[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knights Armarment SR-25 [APR(M-Lok)]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (123KB, 2000x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 2000x630px
>Is it it a meme gun or is it a decent gun?

>What's the highest amount you'd pay for something like this new out of the box?
(Average price is 4K+)

Specs
>Barrel/Twist
20" 5R cut/1:10 twist
>Caliber
.308 or 7.62
>Weight
10.5 pounds
>Length
39.75" (101 cm) to 43.5" (110.5 cn)
https://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/sr-25-e2-apr-m-lok/?cate_cm=commercial&term=sr-25&features=sr-25-e2-apr-m-lok
>Review
http://www.recoilweb.com/preview-knights-sr-25-enhanced-combat-carbine-35665.html

>IYHO
>Would it be better to buy or build?
>Recommed companies that deal with AR-10 lowers.
>>
You're absolutely going to be paying a chunk of cash for the name.
>>
>>33594381
So is it overhyped garbage or does it actually perform well?
>>
>>33594396
No, KA is high quality stuff, but like a good portion of /k/, we can't afford most f their stuff.
From just reading and watching a lot, they just seem to be more military contract focused than civilian, and they know they have the name and reputation to put a very high price tag on their product.
>>
WTF

You can make a decent AR-10

>minus the optic

for probably $1000
>>
>>33594719
Basically I have to be Mil or win the save a whole bunch of money up.

Glad to know that the product is worth it at least.

If you were going add attachments or do upgrades what would you personally go with?

>Scope
>Bipod
>Stock
>Random Accessories
>>
>>33594744
What would you recommend?
>>
>>33594329
Knight's Armament makes great rifles. But you're gonna pay for aesthetics and brand. If you like those things enough it may be worth it, but you could probably find a Noveske that's just as nice for $2,500, or build a SMOS Arms (OEM for Noveske) rifle for a couple grand.
>>
>>33594846
>Noveske
Thanks for telling me about them it's the first I've heard of them

I mean I've googled AR-10 Lowers yet there's not that many good resources.
>>
>>33594814
Shit, you can buy a $300 lower with a Gieselle trigger and a $600 upper from Palmetto State Armory right now. I was literally talking out of my ass when I said $1000
>>
>>33594930
Thanks.
>>
>>33594950
Of course.

If it's a precision rifle you're making, make sure to have a nice, match grade trigger (gieselle works) match grade barrel (416R/5R) and avoid anything ridiculously heavy like a quadrail.

Stock can be also somewhat important, some people greatly prefer something like a Minimalist, UBR, or CTR stock because they have very little wobble.

Have fun picking out an optic. I am by no means an expert there.

Have fun anon.
>>
>>33594988
For match grade barrels would Faxxon work?

I mean the general consensus is that they make Bretty good barrels/Guns
>>
>>33595014
I mean, the Palmetto state upper comes with a 416R barrel on its own.

There's always Larue.
>>
>>33595028
Ah, that makes sense.
>>
>>33595057
Good luck with your build.

Personally I am kind of jealous- that sounds like an insanely good deal on both parts of what sounds like a budget-performance-tier rifle. Even moreso considering it's a .308

You might end up spending another $100 on BUIS and hell knows how much on a proper scope (and I have no idea about those)... but good luck.
>>
You could just buy an Aero M5
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.