33626303
MY
NIGGA
>>
>>33633254
So, what form of autism do you have?
>>
>>33631588
OH BOY 3AM!
>>
>>33630874
So basically you want a situation in which the US come out looking like pussies and Norks get to keep starving to death in prison camps.

Thank god you, indeed, are not a high ranking official in the US.
>>
>>33626329
if it enhances global security that might be a decent outcome.
>>
>>33636521
No, i believe that the US won't commit to military action unless it is absolutely sure it won't end with South Korea getting nuked. The US looking weak is an infinitely preferable option to going in half cocked and getting a few hundred thousand South Koreans killed when they missed a missile site. It tends to degrade your allies' trust in you when you let stuff like that happen.

And regardless letting China handle North Korea wouldn't make us look weak unless you're of the mindset that the rest of the world shouldn't be allowed to twitch without America's permission. North Korea has been in China's sphere of influence since the Korean War, and will continue to be in it for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>33631598
>GENERAL ORDER #1
What does this mean?
>>
>>33626288
dubs of truth
>>
>>33626183

Here's to hoping I can live out my Red Dawn fantasies.
>>
>>33626253
>>33626183
>>33626280
>initial decapitation operation

I would love to see the USAF just fly over, at high altitude, and drop say 4,000 SDB-1 munitions onto every leadership position holding person they can spot in one pass.

And that's it.

Kill the leadership and communications.

See what happens.
>>
>>33626183
>kill teams ready to take Kim out

kek
>>
Nothing will happen
The norks detonate, then the Chinese will step in a deescalate the situation while Drumpf looks stupid for talking such a big game but letting the Chinese take front stage
>>
>>33626183
the only thing that will happen for sure is that the american military will be given the okay to fully deploy THAAD to the south. right now its kind of a contentious issue over there, but it wont be anymore if there is a sixth test.
>>
>>33627529
This, why the fuck don't they just move it? Japan moved their capital cite

moving the cap closer to the ocean would not only make more since trade wise but would put them closer to potential allied naval ships for support or evac and increase shell travel time to give civies time to hit a shelter or gtfo the penisula
>>
>>33636951
likely this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Order_No._1
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.