[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 33

File: xanBSUI.jpg (644KB, 2988x2134px) Image search: [Google]
xanBSUI.jpg
644KB, 2988x2134px
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Chief Cody Edition

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
If you ain't security forces you ain't shit
>>
>>33601515
fuckin pog rentacops lmfao
>>
>>33601515

How does it feel to be a glorified MP who gets even shittier training?
>>
>>33601526
What the fuck did you just say about me, you little grunt? I'll have you know I graduated middle of the pack in AF basic. And I've been involved in numerous tickets on my own friends, and have over 300 confirmed DUIs issued.
>>
>>33601632
How's it feel being a little faggot nigger
>>
>>33601515
L O L

>Scan IDs for 12 hours
>Troll every parking lot on base, looking for tags 1 day expired
>Camp the amn dorms at night, contriving a reason to arrest random airmen for that PN
>Let your buddies roll through the gate hammered AF
>Brief squadrons about Halloween safety at Commander's Calls

For some reason you guys all have to be hard asses about everything, meanwhile Ft. Carson's MPs are chill as hell and don't give a fuck.

You should be proud, defender!
>>
>>33601689
Pretty sure he's joking referencing the infantry poster.
>>
Been sick the last few days and took a cough drop. Am I going to test positive for drugs at Meps on Wednesday?
>>
>>33601761
Yes cough drops are extremely narcotic.
>>
Had the chance to meet CMSAF Cody once.

90% sure the man is a robot.
>>
>those potato shaped females in the background

Can the "airfuck females are attractive" meme finally end. They are 99% of the time shaped like goddamned tomatoes.
>>
>>33601794
fuck really
>>
>>33601731
Sorry, I get triggered by "SecFo".

>>33601803
He really lends credit to the reptilian government theory.

>>33601818
>He hasn't seen med group girls
>>
File: senior enlisted.jpg (343KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
senior enlisted.jpg
343KB, 1100x733px
>>33601803
That's most of the air force. They have no personality. Its a corporate environment, not a military environment.
>>
>>33601821
Yes go to a smoke shop or walgreens and buy a cleansing drink.
Don't skimp out you need the good ones. Preferably cranberry based.
I've used them plenty of times they can clean you out in as little as 14 hours if you drink enough water. Don't eat anything either just light snacks if you must. Good luck
>>
>>33601845
>everyone else interacting normally
>typical airfag in standby mode

Airshits, get it together.
>>
>>33601515
Strange how nearly every squadron has the one unit that chants this, our local dumbasses were ammo.
>>
>>33601845
lol at middle right guys face
>>
File: air force.png (671KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
air force.png
671KB, 500x701px
>>33601845
>>
>>33601633
You epr must be amazing.
>Integral to mission success; verified aircrew identification at ECP, Osama bin laden eliminated. Promote Now!!!
>>
>>33601928
haha yeah
"Oh shit SMA Chandler is looking at me, don't do anything weird!"
>>
>>33601858
Oh fuck
It was Ricola, which says all natural on the package. Is it still a narcotic?
>>
>>33601961
Why does every EPR entry resemble a chain email passed by a grandma or a used car ad?
>>
>>33602138
Think of the people it ultimately goes to.
>>
File: SwcXssC.jpg (186KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
SwcXssC.jpg
186KB, 806x908px
>>33601993
Lol, your gonna make one hell of meat shield anon
>>
>>33602209
I scored 95 on the asvab and am going for tech jobs in the air force.

I'm just autistic.
>>
>>33601993
Don't listen to the other anon.
Just tell your recruiter you'll have to fill out an 1D-1-0T form at MEPS to come clean. They'll send your piss test to a different lab where they can verify if the medicine you took is really what you say.
>>
>>33602240
There's two ends to the dumb spectrum. We have a few of the "smart" people who score high on tests then spend an hour searching for ID10T forms and a bottle of prop wash.
>>
>>33602240
You want 3D0X1.
>>
File: 1380840895097.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1380840895097.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
Should I reserve in the Marines for two years while I get my Bachelor's degree and then go active duty or enlist with a 4 year?
>>
File: 13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg (822KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
13902532207_da93f7752b_o.jpg
822KB, 1330x800px
If you aint infantry, you aint shit.
>>
>>33603617
This

FUCK POGS
>>
>>33603581
Best you can get is E-2 with 15 credit hours, so finishing you degree won't change anything. If you're not in a rush to finish your degree, enlist now and pay for the rest of your college with the GI bill.
>>
>>33603581

>Reserves to Active Duty

This is traditionally one of the most difficult things to pull off career-wise. Might be possible right now with surging recruitment, but it's usually not an option.
>>
>>33603669
So I might as well just wait two years or enlist right now as active duty. I'm 22 currently, so I'll finish my degree at 24 going into 25.

Is that too 'old' to enlist?
>>
>>33603581
What is your goal?

Depending on your MOS, you'll probably be able to finish your bachelor's degree in 4 years, as the Marines offer $4500/yr for college (in addition to the GI Bill).
Going reserves to active will probably not happen, it's just how it is.

Finish your bachelor's degree while active, and you can soak up those GI Bill bennies for 3 years (get paid BAH for 3 years).

Have you considered the Army? You'll get more rank, because with 24 credit's you'll be E-3 vs E-2 in the Marines.

>>33603721
24 is certainly not "too old" by any means, I work with a guy who was 26 when he enlisted, and I had a 30 year old in my BMT flight.
If you want to go ahead and get your degree, the Army will give you E-4 for that.
>>
>>33603721

Not even close to too old.

Statistically, though, you're going to find out you love weed and twinkies in college and then never join. Nothing wrong with that, but it's what happens to most people who say they're "enlisting after they graduate".

Either that or you'll find a girl you think is the love of your life and doesn't want you to join.
>>
>>33603721
*enlist right now as a Reservist

>>33603742
MOS-wise I'm looking at Combat Correspondence/Public Affairs. POG shit. My degree is in Comp. Sci with a minor in Digital Media.

How accommodating is active duty life with regards to school?
>>
>>33603750
I don't smoke or drink, no drugs, been a serious bodybuilder for 5 years, and I think all women are thots.
>>
Lets talk about Polygraphs and Security Clearances.

I've started the process to enlist but have lied about having a shellfish allergy and smoking weed. I've also downloaded movies illegally (not that I was asked about that). Some of the jobs I want may require polygraphs under some circumstances for Secret or Top Secret Clearances.

What do they even ask about during a Poly? Will this come bite me in the ass if I do a polygraph? What happens if I fail a Poly, will I get switched to a shitty job? Kicked out?
>>
>>33603779
>Polygraphs
these are only given to some top secret clearances and Special Access
>>
>>33603742
Now a follow-up question: how far does the GI bill extend towards schooling?

Will it cover both a Bachelor's AND a Master's, or just one?
>>
can anyone fill me in on the normie levels of the air force? i'd prefer to try and fit in on some level
>don't drink
>don't smoke
>>33602271
ya got me
>>
>>33603752
>How accommodating is active duty life with regards to school?

My experience as an AF Network Engineer:
If you get an office job, you'll probably have plenty of time to do school, as pursuing education is generally seen as a good thing and good use of time. As long as your work is done, you're not going to get yelled at for doing schoolwork, especially when the guy next to you probably is on youtube or FB during his down time.

I don't imagine POG life in the Army being too much different.

>>33603779
Be careful with the shellfish allergy, you don't want to die because some oysters found their way into your food. If it's just an itch or rash you'll be fine.

For the TS investigation, they're going to find your friends/family and talk to them, so make sure they don't tell them about weed.

The only time you'll have to take a poly is if you're going into an intel job, and *hint hint* polygraphs are kinda junk, the real determination isn't done by the machine... they watch your reactions while you're more focused on the machine.
>>
File: buy rock.jpg (81KB, 926x1024px) Image search: [Google]
buy rock.jpg
81KB, 926x1024px
Going to enlist as a 68W with the airborne option in my contract, any tips? Only thing I know is how to perform CPR, don't have much else EMT experience so I'm kind of worried that the AIT for 68W will be quite hard. Next week I go to MEPS, and a month after I should be shipping out for basic according to what my recruiter said.
>>
Going to see if I can join the national guard

>low ASVAP score
>Got DQ'd from joining the Army cause of hearing
>Bastards didn't even follow up on the waiver
>>
>>33603868

Most people use the Post-9/11 GI Bill because it tends to pay out better. It covers 36 months of education. That usually means a paid 4-year ride of full-time classes to pretty much any school you want. If you take it slower (less than full time) you won't complete before your GI Bill runs out. If you accelerate (more than full time) then you might have months left over.

What a lot of people end up doing if they want to use the GI Bill for grad school is they don't touch the GI Bill for the first two years of undergrad. It's easy to knock out general education just using TA/CLEP/FAFSA funds. Then, they can use their 36 months to finish their Bachelors and their Masters.
>>
>>33603980
Oh shit, that's a solid option.
>>
>>33603868
GI bill covers 36 months of full-time college. Doesn't matter if you're pursuing bachelors/masters.
Knock out as much as you can while you're active since your $4.5k/yr refreshes annually.

