[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any single use of nuclear weapons automatically lead to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: Ivy.jpg (420KB, 1280x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Ivy.jpg
420KB, 1280x1599px
Does any single use of nuclear weapons automatically lead to international nuclear war?

If the Norks launch their one nuke at South Korea, does America suddenly start launching all theirs?

If the Indians launch their nukes at the Pakistanis (or vice versa), do Chinese or Russian nukes fly as well?

Basically, is there such a thing as limited nuclear war?
>>
>>33592519
No, there would be deliberation, phone calls, meetings, nudes on snapchat, courier pigeons, smoke signals, and Powwows.
>>
>>33592555
Trips of truth, you won't get Armeggedon just because Iran and Israel glass each other. Whichever country is directly involved will be sure to calm the rest of the world down before retaliating (in the case of allies who aren't being directly hit.)
>>
>>33592723
If Israel is invovled, you WOULD get Armeggedon. That's their Samson Option. If they get nuked, they hold the rest of the world morally responsible for not stopping it and nuke everyone.
>>
>>33592772

The Samson Option isn't real, it's a lie made up by lowkey neo-nazis trying to turn popular opinion against Israeli. It's a anti-zionist fairy tale.

Israeli hasn't even confirmed (nor has it been proven) to possess nuclear weapons.
>>
>>33592812
>.02 shekels have been deposited
It's been confirmed that Israel has nukes since the 70s.
>>
>>33592772
That's not the Samson option. The Samson option is using nuclear weapons to prevent conventional military defeat, and thus the presumed destruction of the Israeli state.
>>
>>33592851
>It's been confirmed that Israel has nukes since the 70s.

By whom?
>>
>>33592812
>Israeli hasn't even confirmed (nor has it been proven) to possess nuclear weapons.
I'll buy the first part of your post, but I don't believe this
>>
>>33592519
>Would the US commit national suicide because of a stupid little third-world country?

The answer is no.

The US would just cream the Norks for it.

>>33592772
Generic /pol/-level retardation.
>>
>>33592772
How's it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>33592812
The way you worded your response makes it seem like you are a zionist. Also, it is has long been speculated that Israel does posses Nukes. And it would be wise to treat Israel as a Nuclear armed nation.
>>
>>33593194
>speculated

key word there
>>
>>33592519
>Does any single use of nuclear weapons automatically lead to international nuclear war?
No.
>If the Norks launch their one nuke at South Korea, does America suddenly start launching all theirs?
No.
>If the Indians launch their nukes at the Pakistanis (or vice versa), do Chinese or Russian nukes fly as well?
No.
>Basically, is there such a thing as limited nuclear war?
What you are describing is not what is meant by 'Limited Nuclear War.'
What you are describing is nonsensical.
>>
>>33593229

Alright, what do you call warfare with nukes used on a limited scale/target?
>>
>>33592812
>>33593031
>>33593065

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option
It has it's own Wikipedia page.
>>
>>33592772
>That's their Samson Option
No its not.

>>33592812
>The Samson Option isn't real,
It is.

The Sampson Option is the idea that Israel would use nuclear weapons in the even that a nations conventional forces were about to overrun the nation.
Israel would use these weapons against these non-nuclear power nations conventional forces as well as on their population centers.

>>33592966
This.

>>33593248
Limited Nuclear War.

But thats not what OP is describing.

He's describing the silly idea that if the US and China have an exchange that Russia will, for reasons never fully explained, decide to wade in as well.
Or that if India and Pakistan attack each other that the US and Russia will decide to McWatt themselves.

>>33593290
>"last resort" against a country whose military has destroyed much of Israel.
>>
>>33593312
>He's describing the silly idea that if the US and China have an exchange that Russia will

Russian operators have just detected an insane amount of launches from both China and the United States.

What do you think the first think Russia is going to do?
>>
>>33593339
>Russian operators have just detected an insane amount of launches from both China and the United States.
>What do you think the first think Russia is going to do?

Is the US in a crisis with the Russians or with the Chinese?
>>
>>33593364

The US has a very extensive history of conflict with both
>>
>>33593412
Nuclear wars will not happen out of the blue. There will be a precipitating crisis.

With this in mind, we will assume that the US is in some sort of conventional crisis with the Chinese.

If the US fires first, the US would probably prefer to strike Chinese forces with SLBMs, and Russia would probably not detect their launch, but would pick them up in boost phase.
Russia would convene their version of an attack conference, use the track data to produce impact projections which would so the weapons were heading into China.
They would raise alert, but thats it.

If the US decided it needed to use ICBM's they would probably call the Russians 10-15 minutes before launch, so that the Russians are aware of the attack and its intended target.

Russia would track the missiles, determine quickly where they are heading, and raise alert, and thats it.

Does that answer your question?
>>
>>33593483
Pretty much this.

