[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT Questions that don't deserve their own thread If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
QTDDTOT
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
If I were to manufacture a black powder volley gun would it be considered an NFA weapon?
>>
If it would what if it were muzzle loading? Yes I know it's impractical and kind of retarded but im not thinking about practicality.
>>
File: IMG_20170410_225723849.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_225723849.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Went to a gun show this weekend, found a "sporterized" Type 99 Arisaka for next to nothing. Numbers matching receiver and bolt. My intent was to get it back into its original military configuration, but I don't know too much about these things. I've been doing some research, and I thought I had an idea about it's mfg. but some of the markings are more deeply etched than others. Did the japs occasionally send these things back to the arsenal to be refurbished?

Basically, if someone could tell me where/when this thing was made, or if it was done over by an arsenal and sent back or something else, I'd appreciate it. pic is obviously of the receiver, markings on the side will follow. If there's any interest I could post pics of the whole thing, it may be in part of it's original stock, albeit mangled.
>>
File: IMG_20170410_225739465.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_225739465.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>33604447

Markings on the top**, I'm drunk sorry.
>>
>>33604208
wtf does this even mean?
>>
>>33604133
Volley guns, especially black powder ones are considered different from full auto because they're firing from separate barrels simultaneously.
>>
>>33604133
there is a company that makes modern remanufactures of those you know.
>>
I turn 21 in in May, but could I go to the gun store tomorrow and fingerfuck a few handguns? I want to see which one is a good fit for me so I can buy the correct gun on my birthday.
>>
>>33604788
Just tell them what's up. They don't mind. Hell if you have a good friendship with the dealer they may knock $30 off for your birthday.
>>
is vacuum packing ammo with a silica pack a safe method for long-term storage? i've heard of some people's primers fucking up after vacuum packing their ammo, but it was shit ammo so i don't trust their stories. anybody with experience?
>>
I never had a MRE in my life and i would like to eat one.
Anything i should avoid and how do i read expiration dates?
>>
>>33604930
Veggie anything and with your eyes.
>>
>>33604930
avoid anything labeled omelet or veggie.
dates man if you cant read exo dates i cant help you
google
>>
>>33604930
Vegetarian anything is shit
Beef noodle is bretty good
Tuna is gross
Most anything is good
Be prepared to be constipated
Make MRE bombs with heating pad for lolz
>>
>>33604949
>google
Doing it right now.

>>33604986
>Avoid vegetarian menus
Noted.
And already got the fiber ready.

Thanks.
>>
>>33604769
I thought pepper box was rotating barrels and volley was shooting them at once?
>>
>>33604133
Uhhh guns are bad mmkay
>>
>>33604133
I'm going to assume that you are going black powder because they are not classified as firearms?

I think that only works because they are replica weapons. If you are going to invent or create a novel firearm that operates on black powder it could be be classified as a firearm.
>>
In the USA you can produce as many guns as you want as long as you don't sell them. As in produce you bend and cut the metal yourself. Buying a box of parts doesn't count.
>>
File: IMG_9463-660x495.jpg (56KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9463-660x495.jpg
56KB, 660x495px
Volley fire is not covered under the NFA and there is a manufacturer in the US currently producing volley fire handguns
>>
>>33605324
What if it were muzzloading?
>>
File: S333-breechface.jpg (211KB, 1250x887px) Image search: [Google]
S333-breechface.jpg
211KB, 1250x887px
>>
File: S333-colors.jpg (757KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
S333-colors.jpg
757KB, 1250x1250px
>>
>>33604930
Do they still make Ravioli? That shit was the best.
>>
>>33604133
Yes, PROVIDED it uses a matchlock, flintlock or caplock firing mechanism.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-2/download
>Section 2.2 Antique firearm. Firearms defined by the NFA as “antique firearms” are not subject to any controls under the NFA.22 The NFA defines antique firearms based on their date of manufacture and the type of ignition system used to fire a projectile. Any firearm manufactured in or before 1898 that is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition is an antique firearm. Additionally, any firearm using a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type ignition system, irrespective of the actual date of manufacture of the firearm, is also an antique firearm.

