[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blackpowder question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: bp.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Hi /k/

I live in a shit country where guns are outstandingly hard to get but OP still needs to shoot down pigeons and rats that are a threat to his animals.

Is blackpowder from fireworks safe to load a muzzleloader firearm?

If not, what about home made black powder?

The muzzleloader in question is a .22 caliber sidelock caplock my grandfather made.
>>
>>33596592
Going to the trouble of making black powder to protect your farm(if thats what you mean any way) is not worth it, there are tens of more effective ways to do it. However if you like to shot guns for sport then its not safe in any way to go do homemade unrealible shit illegaly. For me going to the trouble of having a real licensed gun is way better
>>
>>33596592
the powder in most fireworks is not the kind of black powder you want to load muzzle loaders with.
>>
What fucking animal do you keep that's threatened by pigeons?

Either way, put out some traps, and consider getting a cat.
>>
>>33596905
Maybe he's a Peruvian guinea pig farmer.
>>
>>33596592
>I live in a shit country where guns are outstandingly hard to get
why dont people just say their fucking country

check agricultural laws, a lot of noguns areas allow for special permits for crop/livestock protection (usually atleast singleshot shotgun)
check antique gun laws, these again are often allowed (permit or not depends on country) if the weapon is pre 1800
check laws on air guns which are enough for harassing anything smaller than a deer
usually the easiest way to check is to waltz up to a local police station and ask

if none of these are available get a (cross)bow or a slingshot and learn to shoot with it

fireworks powder is not safe because the quality is usually shit and it wasn't designed for any sort of firearm (usually vastly under or overpowered), causes corrosion and gun aids
>>
>>33596828
All kinds of black powder firearms are banned.
That's the bummer.
>>33596869
>>33597088
It's oustandingly expensive to get a firearm, one is restricted to buy 50 rounds a year.
I have two air guns but the fuckers just don't kill pigeons 100% of the time.
Regardless of what ammo I use, it ends up blowing a hole in the fucker while it flies away with its life.
And what about home made powder? I heard those are fairly easy to produce.
What am I looking for when I'm getting black powder? I have quite a few friends who are chemistry teachers.
>>
>>33597229
where the hell do you live?
>>
Get an air gun and boxer pellets that should be enough to kill pidgeons and rats. It will also be way safer than making your own black powder
>>
>>33597229
Fireworks powder can be used but it'll be kind of meh and inconsitant. You want sulfur and pottasium nitrate.

The most important thing is to run whatever mix you have through a ballmill that is NON sparking and then wet through a seive, there's vids on how to do that.

If you are making your own guns the main problem you would run into is finding a reliable ignition source. If you can buy capguns it would be simple to make your own percussion caps, theres several vids on how to go about that.

That being said it sounds like you are killing pidgons just fine, they usually fly a ways before figuring out they're dead and then getting eaten by a cat or something.

If you want to really drop them you want a shotgun
>>
>>33597229
Homemade BP is pretty easy really but it is time consuming. You need to start making niter beds or obtaining lots of saltpeter. Then it's just charcoal, sulfur and some tedious work.
>>
>>33597281
I use Gamo Red Fire ammunition and those fuckers still live.
>>33597287
i've had cases where the pigeon I shot in the chest just came back with a huge hole to shit on my fucking fern.
If it shoots it will be alright for me. I'll try the fireworks powder on a gun I don't care much about, and if that doesn't work I'll start making home made powder.
And I'm thinking of making one of those 17th century "shotguns", essentially large-bored muskets with very long barrels, usually loaded with birdshot and a weak charge of black powder.
>>33597304
Please develop
>>
>>33596592
https://www.google.com
>>
>>33597403
>I use Gamo Red Fire ammunition and those fuckers still live.

