[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berettas in .45?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0228.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So /k/. Tom Clancy is pretty gud about making all his novels contain non-fantasy weapons. His team in Rainbow Six carries MP5/10s (they are called MP10s in the book for simplicity) and Berettta .45s.

>book published in '98
>px4 produce from 2004-

What other .45s does Beretta make?
>>
File: IMG_0229.jpg (60KB, 700x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
60KB, 700x529px
>>33619724
Cougar in .45? So heres one. Any others?
>>
Beretta Model 8045 Cougar
>>
cougar.
>>
>>33619724
Probably artistic licensing.
Tom Clancy books are for getting war boners and what's not more boner inducing than .45 ACP?
>ywn have a 92fs in .45
>>
>>33619724
Don't expect anything resembling realism from Tom Clancy senpai
>>
Clancy was all about the plausible-but-not-quite-real. Hence the experimental handheld heartbeat sensors.
>>
>>33619765
>>33619743
Well fuck me running. They go for like $800 though and I can meme more with a HK.
>>
>>33619765
Huh. Good point.

>>33619786
Not realism but at least some anatomical correctness or reference.

>>33619786
Good point.

>>33619816
Kek ya and mags will be hard to find. I have a P230 and cant find anything but promags for under $50.
>>
>>33619724
That's the only Tom Clancy book I've read, but I really enjoyed it for anyone who isn't OP and is wondering if it's good or not.

The plots of subsequent books just didn't interest me though.
>>
>>33620156
I donno, I liked SSN. Sue me.
>>
File: RainbowSix_original.jpg (482KB, 733x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RainbowSix_original.jpg
482KB, 733x1000px
I don't know why, but the idea of a 10mm MP5 just suits perfectly to an elite group. It combines the best SMG with the best pistol round. In the videogames, in fact, you really didn't need any other weapon than the MP5, the other weapons where there for flavor.
>>
>>33620156
Subsequent books? Like without remorse and shit?
>>
>>33619724

The beretta 96 is just a 92 chambered for .40, so maybe he was just embiggening those a little for cool points.
>>
>>33619786
>don't expect realism from Tom Clancy
That was pretty stupid, anon. The man had turbo-autistically true to life background information-work laid out.

>>33619800
What he said.
>>
>Plebs not recognizing that The Hunt for Red October is the best Clancy book and that only the Jack Ryan books are worth reading.
>>
You know the 10mm MP5 is real, right?
>>
>>33620726
Yes my question was about the beretta 45. What beretta 45 could he have theoretically been refering to?>>33620726
>>
>>33619724
Fuck, a Beretta in.45 would be the best...
>>
>>33620758
Px4 and cougar seam to be it for pistols that arnt super old or historic. Something a team would buy/issue in the 90s. The px4 in 45 is pretty sweet imo so is the cougar.
>>
>>33619724
Why did Clancy waste a bunch of time describing how fancy and impregnable the Kansas facility was and then have the notional climax of the book be a turkey shoot down in South America? What a disappointing book.
>>
>>33621989
Start reading Clancy books from Red Storm Rising going forward. As he went, he got better at not highlighting upcoming plot points as he went (just look at the number of times one character tells another a plan that the readers don't get to read). The fact that he got better at misdirection was one of the things that made his books that much more fun to read because everything seemed like less of a foregone conclusion.
>>
File: Red_storm_rising.jpg (33KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
Red_storm_rising.jpg
33KB, 315x475px
This might be the most /k/ thing I ever read. I mean I really like the other Jack Ryan series books too. I was super butthurt when he died but I keep reading the Jack Ryan series that those two guys are pumping out just for character nostalgia. But they aren't too bad themselves.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.