>>33603872
Normie levels? Depends totally on your AFS.

A SSgt I work with caught my super obscure moonman reference in one conversation. Half of the shop plays CS:GO/overwatch together.
Most of us (in cyber) are pretty autistic in one way or another, the intel guys are strange on another level. They'll fucking speedrun MTG on breaks and know lore of shit like starwars and startrek inside and out.

Other AFSes like CE will be mostly comprised of good ol country boys who like drinking bud light and talking about football.

As long as you're not straight up stinky and anti-social you'll be fine.
>>
>>33603897

(Poly Guy Here)

Thanks for your advice, my allergy is not that bad, I just get an upset stomach.

I am interested in some Intel jobs, is the quality of life different than cyber jobs? Is Intel just a 9-5 office job where I would have time to do school work? I feel like if its a 10-12 hour shift work job where I could end up working nights I should focus on cyber.

Also could you fill me in on pros and cons of different AF cyber jobs? or even different Intel jobs if you happen to know about them?
>>
Thank you guys so much for the info. I'll set my sights on going active duty when I get my Associates and then knock out the other two years while in the service.
>>
>>33604043
I don't really know a lot about intel, I've heard some jobs literally require watching a feed nonstop, calling in your backup when you need to go to the bathroom. Others involve lots of powerpoint, but they (understandably) keep mostly quiet about what their jobs entail.

Just FYI I'm cyber and I will sometimes work 10 hour shifts (no PT) alternating days/evenings, few nights here and there. My assignment is... different, though, and there's lots of "down" time during most of those shifts.

Quick rundown of common AF cyber jobs (3D series AFSC):

>3D0X1 Knowledge Operations Management
Do not want, not really cyber and involves lots of admin type shit like forms and what not.

>3D0X2 Cyber Systems Operations
Cash, you operate servers/AD/network scanners/vuln scanners/exchange, basically if it's a server or network app, it's in your realm

>3D0X3 Cyber Surety
Absolute garbage, you walk around making sure people don't leave their CACs unattended and don't touch a computer other than to create accounts and make powerpoints about OPSEC.

>3D0X4 Computer Systems Programming
Totally awesome if you can get it, but is very rare.

>3D1X1 Client Systems
AF Geek Squad. Fix desktops.

>3D1X2 Cyber Transport
A total toss up, was created by joining 5 different AFSes together. I work on enterprise level routers/switches/firewalls/proxies, you could find yourself polishing fiber, tracing cables, fixing mobile radars, working on 35 year old multiplexers, satellite crypto, or working on news cameras.
>>
Hey guys. Went and talked to Army recruiters today.
Told them I plan on talking to other branches throughout the week as well.
Some things I wanted to run by you fellas.

I made the mistake of being honest about the fact that I don't really know what I want to do. I have a degree and I asked about OCS. He tried pushing me away from it. I scored an 80 on the practice ASVAB with 3 hours of sleep and a massive hangover. I know for a fact I can score over a 90. Just exhausted.

Guy told me that Army gives me the best chance of rising the ranks, and told me I would automatically start as an E-4 because of my degree and be E-6 within a year if I keep my nose clean and do shit right.

Is he full of shit?

Also any reason to choose Navy or Air Force over Army? I'd like to eventually give it a shot as a Ranger if I go Army. Even if it's a couple years away.

Any thing else I should keep in mind for the other recruiters this week?
>>
File: 1488850948071.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488850948071.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33603766
you're perfect for the military anon like spot on
>>
>>33604388
You will enlist as an E-4, in no way will you make E-6 in a year, 3yrs is the minimum time in service to make E-5, E-6 is 7 years.

For comparison, most USAF guys make E-4 at the 2.5 to 3 year mark, E-5 from 4 to 6 years (depending on cycle), and E-6 usually comes at 8 to 10.
E-7 and above are much harder to make, E-7 would come to you around the 15 year mark, only a select few make E-8 and they make it around the 20 year mark.

The Army sees much higher rates of making that SNCO tier (E7+).

Air Force has easier life and higher living standards, but is much less military and almost soul-sucking corporate in many ways. Not a lot of combat jobs if that's what you're looking for, though.

Navy has some serious fun and tradition, my best friend is an AM3 and they all get wasted together and party hard, while in the AF it's much more "professional" (not a good thing imo).
>>
>>33604556
Oh God. I left "corporate word" for a reason. Fuck that. No, I am not trying to do something corporate style and professional for the military. So I guess it's Navy or Army then. Shame. The AF recruiter was a cutie pie blondie too.

And then Navy recruiter was a really chubby Mexican kid.

That being said, why would he push against me going OCS? I have no criminal record. I can score well on the ASVAB. We haven't discussed PT yet but I can crush that as well.

It just felt weird that he was pushing against it. He said he would be happy to work with me on setting up a package but "It's better" for me to get in with the soldiers before going officer route.
>>
>>33604594
It's more work for him. He gets rewarded based on sheer numbers he gets in.
>>
>>33604617
So should I push for the OCS package next time I get in touch with him?

I mean it doesn't make that much of a difference for me right? Either I get in or I don't but I'm still in the service? No real downside by the way I'm interpreting it.
>>
>>33604655
Be a fucking officer if thats what you want, dude. Fuck the recruiter, he works for you. People make the mistake of trying to be those little cocksucker's friends.
>>
>>33604667
Sweet. Will do.
>>
>>33604743
Officer is a better route too man. Way better standard of living and lifestyle. Also looks better when you get out.
>>
>>33604655
Depends on how soon you want to join. OCS will take you several months, maybe even over a year to get commissioned. If you really want to be an officer and you think it's worth the work and wait to go officer then go for it. But it's a much longer process than being enlisted. You can get enlisted and ship out in no time if you're eager.

It's not as trivial to just become an officer like people make it seem in these threads.
>>
>>33604776
I understand that. The trivial part I mean. Although to be honest I am on a bit of a crunch. I quit my job and spent the last 3 months working out, reading and occasionally drinking. Didn't realize how quickly my bank would dry up because of my student loans and other bills.

I've got like 2 months left before I need to either find some work or join up.

Now can I go Officer route once I'm in? Recruiter didn't clarify this too well. By that I mean can I still use OCS as an option once I'm enlisted?
>>
Which of the various USAF MOS offer the best post military career options? I'd honestly love to fly but I have low magnification glasses and little college time, it's shooting for the stars but I'll give it my best shot regardless. No I haven't talked to a recruiter yet. I'm 22. Since I have like virtually no credits, I was told my best option to fly would be to do two years paid school by USAF, then go for some program to go into officer, and then pilots cert. I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around this. At the end of the day I'd like to be in/ around fixed wing aircraft (no osprey or jellycopter please)
>>
>>33605033
To clarify, I'm intoxicated so I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my inibriated ability
>>
>>33601803
he's got a good sense of humor if nothing else, when he saw the OP pic he said he liked it and was always up for face to face communication.
>>
Is there an Exercise routine that I can follow to get my APFT score up to 300 from 250 and prepare me for RASP? I've tried some Ranger school prep courses, but I always fail to do some circuit sit ups or pull ups without resting more than the program calls for.
Should I just keep on trucking, even if I have to take more breaks?
>>
>>33604594
>>33604879
It's kinda sad that the AF is like that, but it really fits the mission more. If you're after that military style, look into the Army. They're not a big meme like the marines, and have many relevant MOSes that are useful in the outside world.
Green to gold is a thing, so yes if you still want to become an officer after you enlist that is possible.

>>33605033
Cyber jobs have the best post-military employment opportunities, but it sounds like you're interested in flying.

>two years paid school by USAF, then go for some program to go into officer, and then pilots cert
Yeah that's not a thing. I think you're thinking of something the Army does for Warrant Officers.

The USAF draws its pilots/rated (flying) officers from two main sources: USAFA and ROTC. The AF Academy is a big meme and is 4 years of AF bullshittery on top of a rigorous academic load. Some of the weirdest officers I have met have come from the Academy. ROTC is done alongside normal college and while a time sink and somewhat stressful, is nowhere near the level of crazy that the Academy is.

Academy grads get first crack at pilot/rated slots, then ROTC. Last is OCS, but those are far and few between. Almost all OCS grads are non-rated (i.e. 17D, cyber officer). You have a decent shot at commissioning as a rated officer through ROTC. Since you said you have no credits, that's 4 (or 3 if you take more classes) years of school and then probably a 6 year service commitment.

