[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ Morale Check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 22

File: Motivator shit.png (395KB, 501x383px) Image search: [Google]
Motivator shit.png
395KB, 501x383px
It's late, what are you still doing up?

Need to get something off your chest? Go ahead and take the load off, we're all friends ITT

Also, lets lighten up the mood and hear some salty sea stories guys
>>
>>33595674
Procrastination
>>
>>33595709
I feel you there, been out of the military for about 5 months and I just been putting off work and school

I want to get settled down and have a family, job, house and all that shit but I can't figure out how Im going to do that exactly
>>
File: 1491533570000.gif (69KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491533570000.gif
69KB, 450x360px
I always feel like ass and I hate myself. Now gib me attention and feel sorry for me.
>>
File: COMBAT.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
COMBAT.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>33595717
fucking cunt
>>
>>33595674
I'm trying my hardest to support my family by taking a job I don't like and is horrible for my health when my last job shut down.
I'm at the poorest part of my life and haven't felt so miserable before.

I don't shoot my guns anymore because I can't allocate any money towards fun things and I'm holding out as long as I can to not sell anything.
Life is shit. I'm just trying to make sure my family is as happy as possible.
>>
>>33595717
Alright
>>
>>33595806

What is it you do?
What state you in?
>>
File: wwjdwhip.jpg (52KB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
wwjdwhip.jpg
52KB, 540x386px
>>33595674
Killing time while waiting for contract paperwork, bored as fuck so I'm back into playing wow while I wait for summer forestry stuff to get back into swing.

One of my guildies relays her situation, she's elderly, on ss, only gets 1200 a month, but pays 700 out of that to her son for rent to live in his basement have intermitent access to the upper floors to cook for herself, use the restroom and shower and is the defacto babysitter. She's got 12 dollars to last the rest of the month on and a snafu with her car insurance carrier has her uninsured starting on the 12th and'll be fined something like 1.2k by the state for being uninsured (tried explaining to her that's at time of registration iirc)

>MFW not sure if I should call the state police on her son and daughter in law, collaborate with some other guildies to fund her insurance this month, or just drive crosscountry and beat she tar out of her dirtbag son.

Fuuuuck this is part of the reason why I quit wow in the first place. You get social with your guildies and pretty soon you end up meetting up for coffee with one of them that just divorced and is driving across multiple states to start their life over to make sure they're ok after they've been driving 8 hours and texted you at 4 am.
>>
>>33595674
Im working.
>>
>>33595936

What in the blue veined throbbing fuck did I just read?
>>
>>33596097
He is saying he ends up getting to know the people in his world of warcraft guild and begins to care about them just like any close irl friend and begins to worry when he learns they are going through a tough time.

He sounds like a great guy desu.

I get the same way with my friends I have met on this board.
>>
>>33595674
Been thinking about suicide for a few years now, but I'm hoping that this stupid Syria shit will turn hot so I can die there instead of here.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 1278x718px
Feeling weird and sad, man. I'm graduating high school in 2 months and I have no clue what I'm going to do with my life. What I really need is a job, and a gym membership (I'm a 5'9 130lb pos), while balancing my shitty art I'm trying to do, but I haven't been able to get off my dumb ass for long enough to do it. As much as the whole endless war thing pisses me off I wouldn't mind getting drafted right now, it would give me some direction.

In other news, you guys ever heard or GK Chesterson? I'm reading his book about his trip to America right now and it's pretty good, if you ask me.
>>
File: 1481435287505.png (111KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1481435287505.png
111KB, 800x806px
>>33595674
Thanks for checking on me, /k/. This anon reports feeling mostly rage, or nothing. I've developed a very low opinion of most humans since I've become a NEET. I have no money and no desire to live in this shitty beaner town. I'm up early writing a resume and hunting for federal jobs. I don't think I have the patience to sit through 3 years of college classes and not in a career. I need to save some money quick, buy a parcel in Texas, and build an off-grid home to survive the coming nukes/race war.

