[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MILSIM/ COMBAT TRAINING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

File: loadoutnew.jpg (216KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
loadoutnew.jpg
216KB, 375x500px
Its time to talk milsim.

Taking your guns to the range is one thing, but I think we need to take it a step further when preparing for SHTF.

I know that it takes some flak here, but airsoft is the PERFECT way to simulate real combat:

>When I'm with my team I hone my skills in communication and decision making under-fire.

> I know how to breach and clear rooms.

> I know how to deescalate dangerous situations before anyone gets hurt.

> My training pits me against real people, not static paper targets.

>I learn what risks pay off on the battlefield, and the ones that senselessly endanger myself and my teammates.

> Finally, I learn what it means to put a human being in your sights and pull the trigger.

So at the end of the day, win or lose, I know that my blood and sweat are worth it - because when the shit really hits the fan, I am going to be tactically sound.

What are /k/'s thoughts on airsoft as a training medium?

If requested I can share some of the tactical scenarios that my team frequently uses in our training.
>>
>>33604463
Real military training > milsim
Hell, as long as you can slice a room before entering most of it you're good for clearing rooms.
You're fighting a typical engagement within 75m, maybe 100m if you're lucky. Most firefights will take place beyond ranges like this, and you will have to worry a lot more about one-shot accuracy rather than general volume in an area.
The only pros you get from milsim are comms and maybe, MAYBE putting someone in the sights and pulling the trigger.
Most airsoft "tactics" or strategies would get someone killed in a real gunfight, since you have high mobility with low risk at short ranges due to travel times being at or under 500fps and complete immunity to long-range engagements. Unless you start to apply your short-range techniques at 200+m, you'll get shot.

The only thing you learn is how to move with other people, aside from that it's pretty trash for actual figuring out how to fight someone.

t. airsoft player and armed forces hopeful
>>
.....baka....
>>
>>33604463
I mean while milsim is good, one thing you could do is actually take your team find some land and do some live fire manoeuvres if you are serious about training.

With the gunfire, knowing when to move, the added adrenaline etc. It'll add a more realistic atmosphere. Believe me from experience it's all very ready when you are running around yelling bang. When you throw real gunfire into the mix it's a whole new level. I don't know what the laws are on blanks in your area but if you cannot train with blanks it'll help a lot.
>>
>>33605650
Also I will add, in response to some of your points.

there is a massive difference between aiming at someone with an airsoft weapon and a real one, namely the fact that you know you won't kill them if you pull the trigger.

De-escalation of situations only works when you are dealing with rational people that aren't desperate. In SHTF old bubba may not be quite so cooperative when hee knows you have something he wants.

Again breaching and clearance work when you can throw a bang grenade in and everyone calls their hits. When using I've rounds the smoke and confusion are something incredibly hard to simulate.

As far as the points about tactics and what pays off. It's all well and good when you can watch your enemy safely from 100m away knowing they can't hit you. But in a Shtf situation you are very much in range with shit flying around you, both bullets and debris.

One final massive factor is in milsim it's normally pretty clean cut, especially with airsoft. You are X your mission to to Y and clear it and it's being protected by Z. In SHTF you don't know what could be round the next corner, you could be walking into a stand off between two gangs or an ambush.

These are just some things you may want to think about before you put to much weight into milsim turning you into the next lone survivor.
>>
>>33604559
fpbp
>>
>>33604463

I played through MW2 back when it ca.e out. I think I'll be set.
>>
You need a man who knows what he is doing to be the instroctor or judge, to call out the error during the exercise or film it for the aar.

Or your expensive simulation rounds with your m4 training kit will only turns into a expensive paint ball match

Nothing wrong with training with paintball. You just need to simulate it to be like real firefight, with real tactics
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (57KB, 492x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
57KB, 492x341px
>>
>>33604463
Milsim's fun, but not nearly as useful as actual live fire manoeuvres. Check out something like Gunsite academy, something with actual teachers with actual experience.
>>
>33604463
Autism: the post
>>
>>33604463

Run 5 miles, look, run 5 more miles. Patrol for 8+ hours. Run some more on little sleep. Never really pull trigger

BAM MILSIM
>>
File: ragingpepe.png (152KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
ragingpepe.png
152KB, 600x503px
>>33604463
>What are /k/'s thoughts on airsoft as a training medium?

As you described it? It sounds like you're high on the smell of your own farts. I'd be interested in seeing your technique. Five man stack, or are you clearing buildings all by yourself? LARPing with de-escalation scripts and rolling for charisma checks, eh? No armor, no ruck sack? Refreshments back at the clubhouse? You are not taking risks on an airsoft playground, and it is not a "battlefield."

