[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think about the Steyr L9/M9A1? I love the way it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2245.jpg (77KB, 425x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2245.jpg
77KB, 425x301px
What does /k/ think about the Steyr L9/M9A1? I love the way it felt in my hand at my LGS, and I'm considering it for my CCW.
>>
>>33599565
I fingerfucked one. It's neat, but I'm not a huge fan of using sights that are different from my other guns. Cool execution, and I hear it handles .357sig really well.
>>
>>33599884
I'd probably just throw on a replacement 3-dot set.
>>
If I ever find one for less than 500$ I'll get it
just concerned about the ergos. heard they are great if you know what youre doing. but im the guy whose thumb is always getting busted by a slide and that thing is angled straight back.
>>
>>33599565
>What does /k/ think about the Steyr L9/M9A1?
fringe gucci Glock that offers nothing over old faithful.
>>
>>33599565
Do it. You'll never regret it.
>>
>>33599921
Except it's better
>>
File: steyr.jpg (843KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
steyr.jpg
843KB, 1600x2400px
>>33599906
>If I ever find one for less than 500$ I'll get it
They're like $450 everywhere dudeski. One of the cheapest modern pistols ever. I think I paid $430 for the threaded version.

Trigger is creepy shit and the grip angle is wrist-breaking but otherwise its fine.
>>
File: Untitled - 1.png (123KB, 298x273px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled - 1.png
123KB, 298x273px
>>33600614
>Trigger is creepy shit and the grip angle is wrist-breaking but otherwise its fine.
>>
just a trigger safety. nope. I'm too much of a pussy. guess its revolvers for me. the whole idea of carrying one in the chamber with just a trigger safety and ounces of pressure between my thigh and a barrel.

Condition 0: round in chamber, hammer cocked, safety Off
Condition 1: round in chamber, hammer cocked, safety On
Condition 2: round in chamber, hammer uncocked
like whats the difference when it comes to guns with trigger safeties?

>yeah I'm being fudd I guess but officer involved ND's have gone up like 50%

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2015/06/14/rise-negligent-discharges-accompanies-lasd-transition-striker-fired-pistol/
>>
File: DK effect.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
DK effect.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
>>33600847
Burt knows what's up, you best just listen child.
>>
File: brown is best MX.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
brown is best MX.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
>>33600847
Yes.

The grip angle is dramatically different to most western pistols, and the trigger has lots of creep for a striker mechanism.
>>
>>33599884
2bad they don't make the 357SIG one anymore, cyberpunk gun need cyberpunk boolit
>>
I like them, but its a niche gun with parts that are going to be expensive as shit if anything breaks.
>>
>>33601033
if you get one in fawty you can convert it if you happen to find one of the mystical 357 barrels. not that that's super likely, but you can do it.
>>
>>33601883
Why would they stop, though? Were they banking on 357SIG being anything but a fashion statement cartridge right now or did they overcommit on a bad judgement call and think no one else wants one? 357SIG seems to be doing very well for what it is, it seems like a good idea to make guns for it as long as you know how to do it prudently.
>>
>>33599565
I had one when they first came out. I really liked it but the gun had some issues. When I was at the range the gun locked up solid with a live round in the chamber. I left the range and wedged the gun in between the rear seat cushions of my truck pointed down. Scared as fuck the whole drive home, tar and gravel roads.
Get home and had to beat it apart with rubber hammer. Sold shortly after.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.