>>33595716
I feel ya m8. Been out for over a year. Living at mom's house, playing fallout and shitposting. /lit/ has helped me get some good reading in, at least. Don't let procrastination steal too much of your life away. I think wife and family are traps. But if you want those things, you should have them. Start with a job. Your resume should look pretty good, right?

>>33595806
There's a good man.
>>
>>33595674
Commonwealth is shit. Have to pay $300 something dollars for a fucking sports shooters permit and everything here is twice as expensive because of importations. Thanks to the previous revolts throughout the cold war and the fucking crime wave, I can't buy other ammo and both the firearm and the ammunition its chambered in has to be registered. Still beats West and East Coast communist states by a landslide since we're still able to get NFA items and have our firearms untouched as is with no ""restrictive""" features
>>
File: 1487453383133.jpg (219KB, 500x860px) Image search: [Google]
1487453383133.jpg
219KB, 500x860px
>>33595717
>>
>>33595674
Working a relatively dead end job, on nights, and wondering how ill fit in school.
got out last May, and have sat idle for half of that. Have wife and now 2 kids to provide for. Dont have any direction other than maybe Mechanical engineering for a degree, and try to survive in the meantime.
no idea what career I want, or where I want to go. So im stuck in CA until I can make enough cash to move out.

Bright side is that most of my bills are handled, excluding rent (living with wife's family due to mom having cancer), so we're stable. Not where id like to be, but stable nonetheless.
>>
File: 1489825847436.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489825847436.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>33595674
I'm awake because I work graveyard security and I'm on my sixth consecutive shift. I'm not getting overtime because the pay period rolled over part of the way through the week. It's okay though because the constant work and exhaustion is a welcome distraction from the fact that my GF effectively ended shit without warning. At least I get to shoot my new Springfield RO Operator tomorrow for the first time.
>>
>>33595674

I want WW3 to happen already.

moral high enough for you?
>>
Grandpa died, which sucked.

His funereal was excellent. It was slightly irreverent, but respectful and had excellent Air Force stuff.

His coworkers pulled off a hard to do thing and got approval for a C130 flyover. It was amazing that they unintentionally timed it seconds before the gun salute.

I am upset that my female cousin got ALL of his firearms. He was closer to her from what I understand but their was no stipulation as to where the guns would go but she was in possession of them at the time of his death for a competition so my grandma said they went to her.

I just want one to remember him by, something to pass down to my son when I pass that was in our family.
>>
>>33596360
You should say something.

>what did the girl part matter
>>
>>33595674
sitting here with a gun im my hands thinking about if i want to pull it or not
>>
>>33596153

Unless you are planning to live off your parents or have something going on you are not telling us, please dont pursue art professionally, atleast not now. Wait until you have a steady job and income so you dont become another sad college grad statistic. Some people cant even into college if they wanted to, and they wanna be engineers, med professionals, ect. Sorry if its coming off a lil harsh, for some reason i care what some anon does.
>>
>>33596370
I copy pasted that post from a message I sent to another person who knows of my cousins, but not by name.

I did. Everybody but Grandma was offended and thought it was me trying to gain from his death or something. I just imprint on objects easy and associate his stuff with him, I feel this is a normal thing.

Plus she's a rent a cop and I'm a pizza delivery guy so maybe they think she needs them more? I take some solace knowing he would have wanted me to have one and the others are acting selfishly. I am not part of that clique they created on that side as my mother is different than my siblings' and I look quite a bit different (i.e. Mexican) than them too, which I think further creates separation.
>>
>>33595674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzGd2CElR0

mcmaster's recent war talk
>>
File: itsanexistentialkindoffeel.jpg (216KB, 1255x567px) Image search: [Google]
itsanexistentialkindoffeel.jpg
216KB, 1255x567px
>>33595674
>be night manager at Lowes
>miserable job but decent pay
>no time for women
>free time spent trying to sleep
>mom back up in NJ is sick again
>might have to move back in with her weeks after getting my own place in Naples
>got bit by a chlorine drinking rat