Don't be in a hurry to live the hardcore fantasy presented in a MW game. Don't knock paper targets, they are you versus you. The simplest tasks take a lifetime to master. I guarantee your airsoft marksmanship techniques do not translate to actual weapons.

If you want to practice individual and squad movement techniques, the manuals are available. Low crawl 200m then march twelve miles. Time yourself. Do 30 pushups every hour. Lay behind cover in your soaked fatigues in the fucking cold and watch your sector for three hours. Milsim!

You are ignoring the most important, basic things about combat training. Be prepared. You aren't going to last a day without water. You aren't going to last a week without having some basic survival knowledge, land nav skills, and a stockpile of food and water prepared beforehand. SHTF is not going to be you permanently on adrenaline clearing whole neighborhoods by yourself and charming terrorists into lowering weapons. It's going to be you choking on supervolcanic ash, dust, and nuclear fallout.

OP is bait but I fucking KNOW someone on /k/ is autistic enough to make this thread so you got a serious reply. There is nothing wrong with huffing your own farts. But I will put you down when SHTF. Wannabe operators are cancer. In the absence of law enforcement, you would become a danger to public safety.

>t. a squad leader who has taught urban combat and led patrols with actual weapons
>>
I served 9 years USMC infantry. I went to an airsoft milsim event with my son last fall. I wore all "real gear" other then my toy gun.

Takeaways:

Pro:
You get to move, shoot and communicate using your gear.

Cons: you are played with untrained "gamers" trying to win. You are "fighting" with and against untrained teenage and 20 something boys many showed Lack of aggressiveness. I was able to routinely charge multiple enemies who would cower.

The anemic range of the weapons is very frustrating. The thinnest piece of tin is hard cover.

Most fun aspect was the various inexpensive but realistic (under $10 USD) pyro, "frag" grenades and flash bangs.

Training ahead of time would be beneficial.
>>
File: ss33.jpg (77KB, 638x352px) Image search: [Google]
ss33.jpg
77KB, 638x352px
>>33604463
>google milsim
>find this video made by Flandre

wait

People shoot real guns at eachother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpXkmlNHR9o
>>
The only real world application for airsoft would be learning how your gear moves when you move, and muscle memory
>>
>>33608095
At the large events people bring blank firing guns for emersion and fun
>>
>>33608095
Blank firing. Adds to the realism i guess
>>
>>33608071
>Realistic grenades
>Airsoft
Pick one
>>
File: IMG_5687.jpg (133KB, 1000x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5687.jpg
133KB, 1000x902px
>>33608167

Wrong. The flash bangs as exactly the same as far as pin and spoon and size. Though they are a bit light. I'm not talking about the shitty reuseable ones you fill with a disposable Co2 cartridge not the strike anywhere match firecracker type.
>>
File: airsoft.png (42KB, 1861x338px) Image search: [Google]
airsoft.png
42KB, 1861x338px
>>33604463
DAILY REMINDER
>>
>>33608308
lel
>>
>>33608302
Yeah pin and spoon, but the actual explosions themselves are like a mouses fart half the time. The only time I've ever had one really affect me was when I was prone and one landed a few feet from my face, that gave me some EEEEEE, for a couple of minutes.
>>
File: 1491588633888.gif (881KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
1491588633888.gif
881KB, 200x232px
>>33608308
Oh shit son
>>
File: xfgkl6bl54lx.jpg (59KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
xfgkl6bl54lx.jpg
59KB, 720x960px
>>33604463
>>
>>33608308
that hunter guy is a real card
>>
>>33607399
Another one:
Wake up, wait until the toilet stall is free, wait some more in the canteen until you're served, wait until attendance, wait for your orders, wait for something to happen to fullfil your orders, wait some more. wait patiently for that fucker to take over your shift, wait until you can get some sleep.

Here we go: MILSIM!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170411-204612.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170411-204612.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Fuck training, just go do it
>>
File: SHTF loadout.jpg (682KB, 1300x2253px) Image search: [Google]
SHTF loadout.jpg
682KB, 1300x2253px
I'm the guy who keeps posting this everytime there's a loadout thread, let's say theoretically in the bottom of the picture it's a certain city with the best damn band in the land (football reference if you didn't get it), how likely would I be to be shot as a chink spy or some shit if SHTF
>>
File: IMG_0674.jpg (55KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0674.jpg
55KB, 500x376px
>>33609010
Delet this
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.