[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NFA Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Currently 20 looking to build my first SBR and get a suppressor for an AR.

>Any tips for newbies?

>What's a good but decently priced 5.56 can?

>Does the ATF put me on a list for Penis Inspection and Doggo Control?

>How long does it take for the ATF to decide I can have a slightly shorter barrel and avoid hearing loss?

>Are you happy with your SBR's and Suppressors?

>Will Trump unfuck the NFA?

As usual share your LEGAL setups
>>
>>33625224
Go to the ATF.gov FAQs, my supressor is nice and I wouldnt mind SBR'ing my 300memeout pistol, and Trump will do nothing to unfuck the NFA
>>
File: 14914402325871428454600.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14914402325871428454600.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
18 stamps so far, here is the newest. I would not expect seeing the NFA repealed anytime soon.
>>
>>33625224
Just build an AR-Pistol
>>
>>33625224
How long is the waiting period right now? I'd like to do a SBR and/or a few cans eventually.
>>
>Any tips for newbies?
Form 1 a quality AR lower then start with uppers
10.5 556
4.4 .22
>What's a good but decently priced 5.56 can?
omega 30 or saker 30

>How long does it take for the ATF to decide I can have a slightly shorter barrel and avoid hearing loss?
Forever.... 6 to 12 months
>Are you happy with your SBR's and Suppressors?
Yep
>Will Trump unfuck the NFA?
Not likely
>>
>>33625224
Have to be 21 for NFA items, BTW.

>Does the ATF put me on a list for Penis Inspection and Doggo Control?
If you mean a registry, yes.
>>
>>33626570
>$1,300
I know it's worthwhile because of the paper work but I'm in college with a delivery job and no gubment help. Looking around $850 tops.

If I can apply for the NFA paperwork then have 6-12 months to buy one then I guess I could do that, but over 1K is PTR money to me.

>>33626579
They won't inspect my home like with machine guns right?
>>
>>33626537
I am, but I want 5.56 so i can make my meme guns
(Patriot/M4A1s)
>>
File: IMG_6531.jpg (437KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6531.jpg
437KB, 768x1024px
>>33627069
No. If you're looking to be an NFA dealer or FFL they will inspect your place of business to make sure it's reasonably secure, so the shit won't get jacked easily. For form 1's and 4's there is no home inspection I've ever heard of. Machine guns would transfer on a form 4.

Just the 200, passport photos, fingers prints, LEO signing if individual and not trust (did they change that last bit so all need LEO signature??) and background check. Then you get your stamp. Then you get you're item.
>>
>>33627486

There's no longer law enforcement officer signature or approval. They only need to be notified following 41f.

I imagine if you had a LEO who used to deny them on their own personal bias you could draw a dick on your notification.
>>
>>33627069
$375 for a good lower = lmt defender 2000
$200 stamp Form 1
build the upper during the 6 to 8 month wait period

Don't go cheap NFA stuff tends to be permanent
>>
>>33627069
>If I can apply for the NFA paperwork then have 6-12 months to buy one
You can't do a manufacture (form 1) or transfer (form 4) until you have the item's serial number. So you'd buy the firearm upfront
>>
>>33626579
You don't need to be 18 to manufacture an NFA item. You do need to be 21 to buy most lowers because AR pistols are a thing; however I found a legal way around this.

Because of my intentions, having someone purchase a complete lower with a stock with my money, but not owning it until I have the parts to manufacture a legal non-NFA rifle is completely legal. Therefore it can't be a straw purchase. Also this person lives 3 hours away so I won't even by in the same county where ""my"" lower is.

I'm assuming the same goes for owning an AR but also owning shorter barrels because the ATF can say you have the ability to make an SBR without a stamp so it's illegal.

Or am I wrong on that last part?

>>33627642
I was talking about the cans, but if that applies to that as well then thank you anon.

>>33627611
Yeah, I'll just get a faux suppressor until then.

What is suppressor maintenance like?
>>
>>33625224
have to be 21 to buy NFA
learn how to use google before you make shitty threads fuckin christ m8
>>
I swore off NFA after 41F but man am I getting the bug again.
>>
>>33627859
>I'm assuming the same goes for owning an AR but also owning shorter barrels because the ATF can say you have the ability to make an SBR without a stamp so it's illegal.
>Or am I wrong on that last part?

