[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ hate the Browning High Power?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: browninghprhprofile.jpg (75KB, 585x347px) Image search: [Google]
browninghprhprofile.jpg
75KB, 585x347px
I always see /k/ shitting on the high powers in threads but never really hear any technical criticism. What's your beef lads? I could buy one new for half off msrp why shouldn't I?
>>
Because shitty people like you make shitty threads like this.
>>
F E D O R A
E
D
O
R
A
>>
>>33621838
>/k/ hates the Hi-Power

good one, OP
>>
>>33621838
It's just bantz. Some people get a little too defensive about their hand fedora though.
>>
>>33621838
its just glockfags mad that their precious stolen title of """perfection""" actually belongs to Hi Powers and they cry themselves to sleep every night knowing they will waste the rest of their miserable lives shilling a hunk of shit
>>
>>33621838
No one on /k/ hates the hi-power. People on /k/ hate when some autist gets a beat to fuck trade-in and parades it around as the greatest creation mankind ever concocted.

Very similar to the way /k/ hates most brand elitists (glockfags). Unfortunately the firearms themselves, which are often pretty great, take the hit publicity wise because their shitty fanbase tries to shove their tastes and opinions down everyones throat like radical muslims.
>>
>>33621906
>Most of /k/ hates Glock because of buyers remorse
ftfy
Not my fault your hunk of shit will never be glock perfect
>>
>>33621838
It's an ok pistol, really good for it's time. Started showing some age a long time ago though.

I think most people will agree with me that removing the magazine disconnect and getting MecGar 15 round mags is a given if it's a gun you're gonna be actually using for practical purposes.

Most of the people bitching are probably 1911 fags hyperventilating because someone told them the Hi-Power is objectively a better pistol than an A1. Which it is, if you take out the disconnect.

>no faggot grip safety
>roughly twice the capacity
>slide release for grown men with large hands

>>33621849
Memelord.

>>33621906
Beat to fuck tradeins can be decent value, get the shitty finish stripped and slap some cerakote on, maybe replace the springs and mags; you could have a pretty decent shooter for under $400 if you put your mind to it.
>>
>>33621838
It's considered a hand fedora- an acsessory for those who think the fact that it's classy with rich history means that they'll be classy and interesting if they have one.
In more practical terms, while it is a holy relic of JMB, practically a good CZ outclasses it.
>>
>never really hear any technical criticism.
Heres one, that mag safety is the worst idea in the world.
Fact is, while it was the best pistol of WW2, its been surpassed by cheaper or handier designs in pretty much every aspect.
Hell, the High power isn't even the best high power. CZs are better and 941s are better again if you dont mind weight.
If that counts as shitting on, w/e but it gets such a tepid reception because by modern standards its just thoroughly mediocre.
>>
>>33621906
This

Poorfags have been shilling surplus Hi-Powers here lately, trying to justify their $400 beat to shit surplus as the only Hi-Power you need to buy, saying you don't need to spend $900 on a new one.
>>
File: recover-tactical-hi-power-grips2.jpg (476KB, 1500x1048px) Image search: [Google]
recover-tactical-hi-power-grips2.jpg
476KB, 1500x1048px
>>33621974
>relic
Pff, those fags would have a fit if I told them I'd buy an old Hungarian one with a sightrib, cerakoted it in a two-tone, and put those goofy ReCover Tactical grips on them (the ones which give you a forward rail).

I'd do it for fun, too.
>>
>>33621977
I think the CZ and Jericho are too substantially different to be called copies.

>inverted sliderails
>DA/SA
>no faggot disconnect
>>
>>33621838
Hi Point =/= Hi Power
>>
>>33621838
/k/ hates hi points, not hi powers.
>>
File: hh.jpg (568KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
568KB, 3264x2448px
I dont hate it, Ill take it over a glock 19 any day of the week for carry.
>>
>>33622022
i bought an FEG clone for 250 a while back. it's now sitting disassembled in a box under my gun bench. wish I had my 250 back. I finally ponied up for a mkI target model for 800. without a doubt one of my favorite handgats
>>
>>33622046
Hi-Points are a different story, many would settle for it being an acceptable poverty pistol for that fact that it doesn't break, isn't an unsafe deathtrap, and is in worthwhile chamberings, unlike the typical Ring Of Fire competitor.
Also their customer service basically begs you to abuse them.
>>
>>33621838
The only bad thing about the Hi-Power is the magazine disconnect making the trigger pull 8 lbs and then trying to knock-out the trigger pin which is fucking impossible to do without a press.
>>
>>33622050
Wrong again, newfag.

>>33622022
Maybe it was a while ago but couldn't you get them for substantially cheaper? Or am I thinking of the P9R?

>>33622070
What, can't put it back together?
>>
File: f22C1mC.png (3MB, 1304x1808px) Image search: [Google]
f22C1mC.png
3MB, 1304x1808px
>>33622022
But even if you dont trust surplus, (Dont know why you wouldnt) you can buy used non surplus for sub 600? Why would you pay more when you dont have to.