Nations don't go full retard the moment they detect a launch. Their nation's nuclear weapons and C3/C4I (?) are designed to survive a first strike. They won't risk a counter-value strike until they're sure their nation is fucked because if they've made a mistake their nation truly is fucked.
>>
>>33593339
Surely the US and/or China would notify Russia of their attack as it's being carried out to prevent that misunderstanding?
>>
>>33593002
Ephraim Katzir in 1974, Moshe Dayan in 1981, Shimon Peres in 1998, and Ehud Olmert in 2006. Is this a joke?
>>
>>33593633

You cannot pull a single quote from any of those four that states" Israel has nuclear weapons" because none of them have ever said such a thing.

And please, Olmert's "implications" doesn't count as evidence.
>>
>>33593676
I don't care, its your right to believe what you want.
>>
Most likely the us will respond in a proportional way to whatever N Korea does. The president would be presented with a wide array of options, but it does not make sense to glass N Korea over one or two nukes.
>>
>>33593713

You can't just throw out names and expect people to "just believe" that they said things that support your argument.
>>
>>33593728
Clearly you have never been to /pol/
>>
>>33593728
Why the fuck do you think US airlifted almost 5 billion of shit in Yom Kippur war? Golda Meir ordered assembly of 20 kT nuclear warheads, and she did it plainly obvious to US and soviet surveillance. After that materiel started rolling in.
>>
>>33593831

Give me dat sauce, boi
>>
>>33593857
Fine I'll spoon feed an imbecile. Google nickel grass
>>
>>33593917
>In a series of events that took place over 32 days, the Military Airlift Command of the U.S. Air Force shipped 22,325 tons of tanks, artillery, ammunition, and supplies in C-141 Starlifter and C-5 Galaxy transport aircraft between October 14 and November 14, 1973

I forgot you make nuclear material by melting down tanks
>>
>>33593718
Yes it does.

North Korea are a rouge nation. The US (or any other nation) aren't going to hinder their war-fighting capability once the Norks cross the nuclear threshold. The US will nuke anything that resembles a possible nuclear installation and then use nuclear weapons on their chemical weapons depots for good measure.

Then, they'll follow it up with tactical nuclear strikes as needed during the advance towards Pongyang.
>>
>>33593953
You're clearly a retard.
>>
As insane as we think the govts. of the world are, thankfully they are led , at least mostly, by people who are more level headed than the average /k/ moron. If one of you unstable disgraces were ever in a position of any real power, then it would be time to panic for the citizens of earth. I guarantee many of you would do something monumentally dumb, because many of you ARE dumb, and don't understand half of what you talk about in here. This thread is a graphic example. Hopefully you will keep your retarded geopolitical theories here on the board, and never have a chance to propagate them IRL.
>>
>>33593983

That seems a bit much. I would think that limited tactical nuclear strikes would be made followed by conventional precision bombing before an invasion of NK.
>>
>>33593953
not that anon, but clearly he is implying that the fissile material was shipped in lieu of the conventional weapons.

it isn't that hard to imagine shipping barrels of uranium hexafluoride or even assembled warheads inside the crates marked for other weapons, or inside the armored vehicles.
>>
>>33594337
Israel had nuclear weapons before the US shipped them supplies.

The whole reason the US shipped them supplies was that they rolled their nuclear weapon out onto the tarmac and the US could seem them on satellite.
>>
>>33594592
Finally someone who gets it. What the fuck is with that daft fuck who can't understand why us shipped all those goodies
>>
>>33592812
>Israeli hasn't even confirmed (nor has it been proven) to possess nuclear weapons.
Horseshit they don't have nukes. If they don't have nukes, then why the fuck do they have ICBMs? To deliver conventional ordinance? Get real you fucking dunce.
>>
>>33593312
>>"last resort" against a country whose military has destroyed much of Israel.
It's right in the fucking name. SAMSON Option.

Did you never go to Sunday School? Samson is the long-haired jew who was captured by the enemy but killed EVERYBODY when he pulled the Temple down around him. The Samson Option is a reference to that legend from Jewish mythology. If Israel finds themselves in a situation they can't get out of, they kill EVERYBODY. That's their plan. That's the genocidal ace up their sleeve.
>>
>>33595001
Nothing in this post is based on fact.
>>
>>33595001
>>/pol/
>>
File: Samson.png (484KB, 535x677px) Image search: [Google]
Samson.png
484KB, 535x677px
>>33595038
>>33595041
Read it you uncultured asses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson#Death
>>
>>33595001
>Did you never go to Sunday School?
Yes

>Samson is the long-haired jew who was captured by the enemy but killed EVERYBODY when he pulled the Temple down around him.
He didn't kill everyone.

>The Samson Option is a reference to that legend from Jewish mythology.
Ok.