Another option is to become enlisted aircrew, where you get to fly on planes, but you're not flying or operating weapons. Boom Op or flight engineer are some of these. If you were bent on getting these, you'd have to find a recruiter who's willing to work with you.
Those job slots are not exactly common and many recruiters just want to get you shipped out, so they'll push open mechanical and you'll end up wrenching on jets and calling people nonners.
>>
File: IMG_0416.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.png
4KB, 225x225px
>go in the Air Force open general
>80 on asvab
>got services
>mfw flippin eggs

One more year and I'll crosstrain into osi or RPA.
>>
>>33605224
MARSOC has a phone app with a 10 week plan that they are pushing for people to do before showing up to A&S.

Really though, PT is PT. Doesn't matter what program you use. Be patient and keep pushing. If you could do everything easily, you wouldn't be improving.
>>
File: 1451719585837.gif (650KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1451719585837.gif
650KB, 446x251px
>>33605359
Why would you go into open general?
>>
>>33605359
>osi or RPA
Why?

I want to hear your reasoning before I say anything.
>>
File: 1267499932329.jpg (32KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
1267499932329.jpg
32KB, 450x373px
>>33605359
>air force
>open general
>>
>>33605359
>>33605411
>>33605387

I guess the ASVAB doesn't cover common sense.
>>
File: IMG_0247.jpg (44KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0247.jpg
44KB, 960x544px
>>33605438
>>33605387
>>33605398
$20,000 sign on bonus
Just cuck my shit up bros...
I hate my recruiter.
>>
>>33605398
osi because I want to use it as a stepping stone into the CIA

RPA because flight time for NASA astronaut applications
>>
File: hail operator chan.jpg (4MB, 3200x2150px) Image search: [Google]
hail operator chan.jpg
4MB, 3200x2150px
Ayo, I'm in 3rd-year of college going for Bachelors in Fine Arts degree in Illustration/Graphic Design and I've always been drawn towards either the Army or Marines (drawn towards muhreens more though).

I heard they both offer some type of art jobs but not sure if i can go OCS AND MOS 25M or if i have to give up one or the other?
>>
>>33605643
Lmao you think you can choose your career gtfo kek.
>>
>>33605617
I mean it looks like you have your plans, I just would never want those jobs since:

>OSI: Hunt down guys with CP all day and bust airmen for smoking weed
>RPA: Sit in a fucking CONEX container for 12 hours on *flight* status, staring at a screen being the officer's bitch, for enlisted pay.
>>
>>33605643
>Bachelors in Fine Arts degree

talk about fucking useless...jesus christ.
>>
>>33605668
Osi does do a lot of CP cases.. fuckin weird if you ask me.

RPA isn't to bad I would think I've been deployed with contractors that do it and they make 100k+ out there, a lot are prior usaf
>>
>>33605658
>inb4 bait
Well no, but it'd make more sense to use what skills I have in the military. Ain't got a problem goin' 11B or another MOS really.
>>
>>33605601
You've learned the hard way that recruiters are used car salesmen. I hope you'll be able to retrain into your desired AFSC.
>>
File: navy.jpg (87KB, 431x580px) Image search: [Google]
navy.jpg
87KB, 431x580px
I leave for Navy bootcamp next week. How should I prepare and what should I bring?
>>
>>33605824
learn to march if you haven't already. and learn all the shit in the book/leaflet thing you got, it'll save you a lot of asspain from the RDC's.
>>
>>33605824
>>33605868
oh, and bring nothing but the clothes on your back and a cell phone to call home with. They'll mail the phone back home after you call home to tell ma that you didn't die on the plane ride to Chicago.
>>
I'm 26
Athletic as fuck
Have a bachelor's in neuroscience

If there is a hint of a draft I'm just going to go for an officer commission instead of enlisting/getting drafted.

What do you guys think about this plan?

Only health issue is I dislocated my knee 8 years ago playing lacrosse.
>>
>>33605683
Not him but graphic design is a big thing buddy. Talk about fucking clueless
>>
>>33605893
>Have a bachelor's in neuroscience
Are you making good money now?

I'd say a draft is far from likely, we did Iraq Episode 1 and 2 without a draft, and I doubt short of a *major* conflict that we will be so short on troops that we'd need to draft people. Recruiting is ramping up now, and they don't seem to have too much of a problem attracting people.

The last thing the military wants is to draft people, as conscripts are kinda useless. This isn't Vietnam, you can't just force 8 weeks of boot camp on a 19 year old, hand him a rifle, and tell him to "make his country proud" anymore. They just don't have a place in our highly modernized force. They'll relax entry requirements, offer retainment bonuses, sign-on bonuses, and increase reserves/guard rotations, and that alone could triple our force size.

Just some perspective, the USAF is literally half the size it was 20 years ago, and we had 57 million less people then. It wouldn't be hard to return to the old numbers.
>>
>>33603779
>What do they even ask about during a Poly?

It depends on the scope.

There are Counter Intelligence polygraphs and there are Lifestyle polygraphs. It is much more likely you would experience the former while in the military if you take a polygraph at all. It's essentially someone asking if you've ever given classified information to someone who wasn't cleared, taken classified information outside of a cleared facility, taken classified information home, shared classified information with non US persons, been approached by foreign intelligence services etc. and seeing how nervous you get. And then you'll be given a chance to explain any yes answers (had a buddy who was a CI agent do at least a few of those things under orders).

A Lifestyle polygraph on the other hand is going to ask things like are you homosexual, have you ever had casual sex with a man, what kind of pornography do you enjoy, have you ever worn women's clothing, do you enjoy being cuckolded, have you cheated on your spouse, have you used illicit drugs, have you stolen something before, have you ever seen child porn etc. and it can dig really deep. Which is why Lifestyle polygraphs are not common.
>>
>>33606015
What kind of job fields require lifestyle polys in the military?
>>
>>33606040
>What kind of job fields require lifestyle polys in the military?

None that I know of.

I had a TS/SCI and was read on to a shit load of SAPs and never took a polygraph ever.
>>
>>33605868
>>33605882
Much appreciated. Gonna start cracking down on my general orders, ranks, and marching before I leave, as well as quitting smoking and coffee, should help ease the pain before I roll out.
>>
>>33606001
Like if I don't have a choice to serve or not, the 4 year degree can upgrade me right?

If my choices are drafted or join and become an officer, is the latter even a real option? Do college degrees really open the doors to an officer commission or is that not really how it works?
>>
>>33606108
>Do college degrees really open the doors to an officer commission or is that not really how it works?

In a hypothetical reinstatement of conscription and a sudden rapid buildup there is also going to be a need to increase the amount of officers. So it's possible, within this hypothetical, that you could be conscripted to go to OCS.
>>
>>33606108
Having a degree is the only way to become an officer. If we were in a situation that required a draft, then it might be a good idea to volunteer in some POG job if you're worried about dying. Being an officer won't save you from bullets if you go infantry.
>>
>>33601632
>He thinks washing rocks and getting flogged is training.
>>
what are the chances of another draft?
>>
>>33606220
0.00000000001%
>>
>>33601914
If u ain't ammo u ain't shit

Good ol' Sheppard
>>
Here's my story comrades.

>Homeschooled
>Dont have my GED (Will look into getting one soon)
>Only worked two jobs, both dishwashing
>20 (turning 21 in september)
>about 135-140 lbs 5'3
>too poor to go to college or anywhere to move up in my life
>have been considering the military since i hit 18

My only problem is, given my life situation as of right now, I fear I'd be stuck in the bottom of the barrel positions in the military with no chance of moving up.

Would this be the case? Should I even bother trying?
>>
>>33606591
you need 15 college credits if you only have a GED.
>>
>>33606629
So basically, I couldn't even join if I wanted too? Well plan b was to kill myself if my life didn't improve enough by 25.
>>
>>33606641
With your GED you could probably pick up some community college classes and get the credits slowly
>>
>>33606649
I suppose. I guess I shouldn't be joining if it came down to killing myself or joining the military. But thank you for the answers none the less.

I'm currently researching what jobs I can get at my current situation that will allow me to move up.
>>
Any bongs here? I'm too poor to go to uni and I can't get a loan (Jersey), so I'm stuck in shit dead end jobs. 23 now and have exhausted all my options for study and had to turn down dream offers multiple times, I'm fucking sick of it.

Family has a lot of military history and I've never lost the idea of being a soldier since I was a kid. Can anyone give me a rundown of the joining process for army, what the recruiting numbers are like atm etc? All I've heard the last few years is about cuts so I'm not sure how that is effecting the armed forces now.

Also from what I've read the financial support toward education is only available for UK unis, is that correct?
>>
File: 1388716824280.png (167KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1388716824280.png
167KB, 400x359px
Realistically, what are the chances of being killed in this day and age?
>>
>>33606734
Depends where you deploy/mos/afsc
I had a 365 to Afghanistan
Wasn't to bad they only fire mortars and rockets on American holidays/ occasional rocket here and there..
>>
can people with eczema really not enlist? im hearing mixed reviews.
>>
>>33606725
Also I know you can't pick your regiment but is there anything that would sway a recruiter in putting me in for artillery? Apparently they go everywhere and that's what I want
>>
Anyone a 19D?