Fuck I'm tired
>>
>>33596244
I hate this shit my mother is old.
>>
>>33595717
Chek em
>>
Started a construction job literally today, starting [my countries version of] college this august and I'll be getting my hunting license and hopefully a mini 14 around that time, doing pretty good for once! Gonna celebrate Easter as well this weekend with some family which I'm looking forward to :)
>>
I'm ok at the moment. Job is getting into the busy season which means I will have more to do and less time to sit around thinking.
Think I might look into EMT training also. We had a big event on Saturday where someone had a seizure. I didnt see what happened just that someone was on the ground and the medic on site had an oxygen mask on him.
I ran down to help while the truck was called and ended up staying to help the whole time cause the guy got combative when he started coming too. It took 6 of us to hold him down enough to get meds in him. The guy took 3 doses to calm he down enough to get on the truck and was fighting us for like an hour. I'm still sore from it today.
I must have done a good job though because when I was talking to the medic that stayed on site, he said he thought I was an EMT also with how I handled it. Asked me if I ever thought of becoming one cause they could use more people like that.
Now I'm thinking about it and I'm just not sure. I could do it, dont know if I want to do it just yet.
>>
Is it hard to identify where you've been shot from if the sound got drowned out and you couldn't use your environment as hints?
Like if you had to run through a field alone, then a bullet pierced through your arm or something.
Could you tell by pain alone if it was from behind or the front? Could the sudden pain spreading also make it confusing?
>>
>>33596520
Justdoit.gif
>>
>>33595936
I am so confused right now. Why would anyone drive cross country to meet a person from the internet.
>>
Been in for a year and 2 months and sill havent done anything yet

be a nuke they said, it's rewarding work they said

oh well charleston isnt bad
>>
Spring Lacrosse/Skeet team is going great. Pulling a 3.8. Just got accepted into Navy and Army lacrosse prospect camps. My end goal is to play lax for West Point or Navy. Making my boys proud. Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week.
>>
>>33595717
You fucker
>>
>>33595674
I graduate college with a technical degree and 5 years of IT experience but all the offers I'm getting pay less than my internships.

Meanwhile my sister graduated with no experience in a non-technical field and is being paid 10k more than my best offer.

I just want a decent paying job so I can buy a vepr as a gift to myself without worrying about money, man
>>
>>33596589
I dont feel like I'm supposed to do it. Like I can step up and get shit done when it needs done and I'm the only one there.
But I don't know if I can do that everyday. I used to talk people out of suicide so I know what its like to have to be at your best everyday and I don't know if I can be.
>>
>>33597130
I see where you're coming from, but I'm assuming that the training would let you basically perform at average and still do as well as you would at perfect if that makes any sense at all
>>
>>33595674
Exhausted. My job for whatever reason decided to make me a fake manager, meaning I get the keys to the store and alarm code, and have to come in at 4am five days a week. My sleep schedule is fubar at this point, I just nap when the opportunity presents itself. I make decent money now though, enough to buy a new wheel gun to replace my old one I sold to make ends meet a while back. Got my tax refunds back too, though that will all be put towards a new suspension setup for my car.

Just wish I had shifts other than 4am-12:30, I'm getting pretty burned out
>>
>>33595674
I am ready to shoot some mutha fuckin invading forces. That's how I feel. It would be scary but also great to let some rounds loose guerilla style on foreign troops on American soil. What a time to be alive.
>>
Concerned I'm not gonna fitten up enough for when the physical checks come around.