Not dropping dead straight away and surviving are not the same thing. Unless you missed.
>>
>>33597403
>I'll try the fireworks powder on a gun I don't care much about

Be sure to use a hand and a face you don't care about either.
>>
>>33597438
I'm not that stupid. There will be some cord, 20ft and a truck between me and the gun.
>>
>>33597403
If you already have a gun then of course you can add the proper amount of fireworks powder, you stupid shithead.
>>
File: 1489790771976.png (343KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489790771976.png
343KB, 1000x1000px
If you pive in a country that prohibits every gun there are two options:
1-it's a japan style super rich country
2:-it's an africa tier piss poor country that can't afford proper police and security so it forbids it's citizens to have guns.
You have a farm so i'm gonna go for the second one:
GET A GUN
If your country is so poor they don't have the means to enforce the law
>>
>>33597566
Nailed it.
I have firearms but I will only use those for self/home defence. I'd rather loose a shitty home made musket to the police and have some firearms hidden to defend my family with.
>>
>>33597581
>>33596592
>>>33597566
>Nailed it.
>I have firearms but I will only use those for self/home defence. I'd rather loose a shitty home made musket to the police and have some firearms hidden to defend my family with.

Oh then i'll take a crossbow like this

https://www.amazon.com/SA-Sports-Fever-Crossbow-Package/dp/B007ELWHJ0

bc once the police finds out you have a gun whitout complying they'll search for more.
Can you say the continent ?
South america ?
>>
>>33597601
Yeah, SA.
Although the gun laws are so shit the gun vendors will just shrug and sell you more ammunition that they can.

Last year my brother got his house searched and they found an old Ithaca 37 under his matress.
The police officer said "Well since you don't have any police records and you don't look like a drug addict I'll just pretend this wasn't here."
>>
>>33597624
Can't you just buy some old .22 lr rifle? Around here old hunters get rid of the basic ones for super cheap. Given the cheapest ones aren't in perfect condition of course but since you have the risk of getting them taken away it probably won't matter
>>
>>33597624
What's the jail time for undeclared guns ?
Mine is up to 1 year but jails are so full they'll give you 6-9 months in domiciliary.
Or sometimes it's just a fine lol
>>
>>33597671
Everything is regulated.
Every. Fucking. Thing.
If you want a sight with over 6x32 magnification you need a license.
Co2 guns need a license.
that's what makes illegal and home made firearms so damn common.

>>33597683
Well, up to 10 years for the illegal posession of a firearm, no fine.
But having a firearm is a clusterfuck of crimes that can be charged against you.
Having firearm material is a crime, shooting a firearm is a crime (I shit ye not) and if you shoot an unarmed burglar when you didn't know he was unarmed you're royally fucked.
If he dies you'll pay a pension to his family for the rest of your life and if he lives not only will he come back to fuck you up, you'll answer in court and most likely will end up paying child support for all of his children.
>>
>>33597726
Fucking laws that protect more the criminals that the citizens.
in my country: they won't punish you hardly for owning but if you shoot an invader then it's murder+jail time for the gun.
>>
>>33597726
That's fucking stupid, if you live in a country where you have problems with big rodents and birds they should allow you to own at least small caliber rifles and shotguns. It also seems like home made firearms must be somewhat dangerous, ain't that a problem?
>>
>>33598448
yeah but less guns on gun shops mean less criminality

that's why people are getting mugged with FALs
>>
>>33597624
>>33597229
>>33597780
This is Brazil no doubt, only shithole I know that has these pants-on-head retarded gun laws.
>>
>>33599482
congratulations sir you won a trip to rio
>>
>>33599609
Fuck no I didn't leave that backwards hellhole of a city for nothing
But yeah, you're pretty much fucked unless you know someone inside the federal police, maybe try looking at the anarchist's cookbook for some gunpowder recipes and such... just make sure you're testing it from a safe distance
>>
>>33599726
It's infurating that people who dont want to associate with criminals have to become criminals to defend themsleves and also are out matched by actual scum who have real guns.
>>
>>33596592
Black powder has a hard time getting to dangerous pressure levels in modern-quality firearms. Just how good a firearm did your grandfather make?
>>
>>33596592
Are airguns legal? They're pretty damn good these days.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.