How is it?
>>
>>33606056

I had a few polys in the military. Those probably weren't SAPs, anon. SAPs are by-name lists, not just regular compartments.
>>
>>33601273
What are the chances of enlisting with aspergers?
>>
>>33607376
Shipping out as 19D next month so no clue yet. But i like maps and shit so that's why it appealed to me.
>>
File: 1490873395652.jpg (119KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
1490873395652.jpg
119KB, 600x780px
>>33601515
This.
>>
>>33606826
USAF announced waivers.
Not sure if it's immediate or going to take a while before they start handling and issuing them.
>>
>>33601273
armybros whats the recruiting scene looking like today, heard they're offering 2 year contracts now, you guys been offered anything related to deployments? Checking here first before I call a recruiter up because I don't want them to smell blood.
>>
File: ngaam.jpg (30KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
ngaam.jpg
30KB, 600x646px
>>33608205
fuck.... i wanted army 11x or memereen 0300.....
>>
>>33608212
Signed my contract last week, 3 years was the shortest i could sign. There are some 2 year contracts out there but i don't know what the conditions for those are.

Seems like a good time to join because they are looking for people and offer bonuses even for simple jobs, got 16k for signing a 19D contract. As far as deployments go i wouldn't count on being sent into a combat zone in the next year or so but we'll see what happens in the future, it's an exciting time to join with all the bullshit going on right now.
>>
>>33607703
How strong is it, how noticable and how well can you hide it?
>>
>>33607703
As long ss you have high functioning your fine
>>
>>33607703
only if you go navy nuke
>>
>>33605824
only a cell phone and clothes you're wearing
>>33605868
unnecessary navy basic is easy af you can actual get away with a ton of shit so be a shitbag, it's not like basic matters anyway.

You gon' be foldin them skivies real nice boi
>>
>>33608219
Don't do it. This is literally the last time I am going to warn someone on /meg/ who has eczema and wants go to infantry.

I have eczema and went 11x. Between the vaccinations (which alone can do serious damage to your immune system) the CS gas in the gas chambers, the extreme conditions (morning PT in the wet sand, sweating your balls off during smoke sessions, ect) you will be in nightmare mode.

Go Navy or Air Force. Navy you will have to lie but you have a decent chance. Air Force you can do, plus you get to do cool shit.
>>
>>33608443
i don't have it bad. just some patches of dry as fuck skin and what look like goosebumps on my forearms and legs.

id feel like im cheating myself if i did pog stuff. meh fuck it, plan b it is.
>>
>>33608443
Will meps doctors care if i have some spotty skin that doesn't irritate? Will they care about stretch marks from being fat?
>>
>>33608501
I don't have it bad either. It will cause a flare up unlike anything you have ever experienced because you have never experienced these conditions. Look up angioedema.

The vaccines affect your immune system differently than other people. Between the drugs, the chemicals like CS, the on/off sweating and smoke sessions, you will be worse off.
>>
>>33605916

hahah. keep telling yourself that its a "big" thing.
>>
File: k.webm (2MB, 578x254px) Image search: [Google]
k.webm
2MB, 578x254px
Any recommendations for preparing for AFBMT?
I'd like to achieve Warhawk, will settle for Thunderbolt as I'm not much of a runner. Would really like to increase my chances of earning Honors graduate
I won't ship out for boot until the first week of July.
>>
>>33603905
pro tip, if you need a waiver for anything at meps you cannot get an opt 4 or opt 40 extension on your contract. Just a heads up. 68w AIT is essentially a number down version of a civilian emt license. Learn the terminology and you should be golden. Also work on chin up/pull ups along with other APFT movements.
>>
What happens at boot /basic if you cant negotiate one of the obstetrical on the confidence course?
>>
>>33608525
They won't care about stretch marks. If you used to be fat and have a lot of loose skin they might want to check you a bit extra for body fat but they'll let you through if you meet the weight requirements.
>>
>>33608525
>>33608730
can confirm on stretch marks. I lost 80 lbs so I have a bunch of stretch marks but I made weight no problem and they didn't ask anything else about it. They did mark it on my paperwork though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170203-044409.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170203-044409.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
Hey /k/, what's the chances of me joining the US navy if WW3 starts?
I'm a 26 y/o schizophenic prone to depression with past sucide attempts, but I'm well medicated, work, and have a bachelor's degree. I washed out of the Marines when I was 18, but I feel like if I did it today I could probably pass muster.
I don't want WW3 to start, bit the navy seems comfy and I'm borded as hell with my life anyway. If they start drafting people I wouldn't mind going.
>>
Talking to my recruiter, going into verify my ASVAB this Thursday.

99 across the board for Air Force.
146 GT for army.

I already have 130 college credits, enough for my BA in Physics. Why isn't my recruiter talking to me about commissioned positions? I've brought it up once in email and he ignored the question.

Oh yeah this is for the reserves.
Thoughts?
>>
>>33608787
I should probably mention I work as a phlebotomist and volenteer as an emt. I've started to apply to nursing schools and as long as I make the deadline I should have no trouble getting in.
>>
>>33608539
I have it too. will they straight up DQ you, or can you lie your way in and just claim "I didn't know." if you flare up? I always wanted to be an army ranger since i was a kid.
>>
>>33601845
Coast Guard looking vintage as fuck right there
>>
>>33608795
>Why isn't my recruiter talking to me about commissioned positions?

Because there are separate officer recruiters. Also if you're trying to go into the Reserves there are a specific number of slots each unit is allowed on to hold for combinations of rank and MOS.

For active duty one would enlist with an OCS contract, go through basic, get promoted to E5 and then head off for OCS. At least that's the experience I had when I went through basic with someone with an OCS contract.

I'm not even sure if that exists for the Reserve in that form.
>>
>>33607703
>>33608333
Non-noticeable. Perhaps more stiff facial expression than the average guy and huge interest in military, history, weapons and such. Got my diagnosis as an adult.
>>
>>33601515
>>33601689

What is with all the air force bullshit recently?

Did you guys all get banned from the af reddit so now you shitpost here? Only been in for a year and you're not salty enough to post there?
>>
>>33601845

Why does cody look so fucking autismal?
>>
>>33606056

I've had a ts/sci for fourteen years and have never had a polygraph either.

Part of me think that the threat of one is a bluff to scare off the autists, but I've only ever worked in computer shit - stuff that the us government is still trying to not be retarded about; I'm thinking that they only really care about missiles and crap.
>>
>>33610031
What brought you to the psychiatrist?
>>
>>33608787
absolutely zero chance
>>
>>33608632
Shit, I had wrist surgery a year ago but it was only cosmetic since it was for a ganglion cyst that wouldn't go away. My wrist works just fine, has full range of motion and I'm still able to lift with it. Would I need a waiver for that?
>>
>>33610600
can you reasonably lie about it?
>>
Does it count as self harm if i cut my hand open with a razor to pull something out of it?
>>
>>33608787
Not happening.
Draft doesn't mean "everybody goes"
I knew a man who was called up for the Vietnam draft and was turned away because of diabetes.
No way you would be drafted with your mental instability and need of medication.
>>
>>33606734
100%
Nobody lives forever
>>
>>33610824
kek

Do POGs get deployed often in the Muhreens?
>>
>>33610833
Yes.
I guess it depends on what POG job you get though and "deploy" does not always mean "sent to battle"
>>
>>33601273
how pissy would a recruiter be if i refer him as "sir?"
>>
>>33609530
>>33608795
I feel like I'm qualified though, or at the very least I should try. I haven't been to MEPS yet so maybe that is part of it?

How do I find the officer recruiter?
>>
>>33610706
as long as it looks like you "climbed over some barbed wire" as opposed to wrist slitting i think you're fine
>>
>>33610925
not even joking dude. i got a bad sliver when i was demoing a shed. part of it had broken off in my hand without me knowing. after a few weeks of the pain not stopping i started fucking with the area and felt the shard. i ended up digging it out with a box cutter. hurt like a bitch.
>>
>>33610907
I say sir to my recruiter and the gunny all the time.
I think they only start giving a shit when you are actually in the branch where you're expected to call everyone by rank.
>>
>>33610959
just tell them you hurt yourself demoing a shed and leave it at that then. they'll give you a chance to explain any scars at meps
>>
>>33610959
You didn't go to a doctor because?
>>
I'm planning to attempt to enlist in the Air Force come this September, because that's when I'll be physically ready/just getting done with my summer job. I'm not nearly ready yet.

Should I go to a recruiter *now* and tell him my intentions? Or is it better to wait until September when I'm squared away? Any advice would be appreciated. (I'm hoping for air traffic controller, weather forecaster, or loadmaster)
>>
>>33608555
Think about it like this, graphic design is like being POG. You may not see them, never notice wtf their doing, probably wondering how the fuck they even equal you. But with out them the world would be considerably shittier.

tldr; google graphic design, numbnuts
>>
>>33611045
It's pretty standard that you get into delayed entry after you enlist. So it's better to sign up now with a delayed entry than to apply when you want to ship out because then you'll have to wait.