Going on /k/ motivates me
>>
>>33597307
I hate that shit. Giving you manager duties with no manager pay.
>>
>>33595674
I think I'm finally getting over my ex, it's been a while (October 2016), I still feel lonely sometimes.
I'm about three years behind in school, I've been doing well these past two semesters but at the beginning of this semester thoughts of my ex came back to haunt me and I fucked up again.
I feel like such a fuck up and I hate myself so much for it, I'm just so tired of everything.
>>
>>33596371
sitting here with my dick im my hands thinking about if i want to pull it or not
>>
File: IMG_20170410_182108.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_182108.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
wondering why the fuck am i still in the military
>>
File: rocken Nixion.jpg (79KB, 624x431px) Image search: [Google]
rocken Nixion.jpg
79KB, 624x431px
>>33595717
posting Nixon
>>
File: 1486601997501.jpg (100KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
1486601997501.jpg
100KB, 605x454px
>>33597012
>mfw that's exactly what I'm doing this summer

Granted though, I also really want to see the country and do some /out/ing along the way.
>>
>>33596371
Ok. I am sorry. Hopefully you can get one from her if you tell her how this is for you.

Alot of people expect that everyone sees the world the way they do, especially if they grew up with an echo chamber. If you are really different in the way you feel about these heirlooms versus what your family thinks, you Must not stifle yourself (or violate your family).
>>
File: 1449813062565.png (70KB, 226x219px) Image search: [Google]
1449813062565.png
70KB, 226x219px
>>33595717
I'm superstitious. Here's your (You)
>>
>>33595717
fuck
>>
File: 1418014948812.jpg (19KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1418014948812.jpg
19KB, 500x359px
>suck at my job
>kitty is dying
>somehow broke my scope just by shooting yesterday

At least it's starting to get warm outside.
>>
>>33596378
They probably would for a few years. I agree that I really do need a job but I haven't worked up the courage to apply in person for anything, yet. I have passing thoughts about the Army, but 5'9 ~130 lbs, social anxiety, etc
Thanks for the (you), though, how are you doing?
>>
>>33598948
the fuck kinda scope is that? too bad anon. Hope you're doing well
>>
>>33596163
It does but I've got that little faggot devil on my shoulder that keeps telling me to reenlist, that things are gonna start picking up again and might get a real deployment

As of now, I'm living at my dads house in the middle of nowhere, shitposting on /k/ and jerkin off, I tried to do something out of state but it didn't work and I lost most of my money trying to make it work so Im back to square one
>>
Anyone here ever worked in construction? Like on a city level? I'm looking into getting a job working on a new bridge my city is planning to start this year and don't know if I should really go for it.
>>
File: 1397195103743.jpg (78KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
1397195103743.jpg
78KB, 462x462px
>>33595674

>can't get over my ex of 2 years after 6 months
>every time I am bored I think about her
>work is going out of business in a few months so job searching
>locked myself out of my car
>football is still months away

could be better could be worse.
>>
>>33595674
Got engaged tonight. The best part was we had been discussing how to finance the wedding, and I had told her I could sell some of my collection (49 guns), and tonight she told me she doesn't want me to do that. She's a sweetheart, but a man only needs so many 9mm carbines.
>>
>>33595717
>>
Still living at home with parents even with a damn engineering degree. in the mean time im working at a shooting range to keep money flowing. Been applying for a shitload of engineering jobs but keep getting rejected. Had one interview but the job sounds pretty shitty as well as stressful and i am not sure if they liked me.
>>
>>33606150
NIIIIIIICE
Sounds like a good wife if she wants you to keep your guns. Best of luck to you pal, hope it all works out.
>>
File: 21 (1).jpg (511KB, 1075x1517px) Image search: [Google]
21 (1).jpg
511KB, 1075x1517px
>>33595674
I'm working tomorrow and I don't know what time I need to go to work, but that is slowly not going to matter because I confirmed that despite working full time hours for part time I never got those vacation hours this year.
>>
>>33595717
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>33596244
fuck you
>>
I am sitting in my dorm room with the sinking sense of dread that I am wasting my life on something that I don't care about. I would probably celebrate if we went to war right now since the only thing that is keeping me from killing myself is the stigma attached and that I am close to my family.
>>
>>33606226
Thanks friendo!
>>
>>33595674
talked with an old buddy on facebook, thinkin bout starting an exercise regiment, eating healthier, buying a spear, ect.
>>
>>33595717
Go sit on a cactus
>>
I feel like I need to see a psychiatrist before I crack, but I'm afraid that my family will use that against me as evidence that I'm crazy, not to mention there's a chance I will lose my guns.
>>
>>33596402
Have some hope, don't give up.