>If Israel finds themselves in a situation they can't get out of, they kill EVERYBODY. That's their plan. That's the genocidal ace up their sleeve.
No.
1) They don't have enough nuclear weapons to kill EVERYBODY
2) They don't have delivery systems designed to kill EVERYBODY

Their plan is to deliver warheads onto the conventional forces of their attackers as well as their economic targets.

>>33595060
Good link to a legend.

How about a link that describes the actual policy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

>"last resort" against a country whose military has destroyed much of Israel.

You don't have to thank me. I enjoy educating people.
>>
>>33595077
>30 And Samson said: 'Let me die with the Philistines.' And he bent with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead that he slew at his death were more than they that he slew in his life
Judges, Chapter 16, verse 30.

If Israel is faced with an existential threat, their plan is to kill more in death than they ever killed in life. Their plan for that is to let the nukes fly, sparking a global nuclear war.

But I suppose you're one of those insane neocon retards who believes in "limited nuclear exchange".
>>
>>33595095
>If Israel is faced with an existential threat, their plan is to kill more in death than they ever killed in life. Their plan for that is to let the nukes fly, sparking a global nuclear war.

Let me try again.
>The Samson Option is the name that some military analysts and authors have given to Israel's deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" against a country whose military has destroyed much of Israel.

Would you define "A country whose military has destroyed much of Israel" as EVERYBODY? Or does it refer to a nation who has deployed its military and is about to over run Israel?

>"limited nuclear exchange".
Are you one of those idiots who gets all their nuclear war information from Fallout 4? The reason I ask is because the idea that one nation using nuclear weapons somehow causes everyone else to just become stupid and launch all theirs is the stuff of violent stupidity.

Are you violently stupid?
>>
>>33595152
If ever a belief should be illegal, it's the belief that nuclear war is something that nations can casually engage in without killing billions. Stop listening to insane morons like Kissinger you idiot.
>>
>>33595166
What school did you go to where you honed your nuclear strategy acumen?
>>
>>33595166
>it's the belief that nuclear war is something that nations can casually engage in without killing billions.

No one has ever said casually.

All that I said was that if you think this is what happens:

>Bill, the Jews just nuked Egypt.
>Well shit, we better launch ours at China

>Ivan, the Americans just nukes China!
>Fire all our weapons at France, comrade!

Then you are a fucking idiot.

Also
>billions
This is not an accurate number. Millions? Sure. Tens of Millions? Possible. Hundreds of millions? Probably not any more.
Billions?
Not at all possible.
>>
>>33595166
Also, you never answered my question. I'll repeat it here for your convenience.

>Would you define "A country whose military has destroyed much of Israel" as EVERYBODY? Or does it refer to a nation who has deployed its military and is about to over run Israel?
>>
>>33595077
>as well as their economic targets.
Stop beating around the bush, you are referring to high populations of civilians.
>>
>>33595166
This nigga gots to be trolling. Nobody could be this dumb unless they were doing it on purpose. Come on, people.
>>
>>33595303
The target isn't the civilians, though. It's their infrastructure. Too bad they, you know, live in/on it.
>>
>>33595303
It isn't a bodycount they're after, it's damage to the nation. For example, if this was the 1950s and I was in a wargame with the US, I would nuke Milwaukee. Not because it has a lot of people, but because it has factories. The people are not the intended target, but rather a happy coincidence
>>
>>33595166
>billions
a nuclear war would probably kill not even a billion people at most.
>>
>>33595644
Except we are talking about doing it to your own cities. That isn't to take out factories, that is to instill fear and quash rebellion.
>>
File: 1470398936600.jpg (128KB, 1024x756px) Image search: [Google]
1470398936600.jpg
128KB, 1024x756px
>>33593483
>>33593599
>The Washington-Moscow Hotline in the Kremlin rings
>It's Trump, the US is nuking China and they're gonna win bigly
>10 minutes later the Beijing-Moscow Hotline rings
>Its Xi, they're retaliating to the US strikes
>Putin's face when WW3 is kicking off and somehow Russia isn't getting nuked
>>
>>33595303
They're people in muslim countries that are invading Israel.

It's not everybody. it's not Europe, it's not Russia, it's not the US
>>
>>33595686
What the fuck are you on about? Nuking your own cities? Fuck off aspie.
>>
File: 1442360546092.jpg (437KB, 1162x475px) Image search: [Google]
1442360546092.jpg
437KB, 1162x475px
>>33595762
Replace Ameri-speak and replace Kraut with Ruskie
>>
>>33597014
Replace with*
>>
>>33595303
Its better to destroy the factory than try to kill all the people who can work in it.
>>
File: 1363322697433.jpg (26KB, 175x231px) Image search: [Google]
1363322697433.jpg
26KB, 175x231px
>>33595762
>10 minutes later the Beijing-Moscow Hotline rings
>Its Xi, please help us, we barked too hard at the Americans and they're about to push our shit in
Fixed yer post friendo.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.