[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prep Thread General /PrTG/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

General questions, queries, discuss. Post whatever you like.

Whether you are preparing for Shtf Teotwawki, or just a tornado all are welcome.

I have misplaced the pastebin I'm sure somebody can find it for me.
>>
Saving up for a 30-06 bolt atm

That velocity, hnnnng
>>
>>33621949
What one are you looking at?
>>
>>33622064

Ruger american or weatherby vanguard.
>>
How do you guys pick a temporary bug out location? What do you look for?
>>
File: 1491985783441.jpg (68KB, 888x499px) Image search: [Google]
1491985783441.jpg
68KB, 888x499px
>>33623685

Proximity to home
Proximity to nuclear targets
Ability to make it in shtf situation, I live in Phoenix and can be on dirt in 2 miles from my house and stay on dirt until I get to both my locations.
Long term sustainability (springs or rivers for water, fishing, hunting, growing seasons)
How hidden is it (can you dig into hillsides)
Can you fortify the roads leading to your location? Can you booby trap the roads? Can you set up a "toll" to reap supplies from wondering idiots?

>temporary he said
Use it as an excuse to go MIA and never go back.
>>
File: pemmican.jpg (1MB, 2256x1496px) Image search: [Google]
pemmican.jpg
1MB, 2256x1496px
>>33621704
What is your favorite SHTF food? Pemmican has saved my life on numerous arctic explorations with my crew
>>
>>33623962

Snake. Easy as shit to find (lawl rattler noise) easy to skin, clean, and cook. And it's quite tasty.
>>
>>33623949
How are you meant to find these locations?
Especially when one lives in a small Eastern European country?
>>
>>33624024
Best way I've found is look at maps of your area, find areas that are far enough out that most of the public won't find it but close enough to trails that you can easily access it. Of course this only really applies to temporarily stopover locations.

More long term fixed positions you need to be looking at either owning the land and building on it, bugging out to a friend or relative or bugging in.

The idea of running away and living off the land in the woods is a sure fire way to end in death.

(Oh and don't hide shit in peoples gas meter boxes)
>>
>>33624024

>>33624024

I live in southwest us, so finding cheap land in rugged desert canyons was easy, the secluded land in the mountains that was affordable was a little bit harder.

In your case, I have no idea and would probably bug in. Do you have a basement? Or live in a house you can fortify and keep supplies? Do you live in the countryside where you would be left alone?
>>
File: 1486840709138m.jpg (76KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486840709138m.jpg
76KB, 1024x576px
I remember there was a Chemanon on here a while ago, was it the organic vapor/acid gas filter that covered the majority of issues.
>>
>>33623986
Always wanted to eat snake. someday ill head southwest. or just south.
>>
>>33624813

It's good eating. Very close to gator. If you deboned it, it could be substituted for chicken in recipes very well
>>
File: Crazy-Prepper.jpg (8KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy-Prepper.jpg
8KB, 290x174px
Bumping with a question, what do you guys that have puppers plan to do with your puppers? Are you going to set them loose or bring them with you or are you bugging in so it doesn't matter either way.
>>
>>33627601

Bring them with. I only have 2 but i would be very upset without them
>>
>>33624726
Yes. Up to and including nerve agents. Most manufacturers sell a multigas cartridge that covers the OV/AG part of the spectrum.

You'll want the ones with P-100 prefilters.
>>
>>33627601
Bug in. Dog and cats stay with. They all have a purpose.

Cats are very effective at keeping vermin and birds off of the crops, dog is a good security system.

If I had to bug out, they go with.
>>
>>33630975
Yeah that's what I thought. Cheers
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.