[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any clay shooters on /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: ArmySkeetShooterCrop2.jpg (49KB, 956x360px) Image search: [Google]
ArmySkeetShooterCrop2.jpg
49KB, 956x360px
Any clay shooters on /k/?
>>
I shoot sporting clays
>>
All of my shots end up in clay eventually.
>>
>>33612889
I've shot trap every Thursday for the past 2 years. Looking to get a better shotty than my 26" Nova.
>>
>>33612889
I shoot clays with a cheap Turkish over under I got for under 400 bucks.

It's fun. Bang bang.
>>
>>33612889
Used to shoot trap and skeet more. Shoot it alot less now.

Have fudds tell me my Benelli is too short to hit shit. I'm like whatever.
>>
>>33612889
just for fun. nothing organized, like someone throwing clays and taking turns shooting them
>>
>>33612889
i want to try it, and possibly get into it if i like it enough.

is a 24" barrel enough? some guy keeps listing a nova locally for around 350
>>
>>33612889
>>33614735
>>33614850
>>33614889
>>33614930
>>33615157
What's the difference between skeet, trap and clays?
>>
>>33615209
trap shooters and sporting clay shooters use 30+ double guns
skeet use 26 to 30
24 would work, the bigger issue would be the weight of gun. It isn't comfortable to shoot 200 rounds of 1 1/8 oz 1250 fps out of a 5 lb gun. most competition guns are set in the 7-10 lb range. I want to say my is 8 lb 4 oz.
>>
>>33615284
"clays" is a generic term to refer to target shooting.

trap is someone shooting them ahead, away from you, so distance becomes a consideration.

skeet is targets launched from locations to the right and left of you, sometimes done as a double

sporting clays is kind of like a golf course in that you walk to different locations and shoot targets that get launched in various positions and angles to simulate fowling
>>
>>33615284
>https://www.google.com/search?q=What%27s+the+difference+between+skeet%2C+trap+and+clays&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
>>33615290
well, it's a benelli so it's heavy as hell. 20ga also so less recoil.

thanks for the input.

i kind of like the idea of a pump because it can double as home defense if i feed it 00
>>
I shot skeet and trap for a few years. The 870 28" was excellent for one target, but anything more where score was a factor really needed the Beretta 1301 or Weatherby O/U. The 870 was for hunting but the action was so fast and smooth it was hard to notice except for the split second followup times. The Weatherby Athena is excellent, least recoil I've ever felt on a standard 12 gauge. I tried a SPAS-12 once for shits and giggles and that was the worst semi-auto I've used, just in general.

Got out of it because the local NRA club was insufferable and I stopped hunting.
>>
>>33615313
This. I shot sporting clays before and they shoot them at the ground and they hop around. It's a lot more fun than just skeet shooting. Plus you get a golf cart and it will hold a beer cooler.
>>
File: 1491538522690.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491538522690.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>33612889
I shoot trap with an A300 Outlander. Guns a beast and I'm usually able to hit 15-22 most practices. Coaches say that I fire it more like a rifle as I allow the birds to gain some distance before I shoot. They're looking into finding a full choke for my gun so I can have a tighter spread.
>>
I shoot trap.

I am using my browning auto 5 goose gun.
Still managing 21/25 on average. But lately ive been 23/25 with a few 25/25.

I borrowed a left cast Beretta silver pigeon and had a great 95/100 run
>>
>>33615157

I was shooting clay a couple weeks ago with a 14" barrel turkish pump shotgun
>>
>>33614930
ATA Arms?
>>
File: v2.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
v2.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>33612889
I shoot mostly trap and skeet, but occasionally sporting clays.
Score-wise, usually keep in the 20's somewhere. 21-23/25 is about the norm, lots of 23's. For some reason it's really hard to get a 24, but I can get multiple 23's a night.
>>
File: 1491115868793.png (446KB, 989x983px) Image search: [Google]
1491115868793.png
446KB, 989x983px
I shoot clays because shotgun shells are relatively cheap and you don't run out as fast when compared to 30 round mags that can be dumped.

I also shoot clays because clays themselves are relatively cheap.

I also shoot clays because I need the practice for waterfowl hunting.

I also shoot clays because arm operated clay throwers are a great work out.

I also shoot clays because it's a great opportunity to introduce people to firearms specifically those who think they are killing machines.

I also shoot clays because it's a great activity for 'the whole family' and getting a group together out in a field is a great time.

I also shoot clays because I was introduced to it 2 decades ago when I was 12 years old going through the firearm safety course.

If you have a shotgun there is no reason not to shoot clays. What else are you going to do with a shotgun you don't hunt with?
>>
>>33618687
Don't let the Italians seduce you stick with what god passed down to JMB
>>
I shoot for my university club team and just started to get better. I suck at sporting clays but like skeet and five stand
>>
>>33612889

I take my carbattery powered thrower and a case of shells and birds out once a week or so if I can. Shoot five, move the trap or myself, shoot again, and repeat until out of shells or birds.

Never been to an organised shoot of any kind. I'm kinda afraid it'll ruin it for me. I don't like being around other people. This is my alone time.
>>
>>33612889
I used to shoot a lot of clays. Olympic Skeet. i competed against Vincent in 3 competitions in 2013 and 2014 in Arizona, Kazakhstan and Beijing.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.