Top is surplus I got for 375, bottom is a used civilian market gun I got for 585 in my hand.
>>
>>33622093
No, since last year Israel as been dumping their beat to shit Hi-Powers onto the U.S., poorfags have been buying them and trying to justify their purchase even though they're in terrible shape.
>>
>>33622086
It's kind of low capacity for it's size, if you consider that many old "Wondernines" can easily get flushfitting 17 or 18 round mags these days.
>>
>>33622097
>(Don't know why you wouldn't)

You just answered your own question, that top one is in shit shape.
>>
>>33621838
1911 wannabees
>>
>>33622120
(you)s inbound, 7/10.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 320x179px
>>33622120
>>
>>33622093
I was in the process of rebluing it. I took shortcuts I shouldnt have and I'd rather not recount my stupidity once again.
anyway its sitting in a box half because of my stupidity and half because its a shit clone
>>
>>33622117
Its in great shape, some of the parkerizing has rubbed off but its my carry piece. You dont even know what your talking about, the worst part about teh top gun is the parkerizing scratches easy, like parkerizing does, other than that the internals and operation are close to identical, with the surplus actually running a bit smoother because its been broken in.
>>
>>33622171
I do know what I'm talking about, I bought a surplus Hi-Power from CDI that was advertised as good shape. It had pitting under the grips and in the barrel.
>>
File: 411550930.jpg (528KB, 1000x629px) Image search: [Google]
411550930.jpg
528KB, 1000x629px
>>33622104
Ah, I guess I'm thinking of the Hungry P9R Feggot, then, you could find them for like 300 dollaridoos last I checked, often below.

But seriously, the Israelis are selling the fuckers for $400? For that price they should be refurbished.
>>
>>33622189
Yea, some guy made a rage thread when he bought on from AIM Surplus, it had pitting inside the frame and bore and was being sold for $600 cause it was 'refinished'
>>
>>33622189
>a Hi Power and a 59 had a retarded baby
>>
>>33622196
>$600
>pitting
Jesus.

>>33622202
I like both of those so it seems like an alright deal to me.
>>
>>33622183
You mean the NRA rating of good that CDIsales uses?
>GOOD: In safe working condition, minor wear on working surfaces, no broken parts, no corrosion or pitting that will interfere with proper functioning.

Literally the one above the worst rating they give. The surplus I got was listed with a very good bore and a very good overall. Look up what the ratings mean next time.
Besides, CDI posts bore pics, you made a shit choice, its your own fault if you chose a shit gun.

>>33622189
Most of them are refurbished with parkerizing and mis matched parts to make working guns if the bore is shot out or the slide rails and locking lugs are worn.
>>
>>33621838
>technical criticism.
Literally every time I tell people not to buy them I give technical criticism.
>>
>>33622233
Man you're really trying hard to justify buying a beat to shit Hi-power. Just stop
>>
>>33622245
But I didnt though? You did and are projecting your buyers remorse after making a bad choice.
>>
Noguns hating what they cant have.

To own one is to love it.
>>
>>33622110
Actually you're fucking wrong

>Quality 15 round magazines from mecgar
>gun is the same height (that's from bottom of grip to top of slide) as a glock 19
>Considerably more concealable than a wonder 9 with a MUCH better single action trigger assuming the mag safety is removed ( easy fix for any one thats not a mongoloid)
>>
>>33622070
I'll buy it off you /k/omrade!

You anywhere near NE Ohio?
>>
>>33622237
Other than the easily replaceable mag disconnect the only downside to the high power is that it's heavier than polymer pistols.
With a good holster it's a non factor as 32 ounces isn't that bad
>>
>>33622295
>much better trigger
I'm going to stop you right there. It's trash, it always will be trash. The break feels like you're snapping someone's big meaty toes. No, removing the magazine safety doesn't fix that. It also doesn't fix the reset that's about as noticeable as you were in high school.
>>
>>33622339
Im sorry your glock brand glock trigger that is 10 pounds with 2 inches of travel and a smaller trigger on your trigger as a safety is recognized as an actual "Good trigger"
>>
>>33622219
>liking a slide safety
>we share a board with these people
>>
>>33622295
The Glock style of quasi-DAO trigger is perhaps the most cancerous trend in the past decade.

Like I'm not even opposed to a trigger safety, it's just a super mediocre break.

I didn't even compare it to a Glock in my post either, you insecure, projecting fanboy, my statement was; "If you want to use a Hi-Power for practical purposes, these upgrades are mandatory".

At no point did I say this would make an excellent gun, and NOWHERE do I even mention Glock.
>>
>>33622374
There's nothing wrong with slide safeties unless you have inhumanly fat fingers, arthritis, or fibromyalgia.

