[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a balisong in New York

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

I live in New York and according to Google its perfectly legal to own a balisong/butterfly knife as long as it's 4 inches or less. I tried ordering one online but federal law classifies them as automatic knives and it's a felony to transport them over state lines. How can I get one legally? (I only intend to use it for flipping.)
>>
>>33603385
>>/toy/
>>
File: 1462011423940.jpg (156KB, 766x531px) Image search: [Google]
1462011423940.jpg
156KB, 766x531px
>>33603385
>buying a balisong anywhere
WEW
E
W
>>
>>33603385

Just get a practice one that can't be sharpened.
>>
>>33603451
>buying a Sebenza anywhere
WEW
E
W
>>
>>33603451
>implying I can afford a chris reeve knife
I have more than enough folders anyway.
>>
>>33603487
That could be an inkosi for all we know.
>>
>>33603385
Automatic? They're gravity knives under that law. Drive somewhere and buy one. Don't tell the border patrol of your state you are carrying a WMD when you get the routine frisk and passport check. If you want to get really shady just hide it in a bag of fruit.
>>
>>33603487
Well either it'll be shit and break really quick or ill spend good money on a literal toy.
>>
>>33603638
>border patrol
Are you from California?
>>
>>33603638
Well all of the websites I go on say automatic but I guess as far as the law is concerned they're the same thing. I can't imagine myself going states away for a knife.
>>
>>33603385
Balisongs are meme knives; ironically only popular because they're illegal in a lot of places, which gives them a mystique that they don't deserve. A flipper is superior in every way.
>>
>>33603940
I have other knives for when I need a blade. I just want to have a butterfly knife because I think they're cool. (I don't own any flippers yet but I've been eyeing some Zero Tolerance knives for a while now.)
>>
>>33603385
>I tried ordering one online but federal law classifies them as automatic knives and it's a felony to transport them over state lines.

Whoever told you that is a fucking retard. Benchmade, Blade HQ, and virtually every knifemaker and distributor will sell you a balisong. They are NOT considered switchblades and have only been interpreted as them by some dick heads from the US customs department for importing them in the country.

Regardless, most online knife stores will ship actual automatic knives to anyone anyway.
>>
>>33603385
You should probably get a safer, LEGAL hoby becuase knives are bad mkay
>>
Why have you never heard of a Thumb Stud?
>>
>>33603385
Buy a balisong trainer, you can play with it just as much and not have to deal with bullshit knife laws
Plus no finger cuts
>>
>>33603940
>Balisongs are meme knives;

They are a LOT of fun

Clickedy clickedy clack snick
>>
>>33607171
>Plus no finger cuts

Only idiots manage that.

I have several, have been flipping for years and never cut myself once. Just never gold the side with the catch in your palm, always up.
>>
>>33607182
It sounds like you only know how to open/close it.

Balisongs are /toy/ as fuck but they get that distinction where they blur the line, unlike airshit which is definitively /toy/.
>>
>>33603385
Ummm OP, former NY resident here, have fun in prison.

You clearly either don't know how to read or you intentionally misinterpret everything. NY penal code explicitly prohibits: Gravity knives, automatic knives, centrifugal knives, it even goes on to specify that centrifugal knives are butterfly/balisong knives.

TL;DR you need to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: BalisongPen.jpg (77KB, 1500x1414px) Image search: [Google]
BalisongPen.jpg
77KB, 1500x1414px
>>33603385
if you only intent to get one to play around with, and have no intention of ever using as a knife, just get a training balisong or something of the sort.

pic related
>>
>>33603385
Just get a real one.

I got one from Elemental Knives and all it came with document wise was a slip that said to ship it back if you found out it was illegal to own. Theres no hassle you need to go through as long as you let it be shipped normally.
>>
>>33603451
Oh hey, it's that knife that locks poorly and has a heat treated hardness that couldn't surpass my gf's nipples in bed.
>>
>>33603385
New York cucking people out of more tools I see....

