[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1996 Japanese Embassy Siege (Peru): How does /k/ rate these Operators?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: peru siege.jpg (45KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
peru siege.jpg
45KB, 624x468px
Watched a documentary on this yesterday. How does /k/ rate the efforts of these Peruvian commandos to remove MRTA commies and end this hostage situation? It's alleged that some of the rebels corpses were said to have been shot over 500 times. BTFO? 2 commandos were killed. Thoughts on tactics, weapons used/etc? Post any vids/links etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Chav%C3%ADn_de_Hu%C3%A1ntar
>>
>>33597392
Since you watched a doc and researched it why don't you post shit?
>>
File: operation-japanese-embassy-peru.jpg (97KB, 700x547px) Image search: [Google]
operation-japanese-embassy-peru.jpg
97KB, 700x547px
>>33597415
OK? Interested in other anons thoughts and opinions about it though.
>>
File: peru cris.jpg (32KB, 638x400px) Image search: [Google]
peru cris.jpg
32KB, 638x400px
>>
some decent footage of operation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmOAWO5WqF0
>>
documentary on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUksuT3fTV8
>>
>>33597392
Didn't they execute all of the militants that tried to surrender? That's not professional.
>>
>>33597596
>That's not professional.
Release "combatants" from Guantanamo, they are currently back in action. Professional.
>>
>>33597596
That's been alleged but who really knows. Obviously it's a good idea to try capture enemy combatants for intel purposes etc, but i think things can be a bit different when armed militants have guns pointed at hostages and can start executing them in seconds. Who really knows though - I wasn't there. Maybe the idea that the terrorists who tried to surrender were executed was merely a rumor spread by their fellow MRTA comrades, or their sympathizers. Either way, a lot of people find it hard to have any sympathy for commie terrorists like this.
>>
>>33597637
>>33597596
>attack civilians
>get shot

Where is the problem?
>>
>>33597435

>yfw the p90 has been in service since 1991.
>>
>>33597633
>Put innocent guy in Gitmo
>Force him to eat cockmeat sandwich
>Surprised he wants to kill Americans
>>
File: iVUarfp.png (87KB, 714x810px) Image search: [Google]
iVUarfp.png
87KB, 714x810px
>>33598219
>tfw 1990 was 100 years ago
>>
>>33597511
Can a milfag rate their entry procedure?
>>
I actually rate it pretty well because only one hostage and 2 operators were killed during the assault. They also used miners to bore tunnels under the compound (remember when SAS done this during Embassy seiege), gathered a lot of intel from a guy inside who had a microphone hidden in a bible (some military officer hostage), and rehearsed non stop in a mockup of the building for ages (Like SAS done for iranian siege), and studied pics of the terrorsists thoroughly so they wouldn't spray hostages. It wasn't some poorly executed shitshow like Marseilles Airliner or the Russian ones. Used p90s which is pretty cool for a 3rd world military of that time. All commie terrorists thoroughly ventilated. 7/10 would watch them operate again.
>>
>>33598296
>he wants to kill America
That was already the case before Gitmo...and?
>>
>>33597686
Exactly. You forfeit your life once you threaten an innocent, in my opinion.
>>
>>33598386
Also similar to the SAS Embassy raid, the Commandos recognized a terrorist in the group of hostages, removed and killed him.
>>
>>33599555
Yes. this is another reason the best bet in these situations is to thoroughly ventilate. Prisoners would be great for intel but in a hostage situation you don't have the time to risk trying that. Remembering these guys often do stuff like pulling the pin on grenades, pretending to surrender then trying to shoot someone or detonate explosives or whatever. I remember of the Iranian Embassy seige also, that some of the bodies were slotted with 30-40 rounds. Seems like nothing's left to chance in these hostage ops. I think the operation went pretty well all things considered.
>>
>>33599809
>Two of the terrorists were hiding amongst the hostages—one of them produced a hand grenade when he was identified. An SAS soldier, who was unable to shoot for fear of hitting a hostage or another soldier, pushed the grenade-wielding terrorist to the bottom of the stairs, where two other soldiers shot him dead.

>shuffle off this mortal stairway, cunt
>>
>>33599911
kek'd.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.