You probably cry about Berettas too.
>>
>>33621946
How much does cerakoting cost?
>>
>>33621838
>See one person shitting on your precious meme waifu
>Cry yourself to sleep wondering why the /k/ hivemind has to hate you so much
>They just can't understand your love

Every time.
>>
>>33622404
Oh shut the fuck up
my reference to the glock 19 was for size - as it shares the same capacity as well as the same height
So no you are still wrong, with flush fitting 15s the hi power is not low capacity for its size

Cunt.
>>
>>33622429
Depends, roughly $90 isn't uncommon, but there's options on colors, as well as if you want it air dried or baked on, as well as who is doing it, you could also try to do it yourself.

If something cheap like some of the overseas surplus pistols, it can be worth it, like some FEGs can be $280 with magazines.
>>
>>33622430
bbbut anon I don't even own one... I'm just wondering if they have big issues because I can get one relatively cheaply ;_;
>>
>>33622339
Don't know what to tell you other than you probably haven't gotten a chance to pull the trigger on a fn commercial hi power with mag disconnect removed. It has far less creep and take up than da/sa pistols like the cz75. There is basically no appreciable reset, but I can still perform double taps at the range pretty effortlessly
>>
>>33622302
kansas city
I've been wanting to sell it for parts but I didn't think anyone would take it
>>
>>33622493
>fuck you, a Glock is better
>not talking about Glock
>fuck you, it's smaller but holds more

Doesn't fucking matter, some people don't like plastic frames, some people hate the Glock memetrigger, some people are picky about grip sizes and shapes, some people buy a gun for purposes other than CC, someone who buys a Hi-Power these days is almost certainly not doing so because he thinks it'll be a great CC gun.
>>
>>33622540
As much as I love the grip on my CZ, the trigger does leave some to be desired with creep and reset.
>>
>>33622578
Im a guy who did so thinking itd be a great CC gun as a driver. And it is.
>>
>>33621923
>mfw I don't like glock for my own reasons

You must have some pretty strong quads, jumping to conclusions like that.

>>33621946

>beat to fuck trade-ins can be a good value

Oh absolutely, I never said they weren't. The whole point of my post was that the firearms get a bad rap sometimes because the rabid fanboys don't see "good shooter, great value", they see "good=best, everything else is a waste of money". Thats what turns some people off. Unwarranted pushiness leads to resistance and all that.

I'd actually like to own one myself, but I have other things higher on the "to buy" list. One day though.
>>
>>33621923
Nevermind, I realise I just took the bait. Just in case you aren't trolling though, I think they're great pistols if you're into that with a stellar aftermarket. I'm just not into them subjectively, but that's ok. Adults are allowed to have opposing opinions, and yours are certaonly as valid as mine. I'm this guy btw (>>33622619)
>>
>>33622540
>Don't know what to tell you other than you probably haven't gotten a chance to pull the trigger on a fn commercial hi power
Yea, except I have a MkIII commercial Hi Power. Says Browning on it and everything.
>>
>>33622702
Prove it faggot, the trigger is very easy to make much better.
>>
>>33622613
It's better than no gun, works just fine, and the size is hardly an issue for people who aren't manlets, but it's low capacity for it's size is a drawback to me, I personally feel I can do better.

I certainly wouldn't feel underarmed with one, but for me, I have two ideas for CC; a small but reasonably controllable .38 snub (SP101), or a full sized pistol, and for the latter, I want high capacity, so I'd really want something like a 5906, CZ75, 92A1, or an FNX9, something that fits at least 17+1 flush.
>>
>>33622729
I carry when I drive people around and 15+1 base isnt that much worse when I can easily conceal an extended 17rd mag because of the short grip with a 20rd in the console.
>>
>>33622766
Where do you even find 17rd mags today?
>>
>>33621838
>weight
>magazine safety
>low magazine capacity
>unnecessarily heavy trigger
>manual safety
>spur hammer

"never really hear any technical criticism"

It should be self-evident what the undesirable qualities are if you aren't a window licker.
>>
>>33621838
>why does /k/ hates 1911
>why does /k/ hates glock
>why does /k/ hates hi-power

majority of /k/ doesn't hate any of them, but rather shitty fanbases those guns have
>>
>>33622816
Mag extensions, not a 17 rd mag. Its a modified floorplate that goes onto 15 rd mags that adds 2. Works great, just looks dumb unless your into hi speed low drag john wick BS.
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazine-parts/magazine-extension/fits-beretta-92-browning-hi-power-adds-2-sku092000002-71326-5270.aspx
>>
File: 1489786855429.jpg (20KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
1489786855429.jpg
20KB, 404x404px
>>33622834
Oh hello obvious sheltered burger! Some people, like OP live in Canada!

>weight is irrelevant if you can only shoot at a range.
>mag capacity in Canada is 10rnds anyway
>mag safety can be removed
>removing mag safety improves trigger
>uh oh too complex for burger brain!
>not an argument

American education everyone!
>>
>>33622834
Spur hammers are objectively better than combat or ring style hammers.

Weight would be fine it held a few more rounds.

Manual safety can be ignored.
>>
>>33622912
>let me tell you all the ways our bull Jamal fucks my wife
>t. cuck

I don't know if your post was intended as a strike against Americans or an obvious false flag, but bravo nonetheless.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.