[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the most tactically inaccurate battle in any war film ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: _20170409_210151.jpg (152KB, 1064x706px) Image search: [Google]
_20170409_210151.jpg
152KB, 1064x706px
Was this the most tactically inaccurate battle in any war film ever?
>>
The ones which are deemed the most realistic because that's when people forget it's still a movie and not real war footage.
>>
The ones made by the Chinese.
>>
File: Real_fuckin_hollywood_style.webm (2MB, 1054x438px) Image search: [Google]
Real_fuckin_hollywood_style.webm
2MB, 1054x438px
>>33619074
Are you talking like Michael Bay tactically inaccurate or more like JJ Abrams tactically inaccurate?
>>
>>33619074
Be more specific.

Do you mean "this movie shows an actual event, but portrays is inaccurately"
or
"none of this would ever have happened in this fictional engagement"
>>
>>33619111
Kek

What movie is this from? Is this a comedy flick? My almonds are activated
>>
File: mel gibson.jpg (62KB, 996x682px) Image search: [Google]
mel gibson.jpg
62KB, 996x682px
>>33619135
His newest masterpiece.
>>
>>33619135
It's the newest WW2 movie from Mel Gibson, Jewsaw Ridge.
>>
>>33619111
>>33619146
wew

Truly Mad Max
>>
>>33619074

Well, the finale scene of Zulu was pretty epic. In real world, several thousand zulus with spears were defeated by a hundred something brits with rifles. In the movie, the amount of dead zulus is portrayed as maybe 50 and the brits are not seen systematically slaughtering off the wounded zulus or burying them alive. Very neat.
>>
And the A Bridge Too Far shows about a hundred defeated Brits surrendering to the Germans. In reality, there were more than 6.000 brits surrendering.
>>
>>33619146
>>33619143

Wait are you fucking serious?! I thought it was supposed to be a serious film. How the fuck did they decide to include such a retarded scene in the movie??? I can't believe I'm not being trolled right now. I just watched the trailer and it's from the same movie. Jesus. Christ
>>
>>33619187
>>33619170

>People whining over classic movies that didn't use shitty meme CGI

Kys
>>
>>33619191
>I thought it was supposed to be a serious film

It is.

>How the fuck did they decide to include such a retarded scene in the movie??

The whole movie is a retarded scene.
>>
>>33619101
City of Life and Death?
>>
>>33619111

>carrying fully loaded BAR with one hand
>carrying a mans torso with the other
>hip firing whilst walking over rough ground
>japs all conveniently jump out of cover in unison
>>
>>33619198

I thought we were discussing tactical inaccuracies in movies. Perhaps you have a different agenda in mind?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.