Also if you're going air force you don't get to choose what you want to do, you get to pick a few preferences and then they might give you one of them.
>>
>>33610628
No, there's a visible scar. I've told my recruiter before about it and he said it'd be fine since my wrist is fully healed, just be honest about it since the surgery was done under tricare. I hope I'm not fucked.
>>
>>33611064
Do I have to pass the physical before I can get into delayed entry? I can do pushups and situps, but I'm still working on the running part. That's what I'm worried about.
>>
>>33611078
Depends on your service, you might have to do some strength test to qualify for certain jobs but unless you're planning to go TACP, PJ or anything like that you should be OK, the rest you can get sorted at basic.
>>
>>33611078
No, you just have to meet your weight/height requirements at MEPS. So if you're overweight you gotta start working on that.
>>
>>33611108
Those jobs sound cool, but are too strength-intensive for me. I'm trying to qualify at least for an office job, kek.
>>
Do Meps really have access to your medical history or is that just bullshit?
>>
>>33601273
Wish I was american, so I could join the military and kill some gooks 2bh.
>>
>>33611135
I'm about 6''1 and 130 pounds, so I've got to gain some weight :|
>>
>>33611150
They'll have access to your history if you were covered under Tricare
>>
>>33611179
Nah, I wasn't under Tricare. I was on a low dosage prozac for a few months but I've been cleared for a few years now.
>>
>>33601273
What's it like being a combat engineer in the Marines?
>>
>>33601515
If you ain't security forces then you got the job you wanted
>>
>>33606591
Why not get a diploma? If you finished HS you can get a diploma

>t. Homeschooled
>>
>>33605617
>>33605668
Global Hawk is starting to give pilot slots to enlisted guys
>>
>>33607703
>>33608396
Guy in my squadron found out he had it after a year of being in. In all fairness probably a quarter of us did.

T. 2M0X1
>>
>>33608443
When I was around 10 years old I had eczema on my arms but it disappeared and 9 years later they did not reappear. I actually wasn't sure if I had eczema until I asked my mother a few days ago and she said I did.

With all of that being said I want to go Infantry because I haven't had a rash in nearly 10 years and I want to join. Would it still be stupid of me to go infantry anyways?
>>
>>33607680

Can you describe your experience getting polyed
>>
Anybody have any experience With Green to Gold in the Army?
>>
can someone help me out?
im 20 and have been seriously considering joining the Marines as an 03xx.
the only problem is i am a dual citizen (my mom is german and my dad is american, i was born in germany)
will i still be able to go 03 or will i have to be a cook or some shit? any input would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>33611696
As long as you pick a job that doesn't require a security clearance you're good. If you want a security clearance you'll have to surrender your german citizenship. But rifleman doesn't require clearance so you're good.

I'm a eurofag who doesn't even have a citizenship and i could join combat arms, no problem.
>>
>>33611613

The general flow is: sit down with the polygrapher, get a brief overview of the polygraph process, look over your security paperwork, do some baselining questions, do some real questions, and repeat until the polygrapher is satisfied or your appointed time runs out.

It's no big deal if you just immediately spill your guts on anything and everything they want to know about.
>>
>>33610537
Depression. I was overworked and stressed the fuck out and I decided that I needed some help dealing with it.
>>
>>33608795
Bump for this question.
>>
File: 1381115597172.gif (546KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1381115597172.gif
546KB, 200x150px
Are Airmen really gigantic, undisciplined faggots like a lot of people say?
>>
>>33611970

Absolutely, but wanna know a secret?

All the services are mostly undisciplined and don't really care about fitness beyond meeting the minimum standards. Civilians see parade teams and think that's what the military is like, but for 80 % of people it's just a job and they do what they need to get by.
>>
>>33611062
>But with out them the world would be considerably shittier.

Oh what would we ever do without all the graphic artists holding the world together? LOL.
>>
>>33611062
I'm a lot more grateful for the cooks, pilots, docs, transportation, logistics, and supply guys over random graphic artists
>>
>>33611062

Seems exactly the opposite to me. Graphic design is very visible and apparent everywhere you go, but there's little practical value there and if none of them existed we'd notice but we wouldn't really care.
>>
What are the chances of getting a combat tour at some point during my enlistment if I go Infantry in the Marines or Army?

I either want to do a combat tour or some POG job in the Air Force that will look good on a resume, peacetime infantry sounds like absolute torture.
>>
>>33608632
I know this shit is going to be retarded but here it goes:

- spleen surgery 14 inch scar vertically across abdomen. 100% functionality. Cannot lie
- collarbone with 2 plates 5 screws but can be removed at any time deemed necessary. 100% functionality Cannot lie
- no arrest. only mark is MIPC for a beer and required community service
- no medications
- no allergies
- College educated with B.S.
- physically fit enough to pass all tests (80th percentile for Marine PFT)
- nothing mental related but did have Aderall in high school (stopped the moment i turned 18)
- Am 24

Minus a draft, how would this look.
>>
>>33611062

>IN THE HEART OF EVERY GRAPHIC ARTIST BURNS THE SOUL OF THE ANCIENT WARRIOR.
>WE MAY NOT BE STEM
>WE MAY NOT MAKE A RESPECTABLE SALARY
>BUT WE HAVE FACED STRUGGLES THAT 99% WILL NOT
>NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT WE'RE NOT HEROES TOO
>>
What's the average height/weight of special forces guys? How fit are they?
>>
>>33612596
I got a waiver for 2 scars for testicle surgery when I was a kid l, they didn't give me a hard time about that. Don't know how plates will affect you though. But if they deem you functional you could be fine.

I'm pretty sure the army will waiver the precious aderall, don't know about marines.

But I could get into combat arms with my surgery so you should be good too. Just make sure to get a good asvab score and they'll be eager to help you out with that stuff.

I'm pretty sure they're open for something as minor as alcohol too. I'd say you've got pretty good chances but the only way to know is to talk to a recruiter.

Be prepared for having to wait around a few weeks for your waivers though.
>>
>>33603617
Every post
You're a faggot go be a real operator elevate yourself become more than a bullet sponge grunt
>>
currently in Air Force tech school. ask me things if you want
>>
>>33611970
Yes. Yes they are
>>
>>33614408
what job?
>>
>>33614430
client systems
>>
>>33614459
whatcha learning about?
>>
>>33614602
im afraid thats classified information
>>
>>33614647

>ask me things

>sorry cant answer anything that's classified

fuck off
>>
>>33611970
>Are Airmen really gigantic, undisciplined faggots like a lot of people say?

What do you mean by a lot of "people"?

If you're talking about literally any enlisted person in any of the other branches then keep in mind they are going to say that and then turn around and skate like Tony Hawk when a working party comes up, or they'll cut corners when performing some task, or they'll go out and drink all night and show up to PT still drunk the next morning, they'll go into debt with a late model car with a 50% APR loan etc.

The point being the military is literally a microcosm of society at large. There is some selection bias due to people with certain health conditions or people with criminal records being disqualified from enlistment (with exceptions) but it doesn't create enough systematic error that people in the military are inherently different in any significant way from the populace at large. Ergo you'll run into super disciplined people, undisciplined people, smart people, stupid people, educated people, ignorant people, super fit people, lazy cunts, "lawful good", and perhaps one step away from felon.
>>
>>33614667
it was a joke dumbass
>>
>>33610916
>I feel like I'm qualified though
That has no bearing on the fact that the recruiter you're talking to right cannot help you get an officer packet started. Which is why he ignored that question.

Google "Army Reserve officer accessions"

Not to be a cunt but I have to doubt that you made it through college without figuring out basic research methods.
>>
>>33611773

What kinds of questions were you asked during your poly?
>>
>>33614408
>>33614459
>>33614747

That job is one i'm interested in. What are you learning about? Is tech school hard? Do you have free time? Do you have any insight in to what your average work day might be like? Do you know what bases you could go to?
>>
>>33614891

That's going to depend on the type of poly you're taking and the reason you're taking it.
>>
>>33614961
>What are you learning about?
computers and stuff

>Is tech school hard?
not so far, but its gonna get hard soon as far as i know

>Do you have free time?
yes, mainly on the weekends

>Do you have any insight in to what your average work day might be like?
not really, it seems like fixing broken things or installing new things

>Do you know what bases you could go to?
a lot. every base has computers so you could really end up anywehre
>>
>>33605643
>>saving
>>
>>33614746

This. "chair force is a shit" is a played out stereotype. There are shitty people and not shitty people in every branch. Don't buy into the bullshit dude.
>>
>>33610386
My salt knows no bounds.

On the AF sub they're super anal about not telling people to lie and shit about recruiting.
I'd rather not kill someone's ambitions by telling them
>oh nope, you did coke once at a party 4 years ago, you definitely cannot ever enlist, and they will find out, and throw you in the brig for 10 years!
>>
>>33615003
Study for Sec+ now my man, something like 60% of you guys failed when I went through.

