[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the dumbest company in the world and why is it EoTech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: gheoTech.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
gheoTech.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
>be eotech
>be overpriced
>have shitty battery life
>forget to mention thermal drift
>get called out for being shit in a government fraud lawsuit
>get btfo externally
>become destined to send out refund checks forever
>decide that the best course of action is to come up with a new logo

Why the fuck hasn't there been an attempt to redesign the eotech line?

>NoMoreMoneyForR&D.exe

So why hasn't there been a deep price cut across the EoTech line? Are these lazy motherfuckers really trying to end up in the unemployment line???

EoTech isn't even good at being lazy.
If they're going to come up with new branding, why stop at the logo? Shouldn't they change the name of the company all together so people forget more easily?

amirite or amirite
>>
Aimpoint.
>>
>>33626270
Overpriced not that it matters to milfags though.
>>
File: WP_20170318_016[2].jpg (876KB, 2744x1573px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170318_016[2].jpg
876KB, 2744x1573px
>>33626334
>$630
It still hurts but at least I can shit on it on 4chan and no one can do shit about it.
>>
>>33626156
They recently launched a new line of variable power scopes called the VUDU
>>
>>33626156
I think you forgot that it's literally the only holographic sight, bretty neat
>>
>>33626156

eotech in my eyes is more for police application than it is for military application, where engagements are just about point blank in the police world where the eotech reticle is easier for the eye to pick up

if aimpoint made a similiar reticle and housed it in their comp m4s or microdot tubes, they would pretty much crush eotech forever
>>
>>33626156
Eotech is owned by L3 communications. It's a gigantic corporation. They could literally give half a shit about eotech and the lawsuit.
Hence, they won't do anything about the sight's malfunctions. Hope that helps OP.
>I miss my 512. It was awesome. But I am glad I got my money refunded.
>>
>>33626660
>>
>>33627383
>Eotech is owned by L3 communications. It's a gigantic corporation. They could literally give half a shit about eotech and the lawsuit.
thank you for posting this so i didnt have to.
>>
Is there anywhere to buy these EOTechs on the cheap now?

I still want one
>>
>>33626156
Hello 2015
>>
>>33626422
>do not stare into beam
What the fuck?
I thought noone else could see rds/reflex?
>>
>>33627761
nope.

they're still amazing top tier, despite the mil saying it should be able to go from -5f to 90 degrees F in minutes without issues.
>>
>>33627761
Get a job at a store that sells them and you get industry pricing.
>>
>>33627924
From some of the more recent tests I've seen, the thermal drift issue is more or less fixed.

Though it was never prevalent in the exps stuff. The real offender was the old 5xx lines.
>>
File: 1472643973177.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472643973177.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
Im looking to Bubba out a savage Axis.

Can any of you recommend me a decent sight at a decent price? This will just be a range toy
>>
>>33628200
Vortex crossfire
>>
>>33628240

that seems to be more of a regular scope. Im looking for like a red dot or something.
>>
>>33628318
For a Savage Axis?

What about a prism optic? Burris has a free fastfire 3 if you purchase the 536 or 332. I'd go with the 536 on an axis.
>>
>>33628200
Mepro Tru Dot is the lowest price optic I'd trust.
>>
>Get EOtech as a gift in like 2010
>Put like 10k rounds through the gun it was on with no problems whatsoever
>Actually didn't have anything bad to say about it at all other than ugly, bulky, and battery life; it never gave me any issues
>Lawsuit comes
>Send mine in
>Get $600 for something I didn't even pay for in the first place but used for over 6 or so years with thousands and thousands of rounds
>EOtech pretty much gave me free money
>Spend that money on Slavshit
No ragrets
>>
>>33626156
>be L3/eotech
>have really good flashlights
>don't market them at all
>discontinue them all
>have a pretty good micro red dot
>discontinue it
>spend all this money R&Ding a laser that attaches to your eotech
>it only works on 552 models and it's retarded as fuck
>discontinue it within a year
>get BTFO over the eomeme fiasco
>R&D a high quality 1-6 short dot

