[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help /k - how can I convince my parents to let me keep a gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1462.jpg (363KB, 2050x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1462.jpg
363KB, 2050x900px
Hey /k I need some help. I really want to buy pic related but my parents are deadset on nofuns in their house. How can I convince them otherwise?

Let me give you some background.

>be me, 19
>want to develop some hobbies
>like guns
>consider getting license
>can afford milsurps
>fuckye.png
>suburbanite parents are terrified of guns
>fugg

Inb4 "just move out kiddo"
Not an option. The real estate market in my area is completely fucked and I wouldnt be able to get a job that pays enough to live alone while I attend school even if housing was semi affordable.

Can't get a roommate either. All my friends are poor retards and the only semi affordable housing nearby is student housing, which bans weapons.

Wat do m80s?
>>
I wouldn't let you buy a Mosin if I were your parents, either. Get a Mauser. Cheaper and better.
>>
File: Baker-sensei_with_a_Mosin_91-30.jpg (148KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Baker-sensei_with_a_Mosin_91-30.jpg
148KB, 1200x1697px
>>33622671
>can afford milsurps
If you can't afford to get your own place, you can't afford the milsurp market anymore.
>>
move out
>>
>>33622708

A nugget is around $400 where I live.

Its more affordable than paying $1200+ per month for a closet
>>
>>33622712

Google search: "How to read"
>>
>>33622671
Hold them at gun point and tell them that their liberal left wing views are worth nothing if they can't protect themselves.

Then violently anally rape your father with a dildo attachment that doubles as your bayonet
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>33622671
Keep your guns at a friend's house maybe?

If you are just looking for a hobby stash your rifle at a buddy's place in-between range trips. Compensate him with blowjobs or ammunition and everyone's happy
>>
File: IMG_1452.jpg (12KB, 206x205px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1452.jpg
12KB, 206x205px
>>33622732
>>
>>33622717
Get the fuck out of California.
>>
>>33622746

Good thinking desu. Ill have to see how legal that is.

Thanks!
>>
File: 1491236777992.jpg (11KB, 243x362px) Image search: [Google]
1491236777992.jpg
11KB, 243x362px
>19
>living with parents
Lel
>>
File: IMG_1223.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>33622759
Oh I'm not from there...

Even worse...

C A N A D A
A
N
A
D
A
>>
>>33622775

Literally what? Where is it normal for 19 year olds to move out by now?
>>
>>33622671
Hunt down a Finnish mosin if you want to scratch your mosin itch. As for the gun itself, just treat it like a Jew in ww2.(no pol, not gas it. Shoot it, yes, gas it no) Buy a gun, smuggle it in the house and keep it that way. There's no need to be such a little bitch on the subject. Quite frankly your parents can go suck a dick, but I suspect your dad already does before the other guys fucks your mother.
>>
File: 1464026045432.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1464026045432.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>He lives in a shitty state where you need as license to own firearms
>He lives with his parents in such a shitty state
>His parents who have voted to make the state so shitty want to enforce their views on their house
>He becomes so autistic he cries to a chinese imageboard about how his parents suck
>He actually has convinced himself he can't move out because "muh schooling"
>He can't just wait for a few years until he gets an actual job to get his """""""""""le epic funz xD""""""""""""
>mfw
>>
>>33622781
Apologize to your parents, Zheng.
>>
File: IMG_1443.jpg (101KB, 486x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1443.jpg
101KB, 486x442px
>>33622815
>he is incapable of fucking reading
>asking for some breddy simple advice without being negative at all
>autistic crying somehow

>>33622831
I'm huwhite, fren :^)
>>
>>33622789
I was, my friends that aren't stoners were.

Currently 22, put myself through college and paid rent, worked minimum wage jobs. Don't fall for the "life is unaffordable" meme.
>>
>>33622900

Where do you live anon?

Where I'm from (Canada) even the ghettos are unaffordable for somebody like me.

This is the norm here. Out my entire graduating class of 200 only 3 people live on their own*

*they can afford to because bf/gf dual income

*not living in student housing
>>
>>33622964
I live in a house outside town in the upper Peninsula of michigan. Rent is 650 for a 3bdr house. Between my girlfriend and i, we live without a budget working about 20 hr/wk each
>>
>>33623051
just buy it you cuck and keep it under your bed.
>>
>>33623051
Here rent for a starter apartment is $1250 USD minimum unless you want to live in the absolute ghetto.