Also pls reimage my station.
>>
>>33615421
Mods ruin reddit. Honestly most decent recruiters will tell you to lie if they think you're a decent person who doesn't deserve to get fucked over for a stupid mistake.
>>
File: 1491294996125.jpg (34KB, 461x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491294996125.jpg
34KB, 461x439px
So im a fat disgusting lard ass trying to lose some weight to join the air force. Does anyone know a good program for increasing pushups and sit-ups? I can barely do 1(yes, im a weak sack of shit, i know) so i need something for extreme beginners. Thanks /meg/.

Im 5'9 and 220 pounds, just in case that info is important.
>>
>>33606591
>stuck in the bottom of the barrel positions in the military with no chance of moving up

That's the redeeming thing about the military. If you're willing to play the games, keep your nose clean, and aren't retarded, there's nothing stopping you from progressing through the ranks.

The MSgt I work for enlisted as an E-1 13 years ago, now he's in charge of his own shop and makes good money.
>>
>>33615492
Do as many as you can until failure, then do 5 times that amount a day at least. So, if you can only do 20, do at least 100 a day
>>
>>33615492
Walk an hour a day until you can run for 10 minutes straight without stopping at any pace.
>That should take you long enough to lose a solid 20 pounds, which should double or triple the number of pushups you can do without actually getting stronger.

At this point work on running 20 minutes straight without stopping, and add in doing as many pushups as you can in one go 5x a day.

At that point you will be quite a bit lighter and somewhat stronger, and you should get on an actual exercise regime.
>>
>>33606591
Without a highschool diploma you pretty much cannot enlist right now. This may change at a future date but your parents pretty much permanently fucked you if they didn't follow the state-approved homeschooling regimen to where you're given an actual diploma.
>>
File: 1365275293515.jpg (476KB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1365275293515.jpg
476KB, 1800x2400px
>>33615421
My mom got a psychologist to diagnose me with autism to avoid a possible draft from 9/11, and I used it to wellfare queen because I had no other options at the time(broken family). With the states support I managed to get my life together and now I want to join the AF and work cyber because I actually have experience in that field. If I got another psychologist to give me a clean bill of mental health and say that i'm not autistic would they let me in? I don't even think I actually have autism. It was just go along with it or go live on the street. I don't want to be a burden on the state for the rest of my life.
>>
>>33615286
>there are shitty people and not shitty people in every branch
>have an entire branch dedicated to the collection and containment of shitty people
The USMC would like a word with you.
>>
>>33615481

>Honestly most decent recruiters will tell you to lie if they think you're a decent person who doesn't deserve to get fucked over for a stupid mistake.

Decent recruiters meet mission without taking career-ending risks like this. If your recruiter is telling you to lie it's not because they give a fuck about you, it's because they're desperate to make mission.
>>
>>33614891
>baseline questions
-what is your full legal name?
-what is your birth date?
-what is your home of record?
>in depth questions
-Have you used any illegal drugs including marijuana or abused prescription drugs including ones prescribed to you, in the last [when I took mine it was "ever" but I've heard 10 years and 5 years]?
-have you ever been in a fight at or after the age of 16?
-have you ever stolen anything?
-what is your debt situation?
-[detailed questions about your debt situation if you have anything other than a car note, mortgage, or student loans or if your total non-mortgage debt exceeds $25,000]
-have you ever been arrested, including arrest tickets for moving violations?
-[explain your tickets here]
Those are the important ones.

The more simple yes/no answers you can give (truthfully) the easier and quicker it will be. If you have to launch into an elaborate story about ANYTHING you will be under suspicion and expect to spend the full allotted time there.
>>
File: IMG_3922.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3922.png
1MB, 1136x640px
Besides the extra incentives due to being Jump and Dive qualified and muh title, what benefits does being a Reconnaissance man have than going, say an Army Ranger? Other than not being a part of SOCOM, stuck under the command of an assigned MEU/Regiment, and not getting some.
>>
>>33615602
You may get in but you're not doing anything Cyber unless you can get TS/SCI cleared
>>
>>33603905
Ith that Mike Thernovich? Theems like he gained thome therious muthle.
>>
>>33615765
>TS/SCI cleared
What are my odds of passing?
Would they deny me because in the past I had a misdiagnoses?

Besides that my record is spotless, no crime, no drugs, no debt not even a traffic ticket.
>>
>>33605824
Lube and a butt plug
>>
It's the anon with assault and battery with weed and a scale from last week

Talked to the DA wth my lawyer and I'm getting it all pled down to some criminal miscue ticket/fine

Will I be good? Still haven't called my recruiter since that's what my lawyer told me

Shipping out in late may
>>
>>33615831
I can't say, but I guess if you have a clean diagnoses now you would probably get in, assuming you have no other disqualifying factors (extreme debt, undue foreign influence, etc.). And no, 4chan doesn't disqualify you
>>
>>33615849
Wait, does the scale actually impact the criminal case in any way?
>>
>>33615693
Lel. Are you working as a recruiter or what is your frame of reference here? It's standard for them to want to say no to any minor problems.

If we're considering the scenario postulated here someone did drugs once at a party, should that disqualify them for life? There's a difference between junkies and people who did something stupid at a party once years ago.
>>
>>33615858
Yes. Intent to distribute, which in most places is auto-felony.
>>
File: IMG_0460.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>mfw get an loc for trying to enter groom lake from Nellis AFB through the back roads

Fuckin hell lmao!
>>
>-Have you used any illegal drugs including marijuana or abused prescription drugs including ones prescribed to you, in the last
Recruiter told me to lie about experimental drug use because if I told the truth I'd be DQ'D at MEPS, so I took his advice. If I ever had to get interviewed and poly'd, would spilling my guts fuck me over because of fraudulent enlistment?
>>
>>33615885
Meant for >>33615728
>>
>>33615868
IMO yes it should be a permanent disqual, not like drugs are something new. Pretty much everyone alive damn well knows the potential repercussions of doing them and has since their early childhood.

It means you're prone to making dumb decisions if nothing else.
>>
>>33615885
Possibly. Like I said, when I took it years and years ago it was "ever" and more recently people are saying they give you a time frame.

Not everyone gets poly'd, even for a TS/SCI. Shit's expensive, time consuming, and not all that accurate, and if you don't need a TS/SCI you simply won't get poly'd.
>>
>>33615894
Being on 4chan should be disqualifying too if you want to dq people for doing stupid shit. also ban virgins
>>
>>33615915
Agreed 100% on 4channers.
>also ban virgins
Good luck with that, not like there's any way at all to tell other than asking them.
>>
>>33615925
You ask people for drugs too. Should virgins lie at meps too? Did you?
>>
>>33615492
First off, you gotta lose that weight. What time frame are we looking at here?

>Weight
Watch your calories. There are apps like myfitnesspal that will help you determine what you should be eating, and how to get to that goal.
Don't try to lose weight too fast, that's really hard on your body and doesn't help in the long run. Just try to get 15-20 lbs under max weight.

>Run
I used/use a similar strategy as >>33615577 where you gradually build your cardio.
Start by building your aerobic base. If you've got some extra cash, try to pick up a cheapo heart rate monitor.
You want to be doing things like 3 mi runs at 60% to 80% of your max heart rate. Your target rate can be found online, for a 22 y/o male it's approx 168 BPM.
If you have to walk to stay within that range, that's OK. Again, you're not really going to gain much by going balls to the wall every time and puking on the track, other than demotivating yourself.

Keep up with that, gradually increasing your pace as you become lighter and more fit. Until you lose weight you probably won't see much progress, but rest assured it will pay dividends down the road.

>Sit Ups
Find a sit up bar, or acceptable substitute. Do them to failure, slowly. Do that every day. They will increase, and they're usually the easiest component of the test.
Make sure you're not over-exerting yourself. The only requirements are: Your butt stays on the ground, your hands stay on your chest, and you elbows touch your legs.
You can basically do curl ups and touch your upper thighs, and that's a passable sit-up. Again, train slow, test fast.

>Push Ups
If you can't do 1 push up, start with modified (girl) push ups. Do 10 every hour, 8 hours a day. After a week, try to do some real ones. Do 5 every hour. Then try 10, next week 15, etc.
I'm a big lanky nerd, I struggle with push ups the most. When my push up score was borderline, my shift lead had me do 20 push ups every hour. I went from doing 34 to 45 in a matter of a few weeks.
>>
>>33615873
Not in my state with my amount. Highest class of misdemeanor though. I was initially booked under intent for lowest x amount

But it's all getting dropped to a criminal mischief ticket
>>
>>33615945
You also use scientific testing for drugs to confirm as best you can the answers. Nothing like that exists for sexual activity.

Also questions about one's sex life (or lack thereof) is an innately emotional topic that totally BTFO's how polygraphs work regardless of the response.
>the rest of that inane drivel
Hit a nerve did I?
>>
>>33615868

>the scenario postulated here someone did drugs once at a party, should that disqualify them for life?

