[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firefight Tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1491827591801.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491827591801.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Civvy here

Was curious about what tactics you should use to win a firefight. I'm thinking more of a street scenario with a CCW, not on a battlefield (although this is pretty interesting too)

Any veterans out there? What does the military teach you to do in a scenario like webm related? What are some common mistakes civilians make?
>>
>V.O.A.
>hide
>>
>>33597107
>never puts down his cigarette
He is either so addicted that he physically couldn't drop it, or so badass that the situation, in his mind, was not extreme enough to warrant it.
>>
File: SelfDefense.webm (464KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
SelfDefense.webm
464KB, 600x428px
Bump because the topic seems interesting.

One thing i have noticed about self defense scenarios is the lack of awareness of a lot of the criminals. It's probably because they are so pumped up with adrenaline that they can't focus on so many things at once.
Many videos, people just pull out the gun after the criminal has his out and are still able to out shoot the criminal.

If yall got self defense vids, then post them at least!
>>
File: glaufags.r.all.dead.now.gif (951KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
glaufags.r.all.dead.now.gif
951KB, 250x229px
>>33597107
Counter Ambush is the desired strat to apply
>>
>>33597178
You can even see him almost take a drag while he's shooting. It's great.
>>
>>33597107
This guy is a pretty damn good example of how to handle shit going down
>doesn't panic
>moves behind cover to hide drawing his gun without it being an obvious I'M ABOUT TO DRAW ON YOU movement
>immediately engages with GTFO OF HERE decisive firepower
>doesn't just mindlessly magdump, ceases fire once the immediate threat appears to be relieved, but keeps gun on target in case he does need to fire again
Then again if he routinely works nights at a convenience store in the wrong part of town this might well have been attempted robbery #37 that he dealt with, so it really was just yet another shitty shift at work for him.
>>
>>33598201
90% of criminals have no idea what they're doing. I've gotten guns from them with bullets of three different calibers jammed in the magazine. They hop around, scream at other, and generally have no situational awareness in a firefight, even when they are sober. Watch security footage from Naptown or Chiraq if you want to see how bad their tactics can get.
>>
>>33597107

Holy fuck, how can someone be such a natural at a fire fight
>>
>>33598201
That was smooth af
>>
>>33597107
CCW wise you're gonna want to:

1. maintain situational awareness, Get your hand on your gun before they have theirs aimed at you, if you can manage that then draw as quickly as you can in a safe manner. skip to step 6.

2. if they have already drawn on you, do not immediately draw unless you want to die.

3. Feign compliance.

4. wait for an opportunity( them looking away or being distracted).

5. Obfuscate the draw, either by turning your firearm side away from them or hiding your firearm side behind cover/concealment(as in OP).

6. Fire as quickly as you can accurately. Place your shots in the center of the thoracic triangle unless you are SURE that you can put them in the brain, in which case feel free to go with that. It isn't who shoots first that determines the winner, it's who get's shots on target first. Not to mention missing puts everybody down range of you in risk whether they're a crack head or a 5 yr old watching tv across the street, bullets dont discriminate.

Steps 4.5(when the opportunity is found)-6 are commonly referred to as a counter ambush. By drawing unexpectedly you are effectively flipping the script for the attacker, they have a way that they think things are going based on your behavior and their assumptions. Fulfilling these expectations and then suddenly breaking character will result in momentary confusion as the attacker suddenly moves from the actor to the person being acted upon. This puts VOA(violence of action) in to your favor, your average human has a .3s reactionary gap before they realize something is even happening to unexpected behavior, use this to your advantage.

When it comes to actual firefights things are a little more complicated and im hardly an expert on the subject. the basic idea is to achieve fire superiority over the target, suppress them, and then use fire and maneuver tactics to form a fire box around them and put them down. that or call in Arty/air support.
>>
>>33598201
Fake and gay. Post real ones instead plz.
>>
>>33598537
tfw can't move legs cuz got shot in spine
>>
>>33597107
I would definitely use a pipe. As you can see from the video, cigarette smoking, while still superior to vape, is not conducive to a tactical environment.
>>
dont work retail
>>
>>33598537
Seems like its from some movie. couldn't find out which one.
But some important things about this fake clip:
>walking in shady area, hand on gun
>situational awareness was lacking for this girl which is bad.
>Seems like she cocked her gun before firing, she should have had it ready to shoot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.