T. NYC metro area NJ

I fucking hate this place - working 25 a week at $11.50 and paying for school until my GPA is high enough to qualify for grants I'm still losing money.
>>
>>33622900
> put myself through college
> minimum wage
How's being in crippling amounts of debt putting yourself through anything? There's no place in the states where you can live on your own, feed yourself and pay college tuition on less than 40k and even that is pushing it. You used student loans, that's just pushing the cost. It's not wrong just get off your high horse about it.
>>
>>33623051

>650 for a 3brdm house

Fucking KEK
Where i live you would be lucky to get a sub 700sqft 1bd apartment in the total boonies for double that.
>>
>>33622703
"No son of mine will be a filthy Commie! Boy, you're getting a Garand or your getting an ass-whoopin'!"
>>
>>33623138
The city I came from was like that. You gotta move away or get cucked by a corrupt system designed to choke development and your wallet.
>>
>>33622671
>moving out not an option ...
Bitch please. I had 3 roommates at 19 and worked PART TIME at jimmy johns. I always made my rent money.
You can move out, you just don't really want to.
Man the fuck up
>>
>>33623170
Keep telling yourself that. Coops for my field pay over $20/hr. Work for peanuts during the year, pay off your loans in the summer.

>>33623225
I guess you're not really in the boonies or you'd find deals like mine regularly.
>>
>>33622671
Tell them you want to "collect antique rifles". It's not far off the truth, and it sells it as you liking antiques, not as you hoarding guns.
>>
>>33623334
Oh so it wasn't minimum wage jobs then. I was right. Fag.
>>
>>33622671
>Inb4 "just move out kiddo"
>Not an option. The real estate market in my area is completely fucked and I wouldnt be able to get a job that pays enough to live alone while I attend school even if housing was semi affordable.

You are an insufferable faggot with no spine whatsoever. How do you think white people ever got to California in the first place? You could move out but you are just a pussy. I was homeless after I turned 18 living in my truck for a few months before I saved enough and found a place to live. Today I own my home without a mortgage. Never went to college and I have 14 guns.
>>
I used to be like you OP, but during my last 2 years living with my narcissistic mother I managed to buy 3 and she was none the wiser. What made me decide to take the risk was realizing why she was afraid of/hated guns (not because they're dangerous but because they're "low class" and associated with people they don't like) not to mention the realization that I would be out on my own sooner rather than later as she displayed more and more narcissistic disorder traits showing she would not be a reliable support for much longer. If anything, guns were a huge positive for me since they showed me how to be confident and that I could trust myself, 2 things she never allowed me to feel.

It's a shitty thing to do if your parents are normal, but what they don't know won't hurt them.
>>
>>33622717
I pay that a month for a 3 bedroom house on a corner lot and a 2 stall garage

Get the fuck out of your shithole
>>
>Sit down with your parents and ask why they dislike guns so much. Don't sperg out on them, just have a conversation with them and ask them why they dislike guns so much. Listen to their views and actually try to understand where they're coming from, instead of just shooting down everything they say with facts you found on 4chan. If either side starts to get too heated up, just drop the topic before it gets out of hand. Show they that you're not the type of person who gets angry and upset so easily; They might be afraid you'll pull a gun over losing an argument.
>Over time, keep bringing up the topic of guns when applicable. If you can, show them that you already know a lot about guns, so that way they might end up trusting you more if you show them you know your stuff. Ask if they'd like to go to the gun store, or a gun show, or anything that will allow you to show them that you're educated on the subject. Again, if they refuse, then don't pressure them. Make them understand that you truly have a passion for shooting and firearms, so that they'll start to see guns as more of a sporting item, rather than a baby-killing machine of death.
>Give them time to accept your views and slowly start to get them to understand the truth about gun control and all that stuff. However, don't bring up each point as if you're trying to BTFO them in an argument; Make them understand how statistics are often skewed and how the media and Hollywood often make guns out to be worse than they really are. If they're rational people, they'll start to listen to you at this point. If you know someone else who owns guns, ask if they could take you and your family shooting sometime, to help familiarize them with firearms. If you're lucky, your family may end up buying some guns for themselves. However, you should just be happy if they finally agree to let you own your own firearm, even if it's begrudgingly.

Alternatively,
>Join the military, do your 4 years, and then start living on your own
>>
>>33622781
Bro mosins are 200 in canada what the fuck are you even saying
>>
>>33622891
Your from Vancouver and you to to UBC. Am I right?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.