Current policy doesn't disqualify them for life, depending on the drug. But, yes, you can absolutely disqualify yourself from the military forever by being a retarded teenager.
>>
>>33615965
Then you are rather fortunate.
>>
>>33615977
I'm keeping it under wraps per my lawyers recommendation. He is saying I shouldn't run it past him and I don't know if I'm legally obligated to disclose it anyways.

ADA knew my lawyer and he respects the military so I guess I did luck the fuck out
>>
>>33615915
>also ban virgins
This used to be a thing in ancient times. It makes sense for conscripts at least. It's sort of hard to see it as a fitting rule for volunteers though.
>>
>>33615911
Well, I signed the contract for medic so from what I've heard the highest level of clearance for that is TS. Out of curiosity, do the special operations units such as Rangers or SF give out the poly?
>>
>>33615885

If it's recent when you take your poly, it might mean you don't get the access you're looking for. It's probably not going to result in them booting you from the service, but you done fucked up by lying your way into the military in the first place.
>>
>>33615885
Don't fucking spill your guts.

So what if they're suspicious during the poly?
>"Oh, well, Amn Snuffy seemed to be a little more nervous when questioned about drugs, he totally is guilty. Let's nail him for fraudulent enlistment."

or

>Yeah I actually did coke once at a party a few years ago, and purposefully took twice the amount of Vicodin when I had my wisdom teeth removed
>"Airman Snuffy, the First Sergeant needs to meet with you".

Basically, they can suspect shit all they want, and maybe even deny you that specific assignment if you really fail the poly, but you won't get in actual trouble unless you open your mouth.
>>
>>33616013

>Out of curiosity, do the special operations units such as Rangers or SF give out the poly?

Usually not. Contrary to action movies, shooters usually don't have access to the most highly classified information. There's just no need for them to know that sort of stuff in order to carry out their mission. There are exceptions, but being SOF doesn't automatically mean holding a high clearance.
>>
>>33615492
>step 1
Completely cease drinking any beverage that contains calories. Whether you go water-only or merely switch to diet soda/zero-calorie sweetener is up to you (water is obviously healthier but caffeine withdrawals fucking suck). If you're like most people under 30 you consume over 1000Kcal a day in beverages (which is only like 5-6 cans of soda or one large Starbucks latte), and that's HALF your TOTAL DAILY ALLOTMENT. This change alone is usually enough for most fat people to start losing 3-5lbs a month.
>step 2
Move. Walk at least an hour a day regardless of what else you do, minimum. Start jogging, it's okay if you can't go very long or very far.
>step 3
Start bodyweight-only strength training. Start with curl-ups and girl pushups until you can do a minimum of 10 each of regular pushups and regular unassisted situps. Learn how to stretch properly, and do so at the very minimum every morning.
>>
>>33616036
Yeah maybe I probably shouldn't have taken my recruiters advice, I told him about it and he told me "if it's not on record, there's no point in putting it down" so I listened to him. Can't undo the past.

>>33616043
Thanks for the advice, in the event I ever do somehow get one I'll just stick to what I put down on paper.
>>
>>33615421

The main mod is a super religionfag, that probably has a lot to do with it.
>>
>>33616013
The vast majority of medics will never get a TS, much less an SCI endorsement. It is a requirment for SOF to hold a TS, but few of them get SCI as well.

I doubt it will be an issue for you, and the pipeline for SOF medics is long enough you'll probably pass the cutoff period anyway (unless you literally bumped an 8-ball in the van on the way to MEPS).
>>
>>33616089
Most important here is to stick to your story. Don't implicate yourself for lying on the forms by changing your answers.
>>
>>33616093
I never knew that, and that makes sense.

He's usually pretty real about most things, so I wondered why he was so hard about lying to get in.
Also probably a level of CYA involved there, as the AF sub is much more public facing and easy to get shit started if they're advocating illegal actions.
>>
>>33616167

Look at his ots blog, he has all kinds of shit about Christianity and how streaming his church service helped him keep his sanity at ots - his words. I only know because I've read the whole thing like twice since getting selected took me over a year.

You're probably right about its publicity. There are probably more than a few people who know his real identity so he probably just doesn't want to get burned.
>>
File: 1454450794640.jpg (78KB, 567x564px) Image search: [Google]
1454450794640.jpg
78KB, 567x564px
>>33605345
I am interested in flying, but like I said I know that at this point it will be about as close to difficult as it can get (shit GPA with no credits).
I should clarify the two years of schooling part, while I would be doing two years of school, I would be enlisted for 4, doing school for first 2 years to raise credits and GPA to acceptable levels, and swap over to officer program. I honestly don't know what the fuck to do, but I've loved planes for as long as I can remember but its always just been something I assumed was too difficult to achieve (on top of self esteem issues in teenage years).
At this point if a viable option would arise that entails simply being in/around planes, I would be A-OK. Please correct me on anything I have wrong here, I assume there is plenty to correct.
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>33601273
Apparently no one's said "if you ain't infantry, you ain't shit" yet in this thread.

So, in the interest of tradition, here goes.

If you ain't infantry, you ain't shit.
>>
>>33617302
Dang dude, did you not get your crayola supplement today?

>>33603617
>>
>>33616335
So the hardest this is going to be:
>swap over to officer program

You don't just "swap" over. If you want to do ROTC, you have to finish your 4-year contract, and then do I believe 3 years of ROTC.
If you just want to do ROTC to get a rated slot, you probably would be better off looking at the ROTC scholarships.

If you want to do OTS, you have to get your bachelors, submit a package, hope it gets accepted, probably commission as a non-rated officer, and make it through OTS.
>>
Any hydro troop 2a6x5 know whats the job is like and whats my chances of taking college class while working?
>>
>>33617329
I'm not infantry, and I'm not shit, but SOMEONE had to go and post it. It's been in every thread for the last six months or so.
>>
>>33617574
If we post the image in another thread and then convinced the admin to pin it, he would be stopped.
>>
File: hehe.png (43KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
43KB, 500x452px
If we do go to war with assad/russia, how likely is it I can get in with a waiver for a childhood mental illness diagnosis if I get a therapist to say I don't have it as an adult?
>>
>>33615735
>not getting some
Wrong.
>>
>>33601273
Do infantrymen really eat crayons?
>>
>>33617574
The guy who usually posts it isn't infantry either. He's being ironic.
>>
So I just finished my ASVAB last Monday and taking a psyche test and MEPS down in Brooklyn later in Brooklyn. I chose a 12 Tango MOS. Any advice?
>>
>>33618158
marins due
no POGz alowid
>>
>>33617862
Slim until it becomes a multi-year insurgency.

>>33618158
Only 0311's
>>
>>33618756
I'm a bit curious about the psyche test I hear people talking about. I went through the enlisting process without having to do one. Why is that?
>>
Word of advice I got from an E7 in Afghanistan.
"Don't stay infantry, reclass into something useful before leaving the Army. Don't end up being 38 with a bad knee and not being able to do anything else."

Its all badass and hooah being infantry and all but I'm reclassing into 14, 25, or 68 series.
>>
File: god damnit.jpg (75KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
god damnit.jpg
75KB, 452x308px
Jesus Christ. Are the people who work in recruitment offices the rejects that can't even do grunt work?

Every step of the way. A cock up.
I had call me today saying that they lost a part of my file and I need tp replace it. I get all ready to do that and then they call me a few hours later to tell me they still can't find that part of my file. But then as they are telling me this, they find it.

Jesus Christ. The lesson I learned today is memorize the names of everyone you deal with so you can tell people to find them if things fuck up. Which if my experience is any indication, they will.
>>
File: peperage.gif (628KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
peperage.gif
628KB, 516x402px
>>33619486
Hahaha, good job anon. I bet you're dealing with Army. USAREC is its own little shithole.

When I was talking to my recruiter, telling him what I wanted to do, the guy didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I wanted to take the DLAB to become a linguist. "D-Lah?" Beaner SSG had never heard of it. Tells me to meet him at 0600 at the recruiting station for PT. I get there at 0550. Wait 20 minutes. Call him on the number he gave. SSG is asleep and says forget about it.