They are a pretty shit company in many ways but they have some success rarely.
>>
>>33626756
I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T DO IT
FUCKING HOLOSUN DOES IT
CHINESE MOTHERFUCKERS
YOU CAN EVEN TURN THE CIRCLE OF THE CIRCLE DOT OFF WHEN YOU WANT

seriously I stopped wanting Aimpoints because of Holosun. I have a couple CompM2s but the rest of my red dots are Holosun
>>
Never understood red dot, is it really worth all its downfalls. Personally I just use iron sights.
>>
>>33629057
What downfalls?
>>
>>33628200
Burris fullfield 2, also look at maybe changing out the stock.
>>
>>33626756
>if aimpoint made a similiar reticle and housed it in their comp m4s or microdot tubes, they would pretty much crush eotech forever
Holosun.
>>
>>33629057
I have something to admit, I live in New Zealand and an sks is my battle rifle. I don't own any red dots. I'm sorry.
>>
>>33627889
Some models have an integrated laser sight. They also make an accessory that replaces the normal battery cover with a laser sight so you can upgrade most versions.
>>
>>33629023
just got a holosun 515c and I got no regrets

has a fucking solar panel and can run straight off it. Sighted it in and shot another 500 took it off attached it next week and it still was sighted in.

are the US manufactures ripping people off or are the chinks undercutting them that hard?
>>
>>33629204
I bet it's both
I got a 503 for $120 and a 515 for $180 (not that good a price on the 515 but fuck it it has flip caps)
If Aimpoint made a circle dot I would pay the $800 for it, just for one, and the rest would be Holosun
>>
To me it sounds like most of the people in this thread who had an eotech liked them.

I can't be the only one who thinks this whole thing is a bit overblown.
>>
>>33630528
EOtech>all other red dots and most scopes
There is a reason they are featured in games and movies
They are the best
>>
>>33626156
it affected the 55x line mostly, and very old 51x sights. the xps and newer were utter unaffected. eotech is part of L3 communications which is one of the largest defense contractors on the planet.

as far as i know, the outcome of the lawsuit was a settlement, a restructure, and a revision of the base design to avoid the thermal drift problem. even the internal memos talking about the problem said that a solution was readily available.
>>
>>33627383
>I miss my 512. It was awesome. But I am glad I got my money refunded.
Same. I almost got the E XPS3-0 a week ago but then a buddy sold me his TA31 for $400 so I did that instead.
>>
would a holosun survive on a semi 12 gauge? I love the ring reticle of the eotechs, but it's expensive and the shape of the unit itself is pretty shitty.
>>
Will the Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 be a worthy replacement of Eotechs?
>>
>>33626756
I honestly can't stand the EOTech reticle. There's too much going on for my tastes.
>>
>>33629388
I have had one for a few months now and for quick target acquisition up to 50 meters it's just about perfect. I love it.
>>
>>33629057
I use an aimpoint on my AR15. It's much better than iron sights in my opinion. 2moa is the dot size.
>>
File: 1379553448895.jpg (96KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
1379553448895.jpg
96KB, 694x694px
>be aimpointfag
>routinely fall for obvious shilling from people like larry snickers
>rountinely display cognitive dissonance with thermal drift and its mostly untested application to aimpoints
>routinely display cognitive dissonance about magnified red dots suggesting heavier setups variable setups and calling them categorically "better" while also implying they are lighter

>>33631732
I had an XPS3-0 that had the delamination issue, while my 2 year older 512 did not and still didn't until I got a refund for it recently. Of course I looked it up to figure out what was going on. I remember going to arfcom to find out more about the issue in early 2015 and there was a thread documenting this specific failure type. I then RMA'ed it to EOTech and they fixed it for free outside of the warranty.

What was really funny is that at the time the knowledge of this issue was in the public domain but no aimpointfags ever brought it up until the SOCOM suit happened over a year later. What's funny is aimpointfags unilaterally approve of other optics being illuminated by tritium which by design will fade over time no matter what. Kind of ironic, don't you think?

I still have my EXPS3-0 and just got a Holosun recently.

>>33632472
Sound like a sick deal - you got super lucky.

>>33632652
Porbably not.

>>33632761
>he probably hasn't even seen a horus reticle
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.