[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Aight fags I'm looking for a pair of boots with the perfect balance of comfort and aesthetic. Something I can hike in.

Post your own and suggest pls.
>>
>>33593105
You're not looking for "military" boots then. What's your budget?
>>
>>33593119 I don't own any pairs of military grade boots at the moment, but I plan on getting a pair of US Jungle Boots and some Russian Kirza boots which may be recommendable.
>>
>>33593148
You do not want to hike in either of those. If you're just looking for military style boots just go get some shit jungle boots and never do anything serious in them.
>>
>>33593148
>military grade boots
>>
>>33593225
Give OP some slack, it sounds like he's never done anything beyond gravel trails in his life.
>>
>>33593165
May not be the best recommendations, but I don't see why either of them are too horrible.
>>
File: IMG_3493.jpg (269KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3493.jpg
269KB, 1400x1400px
I've been wearing rocky S2V for a few years. They're not as comfortable as when I first bought them but they used to be like walking on a cloud. Pretty firm material provides good ankle support too.
>>
>>33593250
You've never worn either of those, and there is a good reason you will never see anyone wearing that type of boot on the trail. Jungle boots are for preventing trenchfoot, and those Russian boots are budget garbage.

Treat your feet right, there is absolutely no exception to this rule. If your feet hurt, you will fucking hate everything, I promise.

Go to your local sporting goods or shoe store, try on all the different types of hiking boots they have, and get the ones that fit best, not the ones that "have more aesthetic." AESTHETIC MEANS NOTHING WHEN YOUR FEET HURT.

"MILITARY" boots are nothing but within a certain range of arbitrary specifications that have little bearing on making them better boots for you.
>>
>>33593300

>aesthetic means nothing when your feet hurt

Aesthetic meant nothing when 6 million Jews were gassed
>>
>>33593325
Good enough to gas six gorillion gems.

Speaking of which, I'm seriously looking for jackboots or something aesthically similar. Any suggestions on where to look?
>>
>>33593250
Jackboots suck for hiking unless they fit really, really well (also, russian ones are cut to use with footwraps). They also breathe poorly because the whole shaft is made from kirza, which could as well be rubber.

Jungle boots are a bit better, but still 60s technology. Modern boots will be way more comfortable and have sole cushioning.
>>
File: 716sA0kz3PL._UY395_.jpg (21KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
716sA0kz3PL._UY395_.jpg
21KB, 395x395px
get a good pair of british assault boot like pic related
there uncomfy as fuck for a awhile but once there worn in you wont have any issues
I had a pre owned pair what I used for running, hiking and general use and they were the best god damn pair of boots i've ever had and not once did I get even a blister in them
unfortunately I left them in the porch and forgot about them and the leather went mouldy from the damp
>>
>>33593622
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/bundesmarine-jackboots-surplus/30484
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.