Holy shit it still makes me mad. Can't complain too much, I got into a better job and got out of the military without marrying anyone or catching a disease. Just... whatever you do before MEPS, make sure you do your own research and check over all the paperwork carefully. The fat fucks at the recruiting station are just processing people who are likely going to get sorted out in basic.
>>
>>33619486
Lol. My recruiter was actually good, I had a bunch of problems popping up because I'm not a citizen so there was extra work to be done but he handled it nicely and worked pretty hard to push me through as fast as possible with MEPS and stuff. Guess I was lucky by comparison reading all these recruiter horror stories about how they try to sucker you into shit contracts and fuck up the paperwork. My recruiter never tried to push me into anything or tried to change my mind choosing an MOS.
>>
>>33605893
Kind of in the same boat with you anon. Seriously thinking about the combat jobs in the AF (CCT, PJ, TACP). It seems to make to sense to try for OCS since I have a bachelors, but part of me wouldn't mind enlisting. My issue would be having to be on the same level as 18 year old retards if I did enlist. That being said, I'm assuming those who actually make it through the training for PJ would be pretty badass 18 year olds though lol.
>>
>>33619637
>I'm not a citizen

See that's a bit funny because I'm having similar problems and I AM a (Canadian) citizen.
I was born out of country on a military base. My pap was a soldier.
So I was always a Canadian citizen just born overseas.
Now it's causing all kinds of problems
Like asking for the "citizenship card" issues at birth, which is an obsolete form of certification. I have a proper up to date certificate of citizenship but they want the old fucking stupid card that just has my name, my DoB, my baby picture, and how many centimetres I was when I was born. Really useful. Great.
And now they want the exact date of entry to Canada. I was fucking 3 years old, Jesus.

I'm glad they're doing these checks though. I could be an East German sleeper agent!
>>
>>33619727
I know the feeling. I've had to dig up crazy paperwork from when i was a kid back in Sweden too, like going to the hospital when i was 5 years old they wanted me to get the certified medical documents. To make things better my parents in law are naturalized citizens so they had to get their naturalization documents to prove which court they were naturalized at 24 years ago. Just stacks of paperwork for being born abroad.

To make things more hilarious i had to do the ECLT since i've been in the country for less than a year, i got a 95 on my ASVAB but still had to do a middle school level test to confirm i spoke english. My recruiter was really mad about that and tried to get me exempted from it, but regs are regs. He did manage to get me out of going down to MEPS to verify my place of birth in person though because he considered me trustworthy enough so they didn't have to drag me down and swear under oath that my place of birth was legit.

I understand they want to question people from shady countries where you can't trust the paperworks extra but being from another western nation it just feels stupid.

Well, i'm enlisted now and shipping out in a month so it's done.
>>
Out of curiosity, how long is officer training in total including OCS and MOS in the US?
Here in germany it is just minimum 24 months for the navy, 26 for the AF and 29 for the army.
>>
>>33615492
What if your a fatty (5'8", ~210) who could do twenty something pushups, run over a mile with no issues? I want to join the navy and I'm wondering if I should talk to the recruiter right now.
>>
Going into the British armed forces, any advice on where is the best to go (service, Corp,regiment), any advice welcome.
>>
>>33603905
68W ait easy af. just learn up on basic physiology and terminology, pay attention in class and ace the EMT-B that you take about a month in. No sweat
>>
>>33614795
This is useless as I'm looking into the Air Force.
>>
>>33614795
>Army Reserve officer accessions
Isn't this just for medical positions, Chaplain or lawyer type of gigs?

I ask because I'm currently enlisting as 31D, which requires a bachelor's to enlist to off the street. But I'm 28 years old, and this being a 5 year commitment, I would like the opportunity to possible commission as a reserve officer for the duration of my career while doing a civilian one simultaneously.

On the reserve office ascension site, it says you can commission up to 41 years old. On the goarmy site, it says like 32 or 33 because they just raised it I guess. Hence my question.
>>
>>33620307
It's only 2 - 4 months in the US, but you need to have a 4 year college degree.

After those few months you are an officer, but you still have anywhere from 3 months to a year of job specific training.
>>
>>33618756
So I just finished the TAPAS and I'm only MEPS away from enlistment. I got my ship date and BCT camp. However I didn't get my chosen MOS (12 Tango) but got (74 Delta) instead... Just asking is there a way to switch MOS's while on base? If so how?

>>33618935
Test was easy, it's on the computer like the ASVAB but it's 120 questions of wtf personality and traits shit.
>>
Just enlisted as a 12B in the NG, shipping out to Fort Lost-in-the-Woods for the summer. Does anyone have any experiences or tips for basic, AIT, and being a combat engineer in the NG in general?

I got a 98 on the ASVAB and have about a 210 PFT.
>>
>>33621876
Thank you for your service
>>
File: 1481471832708.jpg (67KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481471832708.jpg
67KB, 512x512px
Would it be possible to get an 11x option 40 contract and do operator shit a few years then transfer to some pog job that will give me career skills for the real world?
>>
>>33622316

Seeing as how you're a 4chan neckbeard, the likely situation is that you'll wash out of option 40 and then be a cook for four years and separate with no skills.
>>
File: 1415670894263.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1415670894263.png
17KB, 500x300px
>>33622669
For the sake of my question lets just assume I'll make it
>>
>>33622316
>>33622882
Yes you can reclass once your contract is up.
>>
File: 1383936705148.jpg (254KB, 1061x796px) Image search: [Google]
1383936705148.jpg
254KB, 1061x796px
I spoke to a veteran recently about Marine OCS, and he gave me the insight that people who plan to make a career out of the military would be better off trying OCS.

Is there truth to this?
>>
>>33622316

If that's your goal why not just take a job with career skills + Option 40?

Most people who attempt your plan fail, even if they make it through their initial training. By the time you're up with your first contract you usually either hate the military and want out, or you want to continue down your current track. Switching jobs only to get out later on usually just leaves you incompetent compared to your peers.
>>
>>33623022

Officer retirement is obviously much, much better than enlisted retirement. If you want to retire as officer you're better off starting as one.

That said, when someone who isn't even in the military tells me they want to be a careerist it's basically like when a 10 year old tells you they want to be an astronaut. The vast majority of them straight-up change their minds once they see what the military is really like and what it would take to actually reach retirement.
>>
>>33621876
Wait date bro? I'm going to LWOOD too at July 4
>>
>>33623022
I can't tell you how many people go from wanting a military career to "fuck this shit" just in the first week of pick-up during Marine OCS. It will both humble you and disappoint you. The cadre is just as retarded as they are sadistic. The best candidates will be equally as retarded but will excel because they are PT studs because Marine OCS is 99% about PT.

That said, yes being an officer is obviously fucking better because the pay is basically doubled down the road compared to enlisted. Just decide the atmosphere you want to spend the next 20 years in.
>>
File: weewult.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
weewult.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
How easy is it to get a transfer to Ranger Regiment from regular Infantry? I want to become a Ranger, but since I'm currently NG I'm considered prior service and not eligible for a Option 40 contract.

Would I be better off trying out for an 18X contract? I can at least get that.
>>
>>33623421
May 9
>>
>>33623261
>>33623439
My goal is to put in 4-5 years and then get out. To this end, I expect that Enlisted life would be a better fit?
>>
>>33623570
If that is your goal not only would I advise against OCS but the Marines in general.

Tell me what your goals are post-military life.
>>
File: lyin' todd.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
lyin' todd.png
131KB, 241x245px
What actually happens when you hit physical exhaustion during a smoking session in Army basic and physically can't go on?
>>
>>33623783

Pretty much nothing. They'll continue to yell, but if people are actually hitting their limit there's not much more you can do.
>>
I have my first PRT with my home unit in about a month. I've been told that my unit has a pass rate of 100% which I don't understand given some of the people are in pretty bad shape. Are they more lax on for instance pushup form than they were at RTC?
>>
ive got my enlistment in july and currently fasting trying to lose weight, im 15% bf atm and want to get to 10%

should i continue or just work on strength? my cardio is good
>>
I'm a pashto linguist af, i work in the NSA

if you go enlisted and go this route you have oppourtunity to make 100k coming out of 1st enlistment, 2nd enlistment and ditching your chances of getting hired are way high
>>
>>33623674
Well, I want to get my Bachelor's degree while on active duty, and then go on to journalism and broadcasting.
>>
>>33619529
go linguist, most useful military job from what I can tell

very hard, but DLI is like college, stressful, but you fuck everyone and drink every night.
>>
>>33623945
2nd enlistment and separating, your chances*

sorry, I wrote that confusingly
>>
>>33615885
>>33616043
the poly is NOT a lifestyle poly, do not worry

they will ask you questions if youre a terrorist or if youve mishandled classified information

DO NOT SPILL YOUR GUTS, NEVER GET INTIMIDATED

goodfellow AFB is notorious for scaring dumb little a1cs into telling about that one time they didn't inhale in their friend's basement.

if you did drugs, you did not and stick to it, you will never do lifestyle poly in the af and it will otherwise never come up, even if they hand you a paper that says "now's the time to fess up" do not say anything. I'm being repetitive on purpose, because you will get scared but if you lie you will be fine.
>>
>>33624014
>you will never do lifestyle poly in the af
Green Door.

>>33623959
Why wouldn't you go USAF?

10x better than the Marines if you're looking to go to college while you're in, and a career after.
>>
>>33624096
I personally just dislike the culture of the Air Force.
>>
>>33624165
>>33624165
>>33624165

BUMP LIMIT REACHED

NEW THREAD

>>33624165
>>33624165
>>33624165
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.