You are. It's different than other NFA items. SBRs are only illegal when assembled without a stamp. The ATF can't arrest you for merely having all the parts.
>>
File: 1461372287549.jpg (91KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1461372287549.jpg
91KB, 459x612px
>>33627907
>that pic
jiminy christmas
>>
>>33627859

Instead of all this overcomplicated and probably illegal insanity, why not just buy a fucking lower from a private sale?

>You do need to be 21 to buy most lowers because AR pistols are a thing
That's unrelated. Any firearm that isn't a complete rifle or shotgun is 21+ to transfer from FFL

>>33627859
>I found a legal way around this.
If you're confident that it's legal why bother with the sketchy straw-purchase and "aha it's 3 hour away" bullshit? Have your shit sorted out and in the open if you want to fuck with nfa registration.

Also "complete lower with stock" doesn't matter since that isn't a completed rifle (no barrel)
>>
Does anyone know if the ATF is processing F1/4's filed after 7/20 from MA? I called them and was directed to a message center but never heard anything back.
>>
>>33627984
https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times
>>
>>33628077
Our AG pulled some crazy bullshit last year that for a time caused the ATF to completely stop approving forms from MA.

There are a couple reports since then of some forms getting approved, but they have all been forms submitted before the 7/20 guidance.

I want to know if it'd even be worth submitting a F1 now, or if it would be a waste of my time/money.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170412-234909.png (416KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170412-234909.png
416KB, 1440x2560px
>>33627947
Because I'm building an AR part by part I may be 21 when I get everything I want on sale.

Sorry for the insanity part, but my family and closest friends live 3 hours away as well as my favourite gun shop. The gun shops here suck, and I don't mention my hobby of firearms to anyone for obvious reasons so I don't trust anyone here. Hope that clears things up, it's really more of a beneficial coincidence than a legal plan.

>>33627907
>the only SBR that gives a legitimate excuse to own pistol braces
How's your wrist holdin up? Or limping I should say

>>33627874
>buy
>overpriced shitty AR in mall ninja style from a crappy gunshop
No thanks anon, I actually have good tastes when it comes to firearms, going for an M4A1 style or just attaching a carrying handle. Not going to buy anymore because AR 15's are versatile, I have over a hundred potential guns for the price of one.
>>
>>33627874
Also NFA threads are pretty common, and like I said I'm better off just ripping that SBR bandaid off my AR so I can get the most out of it.
>>
>>33628320
Recoil isn't as bad as you might think. Stout But not wristbreaker tier.
>>
>>33628320
>Because I'm building an AR part by part I may be 21 when I get everything I want on sale.
Again, why not just buy a $60 lower from a private seller and build up from there?
Or just buy something like a colt 6920, form 1 it, and sell the upper? You'd recoup a big chunk of the cost that way if money is your issue

>>33628320
>buy overpriced shitty AR in mall ninja style from a crappy gunshop
This doesn't make any sense. Factory SBRs are fairly rare to see in any gunshop, and are typically only made by Colt, LMT, and Daniel Defense, which are about as "M4A1 style" as you can get.

No offense but every post you've added has made things twice as unclear. Especially if you weren't aware of fundamental things like >>33627486 there are scores of more subtle issues and technicalities that are going to screw you up unless you do a lot more reading on both gca and nfa. I have 3 stamps, more on the way, and I started before age 21 too.
>>
>>33629380
Again, no private sellers in the area.

Again this is a COLLEGE TOWN. Over HALF of the total population goes home on the weekend. That half of the population also cannot store firearms or firearm accessories legally on campus. And literally the world's largest gun show goes on bi-annually so most of the private sellers wait until then to sell.

I'm happy that SBR's are in that format in your area but mine is not the case, SBR's are pretty uncommon and when they are they look nothing like M4A1's.

Again, I'm manufacturing one not purchasing one. To purchase one i would need to be 21.

No I know about the Sheriff/LEO signature and everything else and that it's not required if you're going through a trust. I'm paranoid about being on list for obvious reasons.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.