[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

magazine interchangeability v2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hello people of /k/. I recently got an AMT Javelina (trade) which I would like to keep as a home defense gun. The one thing buggering me is the capacity (an 8-rounder). Could any other magazine fit in (like a GL20?)? Do extended mags exist?
First pistol, not that versed in mechanic. Thank you. (pictured is a javelina, not mine specifically)
>>
it's amazing how fast it dived to second page
>>
You bought a 10mm 1911.

It will do things 10mm 1911s should, like shoot 8 rounds. If you plan to miss more than that, get more magazines.

If you are firing more than 8 rounds of 10mm indoors without changing the course of a home invasion, reexamine your life choices.
>>
>>33619583
You're right. If 8 rounds doesn't stop it, more wouldn't BUT it's not like I sleep in a LBV. Hence, bigger mags.
>>
>>33619583
Also enjoy your eeeeeeeeeeee for life.
>>
Honest, I give NATO-certified cookies to whoever shall give assistance in this quest.
>>
File: tumblr_n0jlxrBVga1r9khx4o1_500.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0jlxrBVga1r9khx4o1_500.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
If you wanted pic related you should have bought one.

Full disclosure, I want a pic related.
>>
>>33619646
What? Who are you talking to? If it's me I don't understand what you ask
>>
>>33619527
Why would you buy a snowflake 10mm longslide for your first pistol?
>>
>>33619715
Traded it with a friend for an old carbine which I didn't shoot anymore. I just fell in love with the gun, it design, and the vast power of it all. +also a great range gun
>>
>>33619527
The AMT Javelina is kind of junky, as are all their autos, more often than not you'd have to put some work into them to make them run. There's a reason they stopped being a company.

Which isn't to say they can't be worthwhile and that you shouldn't have one, but it wouldn't be my goto home-defense gun.
For one it just has issues, for another, it's a rare gun and if you use it to blow away a home-invader, depending on where you live, it could end up in an evidence locker for years, maybe even get forgotten about, not something I'd want with a gun I'd cherish, especially given that guns that go through this process often come back in atrocious condition.

>>33619730
It's cool as shit, but it's a gall-happy relic, if you want 10mm for home defense, I'd get something that's currently made and actually reliable, Dan Wesson makes nice 1911s in 10mm, even a long-slide one.

Hold on to this thing for it's historical value and coolness. Also make sure to keep it well lubed.
>>
File: S70412-18494290.jpg (29KB, 344x423px) Image search: [Google]
S70412-18494290.jpg
29KB, 344x423px
>>33619527
>mfw that gun
>>
>>33619527
>Can I use a Glock 20 magazine in a 10mm 1911

I refuse to believe people this stupid actually exist.
>>
>>33619583
i'm sorry but i think i NEED more than 8 rounds to protect my 7-figure income /s
>>
>>33620558
Eh, I wasn't serious about that one.

>>33620717
7 figures income? Seriously? Well, come and try to live at slightly over minimal income while trying to keep your hobby and your household preserved.

>>33620534
Just realized the jackal-yness of it-all.
>>
>>33620337
Also thank you. For me, the question got its answer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.