[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keymod vs. M-Lok

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: keymod-v-mlok-2.jpg (268KB, 1200x735px) Image search: [Google]
keymod-v-mlok-2.jpg
268KB, 1200x735px
Let's settle this once and for all. Which is better? What's the pros and cons of both?
>>
One has a SOCOM contract
One bends if you grip it too hard
>>
>>33606588
What a fucking waste of digits

Go away

It is settled
>>
>>33606588
There's literally no point to Keymod. It's been BTFO so hard that BCM (the biggest keymod shill) had admitted defeat and is now going to make M-LOK rails.

Also Keymod rails bend.
>>
>>33606588
Crane says M-Lok

Shelfmod will go the way of the betamax
>>
>>33606598
Bending is a feature. It ergonomically molds the rail to your grip.
>>
>>33606588
Nice zyklon-dubs

I like key mod for the looks and I've never had it bend but I also have it on my range queen rifle, not my innawoods rifle
>>
Don't listen to /arg/. /arg/ is just a handful of trips having a fashion money show with their rifles. Only a few actually shoot their guns.

To answer your question, either is fine. Don't count out quad rails too. Most people end up adding 1913 rails to their key mod and mlok handguards anyway.
>>
>>33606588
It looks like M-lok is the future standard 20 years from now...but if you have keymod, might as well use them to you wear them out.
>>
Are there 2 piece m-lok or keymod handguards in rifle length? Kind of want now.
>>
>>33606645
>bcm shilling has resorted to just insisting that keymod is "as good" as mlok
This is is m8
>>
>>33606588
There's very little reason to go with Keymod at this point. M-LOK rails and accessories outsell it by a considerable margin and it has bigger backers.
>>
Casual /k/ observer.

If the consensus is that keymod is defeated, does that mean we'll see cheap keymod stuff being liquidated at some point by people trying to unload while they still can?
>>
>>33606655
https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-mlok-hand-guard-rifle-length-ar15-m4

closest I know of
>>
M-Lok is really the better design, it's simpler to manufacture, relies less on friction to attach items, and doesn't look like a shelving unit.
>>
>>33606645
>Most people end up adding 1913 rails to their key mod and mlok handguards anyway.

While weighing significantly less and being more comfortable to hold without rail covers.
>>
File: Keymod.jpg (83KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
Keymod.jpg
83KB, 750x562px
>>33606588
>Failure load testing demonstrated that M-LOK systems support the highest load of all modular rail systems tested. In fact, the test equipment used to interface with 1913 accessory rails secured with the respective modular rail system across testing repeatedly failed prior to failure of the M-LOK attachment system. Even so, testing of the M-LOK systems failed at loads as high as over three times the maximum failure load of some other modular rail systems. NSWC Crane recommended to USSOCOM that the M-LOK modular rail system be utilized over the alternative systems tested.
http://soldiersystems.net/2017/03/31/ussocom-selects-m-lok-for-weapon-programs/
>>
>>33606729
I like the shelving unit look...makes me feel...industrial.
>>
>>33606655
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-19m-black.htm
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-19k.htm
>>
>>33606698
Actually yes as far as supply and demand go.

Alternatively, it'll be hard as fuck and crazy expensive in the far future.
>>
>>33607281
Oh nice, thanks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.