[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Syria Chemical Attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: bDuY1lUCD8s.jpg (229KB, 704x2048px) Image search: [Google]
bDuY1lUCD8s.jpg
229KB, 704x2048px
So the bomb that was used in the Khan Sheikhoun chemical attack last week seems to have been a soviet-made OBAS-250-235.

(pic related)
>>
File: C8kp1xyXsAAdxTA.jpg (124KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
C8kp1xyXsAAdxTA.jpg
124KB, 960x640px
>>33621246

Note the cap and the green band on the metal debris in the impact crater.
>>
>>33621246
Source?
Any indication by whom it was used?
How does it work?
>>
File: IMG_5217.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5217.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>
>>33621296

http://warisboring.com/flights-from-syrian-base-fell-sharply-after-u-s-strike/

Click on the links if you want to see more images.
>>
Etymologically impossible, Bashar Al-Assad would never have done that to civilians.
>>
>>33621246
Oh boy, i cant wait to see what constructive dialogue this thread will contain...:p
>>
File: C8ksnzFXUAEDy_Z.jpg (193KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
C8ksnzFXUAEDy_Z.jpg
193KB, 960x720px
>>33621270

Better image of the cap.
>>
>>33621421
>>33621569

>thinking because the bomb was Soviet made it was Russian attack

When Soviet made DShKs fire Soviet made 12.7x108mm rounds, do we say it was the Russians?

When Iraq launched Soviet made R-11s against Iran and Iran against Iraq, did we blame the USSR for the attacks?

All this shows really is that the Soviets or Russians at some point transfered the technology of the FAB-250 derived aerosol bomb to Syria, or that the old stocks are still in use.
>>
>>33621669

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFW_FDUzkc&t=83s

Video from a Russian plant for chemical weapons dismantling.

You can see the workers handling what looks to be an identical bomb starting at 1:04.

They remove the cap at 1:20.

I hear her say "Sarin" at 1:20 too, can anyone translate that part?
>>
>>33621753
Why are you tagging me >>33621569 ?
>>
>>33621753

I don't think anyone is saying this was a Russian attack.
This just makes it hard to believe that it wasn't a syrian air force air attack.
>>
>>33621553
>Etymologically

That word, I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>33621815
From a friend from Belarus:

0:00-0:08 this is an antidote for the chemical weapon

0:08-0:16
it needs to be said that it has not once been administered yet
"even pros have a difficult time dealing with these chemicals, they need to wear these outfits"

for at least three hours the pro must wear this suit and can breathe only through a gas mask

up to 0:42
"extremely cautious environment is set up to create a chemical reaction between the poison gas and the antidote/anti-compound

"after we get some data we calculate a linear regression to estimate when the room will be safe"

up to 1:09
"the USSR, USA, and other EU nations actively manufactured chemical weapons during the cold war"

"in 2008 everyone began the process of decomissioning the chemical weapons"

"one of these chemicals is sarin, which was recently used against people"

they show some syrians affected by chemical attacks
and then they say "russia currently has no chemical weapons, they were fully decomissioned"
but I'd take that with a grain of salt...

then they talk about the mechanics of the sarin bombs
in a museum I assume
>>
>>33622624
>>33621815
"these bombs were once terrifying constructs full of sarin gas but now they sit harmlessly in a museum, our nation has never used them in its history"
"these interior pieces of metal were once fatal to even be in the same room with you, and now they're harmless chunks of metal"

"they use bioindicators around the facility to gauge the effects of this military warehouse on the environment, they raise squirrels, bunnies, and even ostriches"

"civilians are allowed to walk around the outside of the facility and admire the animals" ...I think?
>>
>>33622624
>"one of these chemicals is sarin, which was recently used against people"
And that was the last time this person was ever seen again.
>>
>>33622624
>>33622659

Oh i see, i thought they might be talking about the bombs shown specifically.
Thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>33621753
>All this shows really is that the Soviets or Russians at some point transfered the technology of the FAB-250 derived aerosol bomb to Syria, or that the old stocks are still in use.

Or that the Americans transfered Libyan weapons to Syrian rebels who used them to frame Assad.
>>
>>33622880
The US has no reason to frame Assad, if the US wants Assad's airplanes out of the sky they could use special forces dressed as rebels with MANPADS to bring them down.
>>
>>33623080
The Russians tried that in Ukraine, and we found out. What makes you think we could do it in Syria without the Russians finding out?
>>
>>33621296
Well I sure don't remember ISIS or any of the many rebel groups using aircraft capable of dropping actual bombs (and not just IEDs like ISIS's drones)..............................................................................................................
>>
>>33621270

I don't think the Green Band fits, though it might be just the angle.
>>
>>33623107
Russia literally deployed an SA-11 SAM vehicle with Russian markings over the border in Ukraine, and said vehicle was later captured on satellite imagery driving back across the Russian border with one of its missiles missing. A couple Americans with tanned or naturally darker skin in civvie garb with ex-Soviet MANPADS sourced from who knows where (locally-sourced, provided by a friendly nation with stocks of them, taken from US stocks of captured weapons that most likely exist, etc.) is a whole different animal.
>>
>>33622309
>Bashar Al-Assad
Obviously that's durka durka for "doesn't gas civilians"

Don't most of the munitions those countries have come from Russia?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.