NOTE, the GCA has different criteria for an "antique firearm" than NFA does, so while your volleygun MAY be exempt from NFA rules, it may still be subject to background check and dealer/manufacturer license rules under GCA. This is of little consequence for a one-off homemade gun, but if you intend to sell this gun it becomes a big deal.
>>
18"x40" should be plenty big for a reloading/general gun use table right? I plan on making some extra shelves and shit for it later.
>>
>>33604757
He's saying that if a breech-loading BP volley gun was an NFA weapon, would changing the design to a muzzle-loading BP volley gun change the designation
>>
Please dont mind autism,I've never shot a pistol, I don't own a gun, I've only shot my friends, im not vetted, im asking a question because I want to learn. but a person were to get profecient and comfortable enough with shooting a revolver ambidextrously with one hand why would dual weilding be a bad thing? Hold up your strong hand and shoot that out and if you need another 6 shots lower your strong hand while you raise your weaker and then pop off another 6 rounds if need be. Also couldn't that provides a tactical advantage with working around cover? Also wouldn't you be able to point your gun at something surprising you because theres gun to your left and right, saving a few precious split seconds?
>>
RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE USE THE CATALOGUE
>>33578313
>>33578313
>>33578313
>>33578313
>>
>>33604447
The markings on the right of the five digit number denote the factory this was made in. Those two markings indicate it was made in the howa jyuko factory. The marking left of the number is a series marking. Series markings indicated about what stage of the war the Arisaka was made at and can help indicate if it was a last ditch or not. Factories typically made 100,000 rifles and then rolled over to the next series. Howa Jyuko started in the middle of series 9 (the left marking) and never went on to series ten, as they only made 50k rifles in total, so they are the rarest of the type 99 manufacturers. There is no inspector marks in that photo so I don't think it was messed with heavily at an arsenal. Without mum, dust cover, aircraft sights, monopod, and being in sporterized condition I'd say it's worth around 175-225$ at the most, because of the rare manufacturer.
>>
>>33605873

Well that's certainly interesting, after taxes and everything I paid a little less than that.

If you're familiar with the subject, how much exactly would it cost to restore one of these, assuming that the barrel hasn't been cut down or anything? It's rather short, I'd need the original specifications to compare the two and I can't seem to find them.

Also, do you know where I could learn more about the factory and all that? I know there's a book, Japanese rifles of WWII, do you recommend other books to find out this sort of information?

Thanks for the help so far by the way.
>>
>>33605954
I've never tried to restore a military firearm before, so I am of no help in that area. I know Howa continued making rifles after the war, they provide the primary military small arms for JSDF, and also sell bolt action rifles to the american and Japanese civilian market. Just look up how machinery and perhaps you can find some stuff on the internet about their early days and maybe a helpful book. I think I've heard good things about that book you are talking about, pretty nice to have if you are an Arisaka collector. I personally only own one Arisaka, a Toyo Kogyo series 31 type 99. It's by far my favorite rifle in my 10+ milsurp collection, with the dustcover, mum and other nice little accessories, they really are absolutely wonderful rifles. Also a bonus for Arisaka collectors is the bayonets are not matched to the rifles so you can kind of mix and match in that regard and still have a historically accurate rifle.
>>
Let's say that I wanted a gun in a certain caliber that is very hard to find in the market.

Would one of these "custom" gunsmiths have the capacity of making this particular gun to me or is it basically impossible for a reasonable price?
>>
>>33604917
It's fine.
>>
>>33608250
You're going to need to be far more specific.
I know of a small handful of crazy fuckers who would probably try.
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on the Bulgarian ssr-85c-2? Imported by Armory USA if that matters. I've only shot it a few times and it feels nice but should I look for any issues down the road?
>>
Does anyone know if the ATF is approving SBR forms from MA sent in AFTER 7/20/16?
>>
Any one know of good scopes with long eye relief? I'm hoping to spend $200 or less, but all I can find with long eye relief is shitty $40 scopes
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.