Maybe also buy a gun he wished he had, and dedicate it to him.

We all can make it, brah.
>>
>>33597307
What if everyone in your position, too leaned upon, just quit?

I always wonder these thoughts.

I mean, do what you want if you don't hurt anyone.
>>
>>33595674
I have an ex wife and have spent ten years in the courts with her insanity trying to stay in touch with my kid.
>>
>>33607086

Don't let yourself go more crazy by not doing anything to help!

You should be able to get that help without it hurting you.

This is why violence erupts, partially, because people who need a doc are afraid of it.
>>
>>33607217
I'm not a student anymore so I don't get free psychiatrist visits anymore, not to mention it would show up on the family insurance which I am on. There has to be a way to do it 100% off the record.
>>
File: IMG-1169222910.jpg (46KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-1169222910.jpg
46KB, 500x402px
>>33596073
IVY!
>>
>>33607237
Lol hey you
>>
>>33606395

Are you me?

I want to go back to all the dust and random explosions in the night. I fought with my father because I told him that I would like to go back to the Army. Apparently playing soldier is not a real job. I hate graduate school. I don't even care about the lab anymore. I just miss it all.
>>
File: 1403699059726.jpg (21KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1403699059726.jpg
21KB, 500x566px
>>33595674

Left the Army back in November. I'm coasting off my savings, renting a room out of a house along with a childhood friend of mine. I'm taking my writing and other creative endeavors seriously, trying to publish all the stories I've written over the last ten years, going over scripts and the like. My buddies at my unit teased me about it. Being an infantryman and being an "artiste". Always good natured though, they were great guys. Made a big stink about me getting out, about how smart I was and how they wanted to hear about me striking it out and being a big shot writer someday. I hope I can prove them right.
>>
>>33607607

What do you write?
>>
File: 1431532047593.jpg (25KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1431532047593.jpg
25KB, 534x401px
>>33607629

Mostly short stories and screenplays. The occasional stage play. One full-length novel I'm revising to death. I also did acting, mostly theater, before I enlisted. I love both really.

I write a lot of horror. Love magical realism, dark comedy, the surreal. Got plenty of experiences worth jotting down to elicit a laugh or shudder outta someone. I also write kids stories. Guess I wanna worlds of my own to share with my kids in the future.

Other than being a grunt, the only lifestyle that makes me happy is this creative stuff. Hoping I can make a living off it.
>>
>>33607686
didn't have any desire to try out for some high speed unit instead?
>>
>>33607686
>>33607607
Remarkably comfy sounding.

Good luck
t. civvy writefag
>>
Dying a little on the inside as I wait for Peruta to be taken up by the Supreme Court but I know that faggot Kennedy will not want gun rights to expand that far so one of the conservatives will back off being that 4th vote.

Also losing faith that national reciprocity will happen since the Republicans are merely saving that as a 2018 campaign issue.
>>
>>33595717
Damnit
>>
>>33595717
U lil' bitch
>>
>>33597360
Hang in there anon, one day at a time and it'll get better. Don't let some cunt ruin your life for you
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 792x1224px
>>33595717
>>
>>33595717
nigr
>>
>>33603303
Nikon Buckmasters II.
I mean I know it's a cheap scope but I didn't expect it to shit the bed this easily.
>>
File: heal slut.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
heal slut.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>33595717
You fucking mongrel
>>
>>33597130
Don't do it. It is the hardest job you will ever love. It is kinda like an abusive Ex that keeps coming around to ride your dick for a bit and then leave. Not enough money for the amount of your life that you lose. There are certainly good parts, but they tend to be just far enough apart to keep you hooked looking for the next hit.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.