Here in Michigan we have odd knife laws too.
>no automatics
>no OTFs
>cannot carry a fixed blade, unless actively hunting
>no double edges
But
>assisted opening is ok
>balisongs are ok
>no blade length limit unless you "intend to do harm" (which I'm assuming just gets you a worse criminal charge if you use some 12inch novelty folder to kill your family)

My problem with balisongs is that the only ones I want cost $300+ mcdollars
>knife guy here
>>
>>33603385
>automatic knife
They come with detachable high-capacity assault clips, right?
>>
>>33607346
Which balisong are you talking about? The most expensive ones I ever see are $1-3k customs. Everything else is cheap chinese trash atound $15-50, not including the Szabofly
>>
>>33607305
>Elemental Knives
Their knives are fucking garbage.
>>
>>33607383
Not him but decent Bear and Son, Benchmade usually start no cheaper than $250-300.

If I'm not mistaken the Benchmade 52 was about $300 when they first came out but are now more since they are a discontinued model.
>>
>>33607355
>doesn't know what an automatic knife is
>proceeds to act smug

Sorry but you need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>33607383
Basically all Microtechs, Benchmades, BRS, and a few others usually start around the $275-300 mark.

It seems like the consensus is that there are either cheap balisongs, or good ones. And the good ones are expensive.

This is due to the lack of filling that "middle" price point in the butterfly style. If you look around, there aren't typically very many $70-150 balisongs. It's either $15-45 Chinese stuff, or the $300+ name brands. Nothing reputable in between. This of course is much different in the folding/fixed blade market.
>>
File: IMG_1365.jpg (75KB, 892x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1365.jpg
75KB, 892x400px
>>33607394
Yeah I know. But for flipping purposes they don't

Theyre also the most accurate to this particular design, besides buying an actual Terry Guinn Gargoyle.
>>
>>33607311
Post pics of gfs nips shooped onto a sebenza
>>
>>33607296
This, no fucking way is anything remotely dangerous allowed in jewistan
>>
>>33603940
My friend got me one he found on a Guatemalan Tuk Tuk, cos they're 100% illegal here. Honestly, the knife is pretty nice, it's a pretty good work knife. It comes out fast, has a reasonably long blade for a Smol package, and it's not likely to fold or break.

Overall pretty good knife.
>>
>>33603385
They're 100% illegal in New York, and butterfly knives are the gayest ones, so you're better off without one
>>
>>33608436
>jew yorker
>against owning weapons
why am I not surprised

Also theres nothing wrong with butterfly knives. Just don't buy one for any actual work related purpose
>>
>>33608388
Yeah I'll do it-in your dreams you horny faggot.
>>
>>33607171
>I have the balisong metal comb
>Always open and close it in one motion
Why/how does it take so many flips on tv?
>>
>>33607311
>>33608388
>>33610528
Come on, man, he responded to your dubs with more dubs. That counts for something, doesn't it?
>>
>>33610609
Yeah, double the disappointment. Sebenza guy may be a faggot for shilling the knife equivalent to a wall hanger sword, but you're even bigger faggots if you think I'd violate her privacy over dubs so some lonely virgins can jerk it on a blue board no less.
>>
>>33610834
post yours then fag
>>
>>33610899
Then what would be the point?
>>
>>33610594
Because its for show, like everything in showbusiness.

>>33610919
The point is that anon thought you were a lesbian woman. Are you a lesbian woman?
>>
>>33603810
I know reading is tough but at least try to finish the goddamned sentence next time you comment.
>>
>>33603385
kys
>>
>>33607416
Bought a benchmade bm51 for 160.it was practically brand new just missing a screw,benchmade sent me some for free.just look on secondary market. Bm51 are always selling around to 150-180 dollar mark.
>>
>>33612872
No, I'm a dude with a penis, and considering many (but not all) lesbos lean authoritarian left, they're nofunz cunts, so you wouldn't typically see one here and you should know that. This isn't /mu/, retardation shouldn't be the norm.
>>
>>33614422
Neither should autism and yet you sperged hard.
>>
>>33615304
>I don't actually have anything to say so I'll call him le autist
Why do the weak of intellect always feel so deeply compelled to speak?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.